Oneshot I Wanna Get Married!

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by AliceShiki, Jul 26, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Another story I'm writing for the Yuri Garden writing competition... Again, I didn't really plan anything and am just going with the flow, so keep that in mind.

There isn't much of a story here, and I don't think what you'll read is that good anyways, so keep that in mind too.

Also, not proofread, beware typos.

Synopsis: A Demon Queen and a Heroine, two deadly rivals that have faced each other over and over again throughout the past decade.

A heroine on her 30s and a Demon Queen on her 300s, a very weird pair of people that can't help meeting one another over and over again.

Genre: Fantasy, Slice of Life, Girl's Love

Tick... Tock. Tick... Tock. I was looking at the clock watching each second pass... She's late. I wonder if anything happened... She didn't get in trouble, did she? She's definitely going to come, right? She couldn't have died out there...

Suddenly, the castle rumbled and a large noise echoed... Now what was that? I got up from my throne and went out to look... A group of 10 or so humans was casting spells non-stop at our walls, what the heck? How did they get here without anyone noticing?

I paid attention to them and noticed a particularly shiny one... Heroine Emilia, so she found a way to sneak past my watch this time... This won't do.

I jumped out of the 10th floor window and landed on the ground in front of her, then shouted from the top of my lungs, "So you dare raid my castle again, Emilia!?"

She smirked before replying, "Today is the day I'll defeat you once and for all, Demon Queen Katrina!" then she took out the sword from her belt.

"Pathetic, prepare to meet your end! Domain of True Darkness!!" A large amount of pure darkness emanated from me and started covering the heroine and her party.

"As if I'll let you, Blessing of the Light!" A bright shield enveloped her allies and made the darkness shy away from them, but she was still surrounded by it.

Now, there was only the two of us in the pitch black space, nobody outside could see us, and we could see nothing aside from each other in here. I rushed forwards and tackled her with all my might while shouting... "You! Are! Late!!!"

She took my tackle head on, dropped her sword and then caressed my head, "Sorry sorry, took me a while to perfect the invisibility spell, how was it? Did I surprise you?"

"Surprise!? You nearly gave me a heart attack! I was thinking you got sick or got an infection that stopped you from getting here! How could you take 17 minutes and 34 more seconds than what we agreed upon to reach here!?" I scolded her.

"Always punctual to a fault..." She giggled, "It couldn't be helped, it would be a wasted effort if you found me before we were at your door... And I know it won't work on the next time anyways..." She looked away.

"Of course it won't! As if I'll let you worry me sick like that again! I'll definitely put anti-invisibility barriers around the castle!" I pouted while we cuddled.

"Which is why I had to do it right this time, ehehehee." Don't ehehehe me! "Anyways, how are things going on your end?"

"Gah, it's so annoying, my counselors keep pressuring me 'Katrina, you ought to find a husband and give you a heir to the throne' or 'The people need the security that comes with a ruling family instead of a sole ruler'. They're such idiots.

"I mean, I won't die of old age anyways, and nobody will kill me in battle regardless, so they should be thanking me for not giving them a child and not contributing to our overpopulation problem! We wouldn't need to constantly attack the human lands if those demons stopped having children for once and just lived their eternal lives in place!" I grumbled while she patted me.

"There there, it can't be helped, you know how much people love kids... I mean, you kept blabbering on and on about how you wanted to find a way to adopt a child that could handle having both an immortal and a mortal mother after all." She mentioned in a pretty casual tone.

"This and that are different!" Well, I didn't really have a rebuttal though, she knows me too well...

She just giggled, "Of course they are..." Then sighed, "It would be soooo much easier if we could just announce 'Hey, we're actually in love and never fought each other even once and are going to get married, so please stop the fights between humans and demons to celebrate our marriage!', wouldn't it?" Well, that would be a dream come true...

