Novel IE - The Devil Incarnate - Chapter [1 - 12]

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Hazert, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read my story and give me comment or feedback, I'll really appreciate also it may give me some boost to write it more and faster

Synopsis : [Reserved in the coming future]

Genre : Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Table of Content

PS : New update after my long absence, I'll try to continue the story but I'm lacking in motivation (-.-)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  2. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 - Meet the Angel

“Hmm…where is this place?”

It seems I accidentally come to some unknown place.

I keep trying to recall my memory but it is so fuzzy and I can’t remember anything.

“Welcome, Illuvan Exceed.”

At the voice calling me, I instantly turn to face the direction the voice coming from.

“Who’re you?”

There I can see one person standing, it has long silky blonde hair, her face is far beautiful than any other woman I ever seen and she release mysterious aura surrounding her.

“I’m the one who been given the task to inform you.”

She seems to be here by someone order.

“What is it you wanted to tell me?”

“Your troublesome ability, I’m here to grant your wish in exchange for something.”

Hearing those words coming out of her, I’m stunned then time seems advance slowly while I’m trying to understand what she meant.

Is it possible she know about it…?

“Yes, I know about what grieve you all these years. Incidentally I also know what you’re thinking right now.”

Is she having some kind skill too, something like reading person thought?

“You guess correctly but this is not the only gifted I had.”

“What!! You have more than one?”

She speak like it was ordinary matter but I never heard someone who have multiple abilities even someone who has only have one power is hard to find among millions of crowd.

“Yes, we all were granted with basic skills like these and some have might equal to yours.”

“…..”

She saying there more people who have multiple abilities like her and even has shit power that not loses with mine.

“Please don’t curse even inside your mind because I can clearly hear you.”

Then deactivate your mind reading, it’ll help both of us and save some of my privacy. I tell her that inside my head.

“I refuse, while I can do that but it was not important at the moment so you just have to restraint yourselves for now.”

I can see her character is indifferent and clearly not care the slightest bit with the person she is talking to.

Like usual I should just brush it aside and accept it as I know more about her personality.

“Let’s get back on the topic, I will to give you the chance that you’ve always wanted but in return I have matter I want you to do.”

“What is it you wanted me to do?”

I have foreboding that this will truly be difficult and maybe shave my remaining life in half.

“Don’t joke, clearly you don’t know and you don’t even care about that.”

That’s true; I can’t refute her word back even single bit.

“This task is not that difficult especially with someone who has rare gift like you.”

So it was definitely impossible for most people even if they have powerful ability. Yeah, it really is not difficult at all. *smirk*

She showing displeases expression on her face right after I think something like that.

“Hmph! You should be grateful that your ability can be some use instead loitering around like the living dead with nothing to serve as purpose.”

This is really interesting. I should just speak with her through my mind instead of my mouth that can save some energy as you know we live in the world where energy is utilized with efficiency.

“Be more serious, cut the useless thought. Like I said we need you to do something which concerns you to be transfer somewhere else.”

Oh, this kind of pattern like some office worker who been transfer to far away region separate with his newly beautiful wife and then his boss will visit her from time to time with sexual intent in mind.

Hm? Should I marry some girl first before I accept this mission and maybe I’ll receive some lewd videos being sent to me once a month?

“!!!”

Now her face is bright red, is it from anger or embarrassment? It probably both of them at same time.

“You! I told you to be more serious!! You even thinking of shameful things, you wretched being!”

She totally mad while in my defense I didn’t even utter a single word so this scene probably being seen by outsider like some crazy woman who lashed out without reason.

It kind amusing actually, I don’t mind conversing with her once in a while to relieve my boredom.

Some smoke can be seen drifting around her head. I score it now she was 100% mad without a single embarrassment to be found.

“Hmph!!”

After she shouts out loud, she is trying to regain her calm. I must prevent that because where the fun in that?

I’m still in the mood to tease her, against woman who seems intellect and prideful like her. It can’t ever be enough to tease her for a lifetime.

Now what should I say?

“You shameless man!!”

I didn’t even use any effort at all. I say this lady is having quite temper, she really is not used to adult talk. Well, her face appears more or less like teenagers unlike my initial impression of her which like a woman who have some years in experience while have youthful appearance.

Yup! She must be younger than me.

“I’m older than you!”

Few of the girl I met said that when they’re mad. I’m guessing they want to be more respected because they’re older or something. Seniority is a thing in the past, I mean who would use that reasoning to gain some leverage nowadays.

If they ever use that sort of things they’re bound to fail to be in the upper hand in the first place.

“Cut it out! Ahem…now let’s continue. I want you to transfer to other world and save some of many races which living there while stop the demon clan gain supreme.”

“?”

Is it some kind of black people oppression like in the past but what did she mean by ‘Other World’?

She even said something like a ‘Demon Clan’ sound pretty evil to me. Is this demon kind slaughter other tribe or something that’s why she said to ‘Save’?

Can I terminate the entire demon clan if that’s true?

“No, you can’t. The balance of the world will be disrupted if one more intelligence race than the present goes extinct. It was supposed to have more intelligence tribe in the past but now if even one group is completely exterminated, the disaster will befall the entire species in the world.”

That’s troubling; I wonder what sort of disaster will be trigged in that case.

“Anyways, the minority of demon kind is still not condoning the act of slaughter of their demon clan and stealthy spat out some info concerning their military movement in the hope other race survival.”

“That minority is your ticket to regain the control of the entire demon race so I hope you can gain their cooperation. In the worst case, you can kill more than half but try to get the job done by saving more lives in the process.”

So I only have cut the number of demon clan in half. It sounds easy enough if they all look like chicken and such.

“Hey! I said try to get it done with less victim as possible.”

