Discussion I want to be you, just for a day

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by salaza189, May 5, 2020.

1. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ariess likes this.
  2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the novel discussion section, if you want to discuss manga, there is a manga discussion section

3. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I will do that :)

4. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    Please continue here :blobsmile:

Lonelycity likes this.
  5. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I brought this from another thread to discuss, so the mod won't mute anyone

First thing first, every main character of this manga is a desperate, selfish person. The prince, Heli, Psyche, Medea, they are all desperate and selfish, in their own way. That's what made this manga interesting.
    Medea is desperate and selfish at first too. She wanted power for revenge, and she put Psyche through hell and back for that. Even now, she's still lost and wants revenge.

Secondly, the prince is never Medea's (she would scream if she heard that) The only thing Psyche have is the crown princess title, and it was given to her, not stolen. The prince has ensured one way or another she had to agree. We can't even compare the scheming skill between the future king and someone who has been imprisoned for 19 years without knowing the world. If she could escape the prince easily, she would be real genius, not a normal girl.

RakaSarkar and Imsobored like this.
  6. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

As I said in the last thread. Peoples(like me) minds have rotted due to reading all these face slapping. and villaness reborn novels where the nice girl is actually a one dimensional two face bitch only exists to make the MC look better. They've conditioned us to belive that if there two women who share the spotlight one of them must be a bitch because *gasp* two women cant be friends, no they must compete against one another. It is the natural way

Medes was never engaged to the prince so she didn't steal shit. Fcuk the romance in this book. It has made the hate against the characters 10 times worse then it should be

Also the author should come out and clearly state that both Media and Psyche are protagonists. The Mc bias is starting to get ridiculous

Like for fucks sake there is nothing wrong with a strong women who priotizes logic over emotions and theres nothing wrong with a nice girl who is a romantic at heart. There is no real defnition of a strong person either

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  7. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if the author does that, I doubt people will think differently. People will hate what they hate, no matter what you say. We have a very nicely translated chapter 17, and some people could only focus on "Psyche has God's love, Medea bears the misfortune for her"
    I and my friends, for once, enjoy this manga greatly. My friend was fed up with all two face heroines, so this is a new breeze for her ^^
    Sometimes, I think it's funny that the prince, true villain, is over there, but people can only focus on Psyche. But it's the fact the author has created a memorable character and story.

Imsobored, Furiae19 and theilikepie like this.
  8. AllthingsAsian

AllthingsAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much human though. I went in the webtoon with a blank mind yet I can't stand Psyche. Simply as a person to person situation. I understand her but I don't like her.
    As they say over here, mi blood nuh tek she.

A good amount of ppl I read the webtoon with are just fedup of the prince. He will get his comeuppance periodt

[​IMG]

9. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't see the picture :blob_teary: It's broken somehow
    If you have read the newest chapter, can you spoil a little in the other thread? :aww: I would be grateful

10. AllthingsAsian

Reading List:
    Link
    From the webtoon?(n)
    I think I'm sending it [the image] maybe it's because it's a gif from giphy?

11. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean chapter 24 in webtoon, if you can :aww: I don't have Korean phone number, so I can't purchase the new chapters :blobpensive:

12. AllthingsAsian

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! Sure, I actually read it on the other sites^^

salaza189 likes this.
  13. AllthingsAsian

Reading List:
    Link
    Check your alerts! I started a conversation:)

salaza189 likes this.
  14. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said above, people are gonna hate what they hate, so it's up to you. It's just, people want Psyche die so much, or say she stole the title from Medea. She didn't steal it, for once. She was manipulated into accepting it. The prince had full control over her. It's not easy to get out.

As for her wish to die, even in chapter 17 she realized that she was weak and dying is just another way of escapade. She was wrong when she kept choosing escaping, from pretend not to realize everything, to wanting to die. It's her start. Her grow will start there, and we have a long way to go to see she raises again.

