IET's new novel : 沧元图

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Lswarmruler, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    What do u think about IET's new novel Cāng yuán tú (沧元图) ? It is newly released around two weeks ago and only 26 chapter out written in raw btw (2 ch/day).

Well, so far it seems it will be about traditional xuanhuan about human cultivation n battling fey/demon. The mc named Meng Chuan, practice knife and probably thunder god cultivation. He got his planned marriage contract annulled cos his family elder/backboned crippled/near death. N he has adopted sister who practice bow.

Well it seems super pretty generic so far. But im fine with that, and probably will read till at least one hundred chapter to see where the story going, as IET is my fav chinese novel's writer...

So have u read or interested about this novel? Or just meh... Well if ur interested but wanna wait for english translation, im pretty sure after around 100 ch released in raw this novel probably gonna be translated in webnovel...

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow how generic.

Adopted sister
    Crippled
    Marriage annulled

Yanku, aminy, Cite and 5 others like this.
  3. heartentice

heartentice The One That Entice The Soul

Reading List:
    Link
    I love IET novel,indeed most are generic but the story itself is captivating(maybe bias because my 1st novel is Coiling Dragon,even read it 2 times already haha)

4. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Missing Parents?
    One Parent Missing?
    One Dead Parent?
    Dead Parents?
    Heavenly Treasure?
    Old Spirit Master?

aminy likes this.
  5. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    Coiling dragon was iet's best work, it was my first CN too. So anything he wrote afterwords was simply dissapointing.

natsume142 and pentadrian like this.
  6. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The defaults to get new reader's attention.

Reak likes this.
  7. Lswarmruler

Reading List:
    Link
    u probably meant afterward. For me Coiling Dragon is the best, but Desolate Era is also really good in later chapters. And Swallowed Star has a lot of good plot n premises. Most of IET's failures are usually about the novel ending tbh.

Only coiling dragon has those features in IET novels, n IET is one of the novelist that create those cliches.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2019
  8. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    most of chinese novels tend to start from the same set of templates. so at 26 chapters out of likely 1500+ its not going to be all that amazing despite being an IET.

the important bit will be how things progress and evolve down the line. I for one thank you for this thread as I now know the name of what he is currently releasing and what to follow it as it is released. translations permitting.

i just hope the annulled marriage isn't central to the plot and rather just happens to be the start point. too many novels get derailed because they play up the fiancee aspect.

Archaic pickle and Lswarmruler like this.
  9. MrBugaw

MrBugaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read it yet, though I'm naturally interested because it's IET.

Whenever I see someone say they won't read something because it's so cliche or trope filled, I almost injure myself from eyerolling so hard. I swear I'm almost to the point of including eye roll as a judo move, I almost flip myself on my back from eye rolling so hard.

But seriously, tropes and cliches become tropes and cliches because they are so damn effective. Yes, it's almost funny that almost every protoganist is having problems within their clan and are missing at least one parent. But there's no more effective way to get the reader on the protoganists side than to show some injustice and have that underdog start to work their little butt off to overcome their problems. Otherwise we'd just be reading a boring story of someone who gets all the resources they need and their cultivation is smooth. BORING.

And cliches can become friends that you miss if they aren't in the story. In a transmigration story where the character isn't sent to their new story by Truck-kun, I'm always wondering just what is missing from the story. Just why do I feel so empty inside?

Myms likes this.
  10. Lswarmruler

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah thats totally what i felt too. I dont really care about cliche in IET's novel, as i just really enjoy reading it. Probably because iet novels always have stable plot, and some good moments. N probably cos my bias as Coiling Dragon n Desolate Era are my fav novels.

rahulranderwala and heartentice like this.
  11. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly I'm still waiting to see a cultivating novel play a cruel trick on the MC and not only have an annulled marriage, but somehow have the MC switch places with them xD what a fun and cruel bit of gender bender that would be haha.

my fav's of IET: ST, DE, CD and LXY. in no particular order.

Yanku likes this.
  12. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    I like IET novel, His world building is simply awesome. I agree if gis strory are rather generic and less emotional compare to other Xianxia, like Er Gen. but when it come to and adventure and explore the new world, No one can compare to IET

13. Lswarmruler

Reading List:
    Link
    Both the mc n the girl doesnt care about the marriage contract annulled. Mc is kinda focus on cultivation n becoming god to protect his clan/ revenge his mom who was killed by fey. N the girl just want to play around/dont care with cultivation stuff...

Oh, yeah, one of the reason i create this thread is to introduce other about the existence of this novel.

Thats probably one of the reason why i like iet's novel too. But tbh i kinda really want iet make futuristic setting/world building, like Swallowed Star, as it felt more fresh rather than traditional xuanhuan..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2019
  14. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    The annulled marriage contract end with peace though (as MC and the fiancee doesn't really like each other), so I think it is pretty refreshing compared to the usual novel cliche (even though the reason is similar to other novels, MC family got weaker)

Also, it seems that the heroine is his adopted sister. It is a new template of heroine IET choose because his other novels always kinda have the heroine already in the endgame (except Delia)

Can't wait for someone to translate it! :cookie::cookie:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Lswarmruler likes this.
  15. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...has he finished his previous works...

16. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, he already finished Seeking the Flying Sword Path

Myself and Dr_H_16 like this.
  17. sherry90

sherry90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully this novel mc is the 4th universe creator like linmeng and qinmeng .

18. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't he say something at the afterword of Seeking flying sword his next work would be in the same universe or something? I can swear i remember something like that

Also anyone that complains about generic starts just drop reading webnovels from china,korea and japan as a whole more than 95% of what you will find there isnt really not generic in my eyes

I like IET but sometimes i kinda get not motivated to read but at other times like when i read his seeking flying sword i would even separate some music and change it to fit the mood of the chapter lol

19. Kvothe_the_wind

Kvothe_the_wind Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone knows when it will translated? I can't find any information about this novel except here and lnmtn.

20. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to Ck, it will be put on Webnovel's trial read or whatever it is. Most likely, the results will determine whether it would continue or not.