"It certainly would... If only it was basically impossible for demons to survive without those wars... Damn, it's so annoying to get happy whenever we get news on someone's death in the frontline." I hugged her tightly before continuing, "What about on your end, how are things going?"

"No good either, it's just so hard to come up with a curse that removes the demons' immortality, even my patron goddess is at a loss on how to do that." She replied in a sorrowful tone.

"No no, who cares about that? This is only a matter of time, I'm asking about the important stuff." Like... She's Emilia, of course she'll do it.

"Oh... Thank you for your trust I guess?" She seemed a bit troubled I called that thing unimportant, but she caught my drift... Aaaah, my girlfriend is so smart, "Well, it's being annoying? I had to turn down 13 different suitors this past month, and the priestess keep trying to push the 'Sacred Warrior' towards me, because 'our holy blood merged together will give birth to someone that not even the Demon Queen could hope to defeat' or something... It's a pain."

"Lol, really? That guy that I beat in 5 seconds? How would he help you in any manner!?" I started laughing.

"I know, right? And he is soooooo boring and full of himself as well! The guy is like, the worst type of man anyone could ever want to be near, I actually dissuaded 3 maidens that were entranced by his looks by sharing some stories of how he usually acts." She told me.

"Gosh, so he is not only a weakling, but also annoying? Good thing you have me, so you'll never have to worry about being forced to be together with that guy." I snuggled with her happily.

"Definitely, if they try forcing me, I'll totally flee to your castle." She kissed me and smiled... Ah, Emilia always knows how to say what I want to hear the most...

"So... How much time do you think we still have left?" I asked her.

"Well, the party has been training pretty diligently, so I think they'll be able to handle your forces for a few more minutes at least. It's a good thing your generals are so full of themselves that they never train, or we'd end up having way less time for ourselves." She reported.

"Fufufu, praise me more, praise me more! I made sure to instill the feelings of security and cultivated their slothness to the best of my capability!" I proudly announced.

"You really shouldn't brag about this kind of thing, but good job nonetheless... Oh, and by the way, my nephew just learned how to summon an angel last week!" She suddenly switched topics.

"Oh my, that's incredible! He's only 14 yet he can do this much? At this rhythm he might even be able to defeat one of my lieutenants in a few years." I answered.

"I knooooow, I'm so proud of him! To think that small boy would become such a great warrior, it's truly amazing. He might even surpass me one day, you know? You should be scared of him." I know she likes bragging about him as if he was her own child, but that's a bit too much...

"Of course, he'll definitely surpass Emilia, Slayer of Dragons, Conqueror of the Death Fortress, Wielder of the Holy Sword, Chosen by the Goddess, Champion of the Nine Realms-" She then interrupted me by putting her hands on my mouth.

"Stop! Stop stop stop stop! I already told you to forget those titles! Why do you keep remembering the whole thing!? Even I forgot some of them already..." She's so cute when embarrassed... I pushed her hands away and kissed her.

"What do you mean the whole thing? There were still 7 more to go, you know?" I giggled, while she gave me a heavy sigh.

"7? Really? I thought there were only 3 more..." She sat down and put me on her lap, then kissed me again.

"Well, you forgot the ones you got in that barbaric island you singlehandedly freed from the rule of outworldly monsters." I reminded her.

"Oh no, those were the worst... Thanks for reminding me of that..." She's cute when she's pouting too... Hehehe.

"You're welcome my love." Suddenly, a small white crack appeared in my domain. "Damn, already?"

"Guess it can't be helped, it's a whole castle versus a handful of heroes after all, there are limits to what they can do." She sighed.

"When can we meet next...?" I asked, hoping for the best.

"Well, Giulio had a quest from the lake maiden to recover a divine sword, and Christo has a ritual to become an angel scheduled, while Lilia is getting married." She reported... Ugh, she'll be busy... But this last one are some good news.

"Really? With whom!? Never expected to see little Lily becoming a grown up lady! Send her my congratulations!" I cheered.