Pretending not to see is what Medea did in the past too. She kept hating Psyche, even in her heart somewhere she's aware that Psyche couldn't do all the bad things to her. By realizing they have to face to their real issue, the story starts.

15. chelle9678

chelle9678 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi, i’m new here.. find this site because searching for this webtoon spoiler if you don’t mind, can you tell me the site to read chapter 23/24 please?:cry::cry:

16. Ariess

Ariess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The hate towards Psyche is seriously ridiculous. Girl was locked up all her life in the basement and was terrified of having to return there it's perfectly reasonable why she didn't reject the position of crown princess. If I was locked up all my life I would also give anything to remain free after finally getting outside. She probably didn't have any contact to other people other than her mother and thus sucks at social skills therefore she might make mistakes, she still hast to learn yet some of you are acting like she is a despicable person.

17. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

People legit think she should have killed herself so medea could have it easier.

Rheamelody, Furiae19 and Ariess like this.
  18. Ariess

Ariess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the hell, Psyche didn't have a rosy life either and she literally wished she wouldn't have been born that's how bad she feels about the situation.

19. lucefer

lucefer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well actually if Medea didn't jump in that time, everything will be solve in one go. And I'm sure it'll be much more peaceful for Pysche, now she stuck with Medea's problems. I do know they both have it's hard, but P just try to live with what she has, when Medea wants is everything. Don't forget that Medea wanted to change with P from the beginning, now she isn't happy with P's life, she want to switch back, and everyone was like 'Pls let her turn back' and I was like 'what? she want it herself, let she take responsible for what she wish for, isn't she your strong and perfect FL?'.

And then P, who already had a fk up life, a fk up fake ass "lover" or 'her god', who pulled her out of her family basement just to kill her when he's done using her. She accepted Medea's hatred for her and willing to die to make up for her, then being ranged into a new mess. When she's depressed and Medea's gloating for stealing everything from her, she's still being a better person by saving her again. And remember that freaking happened in one night, and all Medea's thinking was 'I took your misfortune for you. Happy now?', well, she didn't want or ask u to do that for her, baby, and why the heck P blamed herself? And being blamed by everyone again? She has always misfortune, you're just realized that when you put into her shoes, you didn't do any favors for her (Thank god, the author actually let Medea has a right mind). Psyche'll just accept it mindlessly, bcuz she knew that she is weak and powerless. What I like her more than most of the characters is 'She know who she is' accept her weakness and actually try to improve it. She did complain that Medea's subject is hard but she has never said she'd quit it herself.

Just when she try to move on in Medea's body, then she's being blamed by Mr. Everyone's favor for being hot yet, again (well no wonder they ship him with Medea, bcuz they're basically the same, in thinking and reactions is what I'm talking about). But let me remind you, dude, she saved your crush twice, when u're just crying, killing yourself and can't sleep????? Yeah u doubted her, blamed her, but now she is carrying the same sht like you guys, bcuz u didn't warm a dam word about the Duke or what kind of family she's living with, and why the hell did she have to go through it like that when she's never wished to be in the situation in the first place. I had lost so much interesting in him recently.
    What make me kinda piss about the MxH shipping thing is that, they just suddenly jump up, slapping their opinions out on everyone and shamming P just bcuz someone want to ship HxP. You have your ship and they have their ship, why the hell u need to talking down on P just to make Medea looks better and deserves to be with Helio??? I didn't post this in spoiler thread bcuz it might make some arguments and it'll be hard for other people to follow the spoiler. But here, take some of my options, if Pysche ends up with Helio, I'm done with this manhwa, bcuz my girl deserves better.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    Ariess, salaza189 and theilikepie like this.
  20. Ariess

Ariess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah even though I think a Psyche/Helio romance would be quite interesting I'm currently not really for it. Helio needs to better himself first and quit making his world revolve around Medea. He should learn to have some selfworth and to live for himself first and I think that will be part of his character arc. People get so riled up over Psyche potentially "stealing" Helio from Medea when we haven't even gotten anything that suggest in the slightest that Medea is in love with him.