Spoiler I Won’t Accept Your Regrets

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by mmem, Jun 15, 2020.

1. cly23

cly23 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for this i might try to read this

2. rchen106

rchen106 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened with Elijah's maid?

What was the ending of Lize, the antagonist? Edmond? And Lize's family? What about Jeremy? And Duke Droit?

What happens to MC's father, Duke Croft?

3. CaelumBlue

CaelumBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can find those answers in the first page, in the Table of Contents

4. Soara

Soara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, it is perfectly valid for the most part that the ML is not at fault. The thing I can not forgive is that he was a really bad husband and at some point, a really bad friend and this went on for years! Sure, the FL may be “hiding” her feelings, but let’s be honest here, the whole palace and noble society noticed the FL was just terribly upset, but the one who spent YEARS with her could’ve tell ANYTHING wrong? How about the miscarriage incident, she was not hiding her feelings there. She was in depression but all he did was to avoid her when she NEEDED him the most. She has been neglected ever since her miscarriage. All the people pity her! Take a look around! Even a stranger could tell from the situation and gossip! Second of all, looking for the FL after she divorced you for 6 years is not romantic. If it was done in real life, people would call it a obsessive stalker.

5. IrisBay

IrisBay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this novel last year and I read it again this year. But still, I don't like Eli end up to Raymond.
    For my understanding based in the tittle
    " I WON'T ACCEPT YOUR REGRETS"
    Eli should not back together with Raymond, but still they got together.
    The things that happened to Raymond was not a valid reasons for hurting Eli. Yes, Raymond was emotionally hurt by others so why do he need to include Eli for that and do and said those things. In my understanding he was just using Eli feelling for just filling those lack things in his life and need.
    Even though Raymond really regret to it, still I really don't like it. What he regret was for late realising his feeling for Eli but not the cold actions and hurtfull words he done to Eli. So, for me, the missing 6yrs was not enough suffering and reflect for mistake, afterall half life of Eli was wasted on him.
    I maybe sound rude or cold or something but it was my opinion and the way I think.
    If I where in Eli place, I won't be with Raymond even he cry with blood it is a NO NO. About the kid, good and smart kid should atleast understand about the parents situation, he can come and goes to both parent places.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  6. RegisteredToAskAThing

RegisteredToAskAThing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean the same Raymond who sacrificed his life just to save his kid?
    It wasn't an easy path for him and even after sacrificing his life,Eli didn't forgive him easily,and was more worried about her kid losing his father.
    Similar to the black haired red Eyed emperor and Astelle.

Johnwill12 likes this.
  7. Nada Amore

Nada Amore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like he never loved the other girl and just thought he did because he needed emotional support so he became attached.

Who is Igor?

So were Lize and the first prince scamming Raymond from the start to get him to trust and love her?

Johnwill12 likes this.
  8. onionskins

onionskins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... I'm a bit confused by the spoiler.

1. How did Lize become a villain? I mean, in the early chapter, she is described as a kind person, and how does she have a child with the crown prince? did she cheat with CP while dating ML back then?
    2. Why does ML never deny that Edmond is not his son? Had he slept with Lize in the past? (Yeah, I know they both are adults but I just feel bad for Ellie)
    3. Did ML never see Ellie as a potential lover in the past? (I mean yeah Liz did help him, but most of the time Ellie is the one who is always by his side)
    4. So, are ML's feelings for Liz just gone in the present time? Does he easily move on like that?
    5. Why the fuck did the MC come to visit Edmond's birthday party? for what reason? I mean, she knew that she was just going to be a clown.
    6. What happened to Lize after the shitstorm she caused?

9. Isajin

Isajin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys and girls, you can read full main story (chapters 1-171) at pages 10-13 in this thread

Elisee and NoirB like this.
  10. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is he trash? He just doesn't love her. Not his fault. He doesn't treat an innocent person like shit deliberately. Not like in Emperor Reverses Time.