But didn’t you also say I can kill more than half. Besides it sounds like it’ll bring me more trouble if I did it like you want it to. You should be glad I accomplish it more or less.

“Hmph! So that was your character look like, defiant, lazy and a scoundrel.”

I’m happy you notice me more, it make our relationship get closer. Maybe after this all done we can have a date somewhere you like.

“I would never go with you ever!!”

Well, it’s not rare I’m being rejected just the usual stuff. I’ll ask you again next time then.

“I said No! Anyway, after you accomplish your objective to take control the demon tribe. You can take the demon king bracelet and put it in offering place of temple ruin at Kirzirg. In there you’ll receive your reward after 24 hours.”

Where is that Kirzirg place anyway?

“You’ll know when you more familiar in that world. Do you have any more questions?”

When you talk about demon race it sounds like the fantasy stuff right out of novel. So is there magic in that world as well?

“That’s right. Your body and soul will be adjusting to the environment of that world and your body can contain mana while having some suited element to release your own magic. But I must warn you in your current body not familiar with mana essence, you’ll feel your body burn up from inside until the gathering of mana stabilized.”

Oh, it sounds cool. I can use some spell like in the fantasy novel. I should aim to create a natural disaster at the level of big scale tornado or earthquake.

“Oh, lord. Is it really good idea to send him? Wouldn’t he make things much worse?”

The woman utters such word in really small voice.

I take it I have to save some of the race there and at the end I have to gain control the demon clan?

“Yes, you also will be given a small repayment upfront when you’re there.”

What is that compensation? Also where the locations you’ll be transfer me in? Make it so that I was close by so it’s easy for me to move in to save them.

“Of course, we’ll deliver you not far from the first group that’ll need your help and for the extra you’ll know soon enough. I’ll give you some additional info when you first step into that world, around month later the demon clan will start launching their second attack. This tribe had small population so if you can rescue around hundred or so then it’ll consider a success.”

What? I only have to save more than hundred. Doesn’t that number close to annihilation of that race?

Is it really alright with such number of people?

“Yes, for that particular race its fine around that number but aim twice the number if possible. There’s problem with that group but I’ll cut the detail so you just have to save them accordingly.”

Now you’re making me curious, why can you tell me now? It’ll save me some trouble to find out why and it definitely can make me complete it more easily.

“I’m not here to make your life easier or more like after all you said to me. This is the punishment you deserve.”

So you just want revenge then, what a small minded woman, easy to have grudge, you’ll aged faster if that the case.

“Shut up! They told me I can make my own discretion at how much information I can give you, it especially the case with a villain like you. I think it’ll be enough just to tell you all the necessary information and nothing more.”

Alright as I’m kind to beautiful girl, I’ll just let you throw a tantrum and ease your heart with it.

“You are not kind, don’t flatter yourself!!”

Alright…alright sheesh! This lady is hard to please even though I don’t even give comment about her cross the line about invading my privacy through all the argument. She can’t even tell the goodness of my heart even with that.

“Doesn’t you make your own decision to keep talking with me without opening your mouth and only using your mind to speak!?”

Oh, right. That’s true; I didn’t realize it until you said it.

“Is now better then?”

“Whatever! I don’t care.”

See! She still mad though, I think she the type that’ll never satisfied until she can see all the dark secret of a person.

“I’m nothing like that!!”

“Then why don’t you deactivate your mind reading? Didn’t I agree just then to discuss without using my mind, why are you still using it?”

I think she is interested in me and can’t help be curious to find out all about me.

This is precisely the suffering of attractive man. The women often hid their true feeling and pretend to be mad to gain my attention.

I’m such a sinful man.

“%&$#”

Like I thought she was blushing red with embarrassment (Anger) when I see through her.

“ENOUGH!!”

She suddenly shouts loudly and it’s making my ear ringing still.

“I better send you faster in case you’ll make me crazy.”

That’s right, if you spend some quality time with me. Of course, you’ll be crazy in love with me.

At the moment I said such word in head suddenly the world start to spinning or more like my vision is distorted so much I can’t recognize anything anymore.

“You had better not to die before accomplishing your first task!”

She said her parting word before the light surround me vanish and the darkness come envelops me in exchange.

Ah, I still want to talk more with her. What a shame! Who knows when I’ll meet her again?

As I wait calmly for the anticipated development of transferring to another world. I still think all the useless things I usually thought.

What will await me there?

Hard to accomplish mission? It sounds about right.

Another world beauty? I sincerely hope so.

The fascinating magic? I can’t wait to see with my own eyes.

While I’m imagining all sort of thing. Suddenly my vision catch some light, the scenery around me started to shape up into something I can’t even imagine. As I arrive into the unknown world.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  3. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2 - Arrive in Another World

This is!?

Isn’t this cliff? On top of that I’m at the peak of said mount!

What the hell!?

Why did she send me here of all place?

I could be dead right after I arrive, is that woman nuts?

Is this the continuation of her revenge?

The wind is so darn big with snow fluttering around this is more like a blizzard. I better get down fast or I freeze to death in this weather.

As I walk slowly keeping my step steady while the gust merciless trample upon me.

This climate is making me feel like I wear nothing on my skin. My clothes only a normal T-shirt and jeans, of course it won’t be useful in this weather.

My current equipment was a handgun and small knife tucked in my waist.

After walking for an hours in this weather, I’m feeling weak in the knee as I keep walking while my body feels burn out inside.

This feeling can’t be better or like worsening anymore.

The strength and stamina that I proud in the past seems useless in this situation. I can only walk and continue to descend from the mountain while curse the woman in my mind.

Not long after I can see something in front of me. It seems like some kind bear, it clearly a bit bigger than me. The creature stands on his two legs and seems aware of my presence as he turn around to face me.

