LCD I was Reincarnated as a Poor Farmer In Another World, so I Decided to Make Bricks to Build a Castle

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CadmarLegend, May 4, 2021.

1. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    This Is The Thread About The Novel:
    I Was Reincarnated As a Poor Farmer In A Different World, so I Decided to Make Bricks to Build a Castle

Tag: Make Bricks to Build a Castle*

*I chose this because the actual title's too long.

Talk about anything regarding Bricks on here. I am the current translator and decided to make this thread. There are some things I'd like to address here, right now.

Rules/Formatting:

If you have a question about the novel, put it under a spoiler called 'Question'.

Example:
    I have a question about....

If you have a thought on something that happened in the novel and want to post a reaction to it, put it under a spoiler called 'Chapter Spoiler and/or Reaction (add in the chapter of reaction or spoiler)'.

Example: For a spoiler/reaction to chapter 34
    I read this in chapter 34.... and so I was like.....

If you have any other thing you are going to do, put it under a spoiler called 'Discussion'.

Example:
    I wish I could write a novel like this...

Please use this format so as to have it be easier for readers to read through everything.

Now, the rules.

1). Do not break any of the original Forum Rules
    2). Do not spam.
    3). If you are going to post something, post something that at least relates to the novel, okay?
    4). Do not put spoilers without a 'Chapter Spoiler and/or Reaction'.
    5). Do not swear unless you are quoting some curse from the novel itself.
    6). Keep things family-friendly.
    7). Do not diss the novel by saying something like 'This should never have been translated'. It deters readers. I am fine with criticism, but please point out the good parts and some of the bad parts.
    8). You may ask me about why I am not updating or anything by @-ing me. That doesn't have to be put under a spoiler.
    9). Please do not spam my profile asking why there are no updates.
    10). Have fun posting.

Extra Information: Events, Miscellaneous Info, etc.:
    I am thinking of doing something like a privileged readers thing, but with nuffies. So, you can check out the details to that here. NOTICE: I'm not already doing it, so be warned, do not send me money yet. I want to start that at around June.

Now, know that these things are subject to change.

Also, I'm thinking of doing a Reader of the Day thing where you win nuffies if your post is something that I like to see. The exact numbers of the nuffies in question will depend on how rich or poor I am of nuffies at that time. To find out what nuffies are, because they are important in my privileged chapters thing, go here.

PS: The same reader of the day will not be on here each day. They will be chosen once a week.

I will also be posting summaries of each chapter and my opinions on here so that readers can decide if they want to read it or not.

Now, without further ado, let the discussions begin!

Reader of the Day:
    User: @SylviaViolet

Table Of Contents Page

Since there's no traffic here yet, I think I'll make a Table of Contents for my posts on here. You know, the daily chapter summary and the opinion?

Mods, please don't mark the next few posts into double posting... I want to make this into the table of contents where the readers can find the translator's opinions on here quickly, to see if they would continue to read or not. I won't be biased. If I don't like something, I'll say it out loud.

Also, I won't JUST have my opinions on here. I'll have everyone's.... after I get more traffic in this thread. You know the reader of the day thing? I'll put those people's posts on here, as well.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    SylviaViolet, Napelynn, Reack and 2 others like this.
  2. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue Summary: The protagonist, his name's not revealed as of yet, realized he reincarnated in another world and thought about if there is magic. He sees his mother (the protagonist is a male btw) using some magic and realizes there is magic. He then decides to cultivate mana. That's about the plot of the prologue.

Translator's reaction: I find it quite fresh that the reincarnator doesn't get super freaked out about anything or the like, but I wish there was at least some type of emotion welling inside the protagonist.... like, he just accepts it easily. A bit too easily, in my opinion. Also, we get a sudden hit with
    That seems a bit too sudden, and it's in a chapter where there are only about 600-800 words... But this introduction makes the character look determined and an easy adapter, so this goes pretty well. Now, this is a SPOILER about a few chapters ahead. We get more detail on the mana that the main character uses in the next 40 or so chapters. That's it for the prologue summary and reaction. Not much to do with the first few hundred words. Adieu.

