Spoiler I will twist the neck of a sweet dog / 다정한 개새끼의 목을 비틀겠습니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by flowers_bloom, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Green_pattern

Green_pattern Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it the blonde or the one who resemble chloe?
    I'm kinda confused here :blobpensive:

2. Aiatsu

Aiatsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One question, did Kairos rape FL in the first timeline? Or had something consensual. Is disgusting just imagining this happening, but one of the manhws panels had her remembering him in bed...

3. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing happened between them. I suppose it is drawn such because they use to lie together, he took advantage of her liking him and use to manipulate her in this way making her think he is showing love to her. The only thing that happened between them was kisses, nothing beyond that.

4. chessmanDuke

chessmanDuke Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML Emperor or Duke

5. alaskamaze

alaskamaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's so fucking sad and twisted but I'm enjoying the pain ML is such a sweet boi.

6. AliSakurai

AliSakurai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope they get their little daughter back. She didn't deserve what happened to her. Can someone tell me if they get her back please????

7. Darthporg

Darthporg Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The emperor

8. nyxxx

nyxxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There seems to be a big misunderstanding about the ML, FL, and the empress.
    ML is the red haired emperor called Raymond. He and his empress Dahlia grew up like siblings fighting and taunting each other. When ML was 14 and Dahlia was 17, they broke up the marriage agreement. "Mysteriously" Dahlia's parents died and right after her uncle forcefully pushed for the marriage. Both ML and Dahlia decided to get married because they had to survive first to take revenge on the people who killed their parents. They NEVER slept together. The father of Dahlia's baby was someone else who "died" when her parents died. She "mysteriously" ended up having a miscarriage.
    Since she was 7 years old, Kairos(half brother of Raymond) GROOMED Chloe so he can use her to bring down Raymond. Raymond knew this from the beginning but still fell in love with her. They had a daughter and named her Esthelle. Kairos eventually imprisoned ML and took the throne. He took away FL's daughter Esthelle and she found out that Raymond truly loved her. She lost it. Kairos' fiance Elizabeth gave the FL poison and she committed suicide. On 2nd timeline, she loathed Kairos and wanted him to be miserable. She had absolutely no affection for Kairos and regretted her past actions. She wanted revenge.
    From the very beginning she and Raymond had no romantic feelings for each other. The empress was not infertile. You can't have a baby unless you do the ...baby-making process. She tried to matchmake others with Raymond like a sister trying to make her younger brother go on dates. Raymond kept giving unreasonable requirements to annoy Dahlia. Later on after they divorced she purged the people responsible for her parents' death.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  9. MariaBr

MariaBr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    segunda vez que não sinto pena do protagonista ao ler uma história =/

10. Fellyciach

Fellyciach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I often stumbled into people hating the man in manhwa who betrayed his lover and got her killed. This fl literally did the same but she was forgiven because she was pitiful and groomed? What's with the double standard?

You might say that it wasn't her fault because she was groomed to act that way and so on. But people seem to forget that hurting someone or stealing something isn't the only thing that makes you guilty. Foolishness and being unaware of your foolishness make you guilty too.

No matter what her reason was, it still didn't change the fact that she betrayed the emperor and jeopardized the whole nation. How many people were killed because of it? How many poor extras became a victim of her foolishness?

And the emperor? Honestly, he doesn’t deserve to be emperor. He's utterly stupid. He simply followed orders instead of giving them and because he couldn't tell when he was being manipulated. Beyond that, there’s no reason to fault him for honestly loving a girl who is deceiving him like a champ. This is her fault and not his.

If you’re going to bash the emperor then don’t yell CHEATER. Yell DIP$**T because he has to be dumber than a rock to make all this overwrought drama even remotely possible.

11. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't agree more, the double standard also happen in 'Sister, in this life I've become a Queen', she is groomed they said, eventho she is 16yo when she got engaged with the groomer, and she poisoned the ML with her own hands so she could make her groomer an Emperor, but since she is groomed and abused, everyone cheered for her romance of the century with the one she killed in the 1st TL.

To be fair, the ML from Abandoned Empress and Lady to Queen also groomed (but not in sexual way) and manipulated, but they still guilty as hell no.

Elisee and Emma626 like this.
  12. Cookiemonster_007isback

Reading List:
    Link
    and the fact that even after getting a second chance, she still chose that man who made her went through hell and got an innocent man killed, until he got busy with her sister again to make her eyes open.

Emma626 likes this.
  13. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what got me angry, I still read it and all but I f***ING flipped at this point.