That animal or should I say monster can only look like Yeti in my mind. Yes, the legendary creature which people talking about as rumor.

As I keep staring at it, dazzle by what I found, it starting to move toward me slowly. When it came closer, I can feel the pressure it exudes from his mere presence.

I feel danger inside my head as I slowly retreat few step while stare at the Yeti coming to me. What should I do?

If it is a bear I can pretend dead but it clearly not aforesaid animal beside even if it have the same image this is another world that knowledge probably won’t be much use.

Usually beast in this case a predator will chase me if I run away from them. That kind of act will bolster their confident that I was a mere prey to them.

In this circumstance I should just make threatening gesture and try scaring them off while making a loud voice, I guess.

I better ready my gun just in case for a battle but I hope it won’t come to that. My bullet is limited; I only have one more cartridge for a backup. After that there will be no more use to the gun because I can’t buy anymore bullet in this world.

The Yeti like creature keeps coming as I’m done making plan in my mind. I take a deep breath and put up both of my hand as high as I can while I yell at him to scare him off.

“!?”

The Yeti looks surprise and anger flashing in his eyes.

Oh, no! This is not working and it even seems making him mad. The monster quickly speed up and rushing at me.

I bought my hand down and quickly reach out for my gun and aim at the approaching predator. The loud sound coming from the gun spitting out two bullets is being drowned by the roar of the Yeti.

As the distance between us is less than ten meters, the two bullets are accurately drilling a hole in the monster body. The Yeti come to a sudden stop while crashing to the ground, snow scatter and his roar has a hint of suffering into it.

I watch as the beast bleeding in his left shoulder and his right eyes no longer functioning because of the piercing of the bullet. Suddenly the creature let out loud threatening sound and it echoing in high places like this.

I am panicking as that sound more like calling his companion than threatening me. I pointed my gun fast at the monster trying to finish him off. I sent one more bullet right at his head and he finally stop roaring.

Did I make it? Will that prevent his companion to come?

As I’m trying to calm down and think the next course of action. I can hear a sound in the distance, it sound like something coming here in a rush. From the sound they are coming from three directions, one of them from 10 o’clock, the other from 1 o’clock and the last one from 2 o’clock.

This is bad, the situation coming to get worse.

I got to make a run for it while they still far away, luckily there doesn’t seems much noise from behind me. Stretching my leg, I pump them full of energy to make a dash avoiding the direction that was hard to step on.

As I keep running, the sound catching up start to get closer. I try to push my leg even harder but in my current condition, it probably impossible to sprint as fast as usual. Didn’t they all say when your life in danger the potential of human will bring forth unimaginable power? I need that strength now, why didn’t it come out yet!?

4. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 - Chased at the Snow Mountain

Even after dashing for few minutes, I still can’t shake my pursuer.

“Damn!”

Did all of these monsters have a good hearing even in this blizzard that they can hear my footstep or they have good nose for smelling things. But still I can’t stop running and hiding isn’t good idea either. These place don’t even have good hiding spot only a rough terrain with rock and mostly snow, I can’t even find a cave even then I’m guessing the cave will be their base or nest.

While I sprint sometimes I take a swift look behind me to track my enemies. Now, I can clearly see a shadow coming closer to my position.

“Oh, Shit!”

They’re coming what should I do now?

They’ll be able to jump on me in less than a minute. Should I fight them now? But the shadow looks much bigger than the Yeti I killed last time and there are at least 3 maybe they have more in the rear.

“!?”

What!? There’s a cliff in front, it was a dead end. I’m totally screwed now. I stop just dozen of steps from the cliff ahead of me as I turn around facing the monster.

“”“Rarrrghhh!!!”””

All three monster growl exactly at the same time, I keep my eyes straight at them while thinking a new plan to escape. Not long from behind the beast I can see two shapes coming over and also more sound of footstep rushing.

Confronting them isn’t feasible plan when I look at their number keep increasing while I have limited means to clash. My condition is also a problem with my legs weaken from walking and running in this damn weather.

I can only decide when I see the overall situation. For now I want to see my chances over the cliff as I slowly retreat behind a few steps until I took a quick glance below.

The summit is still far too high; it’ll be dangerous to jump from this altitude. But I still see some hope at the corner of my eyes even though I peek for an instant.

While I turn my attention merely a second, the other two Yetis managed to arrives only few meters from the one in the lead. I can at least see their size more or less the same than the other three, this is really bad.

Why did their size at least twice from the previous one I killed. Don’t tell me it’s just their child who I extinguish back then. No way, even with size that big it stills a minor. What the hell I’m end up with, more like why I didn’t manage to scare him then?

Is it possible that kid know no fear? Right, I remember even human youth these days hard to scare with. That’s why the movie producer having hard time to make horror movie and they rather choose to make movie to scare the adult.

“Damn those children!!”

I curses at the unreasonable things in the world but it end up backfire on me. The monsters see it as a sign to launch their attack. Their rushing is a little bit faster than the dead small (Big) Yeti.

There’s no time! I take my gun and take my position while aim at the one who is closer to me.

Do you think I want to fight?

Hell no!

I just want to test something first before I slip away. I concentrate straight at fore watching the only bullet I shoot through penetrate the closest Yeti.

“!?”

Just like I thought that mass especially that fur look more solid and hard than the one before. I was aiming for the head but it looks like only the tip of bullet barely made it through. The penetrating power is still far from sufficient and the bullet only looks stuck in the head as the Yeti cry in pain.

Even with one of their comrade down, the closest two keep dashing at me. Deep anger can be seen in their pupil as they ignore one of their fallen companions.

“Uooohh!!!”

I dash a few step closer to them and quickly turn around heading straight to the cliff ahead as I alter my direction a bit to the right side.

