Discussion I want to be you, just for a day

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by salaza189, May 5, 2020.

1. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well the first thing..i kinda agree with the theory of craprince and medea being half sibs...i mean we all know the p wanted to kill medea ..but we still are unsure WHY???? ...I have this theory that he kinda knows or it is his intuition that says they are half sibs...and he also knows just how great meds (medea) is ...and that if this goes out she could gain a hella popularity and may become the king....and he does not like this
    ..now to all the peeps out there...we should not forget that this toon is fucking gold...why? coz( well atleast for me..where i'm tired for just love and love and love...becoz not every damn thing revolves around it)
    1. it does not revolves around the idea of love ..it has a deeper concept ..which is different for every character in it...medea wants to go down in history ..have her name etched in books for gens to come...( but that's a goal her parents carved into her mind)..her personality comes from the training she received as a child ...(please it plays a big role...in each chars life...their childhood was scared ..not perfect...and it plays a big f role in their personality growth) ...
    psyche wants to live a decent life ....the one she has always imagined when she read books in her childhood....she wants to have good friends ...a family to care for....i kind of think that her kind personality comes from the experience when no one was kind to her ..she wants to get stronger becoz she knows deeper down she has only herself to protect her ownelf...
    heli also has childhood problems when medea saved him ...i read a lot about people writing about psyche X heli..or medea X heli.....and no offense to anyone ..really..cat's honor on that....you can ship anyone you want..just don't diss the other for not doing the same.....but want i think..is i don't see romance in their at all...and i won't see it until i see obvious signs of author showing it in toon...i see heli and medea ..who consider each other very important...and by very important it can vary from people to people...like i might consider a friend of mine important enough to die for her.and...they might consider me just as important ..but not that enough to die..right??? so meds might consider heli as a person whom she could trust ...a friend..a best friends..a brother...a companion...and heli might consider her someone same ..but important to extreme ..becoz he may thinks that if it weren't for her..i might have died.so it may be better to die for her ..if i am ever gonna ..this type loyalty exist.but not just in love..it exist between family..friends...companions..and etc. ..
    2. the fact i like more is that both girls are likable...some are putting a who is better ...psyche vs. meds...and some are saying psyche is not that strong ..or medea is not that good...but the thing is not about who is better..both are awesome in their own sense...why?how? again... psyche is someone who does not judges...she is kind...she is helpful...and yes i know that she blames everything onto herself if anything goes wrong..but that's how she was nurtured...and by that i mean abused in the childhood.... she was locked in basement..if as a child i would have been locked up in an basement ..at some point i would have thought is it becoz i did somthing wrong ..it that why am i being punished...??? and this thought is engraved in her bones!!!!!...that's why..she might come across as a crybaby ..but apparently she is not...if we change our perspective of looking at her...yes at some point you could say ..she could have done something...but you know sometimes that thought that hits you that there's nothing you could do....you are powerless makes you loose all hope...i mean she was locked up...um..by her parents? how can you guarantee that they would not injure her to keep her quiet if she throws things..cries and shouts...she might be a god child as proclaimed..but the god( seriously no offense) seems shit...the moment he dissed meds for thinking psyche is all good...in the chapter where meds sees psyche childhood through the hole in the walls....so that's why psyche grew the way she is..cos she knows she doesn't have the power to run away ..or to let it all collapse..becoz then the p would kill her....or more likely that she would die...
    now medea from childhood received heir training...and i could bet she received drills that made her think like power i everything..that if you have it ... even i someone does not like you..they will ow down to you...she is strong .... smart ..cunning ..badass ...becoz she also wanted to survive in her own way..someone said that deep down both the girls are same..and i agree..as medea too wanted to run from her family...marrying into royal family seemed a goods idea...power? guaranteed if you are capable of making them bow down to you...which my meds is soooo good at..then the thing with her father...she would no longer be in shadows...and the fucking goal her mother engraved in her mind..to go down in history..if she gets into royal family..she could do wonders and be worshipped as a leader...she knew her greatness and potential well....she saved heli...maybe just like how her nanny saved her...and found a great companion... she cares fro the one whom she loves...becoz she knows how it fells to be unloved..uncared for.....just like psyche...now the thing is both have been a lot let down ..and have built walls ..but in their own way..so don't diss one other ..please...
    3. We see two girls who might look like they are enemies ..but instead help each other..i am not saying that novel don't portray girl's friendship all that good...but let's be honest ..who are we kidding..it is a lot undermined....here psyche might be portrayed as the naive white lots..but i think she sees and notices a lot then it meets the eye...and she has room for improvement ..like she could just stay the white lotus she is..but grow much stronger so that she is capable of protecting ..... medea is portrayed as cunning and smart but she also has soft sides which we have seen....her nanny..heli..and psyche may add up...i am sure she would learn a lot as it comes by...

