Spoiler I Want to Be You, Just For A Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 9, 2019.

1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Wha why the frick foes medea want to heal her mother? Let that hoe die

2. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    He didnt dislike her he was suspicious of her. But they bonded over medea during the dance

At the very least theyll become friends

Samsamsam11 likes this.
  3. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only other person he even liked was the nanny and partly because she's on Medea's side as well. Other than that he cares for no one and even the nanny, he let her die. So I don't think it's that easy for him to make friends with someone.
    He spent a lot of time with Psyche before she betrayed Madea and he didn't like her back then. Why would he suddenly like her after a few extra days? And just like back then, Psyche isn't 100% on Medea's side now either, so he wouldn't trust her now either.
    From how I see it, he doesn't care for her at all and he's just staying by her side to help Madea. We'll see what happens later, I guess.

4. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Psyche knows nothing of Medea's tragedy. In her mind, she's her mother too, and a victim of the prince.
    Btw, I cried a river for the man in your avatar. Wish he could return as a servant

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  5. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't like Psyche now. They still have the distance. He's only concious of the hickie she gave him, staring at it. I almost laughed when I saw it. I was like "Psyche, you only needed to pretend. Yet you gave him a hickie that lasted for week" I just thought this hilarious, not shipping them.

Seriously speaking, the way Heli adores only Medea is not healthy, in my opinion. Medea saved him, but his world shouldn't just turn around her. You should see how he was during the garden incident. He almost commited suicide when he thought Medea was dead, if Psyche didn't stop him (she let her hand being stabbed to save him) He disliked Medea returned to the Prince, but kept his thoughts and let her do as she pleased, only to have terrible nightmares later. He never speaks his mind, just follow Medea as a servant. Medea is not a healthy influence, so I wish Psyche can lead him to a better direction, not as a lover, but as a friend. At least, with her, he could freely speak his thoughts.

Medea doesn't really think for Psyche in this entire thing. She was happy when she could tell Psyche about Prince's true nature, since she could turn Psyche into her ally. She laughed really hard when she thought about Psyche's painful face when she recognized her lover's schemes. I think in the end, she still loves the power more than Psyche.

arlovebird, bochucha, Ariess and 11 others like this.
  6. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Psyche did choose the Crown Prince over Medea

7. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Not by choice bro

It was either that or go back into the basement she stayed for her whole life

And it seems she had every intention of breaking it off with the prince when she went to visit him. (Remember she had no idea he was the crown prince till then)But he pulled his schemes again

No one is one percent "good" in this manwha. Everyone has there reasons. Psyche wanted freedom, medea wants power to prove she's better then her father and helios wants love from Medea but he puts her needs way above his which can be harmful. But readers completely miss this point and want to pin the blame on one specific person when then author herself is showing that it's not that back and white. I want Psyche to get stronger and smarter Medea to make friendships with other people and maybe grow compassion that her nanny wanted for her and for helios, well if hes gonna end up with Medea make it a bit healthier and less codependent and self destructive

8. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Partly, but I still think it was mostly cause she was in love wth him.

All of this could've been solved if she told Medea the truth from the beginning. When she realised who the Crown Prince was she could've told her of their relationship. Medea would've tried to help with the basement thing as well if she found out.

Psyche is definitely a better person than Medea. But the one who was wrong first in their relationship was Psyche, so I'm siding with Medea.
    I know she had her her reasons, but it's too late to explain now. She let that happen and then only tried to mend their relationship after accepting the crown princess position which was originally Medea's. And even after all the tests it was still supposed to belong to Medea.

I like Medea better because of 3 reasons: she had a worse past, she's really smart and strong, she's been working hard. It's just my personal preference tho. Plus she's just badass.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    EvaChan, prenkuchan, minjikim and 7 others like this.
  9. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think she's in love with him. She's confusing gratefulness for love.

