Discussion I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship, so I Became a Space Mercenary

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by SFBaka, Sep 24, 2019.

1. SFBaka

SFBaka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started this new translation project and was wondering what people's impressions are.

Series Title: I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship, so I Became a Space Mercenary

Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ngest-starship-so-i-became-a-space-mercenary/

Synopsis (WN version):

When I woke up, I found myself inside a spaceship.

I guess you guys think I’m talking nonsense here, but I also have absolutely no clue about what exactly happened to me.

I was really close to completely losing it, but fortunately, I managed to notice that this place was really similar to the world featured in a game I was playing recently.

Am I dreaming? Nope, it’s no dream. Maybe I actually got sent to a different world or something?

But didn’t those things usually involve getting sent to a magical world with elves, dwarves, dragons and whatnot?

In any case, I don’t know what caused this, but I guess I’ll just have to suck it up and live properly in this world from now on.

It’ll be okay. I got my trusty spaceship so I can probably make some money. It’ll work out! It has to!

This is the story of a man abruptly thrown into space along with his private spaceship. He runs around with it and saves damsels in distress along the way, flirts with said damsels, earns money as a merc-for-hire and uses his gaming knowledge to work his way into living freely and easily.

I'd appreciate the feedback guys. And if you ever manage to find any new and interesting sci-fi Japanese web novels on Syosetsu (except for Me, Her and the Ballistic Weapon, I'm already considering working on that one), give me a holler.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    S4TY4 and Cutter Masterson like this.
  2. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    The name is so long that even the title of this thread can't fit it.

3. SFBaka

SFBaka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha. Yeah. Should I revise it?

qwerty1 likes this.
  4. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the longer the better.

raitei likes this.
  5. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I'm fine with long titles, this one seems a bit excessive. The entire part before the "in order to live as I please" seems fine as a title.

SFBaka and Sabruness like this.
  6. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im very interested

7. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to say the old 'that's what she said' joke, but I'm currently mature enough to decided to not to, and not wise enough to keep it completely inside my head.

SFBaka likes this.
  8. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    i gotta agree.

Perhaps put the NU link in your post OP. It would save having to search with that long spiel.

My biggest question on the story is: Is this the usual wishy-washy 'does nothing with the love interests' harem story or does he actually have a functioning set of spherical reproduction tools?

9. Nekorin

Nekorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    here's da link:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...as-i-please-while-aiming-for-a-detached-house

10. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I notice your novel right away due to the length your title and the context. I would read it but I’m waiting on more chapters. So I can binge read it later.
    So YES I’m interested.

SFBaka likes this.
  11. SFBaka

SFBaka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I decided to revise the title and put the long ass (and literal) version as a secondary title. The comments and reactions look promising so far, so I'll work hard to post more chapters.

And yeah, the MC doesn't seem to be your typical Beta JP MC as far as I've read.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  12. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    Loooooong title aside tho, the settings are interesting, while the MC is pretty much ballsy enough.

Thanks for the chapters so far!

SFBaka likes this.