11. Pixy

Pixy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is going to be unpopular, but when I was reading this it seemed like there were distinct parallels between Sovieshu and the female lead in this story. Without discussing with her husband about anything, she just unilaterally decides to divorce her husband and absconds while pregnant with a child her husband doesn’t even know about. I understand why she did this, but still it is remarkably selfish. The parallels are not about what actions she took as much as it is about the decision making process behind it.

If she is honestly doing it for the safety of her child, then her judgment is really poor. To remove her child from a potentially bloody conflict for the throne, she takes him away from the empire and the palace where he (ironically enough) would be more protected. If someone with nefarious plans found them, they would not hesitate to use Carlisle as a tool to gain power and very likely involve him in a bloody situation with no allies or make him a target for assassination with no real protection. This is actually very similar to Liz’s situation, where she returns with Edmond and her family uses him for their political gain and personal grudges, except that Ellie would likely be removed from the picture and Carlisle would have no one. There are precedents for an innocent being used as a pawn and for a violent and bloody struggle for power, without any conclusive evidence that either would occur. Ellie’s influence as an active player in any potential conflicts would likely help ameliorate some of the violence since she is adamantly against that sort of situation.

If she’s making this decision for herself, it still won’t negate the intense conflicting emotions she feels since she didn’t really resolve anything with regard to her emotions. Running away from the marriage and stress is more about removing the symptom without addressing the cause. I thoroughly empathize with Liz on this since my impulse is also to avoid and deny, but this tends to make the problems worse in the long term. Declining to discuss and clarify things with Raymond is just, well, selfish. I get that it’s incredibly painful, but again her behavior is like Sovieshu: unilateral decision to divorce due to flawed, emotionally driven ideas.

From a holistic perspective, it makes sense that Liz goes on this journey. It helps her build up her emotional and psychological strength and it provides time for Raymond to clarify his emotions. He’s got a lot of complex emotional and psychological issues going on, given his PTSD from traumatic childhood. To protect himself, he tries to intellectualize his emotions and is in complete denial about it.

In a strictly archetypal sense, both embark upon a journey to discover themselves. Again, Liz made this a conscious choice and shoved Raymond on his way without his consent. I can empathize with both of them, as they are flawed people trying their best to deal with the situation with the least damage to themselves, but I don’t see a hero or villain here - well, not between the two of them. There’s definitely a whole Jungian “embrace your shadow” situation here*, and I think part of the shadow for both of them is their desire to simply not hurt anymore, without understanding that they need to accept the shadow part of themselves.

The short and sweet (too late!) summary is that the way the main characters in this story deal with painful emotions isn’t intrinsically good or evil. One person’s self preservation can be another person’s trauma. It takes work as an individual and as a couple to make a marriage work. A character in a story may be unlikeable but if they are simply a villain, then the writer is doing a really crappy job.

*Jungian shadow is that it’s the stuff we try to hide because we find it painful or shameful to acknowledge. Basically, it’s all the stuff we dislike or deny about ourselves. I find psychoanalytic thinking to be very useful when I try to empathize with people who act out in negative ways, so I interpret things from that lens (even very simple pop culture stories). Whether or not this makes sense to other people, it helps me find humanity in people. Even if I don’t like them and their actions, I want to understand them and respect them as individuals (or characters). I don’t have to like someone to respect their struggle. I like flawed characters. I think we’re all flawed/damaged ourselves and seeing how the flaws in other people can make them behave in some awful ways. This shows how a person can change and grow through accepting themselves as a whole.

She’s making a whole hell of a lot of assumptions based on fear, though. If there are some people that would hurt Carlisle to push forward Edmond as Crown Prince, there are are also people who would hurt Edmond to press Carlisle as Crown Prince. These people don’t care about the boys as individuals, they view them as tools. Liz and Carlisle might be able to remain undetected but without her position of power as empress, it isn’t realistic to think Liz has much hope of protecting Carlisle from those who would hurt or use him. She ran because there might be a bloody conflict for the throne, but it’s the reverse side of the coin to her assumption that taking Carlisle out of the palace will protect him.

