Spoiler I will disappear, Grand Duke

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Niyangrapik

Niyangrapik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    I see. Actually I thought that was the one in prologue lol. I forgot that in prologue they were on horse lol

syofiaa likes this.
  2. Niaosaf

Niaosaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huhu this seems fun novel and thank you guys for the spoilers

3. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! There's no ending yet. It's still an ongoing series. The latest chapter is 94. It updates Monday to Friday

CaelumBlue and Pipi1989 like this.
  4. tasyaaaa

tasyaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because cover novel always give us hint to the novel, I will assume Julia will comeback to him. :blobsad:

Vallerie_unknown likes this.
  5. Reinblick123

Reinblick123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers on his family after fl disappear? and also to that bitch who wants to marry ml?

6. Witch BRIONNE

Witch BRIONNE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest based from chapters going to 27, the ML is not that much of an ass. There's just a huuuugggeee miscommunication happening. The ML do not know how to express himself.

She's not being starved nor abused in the house with the ML just that the servants don't respect her but she was never maltreated like other series like being fed with dirty and spoiled food being physically abused. She was being served and she at least have 1 faithful maid who does not need to go through shit to make FL's life comfortable. There was ONLY 1 instance where she was locked up BUT the ML dealt with the servants immediately. When her father slapped her, he got mad and got her treated. He never wanted to divorce her when his feelings are more evident and never cheated.

His treatment to his wife is quite justified at the BEGINNING since HE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CONSENT TO THE MARRIAGE but he improved overtime and I actually like the development. Just that the miscommunication is tooo much seriously. Keeping her like a bird in a cage only escalated the situation since he's too stupid not knowing how to make her stay with him. (Just apologize and sincerely explain how you feel damn it!)

PS I don't know why she expected to be loved by her husband just because of a single act of kindness when they were kids but she should've known that being in a political marriage means having a high change of getting ignored by her husband because let's face it, her time period treats women as commodity.

I remember reading an article where women before were already grateful if put in a political marriage and just being ignored by their husband and not to the point of being abused. She hd the authority in the house but she obviously doesn't know how to be assertive which is connected to the way she was raised but she doesn't do anything at home and that's a good thing because she was raised a noble and probably don't even know how to wash dishes nor sweep the floor. At least she can roam around the market, have tea parties and read books in the library like every coddled women raised like these are expected to if she only does not harbor the intention of running away from the unemployed life I dream of( though i wamt to just laze around unemployed while rich, IM SO GLAD IM BORN IN A DIFFERENT TIME PERIOD Where there's more rights and opportunity for women and that we could choose what to learn and do unlike them who are raised to be wed).

Anyway, novels don't make sense sometimes but we all know we love stories like these.

On a side note, I choose living in level 2 of hell in the MLs side rather than level 7 of hell in his father's side since it's a political marriage anyway. Just saying.

Another thing if I'm in her disposition, If I can't manage the house anyway I would just splurge my arranged husband's money to my heart's content. Now that is fun!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  7. Pipi1989

Pipi1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's important to remember that (having reread the series and counting the years) she literally dealt with public humiliation by her husband and several years of verbal abuse and bullying before the locking up incident occurs.

Yeah he's not physically abusive, but neglect and verbal abuse are bad too.

8. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's worst.

9. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    True, although FL was not being starved nor physically abused in the house, but she was horribly abused mentally by the ML. ML knew and has admitted in the novel several times that he noticed how much FL loves and depends on him, yet still chooses to verbally talk harshly to her and even ignore her existence, resulting in everyone in the house to look down on her including the butler. FL was purposely not given any authority as the hostess on the house so that she do not have any power to fight back whenever the servants and butler dismiss her instructions in the house. Even ML aide notices that and felt uncomfortable with the way ML treated FL as the FL has already married over as Duchess plus her personality wasn't as bad as they expected after 5 years into the marriage. So yes, ML knew the servants were mocking FL behind her back, but did nothing to stop that because he wanted to isolate the FL. ML hated the FL's father so he felt justified for his bad treatment the FL. Only when he starts having feelings for the FL, was when he saw the consequences of his actions were towards FL and tries to rectify it by dismissing all the servants who were bad to FL before, but it was too late. FL has already given up by then.

As I read through the story, I felt that the ML purposely choses the most effective way subconsciously to make FL's life in the house as horrible as he could. Even when he starts having feelings for FL, he continues to make FL's terrible by locking her up so she was even more isolated than before. The worst part is he knows the FL never want to hurt him as shown in prologue scene because of her love for him, so he continues to abuse that part of FL by continuing dismissing her in private, then slowly moving on to the public causing the FL to became even more depressed. In the end, FL become withered and dried out from all the isolation and mental abuses from everyone around her, a fact she realizes on that day when Melissa went on leave, that no one (other than Melissa) in the house, cares or give a dame whether or not FL's dead or alive. It's sad that the ML did not show any remorse for his actions even when he was in the 'process of crushing' for FL by projecting obsessions behavior as a sign of love to FL.

10. Pipi1989

Pipi1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. Sure, there are novels were MLs are much worse. But that shouldn't excuse terrible behavior like locking people up or just blatant neglect and verbal abuse

11. Niyangrapik

Reading List:
    Link
    And he had the gall to be angry and "dispose" of those servants when he was the root of it

12. Mingji

Mingji Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to kindly say this to you...
    Go read the novel... And, more properly this time. The indications are more than enough to express the kind of abuse she has tolerated.

13. hjnffnjh

Reading List:
    Link
    He should have disposed himself.

14. Mingji

Mingji Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, I remember her being an illegitimate child. If she were treated like an actual noble, what you said could have made at least some sense. But, then again... I suggest rereading it. And also, waiting for the story to commence forward and knowing how she was actually treated in the marquisate.
    Also, this story is written from and for the modern readers, for us, who believe in love and freedom of choices. (So, it wrong for us to relate this story to the medieval era thinking. Thats my opinion. )

If the authors were to have a complete European ambience in their stories, with the thinking process of those times included, we readers would not even have touched such stories.
    Authors know what we fancy- noble privileged protagonists with gowns and coats, but a modern thought process.

In short, they cater to our needs. Modern product with vintage covers stories.

15. Niyangrapik

Reading List:
    Link
    Lollllll yep

Herbie420 and CaelumBlue like this.
  16. tabularasa7

tabularasa7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The FL does call him out on being the cause though, which is great.

daviemae, Scapezz, Free Ocean and 8 others like this.
  17. Niyangrapik

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i screamed 'hell yeah!' at that moment lol

So can we have another spoiler? :aww:

18. Syalalabla

Syalalabla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want fernan to suffer more, he deserve it

Herbie420, Scapezz and blahblah123 like this.
  19. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what was his reaction to it??

20. hjnffnjh

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing. Just your typical *ssh*l* ML when called out acts like everything was nothing. There may be a tinged of guilt but he did not ask for forgiveness or anywhere near that.

Scapezz, Tt123, syofiaa and 3 others like this.