Then the jumping moment soon arrives, as I can see the ground below still far out reach.

“Aaaaaahhhh!!”

This is at least height of 30 floor building; just don’t ask me the specific number. I never do this before so I can’t count it precisely.

The winds keep striking at me ruthlessly as I stare at the direction where my hope lies.

“Fuuuuhhh!!”

Go!

Control your fall forward, keep focusing!

Clear your mind and arrange the body posture forward. Just a little bit more distance!

“Arrrrghhh!!!”

5. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4 - After the Fall

I adjust my body posture with my chest in fore to bottom position then my lower portion at rear is slightly on top. This stance can give me a little distance from the mountain behind me at the same time it can make me go closer to my objective in the front.

“A little bit…little bit more!!”

I said such things to ease my worry of not are able to make it through or my fate will be sealed as badly made painting with red color.

The hard ground just a few floors from the height I’m at. Even as I remind it over and over not to distracted but it still won’t prevent me seeing straight down. This damn fear making my mind a mess, this experience beat rollercoaster at least hundred times.

“Yes!”

I made it as I look at the forest below me, now here’s come the hard part. While I think the next plan inside my mind a few times so to not make a single mistake over the landing.

With knife switched to my right hand and hold it tightly, I glare straight ahead me as my vision been blocked by a huge tree in front.

I raise my right hand and use all my energy to make downward swing to stab the tree hard.

*Crack*

Such noise can be heard loudly on my ear but that voice doesn’t look like just like a sound of broken shrub.

“Arrghh!!”

I experience deep ache on my right arm at the same time I pierce the huge tree, fortunately I already make the calculation in my head. As soon as the knife touches the surface of the wood my left palm moves to assist the remaining hand.

The falling struggle is making my conscious blurry. I can feel the wound throb more as I using my left to grip my right fist tighter to make sure it still stab firmly at the tree.

“Ugghh!”

My mouth release groaning sound as the agony I have to endure becoming more painful every second.

When my descending speed is more or less okay according to my plan, I let go my grasp after I take a swift look below ground.

*Crash*

“!?”

Crushing pain spread all over my body but most of the damage is being received by my right arm as I use it as sacrifices to make sure the rest can still functioned normally just in case.

“Ugh…Damn it! That hurt!”

I carefully try to sit using my left palm as support while I look at the state of my right hand.

The numbing pain is what I can perceive mostly from that side, it looks like I can’t use it anymore until I fix it somehow.

My luck is so bad even from the start and I don’t even want to think about next.

“Shit.”

I cursed for the last time while I try to regain my calm, looking at the surrounding jungle is making the process even faster. Now where do I go from here?

Seeing the lush forest full of woods and thicket, I keep thinking of the next plan slowly.

*Twitch*

Sensing unknown presence, I turn around to that direction while I took my gun using my left hand.

“Who’s there!? Show yourselves!”

From the bushes I can see some movement and small voices, it probably human as the presence is familiar to me.

As I wait for few second it doesn’t seems they planning to come out. Did they think I’m just bluffing?

I crouch down and take a small stone then throw it hard at them hiding inside.

“Ouch!”

One of them screams from my throwing stone. Yes, I can recognize two existences from the shrub. The first is smaller while the second is a bit bigger and the two of them were shorter than me.

“Come out!”

After I said that the bushes started to shake and two people come out from their cover.

At the front are a female youth around the age of fifteen years old and the other pair is boy around nine years old. The two have odd appearance that I can’t help staring at them with a hard look.

“You are…”

The girl beauty is mesmerizing as she keeps holding the younger boy hand by her side.

I keep staring at the young miss as my smiles keep stretching wide. I found it; this is what I’m looking for.

6. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5 - The First Race

I witness it finally, one of the reason I’ve been transfer into this world.

Yes, a cute or beautiful girl. That was it.

What?

How about saving the other race or stopping the demon race you say?

It’s only side objective as far as I’m concern. I aim for magic and beauties naturally after I know this was fantasy world and stuff.

Beside I’m still mad about that woman throws me out of nowhere, who cares about her mission?

Well, I’ll still do it occasionally because the promised reward still interests me plus I wouldn’t waste the chance to meet her again because this time I’m going to make her madly fall in love for sure.

Ahem, back to the reality.

Now I’m staring at the two kids in front of me. The little boy scratching his forehead, I can see a little bit red over the skin. I’m guessing that was the place I managed to hit with my fast throwing stone but it really a wonder that his head doesn’t bleeding when I launch the stone hard instead it only make such superficial wound.

“Nice to meet you.”

Raising my palm over my head, I make a bright smile as natural as I can be.

I should pretend nothing happen and act like a gentlemen seeing them for the first time.

The two of them only took a glance to each other when I said such word.

“Oh, are you okay there little fella? You should be more careful when playing hide and seek because your forehead looks like it hurting a little bit. Here let me take a look and see if I can make it better.”

I take a step forward slowly while I try to have a friendly chat with them but the younger boy look a bit scared then retreat a few step pulling her sister along. Well, I make some liberty of my own to guess their relationship; I wonder if it’s true though.

They’re speaking something with language I didn’t know while makes small commotion.

Hmm, they seem a tad cautious with me. That shouldn’t be, I didn’t do anything bad which can cause such a worry to them.

Oh, I know. Maybe because my bloody figure, they’re frightened with lot of blood on my right hand.

*Shrug*

I can’t do anything about it though even if I know the cause at the moment.

Speaking anything else, I’ll just describe their overall appearance and why I said they have odd looks.

It is because they have horn that was the most noteworthy thing I notice. Yeah, the girl has single small horn right on the center of her forehead while the little boy has two even smaller horns on either side of his forehead.

