Spoiler I Want to Be You, Just For A Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Aygn

Aygn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No because there alot of people who ask this question they started to give sarcastic answers

2. moonlightsstar

moonlightsstar Member

Reading List:
    Link

3. sangwoobasement

sangwoobasement Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dekis actually appeared in episode 1 itself so he wasn't just randomly added. there were also a couple of flashbacks of him leaving the household some chapters after.

Ariess and Lilyworld like this.
  4. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right, after returning home Medea was talking to her brother

5. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
  6. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably. Wouldn't be surprised though the Duke has a reputation of hitting his children, even Medea has a few scars from the past. If I had parents like her, I would have turned them (in prison) in ages ago.

7. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    That might've been difficult to them, the world they live in are ruled by aristocrats. To commoners it might've been worth to be called abuse, but to aristocrats however it was nothing but disciplinary punishment.

8. Starynight

Starynight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I rather say, it would be the same scenario nowadays as well in wealthy families. Wealth and power would always influence justice regardless of era. The abused children would not have the mentality to turn towards law and court u see in most of the cases.

9. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget on how other will see it, I don't know about any of you, but most victim of abuse or harassment always hides their pain and suffering due to not wanting shame.
    I mean sometimes victim of rape have often being mocked in court, and same to say for abortion. Most of them are women.

10. Starynight

Reading List:
    Link
    You are indeed correct however your examples are of middle class women. Since the og comment is talking about a dukedom, an extremely wealthy family, ur examples won't apply here. They( victims) will most likely be dead if they try to approach the court.
    I wanted to add these as well;
    Most of the time, they will hide their pain and suffering which often results in a oppressed and softer personality like dekis who would only wish to run away whereas some of them will have a vengeful personality like medea who would wish to see everything that person holds dear crumble and watch them suffer.( which court and law will not be able to do)
    Medea only turned towards court to "legally" inherit the dukedom and to get into the "good light" of the royalty, commoners and the remaining aristocrats.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  11. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    There's this phrase 'Don't be afraid to leave, but be afraid to stay' think that this won't happen to Medea like the aunty said, 'our lady was not someone who run away.' now that I recalled this, I really wanted to cry T-T...

12. help_eros

help_eros Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS DON'T LOOK AT THIS POST)
    Most of these spoilers have been mentioned but I'm just putting down the whole story.

-Dekis tries to get to the trial in one day on horse. Also, for the spoiler that he was married, he only told some lady to look after "the children", I'm not sure if he meant his children or adopted children.
    -Medea brought more evidence on the trial following with a witness who was a survivor.
    -There was also a mother(in the audience)whose daughter was one of the missing students of their "Human Trafficking Academy"
    -The trial has been paused for a bit.
    -Medea thinks about how the mother sort of looked like Nanny (I miss Nanny too Medea)
    -And Psyche comes to see Medea.
    -Psyche compliments Medea on all the amazing evidence.
    -Medea tells her that the witness was a fake and that she couldn't find a real survivor so she made one up.
    -Psyche is furious and tells her that if she gets caught, she'll get in huge trouble (tbh I'm a bit mad too).
    -Medea tells her she won't get caught but Psyche is still very mad.
    -Medea and Psyche have a fight as Medea was very harsh with her words.
    -Next a scene is shown with Thesion, Horen, and the other guilty nobles.
    -They are all blaming Thesion that his daughter was the cause of this trial.
    -Horen is furious and says that "I won't die alone" (not in a "I know for sure that I won't die alone" tone but in more of a "I will make sure I don't die alone" tone)
    -The good news is that the execution will happen on the same day of the trial and all the guilty nobles will be beheaded.
    -Medea thinks to herself wondering if her father would have any last words like " I'm sorry or goodbye or that I raised my children wrong and etc."
    -And she thinks of the time where she walks in on the scene of her father beating her brother.
    -Then the episode ends....

13. Starynight

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did medea say harsh words to Psyche?
    Personally, l am not against her using a fake witness since the guilty are those sh**ty aristocrats and not someone who is innocent. It is a bigger crime to let the guilty escape.
    I would probably do the same.

Ang3Blue and miso_soup like this.
  14. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really like it. That reasoning depend entirely on the fact that they are guilty.
    But if you do that and make an error.... this method is questionable. In general, I mean, I don't talk about this case in particular.

15. Starynight

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgive me for not specifying, that l would probably do the same thing if I didn't have any other choices. It is indeed as you say, this method is questionable but it is still better than nothing. Though, yes, l wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Ang3Blue and miso_soup like this.
  16. Khloud2003

Khloud2003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. mallekei

mallekei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh no baby/kid medeia is so cute... I'm living for this flashback.

CollegeSuck and Khloud2003 like this.
  18. CollegeSuck

CollegeSuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is this cutenesses :aww::aww:. The siblings are so cute together and Medea smiling brightly like that is just ughhhh:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

Khloud2003 likes this.
  19. Starynight

Reading List:
    Link
    I was waiting for more trial scenes but this was a pleasant surprise.

miso_soup likes this.
  20. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I think I can understand why Dekis made all of those choices, from running and helping Medea now.
    To him, who lives and have always been trained to be the Heir, Medea was the only person who he could shares affection sincerely, I mean if we're to look at both duchess and the duke, all they wanted was power. Dekis was a child, Medea was the same, therefore he tried to ensure that his sister wouldn't be placed at his shoes, forced to endure all sorts of madness to sate their parents and the Beliard needs for power by all means necessary.
    But in the end, he couldn't stand it, and that he fails. The nanny dies, just as the duchess fell ill and the duchy was seen by others as traitors who poisoned the emperor for Medea's crown princess 'failure'. So he decides to run away (my theory) because he couldn't bear to watch his dearest sister, the one and only person whom he could share affection sincerely, to become as foul as the rest of the Beliard have always been.
    Also:
    [​IMG]
    That Medea gaze always gave me joyous shiver.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anyone can translate this?