Recommendations Ice-cold MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by TrueHistoria, May 9, 2019.

1. TrueHistoria

TrueHistoria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for novels which revolves around a male or female main protagonist who is cold as ice.

I don't mean he must've ice cold powers and I do not prefer two protagonists. What I do, is only one--male or female--and his/her personality.

First of all, I will cite 10 examples that fit such characteristics:

1. Prefers to utter few words and doesn't wastes his time on babbling nonsensical. He should be distant, emotionless and reticent, and people who see him--cheerful girls, for example--consider him boring or weird. But that's just how he is: stoic like a statue in a full of drama situation, unexpressive of his feelings, and may have no feelings.

2. A kind and lovable human being to his family, yet still retains his silent demeanor. However, he is a devil incarnate to those who will endanger his life and his beloved ones. He may have another identity: one shrouded with darkness, death, evil, mystery, and riddles who his family and people he acquiainted, are unknown and unaware of.

3. Apathetic and unassuming, he may look like he doesn't care should injustice happen around his line of sight, but deep inside is the urge to help out. However, his way of doing things will not be painless and smooth. Every self-entitled and spoiled brat heroes always shout, "Stop this! You're insane!" or "This is for my friends!" or "I won't forgive you!" or "That's crazy! Why did you do something like that?!" whatnot, and then minutes of skirmishes later, they are lying on the ground like a tortured animal, winning eventually after some insufferable edgy plot armor. Unlike those characters, he is a cold-hearted monstrosity that his attack to those malicious bastards will be several times painful compare to what they did earlier.

4. Never ask for any compensation and reward from the people who will benefit from what he's done. He just wants to do what he must, and leave when he's done. However, despotic people, prideful nobles and self-entitled elitist are what disgust the most of him.

5. Not interested in every inch and nook of body parts of women and never desires to be in a relationship with an opposite sex. Not interested in selecting any subordinates to do his work and never intends to pick up slaves to satisfy himself. A man who prefers to achieve, do, and obtain things by himself, all on his own.

6. Stays away from unnecessary conflicts and willingly do what a person demands, but should his patience loose, he will be merciless and unforgiving.

7. Tends to hide his power, skills and strength which he is overpowered, unparalleled and unrivaled of, but when situations asked, there is no holding back to achieve, do and obtain what is needed.

8. Even if he puts himself in a bad light, even if it makes people who know him dislike him, and even if it leads to betrayal of his beloved ones to him, he will never shy away of doing demonic and grotesque things such as killing people, and not even an ounce of regret thereafter. A man who probably enjoys slaughtering those who deseve to kiss death.

9. Diplomatic meetings, persuasive beggings and smooth talks are not the best thing to resolve a conflict, so he never wastes his time with doing such. He should be capable of assassinations, espionage and such that requires stealth skills.

10. One who doesn't get interested and never chase anything related to fame, luxury, status, titles, women and wealth. He doesn't sit on his chair all the time, for he wants to do things himself and make his body do action. He doesn't always bark orders and never let anyone act as his arms and legs to do his bidding, for he has his own arms and legs and he will complete his task alone, without relying to anyone. "Let's do this together! We will succeed and victorious!" is definitely not in his vocabulary.

>>>><<<<

Second, I will cite genres according to my likes and dislikes:

A. Preferables
    1. Action
    2. Adventure
    3. Dark Fantasy
    4. Drama
    5. Fantasy
    6. LitRPG
    7. Magic
    8. School Life
    9. Supernatural

B. Non-preferables
    1. BL
    2. Historical
    3. Mecha
    4. Military
    5. Multiple MCs/Multiple POVs
    6. Seinen Ai
    7. Shoujo
    8. Sports
    9. Yaoi
    10. Yuri

>>>><<<<

Third, I will cite 4 novels that really fit my criteria:

1. Forgotten Conqueror by Za1d3
    2. Main Character Hides His Strength by RoadWarrior, OppaTranslations
    3. King's Dark Tidings by Kel Kade
    4. Reincarnation Paradise by 那一只蚊子

>>>><<<<

Lastly, this is a SPOILER ALERT.

I will include sone lines from Forgotten Conqueror which has the best of what I want. This is to further make what I want more clear.

[Attempting a solemn bow with his tiny body, “I am sorry for causing you trouble. It is because of me, that such unfortunate–.” '…events befell you.' But before he could finish the sentence, he was in a tight embrace.]

[“There is nothing to worry about, my lady. I was watching the training and seeing my fascination, Ranor had only wanted to help teach me a few of the forms to quench my curiosity.” Instead of an explanation from Ranor, Kaidus was the one who had spoken up.]

[Kaidus drew away from staring them down. “Consider yourselves lucky, for this life has taken too much already.” Kaidus spoke, grinding his teeth to suppress the urge to obliterate the two in front of him. “Know that your insignificant lives mean nothing to me. I am here for answers, not to join in on your petty squabbles. Leave me be, or there will be no next time.” He advised, before walking away.]

["Please, raise your head, Lord Varath.” Kaidus spoke in his usual calm tone. “I do not refuse because of my gifts. I refuse, because I will not be the shackles that binds your daughter. I will not keep her from her freedom, and rule over her life. I implore you to let this notion of marriage go, and allow the future to unwind as it will. Sylvia is a beautiful young girl. I know that she will one day find a partner befitting her.”]