And its not easy for an abused, isolated person to speak out. You cant really apply common sense to her cause her upbringing was way more different then normal people. Franky I surprised she's mentally sound. Being raised in isolation causes you not develop the social skills needed to live a normal live (see genie aka Susan Wiley)

I guess you can attribute that to her healing powers..

And theres no sides, both psyche and medea got over it and are focusing on bringing the prince down. Theres no Medea Vs Psyche going on here. It seems people are missing that though

10. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand why she did it, but don't agree with it.
    You'd just be on the losing end being her friend since she might betray you anytime, as Heli mentioned.
    If it were you, would you be able to forgive her if your mom died because of her? It was indirectly, but she still had a big part in her nanny's death. I would understand her, but I wouldn't be able to go back to being her friend. She has her own circumstances, but it's not my fault. Even if it was a big or small wrong on her part, it was something very important for Medea and it led to irrevocable consequences, so it's something you can't go back from.

Maybe Medea is gonna forgive her, since now Psyche saved her life and they're gonna have to work together against a common enemy and they might slowly make things up to each other. But it'd be a big step to become friends again imo.

11. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    This means you forgot that Medea poisoned Psyche and murdered her knight, who had nothing against Medea.

We know almost nothing of Psyche's past, saved for her isolation, so it's really hard to scale between their misfortunes. One thing I realize that while Medea wish is power, Psyche does everything so she "could live" Living is a very prominent point of her POV, so I think her past isn't as simple as we think it is.

The same could be applied for Psyche. She knows nothing of Medea's past, even now. In latest chapter, Heli just revealed a little to her. That's why she tried to heal Medea's mother. We all think she should leave the evil woman die, but the scene reminds us that Psyche knows nothing. Maybe she thought the Crown princess title isn't that important to Medea, since she has everthing. But to Psyche it means she could live. It's no question which Psyche would choose at the moment. Yet, she regretted her choice to the point she wanted to die on the Praying day. The God didn't answer Medea's wish. He answered Psyche's wish.

You can't say Psyche didn't work hard. In chapter 21, she tried to practice sword, so she could be stronger and "live". Before she switched bodies with Medea, she had no chance to study at all. You saw how the prince and the household treated her.

I still think she's a better influence over Heli than Medea. She's stronger in will power, and could lead him around. Yet, she's kinder. Medea only taught him to win everything with power and taking.

12. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Medea tried to kill Psyche after she was betrayed by her, don't know what you meant by saying I forgot this.

Almost nothing? I think we were shown her full backstory. She was closed in that underground room for most of her childhood. Medea found out as well. It's Psyche that doesn't know anything about Medea's childhood and family.

I disagree. Medea's goal isn't power, but wants the power to protect what's hers and take revenge on her parents who never cared for her, used her and ultimately killed her closest person.

Did the God really do it because Psyche wished for death? Or did he do it to save Psyche? Because she would have died otherwise. And by changing them, Medea could die in her place. I remember that's what Medea realised as well. Besides, if she wanted to die, he still didn't fulfil her wish.

Medea had been working hard all her life. The reason Psyche didn't is because she didn't need to. I'm not holding this against her, but just saying it's my preference and one of the reasons I like Medea more: seeing hard work pay off is satisfying.
    Medea literally helped the country through her suggestions her father stole from her, she's been shown through the 3 tests how capable she is. There is no one better suited than her to be crown princess. Hopefully she can take over the country since that Crown Prince is pure evil, I don't see becoming emperor at the end of the story.
    Psyche is more suited to a normal life, but maybe through her holy powers she could become a saint/priestess.

I also don't agree that Psyche has strong willpower, on the contrary she's quite indecisive.
    And don't want to see Heli redeem himself or anything like that. Both Medea and Heli are pretty twisted, Heli even more so than Medea. If you want them to change into good people, that just won't happen. And it just wouldn't be the same characters anymore.

13. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree with this. Characters should change and develop from the person they were at the beginning of a story. Otherwise its just static boring writing. Unless this is gonna end in a tragedy(which I'm hoping its not), then that would make sense. Refusing to change can lead too downfall.