My infinite knowledge tells me that this weird race is close to “oni race” which I read years ago from the folk story in Japan.

The lass have slender body, she also have cute face and small nose with smooth white hair over her shoulder. It is definitely my type, now’s the opportunity to make another plan and this time I really need to use my entire wisdom so far.

“…”

*Knit his eyebrow*

The scheme to capture her heart, I should be careful. First impression is important on the road to steal her heart, I should not mess this up.

I’m thinking hard while making serious expression by myself when I hear the sound of footstep.

Wait! They’re escaping!

“Ah, wait! Why you’re running?”

No way, how did this happen? Didn’t we only have pleasant conversation while I worry about her little brother wound and all? I admit, I don’t understand what language she was using and maybe they also don’t have slightest ideas about what I say. But I still believe we can talk from heart and understood each other as long we got lot of contact.

There’s more important thing I have to do, I must chase the girl of my dream.

Yup, all people said you must never give up and reach far until you got what you desire. This is the time I use that advice and show my determination.

“Hey! Wait, don’t go!”

As I make a dash for it once again but this time I’m the one is chasing. Well, this situation is more to my liking than being chased around. I don’t mind if I’m pursue by beauties more like I welcome such situation but being chased by lot of monster is definitely no for an answer. Who in the world will have such sick mind that they felt pleasure being hunted by a thing that can kill you in a sec?

“Hey!”

“Kyaaa!” “Waaah!”

I keep follow after them while I realize sound of scream is universal voice which is the same as ever.

7. PrimeKnight

PrimeKnight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should just update this in royalroad or wuxia page.

8. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't heard about that wuxia page before, doesn't it seems only for chinese novel from the name of the web? About the royalroad I plan to but maybe after I create several more chapter.

9. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 6 - Chase Your Dream

I'm still chasing my dream even now, I seems can’t keep the pace and it’s not weird I've been running just short while ago before I crash down to the ground.

What? I look like a stalker? There’s no way that’s true, no stalker is good looking and nice like me.

Don’t call me stalker, okay? Besides falling over the cliff, I have not let myself fallen so low that you see me as trash of the society.

The two of them is escaping quite fast at least faster than my current speed. The girl even seems look like hold back her agility waiting for the little boy. In my case, I have trouble balancing my posture because my right arm feels like lead or more like useless piece of meat that just stuck in my body, it also ache every time it swings following my movement.

Ahh!!

I'm going to lose them at this rate, not mentioning this forest terrain. It’s hard to find a proper road with the woods in this forest so huge that it influences their root to be big as well. Most of the tree roots have height around my ankle it even grows above the ground and blocking the way.

These two kids really nimble, they jump over them from time to time like it was nothing.

With this gait, I’m barely able to catch up to them. I can see my dream starting to slip through my hand and getting farther away. This can’t be happening, I must do something quickly.

Is there any reasonable method to make halt them even for a bit without injuring them?

As we getting far away than my previous landing zone, I remember about my knife. It was still stuck in that tall tree, I wonder if I can trace back my track to receive it after this is over.

“Hey, you stop! I said stop!”

Damn, they’re not listening or more like they’re not understood my word at all.

*Pant* *Pant*

“This is really tough for a sick person like me”

I should be in bed with this kind of injury not playing tag with these two youth. I follow them for few minutes then I saw them screaming something out loud.

Oh, shit!

Not this again!

Why can’t I comprehend anything they said before but now I can clearly know what their scream mean more or less. It’s like that damn monster all over again, should I make a run for it now?

*Twitch*

No good, it’s too late.

I only focus on chasing them while I neglected to sense the surrounding presence; this is also thanks to my wound piled up and my stamina drastically decreasing.

I cease on the spot and try to catch my breath while watch the surrounding cautiously. There are two men with a horn like those two kids. Their height is almost 2-meter-tall with their muscle is pretty much like a body builder. They both hold a simple spear with sharp end made from wood but it’ll be sufficient weapon to make a hole out of me if they have the intention to.

“ƥƷȵƻƭƦ!”

Yeah, I got no clue of what they say. Can someone bring some interpreter for me please?

This look pretty bad, I hope they were civilized and not making hasty assumptions of me chasing one of their own.

“Relax, my brother! I bring you no harm!”

Now, where did I hear that kind of line being said again? I’m pretty sure it can diffuse this situation.

*Pointing the spear*

“ƿƱɣǶƼȽ ƬƋƻƐƴ “

From which did I pick these useless knowledge from, I think this is making it worse.

They’re walking to me closer while taking distance from each other. They want to surround me from both sides. I can practically flee but I have my own reason to stick here.

Besides running will tired me out and put myself in more danger, rather than that I just want to negotiate with them if possible.

While I think such thing, the two of them suddenly rush at me.

“Woah!”

Can they chill out for a minutes and listen to what I have to say?

I dodge the downward swing of the spear coming from the left which aiming straight at my head. Then the other guy swings his spear sideways to my chest from the right direction. Their timing is almost at the same time and it’s hard for me to guard with my balance not stable on the right side.

After deciding to block the attack with my useless hand, I try to retreat backward putting a distance from them. I endure the pain from the impact that almost robs my conscious, resulting me not be able to see the next attack coming from my left and it score perfectly on my shoulder.

“Guh!”

I quickly stare at the attacker as my body crash to the ground. I can see his expression looking down at me and then I feel another hit on the brain before I lost my conscious.

10. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 7 - Aura Leinmark

There’s commotion and loud noise can be heard everywhere, the villager voice were mixed with surprise along with curiosity can be seen in their expression.

“Stay away! Let them through!”

The warrior said out loud silencing all the surrounding voice, one of the warriors can be seen dragging someone. I was shocked so they managed to capture that man and from the looks of it he appears unconscious.

