Spoiler I will disappear, Grand Duke

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Aug 18, 2021.

1. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Little tidbit: (edited. don't mind that striked out parts)
    It seems like the FL did try her best to please her husband. She worked hard for 5 years in that lonely marriage to be better and be of help to him. Ultimately, he didn't appreciate it. There was some kind of misunderstanding between them and that's when FL said enough is enough and suggested divorce. OF COURSE, ML didn't agree and started to pay attention to her (like all panicking pieces of shit do). That's probably why he showered her with presents and started giving her jewelry (which she didn't even take when she ran away). But alas, FL had enough of his shit and chose to run away. I'm 90% sure this was what he meant by "doing what she wished" - filing for divorce, instead of her slitting her throat in that cliff scene

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  2. SayuriMou

SayuriMou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god.. 5 years of marriage?! :blobfearful: She really endured such long!:blobsad: Well, finally she's come to her senses and runaway. Argh! I really hate the ML. :blob_catflip: There's no excuse of what he did to her.
    Thank you for the spoilers!

3. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the ML is forced to marry the daughter of his enemy, but to vent his hatred and anger toward the FL cause she look so much like her father not even bother to know and see her as her own person just a lowly move, now after knowing she is abused by her family and turn out the one he met at the past, he suddenly changed? Cliche. If he only treated her coldly or simply neglected her, then he deserved a second chance maybe, but no he abused her emotionally, publicly humiliate her even. I guess this is kinda similar with 'There is a times where I wish you were dead'.

This is why I hate cold-hearted ML who only kind to their loved ones. You don't need to love the other in political marriage but at least treat them like a human being so you wouldn't regret it later if it turn out she is your savior or first love whatever. Kudos to Tarkan from 'I'm done with my husband, I'll go make money', sure he didn't read the investigation paper about his wife (it's actually better, since that kind of investigation is subjective and there is also a chance your subordinate could lie too like the one in the 'The Mistress Run Away'), putting aside all the rumor and prejudice, he use his eyes to see, his ears to hear, and his brain to think about what kind of person his wife is, though he loved another woman that saved him in the past, but he still able to treat his wife with respect and decency, if it turn out that his savior was actually his political arranged wife, how great it would be, no need to roll in regret huh.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  4. Eccedentesiastdisha

Eccedentesiastdisha is married to Eren Jaeger

Reading List:
    Link

Oh god! You just reminded me of that piece of sh*t in "there were times where i wish you were dead" Like seriously that douc*ebag had the nerve to cry or feel bad after he found out she helped him out in the past. I really hate these kind of stories ,it just makes my blood boil up:blobangery::blobangery:

SO HOW TF DO THEY END UP BEING WITH THE FL?????!!!!!!

5. maymthu

maymthu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See this is why I come to spoiler threads because I can't handle reading several chapters of FL suffering under ML, and not knowing how long this will go on before I f*kin lose it and reincarnate into that book just to strangle the trash.

I'm a sadist who likes to see ML regret and suffer, I really can't sit through the emotional torture that comes before that.

6. Niyangrapik

Niyangrapik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank god he left. But why would he want to be part of her life lol. Did he fall in love or he just felt terrible for all he did to her all those years?

So it was not love. Just that he couldn't accept that she wants to be free from him

7. tabularasa7

tabularasa7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In one of the chapters I read, he actually doesn't remember her from the past. She actually told him at one point they met before, but after several years of war, he basically doesn't remember his memories from before very well. (I can actually kind of believe this because PTSD can do lots of sh*t to people, including mess up their memories). Apparently, when he saw her at the festival he just saw that she was a kind person who just wanted to be happy and he never made her happy when they were together, and he felt like sh*t because of it.

Same, lol. This is why I usually skip chapters in stories like this because my morbid curiosity compels me to see karma get served, but going through the grimdark h*** that the MC goes through to get there usually is not my cup of tea. Like *cough*The Devil Who Breaks My Neck *cough*

8. illysillymilly

illysillymilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saving my spot…

syofiaa and Tech is life like this.
  9. tasyaaaa

tasyaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad He realized this even its too late for him, she needs freedom and happiness

syofiaa likes this.
  10. ArguingApples

Reading List:
    Link
    As I don't understand most of the words aside for the dialogue, this isn't really exhaustive enough. Just want to share it to you guys though.

