If a novel with a...

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Sakuraid, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Preference?

1. Option 1

22.2%
  2. Option 2

77.8%
  1. Sakuraid

Sakuraid Writer, translator and editor

Reading List:
    Link
    ...maid of a reincarnated young miss/princess as MC was made would you prefer the maid to;

1. Watch over her young miss/princess when she takes revenge on people from her past alternative life and find romance until the end of the story? Or...
    2. Do the same thing as above but also find her own romance?

I'm making up a bit of a story plan already for this type of story but I doubt I'll actually write it. Even if I don't write the story itself I want to finish the story plan.

You can vote in the poll and or comment what you think.

2. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Does there have to be romance?

3. Haters gonna Hate

Haters gonna Hate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Takes revenge? Better go to the kitchen and make me a bloody sandwich

4. Tpst

Tpst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Option 2 for sure. As long as it didn't just pop out of nowhere and forced at the end and flows smoothly option 2 sounds nice.
    Would love to see a happy ending for MC's loyal aides too.

Ddraig and otaku31 like this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    so you mean current maid master want revenge for her/his past live? do they know each other well?
    action reaction~ cause and effect I don't care which route it takes as long as it is reasonable~ either da reason slowly revealed or just bam~
    19656.png

6. deanadiktus

deanadiktus day-night reversal

Reading List:
    Link
    Option 1 feels dull, might as well put an a 'side character only' on her....as for option 2, there is a ton of things you can do...its more interesting having that side character as the MC of her own branch of the story

7. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    The second option could expand the story. So i think if you're keeping the story short the first option should be easier. Reader can also relate better with fewer characters in short story.

8. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry I just won't read either way.

9. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you say @Maid Chan ? what would you do?

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Since you asked, Ai-chan shall answer!

Ai-chan would prefer that the maid help the princess achieve her vengeance without letting the princess actually do it. It's because the maid is in love with the princess and doesn't want to dirty the princess's hands. Her love is so strong that she'd rather be beheaded than to see anything bad happen to the princess due to the revenge thing.

She would follow the princess and be her confidant in everything but always puts stumbling blocks in the princess's way when she want to actually commit the deed. Basically, the maid would stop every attempt at the target's life, only for her to say to the target, "I didn't do it to save you, I did it so that my beloved person won't be stained by blood" then prompty killed the guy in the most torturous and horrific way possible. The maid trains her absolute best so that she can fulfill the princess's wishes (without her knowing) without dirtying her beloved princess.

The ending would be either the maid got caught and executed for the tortures and murders, causing the princess to know that the maid has been the one protecting her all this time. Or, the maid was found to be the one doing the tortures and murders and ran away to a distant land, with the princess running after her after realizing that she love her too.

Man, Ai-chan is such a great yuri goddess. If you don't want this story that Ai-chan said, Ai-chan will take it off your hands. :D

11. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    That's kinda dark Ai-chan. XD

Can i pick option 3? That's option 2 with yuri between the maid and princess

Ai chan likes this.
  12. econ

econ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2 seems more interesting, although it may burden the plot if not done right.