“Is that man feet alright?”

I whispering to no one, eyeing the man who being carried one handed and the warrior only held his upper body while the foot sweeps the ground roughly. That man right hand is also bleeding even now, I think he’ll treat it if not for our presence interrupt him earlier.

Feeling guilty about the wound of that man worsening, I can only smile bitterly at the fact.

“Big sis.”

Well, he should not follow after us in the first place, I only wanted to tell father. That’s why we’re running to the village fast in the first place but as he chases us with a hard look, my brother become more scared. I also can’t help feel the same and scream along with my brother when he glares at me.

I can feel bloodlust from his eyes so that’s why we pick up the pace later on.

Now, that he’s been seized, I’m sure father can speak with him and find out why he show up on our land; I hear long ago that we got a magic to let us understand other race language but I don’t have the need for it until now so I haven’t learn it yet.

Where did he come from in the first place? I can only see when he crash into the tree and drop hard to the ground. Seeing a stranger, I unconsciously take my little brother hand and hide in the nearby bushes. I’m listening from father that a selected few can gain spell to fly, did he jump from that mountain to practice his flying magic? But it seems to be failure with his bad fall and serious injury.

As the man already been taken away, the villagers starting to disperse in all direction, I also continue to go back home to inform father.

“Let’s go, Drey.”

“Yes.”

The two us walk slowly back home while I’m thinking more about that weird man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found my father in his office on the second floor.

“Father”

“What is it, Aura?”

“Have you heard about strange man that being captured today?”

“You mean that human? I received the report from my men that he was chasing after you and Drey. Why did he chase after you two?”

Looks like father receive the news beforehand, I wonder why did he was so calm, doesn’t it worry you that we were chased by unknown man, I mean that human.

“Yes, we were just strolling around the forest looking for small prey when I heard loud sound crashing from the sky. That person seems fall down from Slean Mountain and we’re just happening to be nearby when we watch him hit the tree then drop to the ground.

I tell him the rest of the story about we seems to distract him and he’s talking something to us then he suddenly going after us when we wanted to tell the news to you.

“…”

It seems father is thinking about something, I presume it have something to do with that human.

“Um, father?”

“Yes, is there anything else?”

“No, I just want to ask about his injury?”

The last time I see him was when he was being dragged roughly. It’s still on my mind even now, I wonder is he okay?

“He’s fine, his right arm seems quite serious but it can still be cured.”

*Phew*

Hearing father said that the burden in my heart lifted, it must be because I feel guilty interrupt him at that time.

“What’s wrong? Are you worried about him? Didn’t he just chasing you a moment ago?”

“Uh, no it just…..”

I told father I’m feeling guilty because we disturb him before he treats himself.

“If only that small matter, its fine.”

“Yes, father. I’ll be going then.”

Seeing my father nodding and giving his permission to leave, I turn around and walk out of the room but then I seem to hear father say something in small voice.

11. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 8 - Awake

I’m still alive, huh?

Opening my eyes lazily while stared at the unfamiliar ceiling, I briefly recount my experience yesterday. Conclusion, it was seriously shitty day.

But seeing the result it seems I bet the right horse this time.

If I seriously fight against them using gun, it’ll be unknown what my fate will be.

*Grunt*

“Ugh!”

Damn, my mind still hazy. I even forgot about my broken right arm and unconsciously using it as supports, now it’ll only make it worse.

“Eh?”

My right hand is moving and I sense the numbing pain a lot lessen, did they treat me when I’m unconscious?

Thank god, from the current condition I’ll probably able to use it again normally soon. It’ll really help me a lot if I can go back using it because I haven’t trained my left as skilled as my right arm.

Well, in this dangerous looking world maybe it’ll come to use in emergency if I develop it more even though that’ll be troublesome and surely take some time.

I fix my posture and try to sit on the ground with the help of my left hand. I can’t feel any pain anywhere except my right side and the burn out feeling from the inside already gone.

As I remember the mysterious woman said that scorch within have something to do with my body gathering mana internally. So I take it the process is done? What is my suited element going to be? Can I activate magic now?

“That can wait for later, for the time being I should call the person outside.”

As I excitedly thinking about future where I can use spell, someone presence caught my attention.

The exact number were two, is it possible this duo is the same one who hit me back then?

“I’ll teach them a lesson sometime if I get the chance.”

I mumblings such thing carefully, there’s no way I’ll let it go when I’m hit by male. If the one who did it a beauty maybe she can comfort me in compensation for the incident.

“Hey!!”

I yell out loud so that people outside can hear me.

Not long after the door are open revealing two burly men holding the same wooden spear.

Then after I’m being taken to somewhere which they won’t give me the chance to refuse. I probably will meet their leader or someone who take charges in this place. Hopefully we can communicate with each other or at this rate it’ll be really inconvenient.

These two guard talk using the same language as those two kids and I still haven’t understood the slightest bit. Yeah, I only comprehend when they yell loud to me and point their finger outside the door. Their order was simple using a bit gesture movement, I’m glad they’re not that clueless or we’ll have staring contest for all day. That won’t happen though because they can just use force and drag me to obedience.

Now we’re taking a walk to reach whatever destination they had in mind.

Hmm…since they won’t understand me, I should take this opportunity to release my frustration to the escort in fore. By the way, one of them hold the end of the rope that fasten to my arms.

“Hey, meat shields!”

The one in front turn around and take a swift look at me but since he doesn’t understand what I say, he decides to ignore me.

Good…that’s what I like.

I love to bad-mouthing people behind their back especially now it’ll be literary true in all sense.

“I’m talking to your muscle head. What did you eat anyway? You look like idiotic bunch that do business by taking hit as a living. You all should be my targeting practice when I need it, okay?”

