Idea for cultivation system

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Ram5, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to create an original and currently thinking a cultivation system that is not plagiarizing, or at least not completely, I have an idea that instead of absorbing energy, the practitioner can only manipulate the energy around them; their physic, mental, and soul that will determine how far of their achievement, and in every realm, they can perform new feat, for example; in the first realm, they can only borrow the energy to increase their strength or speed based on the martial art they practiced, in the second realm, they can borrow the energy to unleash special attack such energy shot or energy beam, also began to manipulating elements around them.

So what do guys think? Or do you have any advice for me?

Also, if anyone currently also thinks the same with me, you can ask for advice here, don't be shy!

2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    How about having a tattoo that can make cultivation spirit energy purer and the tattoo changes after devouring enemies with similar tattoo or bloodline making the main character stronger and if he meets a woman who he can dual cultivate that has similar tattoo it will strengthen both of them by huge margin.

Ram5 likes this.
  3. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Great idea, kind of magi crest-like Fate series, the brand increase the cultivator strength but devouring seems exaggerated, maybe just take or rob the brand away, and this actually can be a good plot for a story, a villain who stealing sects or clans brand to get stronger, hunting MC thorough the story.

aegis062 likes this.
  4. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    im great with ideas not great at writing it's a curse not being able to explain whats in my head it has always been a struggle to write it down for others to understand what I think.

5. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Try to use an example, that's what I did when I felt like people might not understand, also have you try writing before?

6. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    I did, but not online just a few short stories for college project in the past.

Ram5 likes this.
  7. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivators can only do energy manipulation without energy absorption? Fact checked!
    Psyche or mental strength are the same thing, no need to differentiate them. Correction!
    Soul can arguably be one unit with mental strength/power/fortitude, but we'll view them as separate parts of the cultivator. Fact checked!
    Query 1
    How can a cultivator use energy to amplify their natural reflexes or physical power without absorbing said energy? Contradiction detected!
    Manipulate energy into energy beams/shots/cannons/ or the like; similar to Dragon Ball's energy attacks. Fact checked!
    Manipulate elements in the same realm as higher mastery over energies? Elemental manipulation should be in a realm higher or a special case in your system. Correction!

Query 2
    How many realms are established in your cultivation world? A cultivation system is what constitutes the reality of the world. The world is both the lifeforms residing there and the world itself as a whole. There should be rules of the fundamentals before expanding what cultivators can do with what already happens and exists; and with them learning or mastering the replications of such fundamentals of the world (as a whole).

Query 3
    Are there pseudo/quasi realms in between your cultivation hierarchy?

Query 4
    Does the energy possess zero properties related to the elements or is it all elements into one primal energy permeating the atmosphere?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  8. keny2020j

keny2020j Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    external meridian system that similar to tatoo or magical circle on mc back. custom made by mc and only usable by him. able to adjust the energy to utilize all element and all type of skill or dao.

9. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything that is MC only is very very dangerous. Its a point where world building often breaks.

10. keny2020j

keny2020j Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. Then how about this way of cultivation is different of each people using it? But it limited to people who have defect meridians only since birth. Which is very rare. And those normal people who attempt to learn it get disable and artificial defect meridians are not working too