Recommendations I want something Wicked.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Hoshiandme, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    SO. I have been in a mood of late.

I want to read a novel where the MC is wicked and a bit evil, but not so evil that he’ll massacre everything. Just enough to lay down the rules. Aka. Don’t mess with me. Don’t touch me. Don’t look at me. And everything will be fine.

So maybe like a selfish MC.
    But seriously though, I want a novel with some bloodshed. Maybe a war, or invasion, or something like that.
    And no harem please. That entirely just defeats the purpose.

I recently just finished reading I Alone Level Up. And it was good! The MC was perfectly wicked, but he has his own rules and code. Which made it enjoyable and interesting!

Cough.
    I would like to read about a wicked protagonist who still has his own laws and stuff.
    Not LIKE Warlock in a Magus World. That protagonist is just downright ruthless, and not my cup of tea.
    So, EVIL SELFISH PROTAGNIST BUT NOT RUTHLESS AND RUNS BY HIS OWN MORAL CODE! THAT IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE.
    Hence the forum’s title, I don’t want a villain or someone evil, just someone wicked, or selfish, or dark.
    I’m okay with romance too, but please no harem. And if they must be a harem, please choose some interesting females please. I don’t want no bimbos.

And side note, though not really important.
    Maybe an MC with a little brother or something.
    I’m tired of all these male MC’s with a little sister. What does everyone have or need a little sister. Can we get something new here please? So cough, no little sister. But I’m okay if there is one.

otaku31 likes this.
  2. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're okay with MTLing raws, i've got just the thing for you.
    History's Strongest Husband

1. He'll do what's needed to achieve his goals, but not massive slaughters beyond them
    2. As long as he's left alone to do what he wants, he'll bother noone unless they have something he might need, at which point he'll first try and get it nicely, and depending on their reactions change his approach
    3. Putting it like this. One famous member of one family had no morals, and dared to attack his home while he was gone and hurt his woman. He extinguished that family. Along with anyone else who tries to get a piece of their pie, if they pick a fight, he crushes them.
    4. I'm up to date with the raws (like 8 translated chapters out of 300+), and as for harem... 4. Two of them being on the aggressive side towards him . And amongst the more interesting women as well.
    5. He's got an actual blood brother who doesn't show up much after ... 100-200 chapters at most, and a brother-in-law who's shown a lot as well, and has some more important appearances.
    And if you want some more examples of what'll he do to achieve his goals, I could give them to you.
    As for other examples, they're more well-known.
    City of Sin & Monarch of Evernight were mentioned.
    Mechanical God Emperor to some degree,
    God Rank Hero , Tales of the Reincarnated Lord , Star Rank Hunter and definately Throne of the Apocalypse / End of the Magic Era . That last one is as... passive as they come, before they cross the line. Repeatedly.
    They might not all fit all the criterias, but they're around there atleast.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  5. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    History’s Strongest Husband looks good. But I read the reviews, and it talked about how he’s very lecherous and sleeps with everyone even though the novel talks about how much he loved his wife. And about how come he’s letting all these aphrodisiacs hit him when he clearly has the knowledge of medicine, and why he doesn’t take any care towards himself even though he knows he has a lot of enemies.
    So, it doesn’t strike my interest.

City of Sin and monarch of evernivht look good. I might give it a read.

Star Rank Hunter looks good!

Thanks for the reccomendstions! I can honestly tell you love History’s Strongest Husband! Why do you like it so?

6. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, HSH is rare in itself.
    They call him lecherous, but...
    1. His wife
    2. Her maid and friend. Who was offered to fulfill his needs at the start of the marriage , as she didn't want to. Maid initially refused, but later started to seduce him.
    3. A very fierce female pirate (not sure what her actual translated name, GTL only gets it to enemy or demon, so something like that. And that was a one event time, when they were both plotted against by her brother with some very powerful aphrodisiacs, and SHE couldn't hold herself back.)
    4. A princess. They at first treat eachother as 'genderneutral brothers', but after some more events and they both get very drunk... it happens, I think that was about how it happened.
    1,2 & 4 later meet and discuss, but since 1 has to stay at their domain, 2 could follow him and 4 has other things to do. 3 left right after a follow-up event. 1&2 had gotten along very well for years, so that wasn't any problems.
    Basically, one time he was drugged with aphrodisiacs, which were meant for someone way more physically capable than him (he was literally so drugged he couldn't move)
    And as for the care he takes for himself... after some time, he tends to mostly be in the company of atleast one very powerful expert (one decent one first, a good one later, and an even better one later). And frankly, assassination isn't how they play the game. It's frowned upon. Not to mention the times they know where he is, he's in a public place, so assassinations might not even succeed and if caught would provoke more problems.

7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  8. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    City of Sin is about conquest of planes and wars. Just read the synopsis and you will know.
    Monarch of Evernight is by same author but is about factional war and differences between dark origin energy using races (vampire , werewolves etc) and light origin energy using races. There is qoute which goes like this in novel "evernight and daybreak are eternal enemies."

Reverend Insanity has most ruthless guy who can do anything to achieve his goals(leylin type) he even burned and melted twin children for power up but story is so good.

Usaw has good interactions and is good guy

Godsfall chronicles is right up your alley.

9. tmark0099

tmark0099 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How can be someone "evil" without harem? :blobconfused:

10. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    I put an example novel in my OP. I Alone Level Up, is wicked, and doesn’t have a harem.
    And I guess the kinda category of MC I’m asking for is loner type? But someone who’s selfish.

11. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read 3 of them. Loved 2 of them. And I didn’t quite like GIRL who ate a death god. The whole eating process freaked me out. The Death god was just doing his job. She didn’t have to eat him. Crazy bitch.
    And Youjo Senki is pretty crazy, the MC’s pretty interesting. But I stopped reading because it got way too in depth with the descriptions of everything. It’s been a couple years, but I vaguely remember the novel discussing and going on and on with pages of descriptions of something. And using overly complicated phrasing and wording to extend said descriptions. Not my cup of tea.
    Thanks for the reccomendstions!

12. Yolo Swag

Yolo Swag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoshiandme likes this.
  13. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    I like your options!
    Though I wouldn’t call them nasty! But they actually fit well into the criteria I asked for. Minus the bloodshed.

And by the way, for Everyone Else is a Returnee, I’ve read the reviews. And everyone saying it’s like a Japanese novel, and the MC iS the typical dense and slow Japanese MC, is that true?