Ah, it so refreshing that I can’t help smiling as I let all my deepest grief inside out.

I keep insulting them until we arrive in rather big house than the other building I’ve seen on road.

“Their leader is so poor.”

That comment slip out of my mouth as I stare at the structure in front. Well, it was much bigger and looking bit elegant than the rest. Yeah, right who I’m lying to anyway?

This is a fucking village. Of course, every house is small and old looking with having no artistic value.

Those people in my old world who claim that their small property is genuine since middle ages, they advertise it as tourist spot said it only ever been repaired without changing their original design of the house. I even believe it at first that people of the old days can really design and understand art but the actually fact is more close to this. That bunch of people really shameless, their business is all about money.

I’ll never believe them anymore.

Back to reality, the meat shield, I mean the guides impatiently yell at me and order me to go inside.

“Then, excuse me.”

12. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 9 - The Leader

As I step into the house, there is an old man waiting for me. He sits in an old chair then indicates me to perch with his eyes and hand pointing to a chair in front of him. The guard appears to be told to wait outside as we’ll have a pleasant tea time while chatting with each other.

Though I describe it like some shoujo scene in manga, I don’t lie, okay?

I never fabricate any unless I’m being push to, alright I confess it mostly when it had some benefit for me and people do that most of the time anyway. I’m just following what my predecessor and keep the tradition on going.

Anyway, he hinted at the steaming cup filled with tea. There’s no reason to reject as I happen to be thirsty myself since god knows how long I was unconscious after being hit hard in the head?

“Thank you.”

Saying such word is the mark of a gentleman, I always give gratitude to those who receive me politely that’s why people always shocked with my attitude sometimes. Yeah, they must be charmed by my other side personality which I usually hide as I never like standing out.

“Um…”

“Why did you come here?”

Oh! He can talk! It’s a miracle, good gracious. We can now understand each other, excellent.

“Ahem!”

This may be the one of the most significant moment in my entire life so I have to say it clearly.

*Take a deep breath*

“I’m here bearing an important mission to save the world!”

Deep inside I was excited like a child but I keep my poker face and play it cool.

There’s no better chance than the present to say it although it’s embarrassing but I have to admit it feel kind of good.

“…..”

Eh, there’s no reaction?

Don’t tell me he doesn’t believe me and think I’m a lunatic

It can’t be! My first step to shine is a failure, this can’t be happening. Oh, maybe he’s in the state of shock that he can’t hear me the first time. I suppose my glorious moment should be repeated again.

I stand up straight and stare at his eyes.

“I’m here bearing…”

“You don’t need to say anymore, I understand the situation.”

When I’m about to finish the rest of sentence, he brought his hand up and said such thing.

This is really tick me off, can’t he just let me finish my statement first?

It really unpleasant when your conversation partner just stop you at the crucial part, doesn’t it?

Don’t we have freedom to speak and give opinion without being cut in the middle?

“Do you understand the grave circumstances we’re about to face, then?”

Closing his eyes, I can see that he’s thought hard about this whole ordeal. After moments he open his eyes and slowly nodded indicate he’s done thinking.

I wait for his decision patiently but then he turns his face away facing the door leading outside.

Somehow he shouts to the security waiting outside, is he call the idiot duo in, what for?

The two guard coming in turn and wait for the order of their leader. I’m still confused while all of these happening. Is he really understood me even when I only manage to squeeze few word? Why did I have bad feeling about this?

He speaks to them briefly with the unknown language, I can only sit and watch from the side.

“You can go back for today, I’ll send someone to help you later.”

Then the two escort closing in on me as their leader finished speaking.

No way! Shouldn’t we speak longer and make a detailed plan and such to tide the incoming war?

Did he still doubting me but he doesn’t even give me more chance to explain things? How is it fair to judge a person so early or did he really question my sanity?

“Wait, hold on a moment!”

The guards grab my hand and force me to stand up. Damn, I shouldn’t let things end this way.

I quickly succeeded to free myself from their restriction and approach the chief on his back. He thinks that our conversation already over then try to walk away. I won’t let that happen, there’s many things I have yet to explain.

As my hand close to reach his shoulder, I suddenly felt terrible pain on the back of my head.

Not again…counting this I have been neutralized twice by these people.

“Ugh…wait…a….”

Suddenly darkness clouds my vision, I thought back to our brief talk, even at the end of it all. We haven’t introduce ourselves first to each other.

13. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 10 - Back in the Detention Room

Ah, there’s nothing better than being hit to oblivion and wake up with major bump on the head.

This damn mob character even if they felt pleasure when being smack. Don’t assume other feel the same happiness; I don’t want to tragically end up being grouped with them.

I still feel light headed, how hard did they strike me again?

Thank god, it’ll take more than hundred more blows to the head if they want me end up to be a fool.

*Scree*

“Oh…”

As I hear the sound of door opening, I turn to look and astonishment painted over my face immediately. Coming in through the door was the girl I chased before, what is she doing here?

She step inside along with a protector, I can see that she was nervous from her expression.

“Hey, long time no see!”

I decide to ease her tension by greeting her first and show a bright smile. But for some reason she stop her footstep and appear shaken. Seeing closely her expression showing fear which doesn’t match with the current warm atmosphere, I wonder what’s wrong.

The guard is glaring at me like he blames me for what happen. Eh? I haven’t done anything yet, there’s no way it was my fault.

“Uh, please take a seat.”

I said the word awkwardly in small voice somewhat afraid she will overreact again.

After raising her head a little, she notices my hand signal that indicate her to sit.

She move two step further then sit down where the distance make it uncomfortable to have proper talk. She is like rabbit that ready to escape at the moment of danger. The last time we met at the forest, she also quick to run from me. Is she timid by nature?

