Idea for a Coiling Dragon fanfic!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by AardwarkThe2nd, Mar 1, 2016.

1. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    He hasn't mastered the Laws of Time, but has comprehended enough to send his soul back.

2. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    On the surface, there is no way to master Space Time laws. But this is Linley. He creates a way.

3. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    How do I put it.... it doesn't sound like Linley. It resembles Nie Li from TDG actually lol.

And all they would have to do was run away and stay in their own planes. They would be safe that way. Or take a Fate Oath to not harm Linley anymore and ask him for forgiveness.

But it's a novel after all. If I went on talking about some plot holes, I would have zero novels to read.

4. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    it half sounds like the plot was an excuse because you wanted to get rid of the family so he focuses on training. Oh and how he now is a paragon of every law and edict cause he needs to be perfect damn it!

5. Titos

Titos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about your fanfic, but I do feel like reading CD again now.

6. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, no. A Grandmist Expert combines the 4 Laws of Fire, Water, Earth, Wind. Linley combines all the Laaws and Edicts, becoming an Expert who leaves Grandmist Experts in the dust. By the way, I typed this after reading Desolate Era. At the end of the story, Linley is supposed to be reborn into the Desolate Era world as Meng Lin. Unfortunately, that will never be, because I'll never write this story.

7. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, WTF that is a massive DE spoiler, bro!!!!!! Throw it in a box and hide it away!!!!

And, from what I understand, one automatically becomes capable of controlling all of the other Edicts and Laws after reaching Grandmist. It's what allows them to create entire universes.

8. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    That was prologue, you know that, right? The story begins when Linley goes back in time to save his family.

9. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah that makes it somewhat better...
    i thought hongmeng made it clear in the epilogue no f******* with space or time with anything outside of small exceptions like divine abilities?
    actually as you put it. He's linley he'll find a way

10. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, let me rephrase it.

AT THE END OF MY (NON-EXISTENT) STORY, LINLEY IS REBORN INTO THE DESOLATE ERA UNIVERSE AS MENG LIN.

No spoilers. Meng Lin sounds cool as fuck, it is a nice name.

11. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I got that so confused~

12. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, my thread has garnered a pretty amazing response. I just had this idea today and needed to vent it. That's why I just registered at Novelupdates and posted it in a thread.

Linley is pretty OP, yet most of his abilities are nerfed. He can't use Laws because his soul is fucked up, he can't use Space Time laws because it might create a temporal distortion. He can use Will, but it's pretty restricted because his soul has been weakened.

So, Linley will be relying on Spells, Formations, Artifacts, etc. His goal is to save everyone he has lost with his limited power.

To begin with, he'll save Doehring by creating a new body for him. His mother is to be saved too. After that, he will have to seduce Delia, which is something he has no experience in... He'll have to save the 4 Divine Beast Clan, and finally, take revenge on the Sovereigns who opposed him...

Linley will be a little overprotective towards his loved ones. He won't ignore his kids like in the original, but will raise them with proper values. (What are proper values in a xianxia world...?) There will be more Slice of Life segments in this work.

I just don't have the patience to write this out. So, I would like it if anyone would pick this up. If the writer wants any advice, I'll be happy to provide it. Please, someone, pick this up.