[“I will now leave with the girl. As soon as the walls come down, you will go call for help for your friends. If they are treated quickly enough, they may yet live. Their life is in your hands. That is more than the chance you all would have given this girl.” Kaidus spoke indifferently. “One more thing.” Kaidus spoke again, turning to look the boy in the eyes, and making sure everyone heard him. “Do not look for me, or dare to do anything else like this. Next time I hear about such a thing, I will kill all of you. Stay out of my sight.” He warned as he left.]

[“I have conceded to your demands, and now you want to change the rules?” Kaidus asked, glaring at the unreasonable man.]

[“I apologize, but I cannot accept it. I did not help because I desired a reward.” Kaidus spoke, unwilling to take the small fortune that was offered. Not because he knew of their origin, but because anyone would have helped in that situation if they could.]

[Stepping towards those who were frozen and poised to attack him, “you all followed me meticulously for days, even going out of your way to stage an elaborate hoax. Now you think I believe you, just because you tell me you would stop?" His calm voice rang sharply through the room. "I am baffled by your naïvety.” The seven attempted to shout back, but nothing came out of their mouths.“Fear not. All those 'information' that you refuse to disclose? You will fill me in on the details.” He grinned.]

[“I do, headmaster. But titles are not what I am after.” He replied without a second thought. Status was but an idea of the rich and powerful to flaunt their wealth and step on those less fortunate. He has already seen and experienced firsthand what money and status could do, and he wanted none of it for him and his family.]

“You wish to know who I am…” The voice spoke. Zavon silently waited for the mysterious voice to identify himself. “I am the echoes of those who had been slain by the metal of injustice. I am the shadows of men long silenced and hidden from the light. I am he who rides the black winds of carnage. I am death himself. Prepare yourself, for when next we speak, it will be face to face. And you will know that your death has come.” The voice answered in riddles. The ring in his palm suddenly emitted a bright light before fading and turning into a normal ring. Zavon attempted to connect again with this mysterious foe, but the connection had been destroyed.]

[“How about I keep my money, and I grind you all into dust and sprinkle your ashes into the wind? Parasites like you all do not deserve to live.”]

[“How long you retain that pitiful life of yours, I do not know.” Kaidus walked past Zavon, and the screaming stopped. Another silence spell had been implemented against the man. “I will obliterate Tal’hrus, and you will die here knowing you brought about its ruin.” Unlike that of a child, a man’s voice: imposing, filled with determination and hatred slither and coiled around Zavon’s throat, crushing it slowly. A sudden gust blew from behind him, and the presence of the boy vanished. On the verge of death, his name surfaced within his mind. Bleeding and unable to voice any spells, Zavon’s eyes teared as death overtook him.]

[He looked and gave Anise a smile, seeing the little girl putting her hair down to compare with the flower. He turned around to face Sylvia with a more solemn face. “I know quite well your parents still have something planned for us, but if it means forcing you to hurt yourself for my sake then you–.”]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  2. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every bit of your description reminded me of Lan WangJi, the Iceberg Adonis. Too bad he's from a BL novel.

4. Har D Rai

Har D Rai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ongoingwhy likes this.
  5. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  6. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    ...too bad, indeed.

There are 2 things that bother me:
    1. Reliance of the "AI Chip,"
    2. Getting all cocky, prechy and prideful due to #1.

As I said on my post: I don't select multiple point-of-views and multiple protag's.

7. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll look into this.

This one, too.

Included.

And this.

I've read it a while ago, but then dropped it for some reason.

There is one word describing this novel which really irritates me:

Pompous.

It's description bothers me. I don't prefer an MC who, throughout the story, is just manipulating befind a curtain and sitting on his chair while barking orders.

I've been reading it and it actually fits, but decided to put it on-hold after 130+ chapters.

Dropped it for some reason a while ago.

I also discontinued reading it a long time ago.

8. Har D Rai

Reading List:
    Link
    Heads up for heart of one piece , in the beginning mc do behave like an edgy teen when he recently got his power , like letting enemy live etc, but that's the part of the story I like because he matures .

9. 3xtBlade

3xtBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Charm of Soul Pets

10. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation Paradise - Su Xiao is cold and doesn't waste any words on his enemies. In one of the chapters, he even mentions that he prefers gloating only after the enemies are dead. However, he still has those he cares about. In the beginning, he was only avenging the murder of his (adopted) parents but he later gained companions like a dog, a minotaur, a cat, and a vulture. Honestly, the story really improved once the dog appeared. In fact, the Chinese readers often joked that the dog is the actual protagonist.

11. MusicFromMiles

MusicFromMiles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    I just went and read Reincarnation Paradise up to the latest translated chapter (135).

I think I understand now why it's dubbed as #1 fan-fic' in China. It is surprisingly great!

However, the quality of translation needs a lot of improvement. Its like a MTL and then is lazyly or poorly edited, or maybe it's just a MTL.

There are still more than one thousand and half chapters to go, so this adventure is still has a long way to go.

This has almost of what I want. Thanks for recommending.

13. Babinzki

Babinzki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a translated version of Heart of One Piece anywhere? I can only seem to find MTL.

14. Har D Rai

Reading List:
    Link
    No there is none , mtl on comrademao is descent though

15. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    MusicFromMiles likes this.
  16. TrueHistoria

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there decent translations of these two?