14. Cookiemonster_007isback

Reading List:
    Link
    It is shown that she never had a life of her own. In the book, she was very young, under 10, when her mother got killed and thrown away. She was treated as a literal dog where they made her walk like one just for their own entertainment. Her mind was broken to that extent. So when this 'Uncle' found her and she held her hand, she got from one place where she was confined to another upgraded confined, where the 'Uncle' made her believe that he is in the right. She never got out until that day where he sent her to the Emperor. Before she could comprehend that she was enclosed in a lie and could accept the fact, the damage was done.

He actually had a plan, it is just, he thought that Chloe wouldn't be used by the 'Uncle' but got outsmarted in return because the Duke even put a knife to the neck of the very last 'family' he made with that person.

Two, the Knight who lost his eye and this another woman but Chloe is not at fault for her. That woman was aware exactly what kind of man she was dealing with and didn't hesitated to hurt someone else, got the same in return.

But I agree that some points in your opinion are valid and have weight. To look with another viewpoint, it was a serious blunder.

Sarah1281, Korleone and Emma626 like this.
  15. Fellyciach

Fellyciach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I meant by poor extras are the people of the empire who have to suffer after the Duke took over the empire. And he went crazy after Chloe's death in the first timeline. You know it's not only his villainess wife who suffered from his wrath. Because of this rebellion, the whole nation is suffering as well. That's why I couldn't sympathize with fl no matter how pathetic her life was. If all the criminals in the world could be excuse because they have a traumatic past, how many of them wouldn't go to jail or get the punishment for their actions? To utilize trauma and grooming as an excuses for bad deeds is like avoiding responsibility for their actions. What's more, having been traumatized doesn't automatically predispose someone towards traumatizing others.

Elisee likes this.
  16. Cookiemonster_007isback

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I remembered, no one suffered because Duke was driven mad.
    There was no such thing mentioned as in the book. Because he was gone half-mad, it was the court that was running the Empire along with the church iirc.
    You are right.
    I mean you don't have to, neither do you owe any explanation for your opinion. I was just adding some things but I agree with your opinion. I was adding them incase someone else wonders because the points you raised are valid. [Putting it here in case]

Although, the author did not mention any kind of direct suffering on the people but it is impossible to not suffer under an unstable ruler. It is a loophole if that is the case in the novel or else, there might be something mentioned but I don't recall. I wish I could read the novel again lol. But it's too much now.

P.S - I also don't think anyone else is at fault for not thinking about it. Because it was me who spoiled the entire novel, I may have influenced their thoughts unknowingly to think otherwise. You see, while I was reading the novel, I overlooked the extras or so that (in this manner) Chloe was (also) a direct participant for the sufferings of the people, it was just I was so overwhelmed with emotions and there was nowhere mentioned for the same, so there was no help in reminding me for that as well. Maybe, that is why, the readers sympathised more with her. Might have overlooked in the flow of the spoilers. Thanks for putting it here anyway.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    Sarah1281 likes this.
  17. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading this manhwa and I'm scarred already. Bruh just how many red flags did this trip in just first 5 or 6 chapters?? Grooming, Incest, NTR, Stockholm syndrome... Jesus I feel sick . I have never wished for MC to just die and be reborn this badly ever. I don't want to read all the spoilers but please... can someone tell me if she actually do some time skip or not? I don't think I can handle this one otherwise... :cry:

18. Cheshirecat04

Cheshirecat04 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's be positive. The novel is dark af, the main leads have their flaws and could be or not likeable. The bad guy is creepy and disgusting, the blonde b*tch is annoying like every woman who targets MC in that kind of novel....
    BUUUUUUUUUUT....
    There is Dahlia... our goddess, our savoir. Jeez, I'm straight but I won't mind dating her. She is so awesome, straightforward, cunning, smart...
    I love her. It's so refreshing to see the other woman not being paint as a total wh*re or a WLB

19. Cookiemonster_007isback

Reading List:
    Link
    Apart from the side characters which the user above said who might have suffered (although giving a re-read again after to the novel no one suffered as far as I remember), Raymond was a good Emperor and even when he became a hopeless romantic in love, when he was overthrown by Karlos, Karlos couldn't unleash any disaster because he went mad right after Chloe's death so the Empire was run majorly by the cabinet (nobles and ministers). There were no casualties.

Continuing, I honestly like manhwas art, I think it suits this novel. The recent chapter of Raymond confessing his true feelings in his mind when carrying Chloe who fainted after crying too much was literally so beautiful.

Edit : Although I understand the sentiments of what the user was trying to convey. There are flaws which I too admit.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
    BellaReader likes this.
  20. AnimeGirl

AnimeGirl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link