14. Wonder Star

Wonder Star Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know if there is a novel it's based on. It's just so interesting.

15. salaza189

Reading List:
    Link
    Psyche never killed Medea's nanny. It's Medea's parents.
    Psyche never hurt Medea's mother. It's the crown prince.
    But Psyche was assassinated, her knight was killed and it's justified? The only wrong thing she did is not refusing the crown princess position, and yet she was held responsibility to all Medea's misfortune?

We were never shown Psyche's full backstory. We don't know why she was released, or why the prince can claim he's the one who freed her. We don't know how she learned how to use her power. We don't know why she was so obsessed with the idea "I could live". She always worries for her life, not only her freedom. There should be a reason for that. It's not natural how she's so scared for her life.

Psyche didn't work hard because she's not allowed to. You see how the prince treated her. He needed her to be pretty but not smart. In her position, can she refuse? Now she's trying to study all she could, to be stronger. Psyche isn't indecisive at all. She's not weak, either. No weak person could stand being stabbed straight in the hand without a word, but she did that to save Heli's life. She's also the one who calmed him when they discovered Medea's body. When he didn't want to go through with the plan to hide their involvement with Medea's assassination, she's the one who pushed him, and staged a very convincing performance to the knights.

I won't call Heli changing is "redeem" It's just he growing more than his initial personality. That's how novels and stories exist, to tell us how a person grows and changes. He doesn't need to become a good person, but he should grow out of Medea and sees that there're a lot more in the world. Well, the thick book of "The Phantom of Opera" is all about a twisted person realized there was another human who could sympathize with him, and he could let go of his obsession.

I think you could see more aspects of Psyche when the new translations come out.

Edit: new chapter out. Even Medea accepted that Psyche did nothing wrong at all

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  16. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    unlike other white lotus, psyche is genuinely kind even though she pretty much a prisoner her entire life, even though she envied medea for being strong and beautiful, she never resent her and didnt yearn something that isnt hers. she never tried to work hard because she brainwashed by her mother(?) to patiently wait for her knight in shining armor and to not doubt god love, every day in her old room from childhood. if she ask why its to protect her because of her holy blood abilities and pretty much tell her to shut up.

and suddenly she got a new room and freedom because of iaros, and from that very moment her knight finally arrived but unfortunately he was no knight. she got freedom and love, but it was all fake. she can go back to her old prison anytime (like what iaros did to medea in psyche body). all her vassal just put a good front and didnt actually care for her.

and her life outside home is not pretty either. the nobles called her 'pawn' to medea 'queen'. the ladies looks down on her, the gentlemen just like her pretty face. her only genuine friend is medea, her very first and true friend. but this is a very good situation for iaros, thats why he eerily smile when he sees them being a good friend. a perfect way to get rid of medea and stole psyche abilities, like buy one get two kind of deal.

she realized that she pretty much destroyed medea life for being existing, she hurt everyone dear to her for being alive. thats why she wish to god to die. but god gave her a better chance.
    all in all psyche is just caught on iaros scheme and never wanted to harmed anybody. lets just enjoy those three, medea psyche and helio journey to revenge...

17. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No i think that it's just a webtoon as i said earlier it was formerly a challenge naver webtoon who have been serialized.

18. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't hold Psyche responsible for all of Medea's misfortune. I'm just saying Psyche let her down first. And it was all the prince's plan, but if Psyche hadn't accepted it or told Medea everything from the beginning, Medea would've become crown princess and her nanny wouldn't have died.

The thing is also, since Psyche wronged her first and that had terrible consequences, by that time they weren't friends anymore. All that, plus being the crown princess, she became Medea's enemy.
    Medea's killed countless people before I don't think an extra knight is the problem here tbh. Not saying that's justified, but I think she's a likeable anti-hero protagonist.
    Even as the "villain" she got painted into, she has redeeming qualities and isn't completely evil. She wouldn't hurt for anything the ppl she cares abt, but at the moment one of them is dead and the other one betrayed her so the only one left is Helio, which is forever loyal, bless him.
    Obviously, the real villains here are her parents and the crown prince who are completely selfish and would stop at nothing for their self centered goals.