and i think both girls are protagonist tag here..in their own life..just how everyone really is.....we are seeing things from all perspective to get a good hold of story..we should not proclaim any single one as mc..or something like that...this is my stance ..i love both the girls equally..no comparison over them...

salaza189, Trihere and Ariess like this.
  2. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup you definitely summed the whole thing up.
    Medea needs to learn to be kinder, Yes, she's badass and intelligent and capable of her own decisions, but she only cares for people in contact with her. And it's obvious she doesn't know how to handle herself in public (no, you don't have to care about being judged. Im talking politics here). If she wants to be queen, the body switch is a great idea because people might mistake that MEDEA has divine power and that would lead to the public favoring her.
    Psyche needs to realize that not everything is her fault. The "betrayal" was her basically doing exactly what she said she would do. "Accept the results" not "I'll hand the crown over to you". She obviously didn't realise how important the crown was to Medea and she didn't know that Nanny died. That was why she said "She doesn't see me the same way I see her" as in if SHE was the one who lost, she'd still consider her a friend.
    And when she did know that Nanny died, she kept blaming herself when it's not her fault. If going by that logic, Heli is equally responsible because he decided to do NOTHING. Psyche's better than him in THAT regard because she didn't even KNOW what was happening.
    Andwell, she also needs some space to learn to be stronger and Medea's body is perfect for that.
    Heli...well..let's just say he hasn't been the most interesting character till this point because he blindly follows Medea and he freaked me out when he tried to kill himself..I'll just hope that he learns to get a life of his own..

3. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure about her "not knowing how to handle herself in public". If you mean the way her public image was swept through the mud, may I remind you that happened from the crown prince's scheming?

I remember the commoners quite liked her and supported Medea as crown princess when they had the competition. The only reason they were convinced to accept Psyche was from the spy the crown prince planted to sway public opinion.
    Or if you mean that she had no real friends from the nobles, except Heli and Psyche? All of them are fake, they all just displayed a facade of harmony. Or do you mean to say Psyche has any real friend except Medea?

Also seen when traveling with her father or when she had to convince a high personage for the 1st or 2nd? competition test, she actually seemed GREAT AT DIPLOMATIC RELATIONSHIPS.

Well, I don't think Medea would've had any objection if Psyche won fair and square. But since it was Medea who won all rounds, it's exactly like in real life when you win THROUGH CONNECTIONS. That's why she shouldn't have accepted it, because she didn't deserve it and she knew it.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you there. Medea could learn a thing or two from Iaros or King of Hernel. They are bright examples of how to portray a positive image of yourself, even though the personality is questionable. FYI, King of Hernel beheaded his father and got the throne. Even so, he plays a friendly king and tries to establish the good relationship with other countries.

I partially blame Medea's father for her behaviors. So far, the way she handle everything is similar to him. The Duke always resorts to beating/killing people to manipulate Medea and get things done. Thus, Medea think killing could handle everything. If we take a step back and consider the whole image, killing Iaros right now will lead to a huge havoc within the country, as the beloved heir of the throne dies. She should do something to drag his image down first, and raise her image in public.That is politics. However, Medea only thinks she shouldn't kill him right now because he hasn't suffered enough. Maybe that's why she finds it difficult to handle Iaros. Medea has high IQ, but Iaros has much higher EQ.

And I have to agree about Helio. He should learn how to grow out of Medea and get a life for himself first. Sometimes I feel he is like a puppy, who is good at follow others' lead more.

5. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was good at handling them because, as you said, they played fair and square and she wasn't upset with them. Let's face it, Med's not nice to anyone she's upset with. In the first few chapters she cuts out a fat noble's tongue for speaking out against her. While this isn't really anything new to the already circulating rumors, it impacts her negatively.

When I say "Public" image I mean the way she behaves with people. After everyone turned on her, she didn't try to clear her name by deploying tactics like the crown prince would've done.If a fake rumor can be created, it can be dispelled too in my opinion. Especially by a person with high IQ like Medea. Like, if she got closer to Psyche and people saw that they have a good relationship, then there'd be a bit of decrease in the rumors and her being called a witch. But she chooses to go after revenge first. She's clearly the type to get blinded by rage. But that doesn't mean she's a bad person, of course. It just means her character is complex.