“Um…I’m here to…”

“Oh!”

Amazing! Somehow, I seem able to understand what she saying now. What is going on here?

“I’m here to help you…learn magic…”

What!?

She was here to teach me magic?

“language…”

“Eh?”

What did she say again? Magic language, what is that?

I tilted my head in confused manner then she realized and hurrying to explain further.

“Father said you’re probably never heard magic language before so he asks me to teach you. Magic language is one of the branches from voice magic; it is useful to talk to other who uses different language than the one we normally speak. It can transfer the meaning of our word directly through the mind changed it to a familiar word the other person can understand.”

If that the case as I didn’t know how to use any sort of magic as of yet, did she and that old man doesn’t have a single clue to what I’m saying all along?

No wonder, they only seem to comprehend after I use gesture and sign to express something.

It’ll be a disaster if our body gestures have different connotation than the intended means.

Hearing her explanation, I nodded to tell her that I understood her word so far.

“Um…to master magic language is quite simple not that different from basic spell.”

Basic spell?

Doesn’t that mean if I haven’t learn the fundamental it will be become at least level harder for me?

“The things you need to do are only to gather your mana around your throat and coat your voice in it as you speak normally. But like any other spell you need to think the purpose of the magic as you activated it. The last part is to find the right amount of mana to envelope your voice because if you put too much it’ll make your voice sounded blurry to the other person listening while if you put less it’ll have no effect at all.”

That descriptions sound detailed and simple, I can see this girl is quite smart despite her timid personality. She should hang out with me more often then she’ll be able to mimic my reckless courage which can be felt radiates from the core of my existence.

“You should try to practice the spell and see if you able to use it right away.”

Hmm, I should do what she said but the thing is. How do I concentrate my mana to the throat?

That’s really a big problem; I can’t even do the very first step to activate the spell. Now is probably the time to ask her advice and teach me from the beginning. But as you all know how am I able to deliver my meaning to her when the very first magic I’m about to learn is for that purpose.

I’m brooding of what action I should take to solve this predicament.

While I’m in agony inside thinking the best solution to tackle this affair, she was cutely tilting her head wondering when I’m about to start.

14. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11 - Learning Magic Language

“Yosh!!”

I slap both of my cheek and make a loud cry to raise my spirit by imitating Japanese people would do in this situation. There’s no point in thinking too much, I better do everything I could.

“Hiiiek!!”

Hm? As I immediately turn my attention back to the girl in front, her face looks little bit pale and frightening expression can be seen as if she just seeing a ghost.

Eh, what happen?

*Crash*

“Eeekk!”

She scream once again but I know the exact reason now, it because the guard is slamming his blunt end of spear to the ground.

Why did he do that? Don’t you see you’re scaring her?

This protector must not consume much nutrition when he stills a child. He has serious case of brain disorder as he startle at the person who he supposed to protect. I thought rude things like that when the person in question is threatening me with his eyes.

What? Don’t use those eyes on me; you’re making me terrified too, you know?

Someone please give him some food! He looks like about to bite me any moment now!

After a few second has passed, I take a deep breath and try to defuse the intense atmosphere.

“Um…everyone calm down please.”

I said such useless word even though I know they won’t be able to understand, at the same time I tried to use the right gesture to deliver my meaning.

When the two of them sounds okay especially the girl, I stare at her and attempt to tell the main problem. After series of another incident, she was somehow able to comprehend my explanation.

“Have you never learned any magic before?”

I give a quick nod at her question.

“Then it’ll probably take more time as you must learn to control your magic sense and channel it to every part of your body. The usual practice is channeling your mana to your hand but before that you should be able to feel the mana inside around your heart, right?”

That burn out feeling inside of me before and the unknown sensation I feel now in my chest.

After sensing the presence of mana that gathers around my heart, I give her the sign to continue.

“First of all you should focusing on that crowd of mana and try to move some of it. Practically the simplest place to direct the mana will be your both hand. Why don’t you try it now?”

Alright, I close my eyes to focus the gathering of mana inside and try to push a bit of it to my right arm.

“Oh.”

I failed at my first attempt, it seems that the mana I manipulate was stuck and disappear slowly when it about to pass my right shoulder. But I can feel something when the mana travelling to my shoulder, it’s like the nerve becomes alive and I recognize it’ll be more easy to control the next time I direct mana across it. That more or less the feeling I get.

Feeling excited about the new sensation, I immediately give it a shot for the next attempt.

The second one I try to take as much of mana I can control then directs it at my right hand. The quantity of mana this time is at least three times more than before. This is already the maximum which I able to manipulate as I sense it moving pass the shoulder and entering my right hand.

I frown in pain when the large amounts of mana infiltrate my hand.

“Ah…you should not direct large amount of mana if your body is still not used to the sensation of mana flowing inside.”

After seeing my expression, the young girl gives me more advice of how to do it correctly.

“If you direct more than necessary to place still unfamiliar with mana, you’ll clutch in pain so you better focus more to adapting as the mana slowly make a slight changes to the sense in your hand.”

So that’s it, I better take my time as I familiarize more to this whole thing.

This girl is really helpful and meticulous. Ah, I wish to see her more often then maybe we can get into a relationship. She seems to be a really nice girl, the only demerit is her timid personality but for a girl it only adds more cuteness into it.

I keep practicing but barely make any progress because her presence distracts me and making me think more useless thought.

For her sake, I must concentrate and do this properly. When I can do this simple task of transferring mana, the two of us then can talk to each other after I master the magic language.

The training continues for more than an hour as she patiently waits for my good result.

When I’m done channeling my mana to the both hand and legs, it’s the time to learn my first spell.

The magic language!

This is the spell that will inevitably make our relationship step up further.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018