Spoiler I Wouldn’t Date a Prince Even If You Asked! The Banished Villainess Will Start Over With the Power

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kawaii12345, Jan 17, 2021.

1. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Wouldn’t Date a Prince Even If You Asked! The Banished Villainess Will Start Over With the Power of Magic~

[​IMG]
    Description:
    I won't lose heart!

This is a story about a villainess who makes a comeback with the help of magic after being driven out of her own country!

Cecelia is a former noble exiled from her mother country after the crown prince broke off their engagement on top of making some false accusations.

She flees with her mother to a neighboring country, Theophilus. Hiding her identity, she makes up her mind to survive even if it means living a poor life. Just when she settles into the commoner lifestyle, Albert (her childhood friend and the crown prince of Theophilus) appears before her?

Raw: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9191fz/
    Manga: https://mangadex.org/title/59840/i-...ll-start-over-with-the-power-of-magic/covers/

Looks like fun the "Heroine" is the half sister from a mistress who gets the protag and her mom banished

lostross, 111333, sclxil and 13 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Another sisters fighting each other? I hope one day princes in these novels being less dumb and step/half 'heroine' sisters being less bitchy.

5. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of sorry I posted this one
    opening

Cecelia Bradley our MC is the dukes daughter who was accused of bullying her illegitimate half sister, having her engagement annulled and exiled along with her mother from the country. Along the way out they are robbed reduced to poverty Cecillia is the sole means of support for them and her mother is reduced to insanity.

While she is working as a seamstress and hiding under an assumed identity her childhood friend Albert the crown prince of the country she is in shows up and forces her to meet him in his castle.

Albert introduces Cecilia to woman named Reiri who turns out to be a witch and demonstrates that Cecilia is a witch as well. Albert turns out not to have always been on Cecilia's side but rather was mind controlled by Aangellica (the half sister), He's done things he is ashamed of, Cecilia isn't forgiving, Using a carrot (take care of Cecilia's mom) and carrot (go back and trash Angelica) he convinces her to go back and take down Angelica

They infiltrate the country and notice i less than two years it's gone to crap. Banditry is on the rise taxes have soared and the military has slacked off. They manage a meeting with Cecilia's younger brother who wants to marry Angelica (his half sister). Cecilia's familiar (a griffon that can morph into a fur ball or a human) frees the brother by eating parasites that have been infesting him.

Next they head to the capitol to meet wit Angelica on the pretense of delivering a gift from the brother. That fails because Angelica has decided she should be the next duchess and has convinced dad to toss him out.

Plan B. They meet with the top general cure him of the affliction Angelica has put him under. Angelica wants him dead and she's looking to include his son in her harem which is set to include every decent looking nobleman in the country ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Using the generals connections they invite the noblemen over and a few at a time and free them

Angelica picks up that there's not so many guys showing up to her parties and at the prompting of her mom gets the general imprisoned (crippling the country's defense).

We get A pov from Angelica's side, where we see she's either a crazy person that thinks she can have every man in the country or a reincarnator that thinks they are in an otome game or both?

Cecilia and Albert crash Angelica's party. They argue while the familiar is going around freeing people, Turns out Angelica is not the witch, just crazy it's her mom behind it all. They knock her amongst all the men who are no longer in love with and will be waking up really upset about all the things they have done.

They head to the dukes mansion to confront deb (the mistress aka Angelica's mom), find she's killed the duke (guess she really has a hate for Cecilia). Cecilia and her familiar fight deb. They win game over

Very linear and unsatisfying

7. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If that wasnt the most generic tropey shit I've ever read

Checks all the boxes

SammieUy, Ice_Rose, layyu and 15 others like this.
  8. psychofreak

psychofreak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, does she indeed not date a prince? With how cliche everything is I'm guessing that she still did in the end. I'll be surprised if she indeed did not date one after all that.

Ice_Rose, Taruna, Creolenerd and 10 others like this.
  9. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lets hope they will not lol.

on the current chapter i read, MC treat albert and his aide/serge with contempt. she is very unfriendly and rude to both of them. she actually didnt want to help him or his country at all. she also didnt care about her honor, what use of honor when she one of highest ranking noble can be thrown away like a trash at her prime. but the witch reiri are really smart, she sweet talk MC to do it for her mom. her innocent mom are now insane because of angelica/heroine would she actually let that slide? afterall if MC able to dispel angelica, her mom honor and wealth would be restored too. so she agreed to help because her mom are her everything right now.

before she depart she berate albert to not whine to her since this mess are also caused by him (she even refer him as one of the root of evil), albert can only apologize. hope its worth MTL`ing lol, ah i kinda scared to skip to the climax lmao.

10. Azure_1802

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler!
    I guess the 'villainess' stories are going down the hill

11. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    Generic tropes can be fine but this one was just so badly done. Her mother has maybe a paragraph or two interaction with her and is more like a prop than a character. Her brother is there to establish she can cure people nothing more. Angelica gets to rant for 1 chapter out of 86. Deborah the actual main villain nothing just a real pointless destructive actions. Albert is very wooden.