She’s making a whole hell of a lot of assumptions based on fear, though. If there are some people that would hurt Carlisle to push forward Edmond as Crown Prince, there are are also people who would hurt Edmond to press Carlisle as Crown Prince. These people don’t care about the boys as individuals, they view them as tools. Liz and Carlisle might be able to remain undetected but without her position of power as empress, it isn’t realistic to think Liz has much hope of protecting Carlisle from those who would hurt or use him. She ran because there might be a bloody conflict for the throne, but it’s the reverse side of the coin to her assumption that taking him away from the palace is going to protect him.

And which Ellie failed to do towards him as well, since she decided on her own to leave and take their unborn child away.

Honestly, everyone deals everyone else a whole lot of hurt based on their own fears and pain. Ellie runs away, Raymond pushes her away, Liz decided to avenge her love, etc. Everybody hurts and everybody cause others to hurt - just like real life.

She’s making a whole hell of a lot of assumptions based on fear, though. If there are some people that would hurt Carlisle to push forward Edmond as Crown Prince, there are are also people who would hurt Edmond to press Carlisle as Crown Prince. These people don’t care about the boys as individuals, they view them as tools. Liz and Carlisle might be able to remain undetected but without her position of power as empress, it isn’t realistic to think Liz has much hope of protecting Carlisle from those who would hurt or use him. She ran because there might be a bloody conflict for the throne, but it’s the reverse side of the coin to her assumption that taking him away from the palace is going to protect him.

And which Ellie failed to do towards him as well, since she decided on her own to leave and take their unborn child away.

Honestly, everyone deals everyone else a whole lot of hurt based on their own fears and pain. Ellie runs away, Raymond pushes her away, Liz decided to avenge her love, etc. Everybody hurts and everybody causes someone else to hurt - that’s how people work.

Also, no one is addressing the fact that as emperor, Raymond needs to try to hold on to the stability of the empire for the well-being of the people. Since he was led to believe Edmond was his child and Liz didn’t deign to share with him that she’s carrying a legitimate heir, then for the good of the people he should name Edmond as heir apparent. It’s on Liz for making the decision on her own, since Raymond needs to make a decision based on the information he has. If he didn’t name Edmond as crown prince, he would’ve been a horrible emperor.

Not that it excuses his awful behavior, but an emperor is not in a position to marry for love. His primary duty should be for the masses of innocents in his empire. It’s not emotionally satisfying for a leader (or a reader!) to have such a utilitarian view of marriage and children, but much of the conflict in the story arises directly from the need as a leader to protect his citizens. How many lives would be hurt or lost if he just did what he wanted without weighing the consequences? Is it right for thousands of people to suffer so he can be happy? That’s getting into the moral conundrum of do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?

Honestly, everyone deals everyone else a whole lot of hurt based on their own fears and pain. Ellie runs away, Raymond pushes her away, Liz decided to avenge her love, etc. Everybody hurts and everybody causes someone else to hurt - that’s how people work.

Also, no one is addressing the fact that as emperor, Raymond needs to try to hold on to the stability of the empire for the well-being of the people. Since he was led to believe Edmond was his child and Liz didn’t deign to share with him that she’s carrying a legitimate heir, then for the good of the people he should name Edmond as heir apparent. It’s on Liz for making the decision on her own, since Raymond needs to make a decision based on the information he has. If he didn’t name Edmond as crown prince, he would’ve been a horrible emperor.

Not that it excuses his awful behavior, but an emperor is not in a position to marry for love. His primary duty should be for the masses of innocents in his empire. It’s not emotionally satisfying for a leader (or a reader!) to have such a utilitarian view of marriage and children, but much of the conflict in the story arises directly from the need as a leader to protect his citizens. How many lives would be hurt or lost if he just did what he wanted without weighing the consequences? Is it right for thousands of people to suffer so he can be happy? That’s getting into the moral conundrum of do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?

I’m gonna say guilt, self-loathing, and insecurity.

12. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She isn't the only one "not discussing things" with their partner. Raymond does not tell Ellie why he decided to adopt Edmund - he saw how torn up over the miscarriage Ellie was previously and doesn't want her to be pressured to have another child because he believes it'd be hard on her body. He makes this decisions without discussing with Ellie and gaining her input whatsoever. This leaves both the readers and Ellie wondering if Raymond still carries a flame for Liz.

Personally, for me, I don't think Raymond had to love Ellie back. There is no obligation to return someone's feelings just because they live you and are devoted to you. Ellie decided that she was tired to loving and devoting her whole self to Raymond. She decides to leave the marriage and leave the country to protect her child (This isn't the internet age, if you want to disappear into the life of a commoner it's not that hard - no one is chasing your digital footprints and there's much less available record keeping to know that some identity might be forged. On the contrary, staying visible as the mother of a child of a ruler is just asking for people to try to poison/plot to kill your kid). Her decision to leave the marriage is, in my opinion, good for both of them.

Ellie needed distance. She's tired of giving herself onesidely and not getting the reciprocation she wants. Instead of begging Raymond to return her affections, she decides to distance herself to get over her feelings and take care of her own desires and obligations. Raymond also needed the reality check. He's so toxically emotionally dependent on Ellie being there that he is unwilling to see Ellie as a love interest ("friends are forever, but lovers can separate" is a common mentality). It's only when he realizes that Ellie is gone (as friend and lover) that he starts realizing that his feelings aren't as innocent as he thought.

As for the "extremity" of Ellie's actions, you can hardly blame her. Raymond was the one who raised the stakes first by locking her in her chambers and not letting anyone visit without his permission (his toxic reliance and Ellie and need to control her rearing it's head). If he truly respected her and didn't have control issues, he could have just let her return to the duchy and move on with her life and allow her to find her own happiness.

phamtasia, Ceu, otakkau and 1 other person like this.
  13. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly also, her first miscarriage was due to stress and Once Lize came back with the emperors “son” she would’ve gone through nothing but stress once again. Why should she loose her child one more time ??? The emperor was happy his lover came back and no less with his son too. In Ellie’s mind they’re a complete family and she just an outsider or an intruder now so good for her that she left

Ceu, Meonge, otakkau and 1 other person like this.
  14. otakkau

otakkau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    try checking chapter 55/56. i think its around that

15. EleonoreMagi

EleonoreMagi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, I'm just wondering (I'm sorry I haven't fully read the thread), has anyone else brought out an idea that a lot about ML's behaviour can be explained when we assume he's autistic?

One of the main characteristics about an autistic person (when it's at the level when he can function in a society, but have some "wierd" quirks) is that a social interaction circuit is not installed by default.
    They have tremendous problems about noticing, understanding and reacting to other people's emotions and reactions.
    And they also have troubles understanding their own emotions and reactions.
    They kind of freeze when they don't know how to react to something, and it takes longer to find a way to properly react, or they just don't do something that a normal person would do (it might seem obvious you should comfort a distressed person you care about, but it's not obvious to an autistic person if he or she didn't learn it as a pattern).

It's not like ML doesn't feel emotions, oh, he does, sometimes they are out of his rational control, but then he returns to it and desperately tries to understand why he did what he did, why did he react like that?
    And he tries to analyse FL's words and reactions, and honestly wonders why she did what she did.
    It's not a bluff, he really doesn't understand it in the beginning.
    His brain just functions differently.

Yeah, it's not easy to try and be with such a person especially when neither of you realises the person has a problem, and not just an insensible dushbag.
    But I suspect that's what this story is about, and from this perspective it makes a lot more sense.

16. Meonge

Meonge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, babe, I don't really get your "selfish" accusation because I believe everyone should be selfish in their own ways. And with the MC's case, she's SELFLESS all along, giving in to herself and finally putting herself first is what I believe is really rightful above anything else. (I'm on her with this). I have no recollection or any tiny bit of impression of Sovieshit on her. That's really awful to say.

