Ideas for this prompt

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by ATrueStory, Jun 16, 2020.

1. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    If you think the plot is crazy, I agree with you.

Background: this is a write-a-thon, where a group of writers I belong to go for a prompt and build a story around it. So, basically, it’s my turn and unfortunately, it revolves around unrequited love (which irritates me personally) and misunderstandings (doncha love them?).

Prompt goes like this. Guy (O) is friends with Girl (G) but he 1st writer puts them in an arranged marriage (classic). They don’t see each other coz they are from different places but girl encourages another guy (M) to befriend O coz G thinks O is lonely. Eventually, M falls for O but does not say anything coz he knows the arranged marriage thing and he knows that the two are childhood sweethearts (trope, I know). M confesses to O, G walks to the scene (trope, trope, trope) misunderstands that O rejects M, G goes back to her place and her brother (Q) is mad. G suffers from Hananaki disease (look it up), dies from it. Word gets to M and O, but they cannot go coz Q hates O’s guts (typical big brother wolf mode) to the skies. Q does have a son (T) that looks like a male version of G. Now, the current plotline is O thinks T is his kid coz of resemblance to G.

When I received this part, I was LOLing and LMAOing but I have to write the next part. My plan is just to kill everyone but they tell me it wasn’t allowed. Also, reviving the dead is also out of the question.

I’m planning just to write confrontation scenes between Q and O but I don’t want to delve into M and O’s relationship coz I’m not familiar with best friends to lovers relationships. I am currently scouring forums like reddit for clues but I am still clueless.

Any advice to write this is appreciated.

2. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can write about how M and O have a large argument because O believes it's M's fault for falling in love with him that G died. In despair, M kills himself and O once he hears that goes insane from loneliness because now his best friend and wife to be are dead and both died due to him having some part in it. In his fit of insanity, he thinks T to be his dead fiance and you can have Q confront O.

Was this too much? I feel like this is more than you asked for sorry if it's too specific.

3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Q and O have more children F U C K, M and O also have kids, named Y O U. And they all get married, some with harem coz obviously the numbers don't match up.

4. anonmily

anonmily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god that is one clusterfuck of a story.... Oof.

Not sure of the background/details (is it supposed to be BL? Also did G die because she loved O?), but here are some ideas:
    • What if G is not really dead? Maybe she faked her death to escape from the arranged marriage/for the happiness of O or to induce her family to enact bloody revenge on M? Or maybe she was murdered by someone who cares for M...
    • What if G’s infatuation with O was actually an enchantment/curse her family and O’s family put on her to make her obedient? And what if by dying she broke the curse. So then she becomes a spirit that suddenly realizes what was done to her and takes bloody revenge
    • Or maybe what if G transmigrates into T after her death because T is actually a clone Q made using G’s genes. And maybe O starts to like T, or T/G sees O and M growing closer. Or G (in T’s body) finally realizes that Q had indecent feelings towards her...
    uhhh I can probably keep going for a while xD Hopefully something helped spark your inspiration there

5. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    God, people actually responded. Thanks for all your replies.

Gen 'rules'
    1. No retcon. Means no time travel, no raising of the dead and no undoing of what others already written, especially if it's a major plot point
    2. This is set fairly in a modern setting. I can inject magic but I will have to do all the worldbuilding
    3. Any ideas that cant be included due to the no retcon rule can be used for a stand-alone/one shot
    4. No Everybody Dies (sigh)
    5. Canon pairing is G and O; O and M is possible (BL) as long as it is written realistically
    5. Rated PG only unless you're a good smut writer (I'm not)
    6. Any crack fic is okay for stand-alone/one shot
    7. no Incest, selfcest, twincest or any kind of cest.

Some plot points to add
    - there's one writer who is very good at smut but its only F/M. G and O already did the nasty because they were horny at least two times. And those scenes were novel worthy smut scenes.

Q: How did they do the nasty?
    A: 1st smut scene was G's sweet 16. G asked for it as a birthday gift. The level of sneaking around is clap worthy.
    2nd smut was the two used the typical teen excuse of going somewhere but went to another. G and O snuck around and met halfway.

- O and G's families are distant branches of some one main family.
    - characters are all in late teens 17 to 20. Q is around 20-25. T is 4 to 8 yrs old.
    - We are still undecided whether T is gonna be a girl or a guy. T just appeared in one scene so T can be either way. The current consensus is T is androgynous.

Nope. Your reply isn't too much. I think I can do this. Angst is kinda my forte. Q comforting O is possible and I can insert a scene where O is clinging to T like the latter was a lifeline. Also, Q can be somewhat a foster brother to O? I dunno but the idea is currently growing in my head

OMG. is this omegaverse PWOP crackfic? O reduced at the mercy of alpha Q and M. If so, I love it for the one-shot. Nice names, by the way.

Canon is G did love O. She died from Hananaki disease (you cough up flowers until the plant inside your body kills your breathing). Canon wise it is treated as a very rare disease; it only happens if you have unrequited love. My interpretation is G leaves O but still loves him. The previous writer said in her POV, G is in a hole of denial when she saw O and M in the confession scene.

1. I can't undo the canon in the prompt but this idea is a good thing for a revenge AU. I like the idea of bloody revenge on M. M's character is your typical nice guy so he plotting to kill G can be a good twist.

2. This is also interesting and it may require me to do a little worldbuilding since it borders on spiritual/fantasy. Also, maybe need to tweak the family background

3. I'm a fan of transmigrated novels so this is also a good candidate. Sorry no GxQ. no cest rules.
    The clone idea is very interesting and gives a new perspective.
    OxM is still possible based on the rules though if I write that as BL, I think I will be heading to the revenge route where I can use the situation in 1.
    I'll ask if TxO is possible since it might border on underage/underage consent. on the high end, O is 20 and T is a 8. Huge huge gap.

Keep them coming. Your ideas are really good. Why I haven't thought of transmigration is beyond me.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  6. anonmily

anonmily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oo...so hanasaki disease as in literally coughing out flowers??? Ah and I was thinking in terms of Q having unrequited/one-sided obsession/love to G. But hmmm in that case:
    • What if the plant inside her is not because of hanasaki disease but planted by M on his behalf (intentionally or unintentionally) due to his feelings of longing towards O? And if he eats the flowers that grow from her corpse he will become more and more like her in O’s eyes and steal her fate? Maybe M is actually part plant demon and he didnt realize this until his powers killed her. Or maybe he (or his friend) did it intentionally.
    • Or maybe its the opposite and G is the demon, and her love for O (which may or may not have been instilled in her by family) was what was helping to keep her holding onto humanity. The hanasaki disease killed her, but she’ll sprout and be reborn from her old corpse eventually? Orrrr...maybe the plant thaf killed her was planted by G and O’s family with the plan to harvest it from her when it was ripe from feeding on and encouraging her love and desires, but because G’s heartbreak and questioning of the relationship, the plant became starved and consumed its host instead...
    • What if T has no gender? And/or what if he isnt human at all? Maybe like G s/he was meant to be a vessel or maybe they sprouted from the same kind of seed.
    • What if Q was the mastermind behind G’s death so that he could “save” her from O? Maybe T was always meant to be G’s backup vessel, and after G’s death she goes into T’s body....or maybe she revives but loses her memories?
    • Hmm if its the age difference, maybe we can have T age faster because of being a clone/not human? Or maybe kill off O too and have him transmigrate as well....>.> (They’re not teeeeechnically all dead? Ehehe.) Maybe killed by Q or M. Cause what kind of love doesn’t kill?