She knows she doesn't deserve it, but it's either that or the basement. And it's an easy choice b/w the two isn't it? Besides, she thought Medea would understand about "love" and the like, but the only thing Medea has her sights set on is power so she doesn't have time for those emotions. Psyche's human too, so it's obvious she'll put her needs first. Let's suppose Psyche did give up the title to Medea (which she is not obliged to because they never came to a prior arrangement), Medea would become crown princess and she would go down to the basement. There's a limit to how much Medea can do, y'know?
    I'm not justifying Psyche here but in most of the cheesy rom-coms the prince chooses his love and everyone cheers. And the only thing Psyche has ever heard growing up was the prince on the white horse so it's not surprise she thought Medea would be fine with it after initial anger, There was was no way of her knowing that nanny would die or that Med's dad is a shithead

6. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Medea could go for it if she wanted to, too but she chooses to let her rage blind her. ofc, that's a way of making her character flawed and it makes her even more human. And yes, I agree with you on the "Medea following her father" part. She's really influenced by her family considering the fact that even though she knows her mom is a crackhead by this point, it's still engraved in her that she needs to go down in history. So it's likely her way of dealing with problems--fits of rage and anger issues are from her father.

He's cute and loyal and everything but that doesn't make him a great love interest in my opinion. He needs to have at least ONE person he can trust other than Medea so that his life doesn't revolve around her. And till this point he's been IDIOLISING her which I don't think is very healthy in a relationship because there won't be equal respect. But, then again, healthy relationships are subjective of course, but the guy literally trying to off himself when he thought Medea died is just out of all boundaries.
    He needs his own ambitions and sense of morality other than one revolving around Medea.
    Heli is like the 50% of the fandom who opt for medea-centered morality (omg please don't kill me. I just thought it'd make a nice joke)

7. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think she doesn't know about the roumors about her yet. It was Psyche that experienced people throwing things at her and slandering Madea. Even if she knew I don't think she'd care much, it doesn't seem to impact her directly. Thorough I'm not sure yet, we'll see?

8. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But isn't that far-fetched though? You saw how Psyche in Med's body saw that puppet show. I don't think that's very hard to miss. Earlier even if the abuse/rumors were lesser in the degree it's impossible for her to NOT notice because it was still present. And also because she's Medea-the Medea who is very informed on things that are going around.

The prince was quite good at spreading rumors and it's very unlikely that MEDEA of all people wouldn't know about it :/

9. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And I just realized why exactly I'm very frustrated with Psyche right now. Is she going to ignore the knight's and the servant's death?
    It's fine if SHE thinks she deserves it, but what did those poor kiddos do? Will the author ever come to that? I hope they do.:blobexpressionless:
    RIP knight-kun, servant-kun, you guys will truly be remembered

theilikepie and salaza189 like this.
  10. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rumours could have only started after they switched bodies since she didn't do anything against Psyche before this. They only had the attempted assassination against her (and by the way I don't know what she was trying to do in that church with Psyche. Because she said she hated her but didn't want her to die and it didn't seem like she was going to kill her anyway. So I'm not sure what she was trying to do, maybe ruin the ceremony so Psyche wouldn't finish it successfully or threaten her). Aside from that they haven't really got anything else on her.

Since she was already inside Psyche's body after the body change, she wouldn't know what goes on outside, she's been sort of kept inside the Polly house and only had contact with Heli who wouldn't tell her this. Also, even Heli didn't know or he would've been angry. And Medea had even less chances of finding out than him.

So yeah, she has no way of knowing.
    Also, I believe, even if she knew, this would be the least of her worries right now.

11. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There were rumors around her before though. It's clear she's used to rumors/gossip because when she and Psyche met (not at the debut) Psyche was defending her in front of those men who were bad-mouthing her. But let's say the crown prince didn't spread that because it happened before the Crown princess selection but it still means her public image isn't very nice. That could be mindless gossip but there was also the fat noble who got his tongue cut. Isn't Medea too intelligent to let something like rumors slide? Isn't it because she doesn't pay attention to her public image?

And there was plenty of time after the Crown Princess selection so why wouldn't Medea-a person whose aiming to be Queen not, at the very least, know about her reputation among the general public?
    But there's also the chance she was in a rage and had shut herself out from the outside world. Here again, she doesn't care about her image and is blinded by rage.

Since she was aiming to be Queen she should've realised that a public image is important whatever she's gonna do next. But that's just who media is--flawed and human.
    Idk taking the knife to the place was a stupid move too, but we don'tknow what she was gonna do with it, maybe present some good ol' ceremonial blood before God if it came to that? Or maybe threaten Psyche but that's not clear (and she said she wouldn't murder her)

theilikepie, Ariess and salaza189 like this.
  12. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just thought public opinion would really help her y'know. Even if she was hoping to switch and work things building up a reputation would've rallied SOME support to her side. her schemes just fall flat if the public doesn't like her :/