SylviaViolet likes this.
  3. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Professional post separator here to report for duty sir!:blobpopcorn_cool::blobhero::blobpeek::blobphone::blobbunny:

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    CadmarLegend likes this.
  4. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    c1 Summary: it starts off with a time skip. The main character is now 3 years old. He was unable to cast magic because his little body wasn't even strong enough for him to lift himself. However, he did try to learn about mana during his baby phase. He learned a few things. Now, he also talks about how he used to help out at his grandma's farm. He remembers the rich soil her farm had. He looks at his poor farmer family's field and wishes it were a rich-soiled field. He talks about how he once tried to cast magic briefly. The MC also talks about Life Magic, a group of spells you need to go to Church to learn at a certain age. He strains himself and somehow casts magic. That's about it for c1's plot.

Review: I wish we at least got a chapter each for the 3 years time skipped but I guess this helps remove plain fillers.... also, I wanted a bit more detail on his past experience of casting magic. I wanted to see what the failure the MC had and how his mindset changed. All in all, pretty good chapter. 7/10

5. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    The weird part for me was that he tried multiple times to use magic in front of his mother. I mean what if it worked?

Also I'm glad there was a decent timeskip. I hate it when the protagonist gets stuck in infant mode forever......

CadmarLegend likes this.
  6. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    It really wouldn't because some certain requirements need to be met to have the magic actually work....

7. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't know that though right? For all he knew there could have been a blast of fire when he tried that! Careless protagonist confirmed.
    Also should i be using spoilers for these?

8. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you could say that.... but isn't it technically CONFIRMED that all protagonists of web novels are a bit careless? Well, not https://www.novelupdates.com/series/this-hero-is-invincible-but-too-cautious/
    but you get my point.

SylviaViolet likes this.
  9. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, add a bold and large title saying Chapter - XX.
    It'll be easier to spot..... If you don't want to edit the previous ones, start adding them from the next one onward.

10. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I should do that.... in the spoilers or outside the spoilers? Also, congrats on being the Reader of the Day.

SylviaViolet likes this.
  11. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Outside definitely. It's for when someone is sifting through the messages trying to find a particular chapter.

12. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    But what about the other people discussing Bricks on here as well? They might get distracted by my posts.... Also, isn't there a table of contents for that? I edited it, so you can see the summaries I have already ....

SylviaViolet likes this.
  13. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't notice the ToC. You can leave it as it is then.

CadmarLegend likes this.
  14. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, no problem. I'm thinking of doing another summary soon. Stand guard and be ready for it, 「Professional post separator」— san. Gonna take me a few minutes.

15. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, go ahead and post the next one!

CadmarLegend likes this.
  16. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    HEADS UP: Previous translator counted the prologue as chapter one- and I followed their chapter count- so this chapter is technically c3 and the last chapter summary was technically for c2. Just think of it like this: next chaptwr summary= c4 summary.

c3 Summary: The protagonist plants a food called hatsuka into the newly created soil. He decided to plant the bitter-tasting hatsuka because it was easy enough to grow and common enough to not cost a lot. However, he didn't have a hose or anything, so MC had to take a bucket and water it using his own hands. A few days later, hatsuka grew that had more stalks than regular hatsuka. The time it took was too short, so the MC was a bit cuious, but was happy because he secured a food source, and knew he wouldn't starve.

Review: I feel pretty good about this chapter. After all, the MC had a realistic goal in mind: get food to survive. However, what about his parents? Didn't they survive before he was born? Why'd he think he'd starve?

8/10

17. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    The hunger was a very realistic goal but yeah about his parents.... If they couldn't get enough to feed a 3 year old how did they feed themselves all this while. Also why would he choose the worst possible crop?
    I understand if he wanted something easy on the first try but later on he could've easily nicked a few seeds from his father or neighboring lands to get better vegetables or maybe even some fruit.
    It is a fresh motivation though. It's rare to see someone struggle of hunger because in most novels money comes easy to MCs.

CadmarLegend likes this.
  18. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, probably because he doesn't have much interaction with his family and because he is a bit too young to get to any seeds?
    The nicking part..... hatsuka becomes more useful later on, and he has a limited area to plant, so he chose hatsuka to plant— which gives him a way to make money. Hatsuka has many uses, as shown later in the chapters. And yeah, it's fresh to see a financially struggling protag ....

19. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a bit more.It's not like he planned for it to be useful desu~ It was just luck desu~

CadmarLegend likes this.
  20. CadmarLegend

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the Protagonist Halo is mighty, is all I can say......

:cookie::aww::cookie::aww::cookie::aww::cookie::aww:

Gonna put up more summaries later and even upload a chapter! Been away too long!