IET's MC's

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by pandicorn, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandicorn

pandicorn ® Ruler of Gay Pandas ®

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol i just noticed that from the 3 IET novels that i've read (CD, ST, DE). I can't really diffrentiate between the MC's. I mean if u put linley in DE or Qin yu in CD. They're characters, way of speaking even up to how they think are the same. Given that it's the same author. I mean at least some difference would be nice but then again character development isnt really iet strong points. Anyway, this post is just to share my recent revelation. Toodles

2. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe that kind of MC is the only ones that the author can write comfortably with. Unlike TJSS that have mostly explore a lot of personalities.

3. InnerVoice

InnerVoice Well-Known Voice

Reading List:
    Link
    They're different. If you can't tell then I don't think you've read the novels properly

4. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to admit though, they have many similarities in their personalities. Its not like the difference between HJC, Jiu Shen, SYWZ and DD, where the personalities are very different

Asf likes this.
  5. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have to somewhat agree with @hakim.rz16 that they all do come off as very similar people with only few minor discrepancies. The way were brought up were different; in some aspects there environment was similar and in other aspects different from each other. Even the way they developed were very similar, and overall they developed into very similar people.

6. InnerVoice

InnerVoice Well-Known Voice

Reading List:
    Link
    Similarities in personalities is true I agree. However I disagree with the opening comment. Each characters actions, goals etc are determined by the relative story. There are differences that would become apparent if they were swapped around in the novels.

TJSS does develop his MC personalities with more variety. Having said that I feel the MC's from HJC & COL are very similar and the ones from SYWZ and DD are very similar

7. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    Linley is like Luke skywalker..... BLAND

8. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    yea. Luke are for pups. Anikin are how the real MC should behave.!!

9. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    Han solo*

10. The Great Me

The Great Me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if they undo the shitty re-edit so, HAN SHOT FIRST!!!!! Since Disney has not more in the way of balls than Lucas, Han will remain bland just like George Stuwalker .. er I mean Luke Skywalker.

11. readingdigest

readingdigest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that they have similar personalities as much as the MCs' personality is nonexistent. Try to think of adjectives to describe their personality and you'd be hard press to list more than a handful. They are just vehicles for IET's power crawl and nothing else.

12. Justaloser

Justaloser 【Professional Loser】

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of things are similar in IET stories. Mc is very emotional, MC's parent end up in tragic situation with a revenge theme, MC is a cultivating genius, there is ascension to higher realms, side characters are thrown away when not needed, love life is tragic or non existent.

The only thing that is different is the setting of the story and the cultivation system.

13. ephemeral

ephemeral sometimes i'm here

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like you to describe each of their personalities and how they're different. All they are is family, friends, stay alive and get stronger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.