13. Furiae19

Furiae19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU !!! For me this webtoon is a breath of fresh air, we get 2 beautiful FL with complex personalities and backstorys but all people want to do is pit them against each other -_-. And because of what ? Ships. Romance is not even important in this story !!! This story is about 2 girls trying to break free from their horrible fate and finally attain happiness, together !! How did the ship wars even begin, seriously... Psyche and Heli ending up together wouldn't even make sense anyway so i don't know what Medea/Heli shippers are even worried about ( and this is coming from a Medea/Heli shipper herself)

Trihere and salaza189 like this.
  14. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't call those really rumors, and they seemed to be only between nobility and not commoners. It was just around the fact that she was scary, from what I remember. Which I doubt think she minded and it doesn't affect her in any way, they wouldn't dare say things to her face back then. There are two routes to make people respect you, one is to make them fear you and the other to make them love you, which isn't her style obviously and it's pretty impossible anyway since those nobles only care about their own interest.
    And again, studying the crown princess selection the commoners quite liked her. It wad too late when Heli realised on the final day that they started to sway towards Psyche. But they still didn't dislike her, it was more to the point where they would've accepted either of them

15. Ariess

Ariess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So there is this image of all four main characters and I thought it was interesting that Helio was holding a sunflower and was curious if it might have any meaning.
    [​IMG]
    At first I though it may be a link to Psyche because she has golden hair and is bright but then I looked up the meaning behind sunflowers.
    "The sunflower’s name comes from its tendency to reposition itself to face the sun. It’s genus, Helianthus, is rooted in two Greek words — “helios” meaning sun and “anthos” meaning flower.
    The ancient Greek myth of Apollo and Clytie is one explanation of why sunflowers turn towards the sun. In this story Clytie, a nymph, adored Apollo. At first, he loved her back, but soon he fell in love with Leucothoe. Because of her jealousy, Clytie told Leucothoe’s father of the relationship and he punished her by burying her alive.

In anger, Apollo turned her into a flower, but even in flower form she still loved him and would spend her days watching him as he moved the sun across the sky in his chariot, just like sunflowers move to face the sun.
    Because of the myth of Clytie and Apollo, the sunflower most commonly means adoration and loyalty."
    So it seems like an obvious link to his name and him being loyal to Medea. Going through the chapters again there is one scene where we see sunflowers related to Psyche, it is when Medea realizes she is in her body so maybe it is also a link to Psyche.
    [​IMG]
    In the end it could mean nothing at all but it is fun to speculate.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  16. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats what Im trying to say. The commoner's were fine with her, and then they weren't. Her public mage deteriorated and she didn't care for it.Or more like she did know but she didn't know it had deteriorated to that point. But while there are two ways--fear and love, it would've been easier for her if she had gone for the love route. Even if it was AFTER the selection, she could've worked to dispel the rumors about her, but she didn't. I'm not saying it negatively, that's out of character for Medea, but the crown prince ain't a very good person either but he's acting nice. Just saying it's better to act "perfectly" in politics.

salaza189 likes this.
  17. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's very interesting tbh. It could be just that the author gave Helios the sunflower which represented loyalty towards Medea or it could also be a future plot point...or past plot point? I know it sounds dumb but maybe he DID try to get rid of someone in the past? But that's highly unlikely since Medea hasn't been upset with him till this point...
    And Nanny's death isn't really on him either even though he DID watch from the tree. Does Medea find out about that? Like ever? And get mad maybe?
    Or is he going to get jealous of Psyche/Crown prince?
    Or is it that he'd still stay loyal to Medea even if she turns him into a sunflower (as in the sense of putting him through something lmao)? There'll be differences so is it that he'd find his own path and still remain loyal?
    Or is HE the sun, since that's the literal translation for his name? Will Medea be the one who will think he's slipping away? Especially because she was visibly irked by the rumors b/w "medea" and him? Or is she just worried about her image rn (but that...doesn't sound like medea does it?)? Or it could've just that she was curious what happened to trigger the ruor but she looked more irritated than curious though
    Let's wait and watch ig

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  18. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another thing's that Medea has no way of finding out that he watched Nanny die other than him telling her himself. that's the only thing he's done that could potentially anger Medea till now, right? But his feelings towards Nanny was anything but jealousy so..possibility ruled out it. I WOULD like to see Medea react to him not stepping in though

19. Ariess

Ariess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Nanny was already dead by the time they stabbed her.

20. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, in chapter 27 Psyche snapped when she learned of all Medea's pasts. She's alright with Medea hating her. But until now she never learned what exactly happened to her knight (she only asked Medea, there was no answer) She also didn't know about the servant's death, or the fact that Medea poisoned her.
    The words in chapter 27 are unclear who Psyche was angry with. She just said "Helio...I'm angry. I do not understand lady Medea's actions" But my guess is that Psyche was angry with Medea for all the unjust things Medea did to her people out of hatred. Maybe we have to wait for chapter 28.