First and foremost, the ML neglects her all these years and didn't give her any ounce or hint of security. Before leaving:
    (1) ML never shows love/affection towards her (either verbally or in action). Encourage her, compliment, hospitality, etc
    (2) She's a direct witness of Ray's love for Lize (the dude's insensitive)
    (3) He didn't comfort her on her miscarriage
    (4) Told her he would not love her
    (5) A witness of lovey-dovey, perfect lovestory and finally reunited couple (with a kid at that:blobawkward:)

It's never safe to assume and it goes both ways. She should have not assume "Ray loves Lize or that Ray would make Edmond the crown prince" but at the same time, it's more harmful and far fetched to assume that "Ray didn't love Lize and didn't care about Edmond" the former is safer to assume imo.

In any case, she act upon it with too much hesitation and finally come to a conclusion. There's a lot more into it. But all I know, I'm a true believer of self-love more than anything else.

I could never wish for anyone to live out their lives for others. At first, Elli did it for the sake of her love but later on did it for self-preservation, it is the right thing to do, (even if it were me), not to have miscarriage and save herself from heartaches.

(And it's really dangerous to assume that Ray would change or get better over time given his history and to think that he would be what he is now without the divorce)

I hate people who didn't take responsibility for their actions and insensitive with the severity of what they did. It's the same with people who get away for their crimes. They did really thought deep of what they have caused the other person?

Maybe no, because they are heartless. But someone like Ray who's broken hearted for his Mother's death, I don't think he's clueless of being abandoned and neglected. Sometimes people should imagine "what if it happens to me".

And lastly, Ray chooses to become emperor because of his own selfishness, also driven by his own EMOTIONS. It's not out of goodwill towards the people and the country. Jokes on him.

What I don't get and would commend is how Elli despite perceiving as "a person who wants to be loved", she never really look for someone new/ somone who loves her.

And lastly, what the gsdahsafhgklk did Elli see in Ray? Lilke what's with that boy? He's pitiful as a kid, mother's boy, airheaded when in love, insensitive and not bright. Ghajahskalpk girl, there's more out there. You're looking for the barest minimum. A HUMAN.

I get that Elli is looking for a perfect family and marriage since she is raised by one. So, I hope she really set a journey of finding it but instead she live quietly, but then on, that's their generation, I could never bear the burden of having an emperor's child:hmm::hmm:

All in all, I think the ML is really lacking, he lacks dynamic, I think he's more of a cannon fodder than a lead, haha. Anyone could do what he had done. I think Lize is a greater character than he is.

What he's just done is to become a neglectful bastard and everyting follows the clichè trope. The man is not even funny, no unique traits, not overbearing, resolute or passionate.

Atleast the MC stay lowkey, she didn't experience being abuse as a child, no imperial struggle, parents are not killed. (She's not extra special, she just live a mediocre life.) To be neglected and not love and finally leave, I think it's in her caliber to do so.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    phamtasia, Ceu and Pearl1995 like this.
  17. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    drama dumping
    A person who tells all of their lover, family or job drama to family, friends and even complete strangers. The person has a lot of stress and frustration in their life and they needed a release. stress, anxiety, family drama, baby drama, lover drama, boyfriend drama, job drama, melodrama...

18. rubyizek

rubyizek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there such thing as FL had given him difficult time and hurtful words before ever forgiving him and in which chapter? (call me sadistic or what, I really like reading the revenge angst part)

Please don't tell me FL forgave him for the sake of Carlisle becoming close with him, or just some good gesture from ML. He deserves at least some cold water poured on him before forgiveness.

How did Lize conceived Edmond, did she cheated with Crown Prince while in relationship with ML?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  19. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Okayyy... After reading all the spoilers, I think the unforgivable thing for me is the title, lol. I expect this like Remarried Empress, since the title implied MC will not forgive the Emperor.
    But, after MC keep stabbity stab the Emperor's heart after she came back, I can forgive him. Like the one that seal the deal is Ellie's word 'You can punish me but I never ever regret hiding our son from you' like HA IN YOUR FACE.

Thanks for the spoilers, I will keep reading this manhwa because I want to see the Emperor's regret and hurting face. He deserve all the hurt, but after he pay for the hurt that Ellie going through, only after then he can be happy.

CaelumBlue likes this.