Spoiler I was just trying to prevent the breakup of the main characters / 주인공들의 파혼을 막으려 했을 뿐인데

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Macarol, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Summary:
    In a romance novel full of shoveling and misunderstanding, she possessed Namjoo's younger sister. Fallen in the novel, I took off my feet for the frustrating main couple, but on the day of their engagement , the main characters declared their breakup! And at the center of it was the heroine's older brother, 'Aiberg Raphael'. The monster duke, aiberg was quite a 'siscon'... … . In order to get rid of 'Siscon', wouldn't it be reasonable to just do it? “What is the Duke’s ideal type?” “A woman with red hair and eyes resembling blazing fire, and who will not be discouraged by whoever stands before me. Ah, when I say this... … You look like my ideal type.” I was just trying to prevent the breakup of the main characters, but did I cheat on the female protagonist's brother without knowing it?

Raws: https://page.kakao.com/home/주인공들의-파혼을-막으려-했을-뿐인데/57387501
    Promo: https://bato.to/series/94876/i-was-just-trying-to-prevent-the-breakup-of-the-main-characters-promo

hongmeowpanda and lazynoodles like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
  4. millieeee

millieeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. geckin

geckin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking around the reviews are all over the place, some love it, others hate it. Main complaints seems to be it very typical for it's genre while the compliments are the exact same as the complaints.

Anyone actually read any of this willing to give their own thoughts?

Le_Tired and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  7. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    promo translations was downright bad. Well... first things first, why is the cover a light haired gentleman instead of the duke?

8. Black7

Black7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I'm thinking is they change the hair color of ml from white to black or what ??..Maybe I'm wrong but what I understand from promo that Diana doesn't want to endure the couple long yrs of misunderstanding before finally getting together so she played the matchmaker for a yr. When she thought it was finally over, Serena (og fl)suddenly want to cancel the current wedding after receiving the words from her brother, the Duke who oppossed the two together. He headed out of the Northern territory after hearing the news of her marriage only to discover he has 'Magic Poisoning' disease and so reluctantly back down. But he who unable to protect his sister by her side, decided to instead send her back to the north. Serena doesn't want to live in happiness whereas her brother was suffering so decided against marrying-- Diana wants to convince them otherwise, but seeing the Duke collapsed, she decided to try saving him and let him has his own happiness so he wouldn't involve in others' affair, but while doing so, she nearly killed him with her fire or so she thought--- He was fine, but she got herself struck as his heater instead.

Actually translation is bad though and I'm not 100% sure abt this explanation :blob_patpat:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  9. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, had to try and read it several times for it to make any sense. The color writing was not making it any easier.

From what I picked together FL brother and novel antagonist only discovered his disease when he came down to object. MC knows the real cure of FL's brother disease as well as has the proper fire element attribute to be able to treat him. He has a freezing disease that was undetectable until he left the environment of his teritory. MC seems to have been just as confused as us as to the Duke's black hair. She seems to wonder if the author got it wrong. I'm betting his hair will turn silver/whit as he's properly saved.

I do like the premise of all the stuff that got cut out before the intro. Fan of the original story cuts out all of the misunderstanding bull s**t and shortens a frustrating story to a sweet quick deep romance by playing the ultimate wing man for her brother. I sorta wish the author had written that story and let this be a sequel.

10. Aestheronyxx

Aestheronyxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Brother in-law ML? Okay, imma take a sip. Lets see if this is gonna be good:blobcozy:

11. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Random follow-up discussion/realization
    Now that you mention it, how many manhwa's or even series in general do we have where the in-laws get together? Right now, at the tip of my head, one smut work has the in-laws be a side couple. But right now, more curious on in-law romance in manhwa. Definitely interesting

@Malacat I understood most of the promo but unless I got it wrong, didn't MC mention his (MLs) type of women in the promo? Her specific physical traits? Then, we got her immense fire power panel? Do we even have a novel for this series? No one has yet to post a novel cover

arlovebird and Aestheronyxx like this.
  12. Aestheronyxx

Aestheronyxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, and its kinda unusual, MC and her in-law get together as a couple is meh:sweating_profusely: just imagine step sibling trope, i still don't consider that as a normal. Like, ur sibling in paper and to other people's view

13. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    NON related discussion on first half
    I actually don't mind the stepsibling lovers route. If its been established on the get-go. Immediate half of my hesitancy is gone and I just have to accept it. The other reasons? Ofc I can only pray ML won't be abusive prick at least. He can be coldhearted. The other factor is naturally, how LONG HAVE they been siblings? Do both of them consider and view each other as siblings
    Case in point
    LanxYus
    DeonxCassia

Gray areas
    OpheliaxAlex (I mean, she was never properly adopted. Servants minus Henrietta already acknowledge her + common knowledge they sleep with each other on a daily basis)
    HarixEugene (I actually really like them regardless of the canon route)

Spoiler request
    For semi relevancy of the og thread,
    again
    1. Do we have novel material here?
    2. Big bad?
    3. Cause of the curse? Since getting a cold related curse AND living in the barren North is oddly fresh but should also be a common trope by magical worldbuilding standards (my opinion)
    4. Leads moments?
    5. Do we get matchmaker flashbacks? Because of cause of conflict for OGleads will be stupid, this might annoy me. I honestly have an issue a bit (thanks to the effect of bad promo translations or even interpretations) with the conflict. Okay, hear me out. ML was unaware of his curse but MC is an isekai person who KNOWS the cure but was more busy being matchmaker. Does she not remember OGplot if ML is apparently the OGbad guy? Why hasn't she made more plans? Or is this the case of having no POV of other characters? Next, upon finding out about the curse, heroine decides to follow brother's plea of being against marriage but brother also realized he cannot protect sis that's why he insists she goes back North? Getting married to a prominent and good family (on paper) should have some reassurance, shouldn't it?

14. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The promo last panel duh "flame shuttle" hahahhahahahahah

15. nowaynoway

nowaynoway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understood, it was because he was in a disguise. He had a black hair wig to hide himself as a soldier or sth. That's why she mentions that in the novel she read the duke actually had a different hair than the dark hair he had at the moment.

Anyways, I'm also waiting for spoilers.:blobsweat_2:

Fostofina likes this.
  16. pastelroses

pastelroses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Mangagirl4

Mangagirl4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers on their relationship?

18. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Siblings marrying another pair of siblings is quite normal IRL so I’m okay with it

19. ellanica

ellanica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are people icked out about them marrying the in-laws? They're not related biologically. They didn't even grow up together.

I mean, how is this worse than cousins marrying or FLs with the minds of grown ups having crushes on teenaged MLs. That should be worse, but why worry about people of the same age marrying someone related through a contract.

20. zFrankMz

zFrankMz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk people is weird sometimes.

Neelambori likes this.