Recommendations I wonder if novels like this exist......

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by anonymous M.K. 42, Apr 25, 2021.

1. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read novels where the MC pull-himself by his own intiative or his friends helping him but i don't want it to be by falling in love for the heroine or falling in love in general. I have already seen several MC which have mainly self-confidence issues(sometimes very grave to just a little) due various reasons(mostly misunderstanding with women or women being bitches to them, etc.) and the main solution is falling in love with a girl, and start to change to get their love. Well, i have gotten a bit(maybe a lot?) of that pattern at this point so i want to see how those MC change by other factors beside falling in love.

So i would like that someon could tell me if there are novels like this. Mainly jap. novels, i can't particularly follow the ones of other languages.

2. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    Not Japanese but: Overgeared
    They keep reminding you that he's changed.

3. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SSS-Suicide Hunter - haven’t read it yet but heard that the mc changes for the better, if I’m not mistaken.
    The S-Classes That I Raised - mc changes, after being reborn, from an insecure older brother to a good one.
    The Great Storyteller - mc also gets reborn and changes what he regrets.
    All of what I recommend are Korean novels tho.

4. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This. Also this is a SPOILER but calling Grid stupid is like calling someone with a broken leg slow. The author made clear of this on the first hundred chapters and doubled down in the latter chapters.

Anyways, I only read up to chapter 600 since I'm only interested in his character development and is disinterested after that. It got way too ling for me.