Discussion I want to know what you think.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mantrazz, Jul 23, 2018.

?

Are guys controlled by the p*nis?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    78.0%
  1. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course not. Because if so, then most men would go to jail for jumping/dry humping on females in public places.

2. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why I test the new guys before doing sciency stuff with their brains :facepalm:
    How can you even take something like that serious to that degree? Obviously humans are influenced by stuff like that, but like you know, there are millions of influences on our thinking at all times, sexual desire is just one of them, it doesnt have the upper hand at all.

Besides males arent the only ones with sexual desire, just as a sidenote :blobneutral:

3. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging by these responses, it seems denial is doing its job splendidly. Just because you don't spend all day hitting on chicks doesn't mean you aren't controlled by your penis. All the posturing, showing off, and pointless competition over stuff that doesn't matter is your penis trying to make you seem more attractive.

Oh, and even those (like me) who have given up on getting sex, don't think that means your free. Studies have shown that men cut off from hope of sex become depressed and lethargic. In other words, the reason we're lazing around reading web novels instead of doing something is that our penises have decided we have no hope of passing on our genes, so everything we do is pointless.

4. voiceburner

voiceburner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel that this is a hateful statement to say that we have no capacity Beyond sexual impulses seems dehumanizing but as a counter piece for this statement there are men who seek nothing but a sexual encounter with another individual. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they're only conscious impulse is to mate. I feel that the author has some spite that needs to be dealt with but then again Spike makes her some of the best writing in novels I've seen so far so I'm hard-pressed to say that they should remove all of their spite

5. JadeWhiteSkin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... no.
    The possible answers are simply too few, its just 1 vs. 0, no inbetween. As the answers tends more the the "no" its normal to choose that one if its either or.

1. Only retards do that all the time.
    2. Well yh its not your penis but your survival instinct kicking in.

Please show me those studies.... well IF you can find the full thing, studies like that are mostly either made to gain money or completely misused by extracting parts of it to show someones point.

1. Not your penis but your survival instinct. But well ok this time you mentioned it at least. Still dont like that people say penis all the time instead of survival instince, kinda sexist imo. Women want to survive too and studies have shown that women are way more influenced by sexual desire then men are.
    2. Now this is kinda hard.... and im bad at explaining so I wont (maybe Im lazy too). But the connection between depression and 'no chance for sex' is a bit (completely) different than what youve said.

Well its just a CHARACTER in a NOVEL said, it might not even be the opinion of the author. Not every character will think the same as the author, that would be idiotic. Imagine a novel where there is just one character, but 100 times. Thatd be dull right??

Ok this wasnt meant to be offensive if it was to anyone (it shouldnt really, you suck if you think its offensive though). Just wanted to tell this to everyone, especially the last point.

Thank you for listening. :blobsalt:

Edit: I voted 'Yes' btw....

6. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried Stephan Morse's stories?

7. voiceburner

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not offended by your statement I'm offended by the previous individuals statement his sighting of a singular study with no backing resources and to be quite honest the statement reminds me of that estrogen makes women hysterical notion from the 50s. But I will admit this it was incorrect for me to assume that the author's personal feelings is that men only act with their penises through the context of the character they have created. Moving on
    I believe you have much deeper issues then what this subject was trying to Explorer you should go see a psychiatrist about that.

8. JadeWhiteSkin

Reading List:
    Link
    savage.

9. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll check

10. Mantrazz

Reading List:
    Link
    That said bleak outlook on your life I mean no disrespect but you can always beg for it, if you are that gloomy

11. Mantrazz

Reading List:
    Link
    Rulers of India?

12. absolutepotato

absolutepotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could not help but think of a society run on a patriarch. When there is a patriarchy, regardless of skill or knowledge, a man is almost always considered superior. Because of this, a man may never get off his ass and do anything with his life since everything will be given to him anyway.

However, I do not think every man would be this way (entitled etc) under a patriarchy. BUT, the fact that they are men, greatly influences how they carry themselves. I know there are guys out there who go on and on about “how to be a man”

There is penile influence... but not in the way I think you meant. Guys do not always think with their penis, but having a penis definitely influences their life

13. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Denying the influence of my hormones on me would be a lie. And I need not lie.