Seems like Julia was getting attacked by some thugs. Fernan arrived to save her. Julia was pretty shocked to see his face again so I'm assuming that this is the chapter where they met again after the cliff fall scene. After that she fainted.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  11. SayuriMou

SayuriMou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm.... seems like the duke keep watching her. So will Julia runs away from him or not?

syofiaa likes this.
  12. shimar

shimar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh, moaaarrr spoilies

13. tabularasa7

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand of the MLs actions, having finally read the in-between chapters before she runs away:

The ML basically can't ignore her (he feels pity and stuff for her) but that makes angry because he thinks she's super close to her father (her father plays it up in public but abuses her in secret). So he tries to push her away and treat her bad to forget about her. It's basically "You make me feel things I don't understand so I'm going to be mean to you." dumb logic. Some things happen where he basically tells her that this marriage isn't going to last, and she realizes he always planned to divorce her so why should she bother trying to get along with him? That's when she starts planning to leave (other things happen too, that make her stop caring about anything anymore), but at some point when she asks him when the divorce is going to happen, he's like, "I changed my mind." which is why she has to run away.

Also, when she runs away, she does take one thing: her wedding ring, which had never been worn. When she took it, it was with the idea that she was going to pawn it off as "alimony" (lol).

14. psychofreak

psychofreak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... K I take back what I said about ml having working braincells. Or yeah they're working, but just ass backwards and didn't get past the age of 12. Is he that much of a dumbass that can't even investigate people? I mean if he's feeling things. I... I can't. I can't with this guy. Although he did back off... yeeaaah he can keep backing off and not disturb the FL. Preferably forever.

Please let there be a second ml and have the FL end up with him. :blobneutral:

Herbie420, Scapezz, Chunin and 19 others like this.
  15. tabularasa7

Reading List:
    Link

Right? He's like some kid in grade school who bullies the girl he likes because he doesn't know how to express his feelings.

As for the second ML... I think maybe there's one on the horizon. Probably nothing will happen between them though.

16. ArguingApples

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 51-52
    Keep in mind this is just the bare bones of the chapter as I would have to bust out google translate to read all the other details. I just read the conversation.

The start of 51 basically is an internal monologue from the ML. How he can't seem to let go of Julia and he's just staying by her side while she's unconscious. She hasn't regained consciousness yet from being attacked by thugs last chapter. He seems to have brought her back to the Grand Duke's estate (not sure though). He kept calling her name and praying that she's okay. Next chapter is when Julia wakes up and she's confused on where on Earth she was. Melissa, the only maid who was kind to her, comes to the room and happily exclaims that the Grand Duchess is already awake and that she would call for the doctor. Julia stops her and asks her where she is and why she was there. Julia kind of had a bad feeling then. She got up and wanted to leave. Melissa was hurrying behind her. That's when Fernan arrives and asks if she's okay. She's shocked to see him and she never planned to meet him again. She tried to leave but Fernan stopped her. She told him to let go. Fernan asked if she was going to that priest. (What the hell? she's running away from you asshole) I think he carried her and brought her back to her room and called for a doctor. He then asked her if she couldn't remember anything that happened and she said that she didn't. She only remembered being in a carriage

SO, it seems like the monastery got attacked and destroyed. I have no idea what happened to the children though, huhuh. From the original spoiler, I thought he was asking her if she would go back to the priest, BUT he was actually asking her if she was going to the monastery that was destroyed. That's probably why her memory is kind of murky, she was traumatized from the destruction of the orphanage

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  17. Niyangrapik

Niyangrapik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She has partial memory loss?

Vallerie_unknown likes this.
  18. ArguingApples

Reading List:
    Link
    She remembers everything that happened to her except the part where she was attacked by thugs and that Fernan saved her. Probably from the trauma of the attack

ArkiV_10, Scapezz, its0k and 5 others like this.
  19. psychofreak

psychofreak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is quite...lol. Lol for the part that she remembered everything but the dude. I mean that's pretty much obvious how much she wants nothing to do with this guy.
    "Hey do you remember how I saved you--"
    "O RLY well kthxbai"

Will this be the start of how he proves his feelings? I hope she runs away again, like far far away.

20. Syalalabla

Syalalabla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ajsjsh spoiler me the ending please, i just want to know if julia comeback with him or not

Niyangrapik likes this.