"Well, you know I can't do that..." The crack got bigger, "And it's actually kinda rude to say you never expected her to get married, you know?" I feigned ignorance to that one... "And well, she's getting married to Rufus, you know, the blacksmith that made her Halberd? Apparently she secretly visited him every time we went back to his city in order to flirt, turns out she really did earn his heart." That's a good girl, I'm so proud of her!

The crack kept growing... "Haa... We're really out of time it seems..."

"Out indeed... I guess the next meeting would be... 4 days after the festival for Goddess Serenia? We could meet in around midday, the demons might be weakened at that time and it would give us more time to talk."

"2 months and 17 days then... This stinks, but fine... Take care my Love." I kissed her.

"You too..." She picked up her sword from the ground as the cracks spread all across the domain.

We separated from one another, took battle stances and pretended to be very tired, just a moment before the domain crashed and the outside could see us again. "Emilia! We need to go, we can no longer hold them back!"

"I see... It seems like this is a draw again, Demon Queen, but you won't be so lucky next time!" Emilia shouted while preparing a teleportation spell.

I started making a huge ball of darkness to throw at her, "Ha! Try again in another thousand years you brat!" I made sure to give her time to finish her cast though, by making my ball big, bigger and scarier in the meanwhile.

Just a second before her spell should be finished, I threw my own at her, so she teleported away in the nick of time. A large explosion occurred, but no dead bodies were found in its aftermath. "Tsk, they escaped again." One of my generals commented.

"It's fine, we'll get them next time, good job cornering them so fast." I mentioned to one of them while pretending to care.

"We did nothing, you're the amazing one to not get a single wound when facing that heroine..." It's so funny, I bet her partners are giving her this exact same praise... If only they bothered to pay 5 seconds of attention to the one on the other side, they'd realize this farce... Well, better for me that they don't.

"I didn't beat her yet, so it's nothing worth praising... Come on, we gotta prepare something against invisibility, they won't take us off-guard next time." And so we started to prepare my anti-worry-me-to-death girlfriend assault mechanism.

*pokes @Moonpearl*

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  2. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    leegood likes this.
  4. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    470816077857947658.gif 470816077857947658.gif 470816077857947658.gif 470816077857947658.gif 470816077857947658.gif

Nurman, leegood and AliceShiki like this.
  5. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was scared there for a sec, thinking someone came to NUF in order to vent about their private life... or in search

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I vented about my private life many times on NUF tbh, but I usually do that on blogs, not on threads~

Lonelycity likes this.
  7. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many people for some reason vent about their private life or attempt dating, here, on NUF, of all places...
    I figured it was about time someone came out and just ask to get married

8. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m waiting for the voting to start before I read, so I’ll read it soon!

Moonpearl likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people don't come to NUF to attempt dating, it's more like they end up finding someone, becoming friends, becoming closer, having troubled feelings over their relationship, having a talk, and then start a LDR.

As someone that went through the process twice and knows a handful of people that also went through it, I'm pretty confident in saying that's how it happens to pretty much everyone that does start a relationship through NUF.

10. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am referring specifically to the threads titled "I am looking for someone to date" :)

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  11. MrAconter

MrAconter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AliceShiki likes this.
  12. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobcozy:
    *Babu appears in front of the two*

13. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Noice

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  15. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like the making of a great novel.

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty good. Somehow... reading it, i felt like the story radiated happiness, fluffiness and other good feelings. Even though i dislike that they are not living their life together and that the heroine will die of old age, i will give you my vote for the contest.
    Edit: even though i said i disliked them for some reason the happiness in it made ignore them.

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_pompom: It should be acceptable~! Thank you.

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    We broke up 9 months ago.
    Thank you!

Well, I don't think I could make a novel out of this though, there is some space for plot development, but not enough for a whole novel... >.>

Still, glad you liked it! \(^^)/
    *shakes pompoms*

19. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link