She seems to be a little close to Albert at the end. But no idea what happens after. No idea what Angelica's final fate or anyone else's is for that matter, maybe there will be an afterward

I think it's just this author. They also did, My Sister Forced Me to Give Up My fiance. The one where the MC jumps in the volcano

12. Azure_1802

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk, not only this one or the other you said (MC jumped into a dragon's den and became his wife) but also the novels, manga and manhwa i read recently of this genre aren't really good or maybe it's just me getting bored with them, i do like those with seinen tag while the shoujo and josei are mostly about mary sue, sisters punching each other or 'everyone are trashes except MCs'.
    The manhwa i like are on hiatus for new seasons, and the manga are taking forever to update (●´⌓`●)

Ice_Rose, layyu, Muskaan2004 and 8 others like this.
  13. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cliché can be good if done right. If it follows the tropes while not being do dull it can scratch that itch you have for a spefic story. Unfortunately this is a rather blah story over all that doesn't really succeed in doing that. One of the really disappointing parts about it is that it has stuff in it that could have lead to a good and interesting story if handled differently.

The real villiain actually being the heroines mother, the Heroine thinking she was in a game and not thinking about how the situation actually was, MC not forgiving people who threw her aside and that tossing out a top astrocrat for tiny shit being really bad. How interfering with those arranged marriages for high society actually majorly f****d things up for the country.

I like the villainess trope but the market is getting flooded with to many low tir crudy knock offs.

14. nutsforsein

nutsforsein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thnx a lot for saving me from losing the last two brain cells I have left. This kind of shitty typical fufufu JP plot triggers me the most:blobsmile:

PS I can’t stop agreeing to all of the comments above mine hahahhaha

kawaii12345 likes this.
  15. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay...
    tbh the plot at first are quite interesting

the villain spread the witch song to amplify their power everytime someone sing the song to use national scale fascination magic? wow the villain spend quite a lot of time to prepare that

because most young lords are bewitched they didnt properly handle their fief/area and that lead to a lot of problem. high tax lead to starvation, starvation lead to crimes for survival? wow its like domino effect to destroy the country or something.

MC little bro are now in deep shit because he draw his sword at crown prince because of jealousy (fortunately he is physically weak so nothing bad happen), and his rights as duke successor are scraped by his dad and he give it to angelica? woah we can see a pattern here. MC brother back to normal and felt so guilty blah blah. MC are like gross.

rieri spend most of her time separated with the gangs? sus

a buff male witch exist! and his name is gallian. how is that possible? oh you silly goose, its because he is maiden at heart~ fortunately he is not bad (just a little jealous of MC but later they become allies) he also told MC that he never meet a witch named rieri before... dun dun dun the plot thickens

later MC meet with rieri singing a witch song... but the song are about MC, rieri spread a new witch song to help MC and to cut the villain source of power. rieri confess that she is actually not a witch but a spirit (the same kind as MC griffon), thats why she need a lot of time to dispel the fascination magic on albert. she is a rebellious spirit of "that woman" and she want to stopped her. woah i wonder what happen?

later MC and albert meet with marquis levins, the famous war general of the kingdom. he is now really thin and bedridden. MC notice the same worm-like/bug-like magic around him and dispel it. turn out he is cursed because he oppose angelica! holy, she sound so evil and competent. then they ambush his son bernard and dispel his fascination magic, he also apologize to MC... and MC accept it because he didnt care about him. what.

and then we can see angelica POV. instead of cunning evil mastermind like leila from DITOEFV she is like "im like the heroine. my half-sister are so much prettier than me, and she is like, the fiancee of crown prince. that is like, soo unfair. she is like, villain or something uwu. everything are like, supposed to be mine uwu. but wow, suddenly the world trying to correct it self into my liking? well as it supposed to be uwu. oh no, my half-brother lost his right as duke successor because of me? that is like, so sad. what? father make me as the next successor of the duchy? wow, that is like, a nice tittle for a heroine like me uwu". barf barf barf.

then MC and the gangs invited themselves to the imperial castle as official party from albert kingdom. at the time angelica hold a tea party with only boys there. when albert and MC confront them, angelica are like "noo~ dont fight over me uwu~ albert you dont need to do this for my attention uwu~" holy f. then MC dispel the boys fascination magic and realized that angelica arent witch. oh thank god, the real villain are out there.

MC realized deborah (angelica mother) are the real witch, so she fly to the duchy with her griffon, alone, without any help from the gangs :notlikeblob:. when she got there MC dad already dead, MC are sad because she cannot spit on his face or something and told him that he is trash. MC and deborah fight, since MC too stronk deborah start to use reverse fascination magic and start showing some depressing stuff.... and of them are albert being lovey dovey with angelica... (what! so you like him!! when you pretty much insult him the entire story!) but with power of plot armor from gallian, she somehow won.

rieri come to MC side as a cute polar bear to say goodbye and dissapeared along with deborah. albert rushing to MC side and both of them hugging together... okay, so what are deborah motive? why she doing all of this... eh? this is the last chapter?! wait what!!!?

the last chapter are uploaded at 2021/01/09, hope this is not the end :blobhyperthink:

16. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, is it just me, or do most MC Villains get named after Cecilia, Cecil, and Mary, Violet?
    It's always that Crown Prince dipshit breaking off the engagement.
    Do all Japanese mangas just like making these cliché shoujo stories?? Damn!

17. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    U forgot Rosemary xp:blobpats::blobjoy: