Spoiler I will disappear, Grand Duke

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Aug 18, 2021.

1. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translated novel chapter has arrived until the chapter where the MC falls off a cliff and disappears, and he like a crazy man who has been looking for FL for a whole month.
    He doesn't eat, he doesn't rest, he keeps looking for FL here and there.
    Even suffering for 1 month is still nothing compared to FL who lived a life like hell for 5 years with him, He still has to roll a lot more before they can finally get back together, I can't let FL forgive him too easily.

2. Malikah

Malikah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been trying to figure this out (guess I should reread but haven't yet) but in which chapter does it say that they were together for 5 years? I don't think there was ever a mention of the marriage lasting 5 years??? Or did I just completely miss that part?

3. Pipi1989

Pipi1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the prolog I thought they mentioned it was 5 years but going back it seems like it was several at the very least

So it's been a while

syofiaa likes this.
  4. Malikah

Malikah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I just reread the prologue and there was no mention of 5 years. In chapter 39 Fernan even explicitly states that the marriage was short when he was reminiscing their time together in her bedroom and all the events that happened back to back from chapter 1 up until when she escaped don't leave an impression of the time having passed for more than a year tbh. I wonder if that "all these years" from the prologue was a mistranslation and should have been "all this time" :hmm:

Eelillya, Th.ay, Alexaaa_23 and 3 others like this.
  5. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I'm kind of confused with the author's way of using time periods. They keep using "All this time", "After a long time", "Time passed by quickly" but then we discover it's only been a day or a week that's passed. But at least we know now that they were together for about a year. It took FL just one year to be fed up with ML's shit and run away. Good to know.

6. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also don't know, but from this spoiler thread, it is said that Julia has survived 5 years of marriage with Fernan.
    But in the translation, it doesn't say specifically how many years they've been together

Alexaaa_23, syofiaa and Yuma28 like this.
  7. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Julia vomited blood in the most recent chapter translated.
    I wonder why :hmm:
    The priests Mattheus and Cedric did warn her that using the holy power would lead to a backlash, but she didn't use it since her escape...
    She also had suffered the backlash as soon as she came to the church after 1 month of disappearance...
    Interestingly, she also unknowingly had absorbed the holy power that was in the pendant.

The pendant was a medium allowing her to use the holy power without her body suffering.

Also, an another fact: if she had died, the holy power infused in her would have returned to the priest.
    Mattheus kept that fact secret when Fernan came to see him. He knew she was still alive because he didn't feel his power coming back.

And it's nice too see Fernan's regrets and realizing that he had been as bad as Julia's father :blobamused:
    I wonder how he'll make it up to her, since spoilers said that he was with her after saving her.

That also sucks if the monastery got destroyed, it might explain her partial amnesia due to trauma...

I'm curious to see what'll happen next :blobpopcorn_cool:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    daviemae, Scapezz, its0k and 20 others like this.
  8. Syalalabla

Syalalabla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone please tell me will julia getting better or not ???

9. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, we don't know yet :blobsad:

According to the recent translations, Julia know that she might not have much time left, but she don't want to waste precious moments with worries.
    She feel the power fading, and Matheus feel it coming back to him.
    She talked about it to Cedric who was trying to help her finding a cure.

She vomited blood again, after being examined by a doctor who diagnosed a simple fever, prescribed her medicine that didn't work.
    Another one came (apparently Gabrielle, a kind woman who work at the church, knew him) and Julia was suspicious of him, because he diagnosed her accurately, while the precedent one couldn't (her situation is really uncommon, and Cedric try/tried to look into old books to find a way to save her), and prescribed medicine that managed to alleviate her symptoms, but it's all it can do, the power infused in her is still fading.

Matheus and Cedric theorised that her throwing up blood might be related to the power coming back to him.
    The power coming back could put her health in danger, this is why she throwing up blood.

Cedric advised her to not use her holy power to not aggravate things.

The power is fading little by little, but as long as she doesn't use a huge amount of it at once, she wouldn't suffer sudden abnormalities.

Cedric reassured her, saying that she'll be fine, since she's loved by God, that made her smile and she replied that she's sure she'll get better.

And it looks like Cedric got a crush on Julia :blobmelt:
    He doesn't take his child form anymore around her, and when talking with her, his ears turned red :blobmelt:
    Switching between his child (10 years old) and adult form is one of his abilities, on top of the healing one, and when he didn't do it anymore, the children of the church were upset, because they like to play with him, finding him nicer since the other priests are older and more stern.
    He was a slave that Matheus had saved.

Julia also don't understand why she survived her fall.
    When she talked with Cedric, who had found her collapsed in front of the church 1 month after her fall, he asked if she jumped because she thought she could live and that she might have used the power without the pendant for this, but it wasn't the case, she thought she might die and it didn't matter to die this way, she didn't want to go back to Fernan and continue to be the abandoned Grand Duchess.
    She didn't want to be back as the marquis's daughter, which she hated more than death.
    Cedric understood when she didn't reply.

She doesn't even know what happened during this 1 month and how she ended up in front of the church she was originally supposed to go after her escape.

Once she got better, they then left and moved to the monastery she's currently living in.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  10. marizz

marizz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh pls correct me if I'm wrong but there was no mention of being married to Fernan for 5 years, it actually seems like they've only been married for around a year. In the first chapter she recalls that they have been married for several months. She also mentioned having loved him for 10 years (9 years of them being unmarried).

Someone must've gotten confused w a different novel or spoiler thread (probably w My Husband Will Regret This where unhappy marriage was for 5 yrs).

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    Lucy_ likes this.
  11. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a spoiler,just wanted to add my surprise about how we had two updates of nee translations this week(of like 20 chapters)
    I don't know if the translator will see this,but if you do,thankyou very much for your hard work.❤

12. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, I made the spoiler. It's edited out already.
    The spoilers I made were just barebones, I just read the conversations and some blogs. Good thing we don't need spoilers anymore since the translators are working really hard to release chapters

Rin.rinaaa, luliibunny and marizz like this.
  13. Syalalabla

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello anyone has a spoiler ? Im curious about their relationship, will it get better or not? cedric is 2nd ml? Julia condition get better or not?im so worried.

14. jjaggii

jjaggii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In defense of the ML and FL.

EDIT: English isnt my first language so I'm very sorry if there are errors and its hard to understand my post TT

(I read up to the point of the ML and the festival arc. I got curious and wounded up here since I wanted to know the juicy bits. I wasn't surprised to see a lot of hate on the ML but I think there's a little too much on it. P.S My name is Julia and so I'm personally very invested in the novel >\\\<)

I'll make this simple as possible as to why I believe there is validity to ML's actions.

1.) He went to war at a young age, assuming around his teenage age based on when he met the FL. War, itself, is a very depressing and traumatic experience to go through, on top of growing into an adult. A lot of veterans are good people however, gruesome and extensive wars often psychologically affect them deeply. I think the reason he is stoic or "cold" yet full of negative emotions is because the war made him that way (guessing purely on how usually these types of novels go.)

2.) Due to the war, he lacks social and emotional maturity that gradually forms in normal life. I can't begin to imagine being a teenager, participating in a lengthy war, sorting out my own problems and then facing even more problems when I return from war. It takes a toll on you.

3.) The time period is of raging misogyny and lack of women's right. This is evident in the author's world building so I can guess that it plays a heavy role in the novel. From most MLs with similar plots as this, this the first I came to understand an ML despite being standoffish with him. He backed away when she was happy, he even reflected on his actions and seemed to be working on himself (something I rarely see.) He acknowledge how awful he was when he compared himself to FLs father.

4.) FL, though treated badly, was not severely harmed. I think a main thing people overlooked was that, though she a victim of her environment, she was a victim of herself too. She was mistreated as well which plays into my theory that she is mentally and emotionally unstable. She came onto him with the idea he might remember her after war. She also knew the marriage was political, made in the greed of her father and was forced upon the ML. ML has his issues and I think he unfairly attacked her since she is related to them. FL, too, has her faults. I think seeing them being a wreck makes the more fleshed out and real. (I also think a lot of people are projecting on FL, which, fair enough I do too, but objectively, it is wrong but not severely terrible.)

5.) FL is an ab*se victim, ML didn't know that and came to switch attitude. Let's be real, if you were in the MLs shoes, forced to marry a potential conniving enemy under the orders of another powerful enemy, wouldn't you be wary? As said, we've seen regret since he came to know cause she was a victim instead of an enemy. It's not about the ML suddenly pitying her but more so realising he has been mistreating an innocent person who is also a victim to a scheme.

(P.S. I learned that abuse victims as the protagonists are often unreliable narrators. As ab*se victims MCs often portray their emotions differently and suffering greatly due to their own trauma. We are meant to emphasize with her, see the desperation for betterment and realise that she was also a victim of herself. DO NOT project on her since that may illicit triggering stuff.)

Anyways, some stuff on the top of my head. Yeah, ML deserve criticism but the hate for him despite the way author wrote him surprise me. He sucks but I do wish he and FL get better alone and then come to terms with each other. It paints a very realistic love of trials and tribulations.

15. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I don't think it's as complicated as that, yes war do effect someone terribly (Btw, he is 17 when he goes to war, Julia is 13), but the reason he treated Julia harshly apart from being an unwanted marriage, simply because she is the evil Marquis daughter, his enemy, its's very obvious from the early chapter how he described Julia, that she look so much like her father, she is a being that got the evil Marquis and greedy Emperor as her backing, there is no way she is a good character, that's what he believes, but despite all that, he got himself falling for Julia (but he didn't know yet the exact name of that feeling, all he know is she bother him so much) so it only angered him even more and lash it out on Julia.

Fernan have a good judgment, he can see the greed in the Duke Daughter eyes (forgot her name, the one who proposed to Fernan), he could grasp her character from their first meeting, but when he see the sincerity and the innocent in Julia, he got confused, but because she is the evil Marquis daughter (so she must be evil too) he dismissed it as a very good acting, there is a times when he got swayed like when Julia fall sick in his bedroom and show her a momentary kindness by taking care of her even going to her parents house due to his guilt, but after the aphrodisiac incident, he goes like 'See, she is just as evil as her father, even though it just for a moment, I can't believe I got fooled by her'.

Then again, when he reprimanded Julia for going out and disobeying his order to stay quitely at her bedroom, so when he caught Julia talking a walk in the garden and Julia apologized to him for disobeying his order and she would go back to her bedroom or when she got locked up and she didn't even punish the servant, he got bewildered , why is she being like this, she is supposedly an evil character, she should be blah blah blah. It's only after he found out that Julia is illegitimate daughter that he figure out why, why Julia behavior is unmatched with his early conviction, because she is not a privileged Marquis Daughter who grew up being spoiled. Only then he saw Julia as her own person, the realization that he hurt the innocent, when he finally came to terms with his own feeling, it's already too late, so he locked her up instead of asking for forgiveness

16. jjaggii

jjaggii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly! Very eloquently said. You made a great point plot-wise ^^ A lot of readers often overshadow the POVs we see on Fernan's side since we read Julia's POV more. I also finished reading up to the latest translated chapter and I can see what you mean by him changing his views on Julia from "she is the enemy" to "she isn't the enemy."

17. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now we are in the part where Julia returns to the dukedom and is cold to Fernan,but anyone knows when she will get her memories back and how she will deal with it?
    Im curious about how she will treat Fernan after she realizes the truth(even though I am looooving seeing him getting a taste of his own poison)
    Also,I wonder how the nobles will react when they realize Julia is alive,and how she will be treated and treat them.(SMASH THEM UNDER YOUR SHOE,GIRL)

syofiaa and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  18. anangege

anangege New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yess i do hope se gets back her memories. But she shouldnt just forgive him. I hope she makes him suffer for a while!

19. Syalalabla

Reading List:
    Link
    From the recent chapters, it look like they will be together again....

20. Raspberrymix

Raspberrymix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like it, I wish she’d end up with Cedric though