She was debating what to do after seeing the prince, being elusive to Medea, ultimately just didn't do anything. So yeah, she's indecisive.

You just said we don't know what Psyche went through in her childhood, and then that she didn't work hard because she's not allowed to. You just brought your own contradiction, so I'm not gonna bother. We do know the gist of it tho.

I don't remember her being obsessed with the idea of "I could live". What chapter or what part was that? Edit: nope, the only time she mentioned something like this was what she said after her confrontation with the pink haired noble lady: "If it's this easy, then I can survive. I can live as lady Medea!". Basically she was afraid she'd make a mistake and be killed since Medea has many enemies. But after that she started crying and said she wants to go back to her own body and that she hates this, so she very much prefers her own life. The main reason seems to be her love for the crown prince: "the person I wanted to protect *the prince's happy face pops out* doesn't exist anymore".

Helio's met countless other ppl, good or bad and he's the leader of his own family so he's grown quite a lot. So I think Helio knows what's out there in the world, he just doesn't care abt those things.

Psyche was manipulated by the crown prince, but hopefully she can make better decisions in the future. I personally wouldn't have done nothing from beginning to end during the crown princess selection, like her. I probably would have told Medea part of the truth, after all Medea was her true friend back then.
    I don't know if I want them to become friends again, but it seems Medea doesn't blame her anymore after finding out the crown prince was behind it. But because Psyche didn't explain things from the start, what made Medea hate her so much was that she thought Psyche was from the beginning pretending not to know the prince, as she said to her maids: "making a fool of her". Also when Psyche brought her that present that represented ridicule, which the prince agreed with back then. Anyway, I don't know if Medea's fully forgiven Psyche as a friend.

I agree she's truly a good person, but she also handled that situation wrong.

It's kinda funny if you think of it, 'cause they both envied each other, but didn't know what lied behind the facade they saw.
    Psyche seemed easily loved by everyone and the crown princess position just got handed to her on a silver plate. While in fact no one seemed to care for her for real and the fiancee position was only hers to kill her.
    Although Medea had intelligence, physical and political/social power she worked hard for all of them, but is still ultimately powerless in front of her family. She's had to learn to live and survive by herself and her worth is hanging by a thread.

Now in Psyche's body, Medea has only her own wits and fighting technique to help her, but at least the prince thinks she's completely defenceless, so thankfully he should be still underestimating her.
    While Psyche has Medea's strong body but no knowledge on how to use it and her own holy powers, which is also a secret card.

EvaChan and worldtraveller like this.
  19. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Medea didn't know the CP was evil till after the body switch. I honestly think she would have been assassinated by him since she wouldn't suspect him. We've already seen she could be got off guard by him. SO CP would assassinate Medea marry psyche then kill her off too and his plan would succeed without no one able to stop him.

So in a cruel way Psyche becoming the crown princess which led to the scene in the temple and body snatch was the best thing that could have happened to both of them. At least now they know what there dealing against

20. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if Psyche told her the truth, she could've realised the scheming of the crown prince and maybe would've had a chance at beating him.
    The thing is Medea isn't that easy to assassinate. It was said she was literally the strongest person in the whole empire and no one ever beat her. So probably the crown prince's best shot was to kill Psyche and put the blame on Medea (given that they had a bad relationship and it'd be believable). Quote from ch.3: "Lady Medea has many enemies in this world. And she's stronger than all of them combined."

In chapter 3, he said he wanted to sentence to death the woman who tried to assassinate Psyche and Medea in Psyche's body had to tell him not to(to keep in character). But he could've if he really wanted, but probably kept her alive to be able to put the blame on her for Psyche's death so he'd shoot 2 birds with the same stone and end up with the holy power.

MiserableSOUL likes this.