Yes, I am taken by beautiful women. But that's about it.

I don't talk to women, or even beautiful women for the gratification of my hormones, believe me, it's not talk that they would like.

Look, let me say it out here. I love women, I really do. I am also annoyed by them and I also hate them. Naturally, the only ones I would like to screw would also be women. I only swing straight way after all.

But I have never once in my life approached a woman with a thought like that. Or even have a thought like that for any woman I see or talk to. If I feel that I am that entranced with a woman, I don't look at her the second time. And in all my life, I have only seen one woman to turn my eyes away from her due to this reason.

Mantrazz likes this.
  14. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    You keep saying survival instinct not penis, you do realize we aren't speaking literally here? There is no brain in the penis, when we say controlled by your penis of course we mean sex-drive, which you could argue is part of our survival instinct I suppose. Also, by "controlled" I'm not saying everything we do is dictated by sex drive, simply that it has a pervasive influence on us that we can't escape.

As for people misusing studies on the effects of cutting men off from sex, I'm assuming you're talking about those Incel scum. I acknowledge sex as a basic biological need, but I don't feel I'm entitled to sex just because I'm horny in the same way I don't feel entitled to be fed just because I'm hungry. I did try to find those studies, but search was clogged by articles about sex in relationships and articles about the difference between men and women's sex drives. The latter was why I didn't mention women's need for sex. The original question was about men, so I didn't want to drag in another controversial issue.

As for voiceburner, the fact you keep reacting to statements about men in general as personal attacks on you means you have much bigger issues then me.

16. Mantrazz

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it does, it automatically makes men possible rapist, it means they loose custody of children, the house the dog and everything he won't, it means a woman is always right (there is no reason to hit a woman), I honestly don't believe gender equality can happen because whether they believe it or not men are better than women at certain activities while I can proudly stand and say women are also better than men in others,

I don't mean that they are hopeless in what ever activity it is (except the obvious ones) but they have a head start, a better starting position, a front row seat but they can still be overtaken, women can be stronger than men, men too can be more flexible than women.

But within bounds of our culture and technology a woman cannot inseminate a woman naturally a man can also not crry a baby to term and imI talking about genes here not sexual identity.

The earlier we as people can come to term with the fact that we are different we can't all be body builders or contortionists and make peace with our own identity then we can work towards a proper resiresolu of this manufactured dilemma of sexual inequality

17. Mantrazz

Reading List:
    Link
    Being trigger happy and touchy is not conducive for a proper discussion, but I can't tell anyone what to do can I?

18. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't castrate yourself? Research in 2007 show that majority of castrated men have more control in their sexual urges

Another plus it minimalize the chance for prostate cancer :p

19. JadeWhiteSkin

Reading List:
    Link
    No I didnt, just how could I miss that:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Judging by thinking capability, some peoples brains would probably fit into their Ds.

There is nothing to argue about that anymore since like 170 years or something.

But before you said:

This doesnt sound like what you say now :blobthinkingsmirk:

Considering you ignoring a good part of the comments which were saying "influened yes, controlled no", you put it alot like people were outright saying "NO". (not this sentence but overall)

Actually I dont know anything about who that would be, sorry. I spent about 90% of my life inside a lab looking at brains, not much interaction with whats going on in the outside world. :blobpeek:

Ok im just too tired to think about this since Ive been working too much and I feel like my brain is melting but I dont understand how entitlement was ever part of the topic.

1. Duh
    2. Not wanting to talk about females sex drives within this topic is like not wanting to talk about how light works when talking about why the sky is blue. IKR It would be a shame if those 2 topics were actually the same thing and people actually started to talk about whole thing instead of just a single part which would leave them uncleat till the very end. :facepalm: Its not ANOTHER controversial isssue. Its not even controversial per se :facepalm::facepalm:

Saying it again: noone feel offended by me, my way of talking easily offends people, but if anyone still gets offended: you suck.

Thank you for listening.

P.S.: This is pretty fun stuff.

20. voiceburner

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't react to all statements just yours to be very clear.