Spoiler I Woke Up and Heard I Was Married (BL)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Emaris, May 15, 2020.

1. Emaris

Emaris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I normally don't really like recommending novels as I don't really try to find novels on my own. But I am finding it harder for me to find new novels to read by going through recs so had to try and find some myself and found this gem.
    Title:一觉醒来听说我结婚了
    Author:木瓜黄
    Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2976928

MTL Summary: Shao Si had a bad health since childhood, and accidentally bound a ghost-like life-continuity system to live to this day.
    Since he stepped into the entertainment industry, he was even more deadly.
    System: We are the double shame of the shady, our goal is to return a piece of pure land in the entertainment world, and make all shady public.
    Shao Si: Listen to your nonsense.
    It can be considered to be able to continue to live ... But when Shao Sigang won the Xiaojin and became the youngest film emperor in the entertainment industry, he did not think he would be "married" overnight.
    Because the stylists of both parties coincidentally put the same ring on them as accessories, the fans of both parties exploded collectively on Weibo.
    I woke up and heard that I was married [Black question mark.jpg]
    Thanks to the netizens for letting me get married inexplicably.
    Attacked by the double shadow emperor, the early stage was not correct, and the late husband worked together to solve the case [what ghost].
    Duplicity fans of the contrast between the attack kaolinite x is not lazy cancer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I first read this summary, all I thought was, oh, another bl entertainment novel about acting....it's just that there are so many and most of them follow the same formula- a very handsome man who is a great rookie actor and an ML who is practically God in the acting circle and falls in love with the MC at first glance. However, I was bored so decided to check it out and hit jackpot.

The MC has a heart disease from a very young age. He was advised not to go to school and live at home but the MC refuses and continues to go to school. In Kindergarten one of the kids hide his medicine to prank him and he almost dies when he gets the system. Now this system, unlike other systems, is actually broken and binds with the MC in an attempt to save it's own life. It tells the MC that for each "cleansing" he does his life will be elongated.Now by cleansing, what the MC has to do is basically pull out people who do things like drugs, bribery, prostitution,pimping etc in whatever circle he chooses. For example if he becomes a police, he must expose policemen who takes bribes etc. Of course he is an actor and the story begins with him winning the best actor award and becoming a movie emperor.

The characterization of the MC and the ML is very well done. We see that most of the time the MC makes decisions based on which place is shadier so that he can expose them, like choosing a company that would squeeze him, simply because the system told him it is a shady company.
    I love that the system is broken, so the system can't really help the MC beyond giving him vague clues to point out the issues. Sometimes the system is completely wrong, simply because the system doesn't have the energy to operate.

I love how realistic the MC is but at the same time doesn't take us through an angst train. The man lives each day with the clock ticking down to his death and every time the system points out someone to investigate, the MC isn't brainless like most novels and actually has to put things together in a logical way.

The ML like most novels is highly successful and intelligent, but unlike other novels he doesn't immediately fall for the MC, and even when he does fall for him, he is hesitant to act as he knows they live in a circle where everything is watched. Of course there is a scandal where they both wear the same ring and is therefore seen as "married" and any interaction between them is seen through cp eyes, but even then they don't jump into a relationship. The ML knew he was gay for a long time and his family knows too when Ml brought home a pretty boy when he was in high school and his brother caught them kissing.

In fact at the beginning of the novel we see that the ML kind of dislikes the MC. Of course we find out the reason later on, but what I actually love about this novel is just the attraction between them doesn't read like something out of a brain-disabled idol drama. There's attraction between them, there's hesitation, there's so much fun in the interaction that made me smile. For the first time, I wished that the plot was less and the interaction between them was more.
    @Zhen_Qing @alexfilia

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  2. psychobee

psychobee #SilentReader#

Reading List:
    Link
    @Emaris Thanks for the spoiler XD

But how do ML fall in love with MC?
    Or MC fall in love with ML first?

How about the system? Will it be with MC until the end?

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Peachpumpkin likes this.
  3. Emaris

Emaris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML falls first. The method in which he falls is so interesting and is probably the fist 'arc' in the story or the first place exposed by the MC. An actress is pointed out by the system to the MC as 'shady', so he has a private investigator following her. The actress commits suicide one day, and her final phone call is to the ML. The ML and the MC are brought together to the police to help them uncover a drug ring operated by the actress's manager who was forcing her to go along with it.The ML gets to know the MC in this way as they colloborate and bis earlier misunderstandings are solved and starts falling for the MC. Where I am at, the MC is feeling slightly jealous when he sees the ML close to another female actress but I don't think it's love yet.
    I think the system will be with the MC forever as they both need the tasks to survive. Like the first task, had they solved it without the help of the police, they would get like a 100 years but since they did have to use the police, they only get 5 years of life.

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's this?
    A world hopping novel? Transmigration with system?
    The same ML in every world?

Is this alr completed?

5. psychobee

psychobee #SilentReader#

Reading List:
    Link
    How many chapter? Already completed?
    So most of the story is how MC & ML solved the case or cleansing so MCcan have a long life?

crystalirishzz likes this.
  6. Emaris

Emaris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not world hopping. It's in the same world, and they keep solving different cases. The ML helps purely because he is interested in MC.

maya_sov and crystalirishzz like this.
  7. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Emaris, tagging in edit doesn't work. :sweating_profusely:

Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997 @aphrosdiax
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21 @cahmil @crystalirishzz
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly @FanofLiterature @Ficklyfrim
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111 @hiharu @Ha-Ha @HIMETAN
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi @lazykitty_99 @laptop1130
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @RoyalRen @Raebit
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan @Shorng
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince @whitequeen
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx @xxiv @Xinyi2004
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang @yfndsh
    @Zennie_613 @zarya @ZeeRose
    @324722 @2Bon2B

8. Emaris

Emaris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesnt?? Well atleast u still found the rec!!

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  9. Alegria Jones

Alegria Jones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this getting translated??

10. Emaris

Emaris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No clue...someone should though...it's very interesting....especially since the ML and MC have such high EQ

11. PhoenixChameleon

PhoenixChameleon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know how I can get past chapter 16 using google translator? I also can’t figure out how to change to register by email since the register using a +86 phone number doesn’t work. HELP PLEASE!

12. lumicsy

lumicsy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Everyone!
    Just joined the translation world and hoping to pick up this novel as my first project! Glad to see that there are others that love this story/interested in reading and I'll keep you all updated once I get some chapters translated =D

HIMETAN, Monrai, Emaris and 2 others like this.