Spoiler If I Can't Be Your Wife

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by podojoaa, Dec 5, 2021.

1. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    This part was already translated :hmm:

Laerta likes this.
  2. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's useless tough, what's the point having Elsa-like powers, she only use her power to make whipped cream. LOL. When she was chased by Alexis knight in the forest, at least she could distracted them using her power, buying time for her escape, but alas she was so shocked that she forgot that she got the power. The same was true when she was attacked by her father, maybe she was so traumatized by her abusive father that she could do nothing but accept the beating. I guess her power only works when Alexis need some 'saving'.

3. november27

Reading List:
    Link
    But it’s said that she cannot control her power that’s why she doesn’t use it in mass scale . Like in the forest it’s not that she was shocked it’s that she couldn’t concentrate and doesn’t use it as it could harm luci

this is according to my memory,sry if I’m wrong

4. Hannah Potter

Hannah Potter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wowww.....no i mean..i'm really thankful and glad that "novelupdates spoiler thread" exists...thank god that i always come here before starting any novel
    i used to read almost the half of the novel before but i'm glad that i'm not an idiot after all.....
    so to all the trashy f*cking ml out there "go f*ck urself and die a million times"
    phew! that feels way better than a so called happy ending
    i'd rather read a sad and tragic ending than these crappy endings
    i'm literally craving for "satisfying endings"

5. twilight_123

twilight_123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with u...Just a recommendation...read 'Falling for the Enemy'... a comedy romance manhwa with a really interesting plot...it will ease down ur anger:blobsmilehappy:

6. november27

Reading List:
    Link
    Come here tyrant “ that’s the best romcom I’ve ever read :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

7. Syalalabla

Syalalabla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please, when will alex know that the child is his child ??

Laerta likes this.
  8. Hazel123

Hazel123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me briefly about the storyline from the beginning. I already read it but i really confused at some parts. Ty

Laerta likes this.
  9. Hannah Potter

Hannah Potter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks:blobparty: i appreciate that:cookie: imma definitely read it:blobmelt:

thanks u for thiss:blobxd:

Laerta and By.Eve like this.
  10. Purple Iris

Purple Iris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. So because he was poisoned at a young age and grew up unfeeling, that gives him the license to deprive his wife of the right to be treated as a proper human being?
    Are the authors running out of ideas lately, to use the same plot over and over again?

11. Deleted member 411209

Deleted member 411209 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the story, I guess I will start to read this.☺️

vannaokuzo and Sorabito like this.
  12. llaladeriver

llaladeriver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ikr the authors always try so hard to use any kind of bleach to whitewash those trash bags with a sad backstory. I mean, they're not the only ones who suffer, the fls suffer too but at the end of the day fls have to be the ones who are kind, loving, and forgiving saints

Elren, vannaokuzo, Rika77 and 5 others like this.
  13. lembayung

Reading List:
    Link
    It's abandoned Empress all over again, well at least Alexis consistent being a jerk to everybody even to his benefactor Edith unlike Ruve who being a jerk toward Tia and Tia alone.

Ikr, it's unfair really, the ML with a sad backstory would always be forgiven and happily ever after, but what about those OG Villainness in those 'Villainness body got possessed by the Isekai soul' Novel , they too have childhood trauma, eventho all they did mostly throwing tantrums and throwing things, but being branded as the lost cause so much that in the 1st TL, they deserved to get cheated on and later divorced or killed (what did people say? oh the ML deserved to be happy too, why must he stay with the depressed and crazy wife), and in the 2nd life, their body got possessed by some Isekai-ed and they just vanish into thin air , and the ML fall in love with the new Villainess instead of the OGFL.

vannaokuzo, Eelillya, Laerta and 5 others like this.
  14. llaladeriver

llaladeriver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I quoted my rant because I feel like its too long and people can skip it lol
    that's what I've been thinking as well while reading all this 'isekaied as a villainess' trope that's been overused. it's not like the og villainess are naturally crazy, although some of them are set that way (first bleach), they throw tantrums because they got childhood trauma as well but I think the authors don't even bother to dive in with that as they end up as side characters. after the og wives dead, there comes the savior aka isekaied folks from modern society (2nd bleach) then at the end the certified MLs-with-sad-childhood gets their license of being jerks (3rd bleach) and the foremost, isekaied wives that pity their sad childhood and let those MLs get their free ticket of happy ending (4th bleach) also some readers who only care for hot MLs despite them being absolute jerks come saying 'the ML deserves a happy ending' (5th moral bleach)

how about the og villainess? they don't deserve a happy ending? i have the urge to twist the perspective that these isekaied persons have to suffer just to give the MLs happiness they deserve lmao. in some stories, I believe the fls are most likely to have ptsd because of the mls' mistreatment but don't worry, we have another bleach on the shelves.

but yea in the end it comes back to our preferences. in my case, I just can't understand this trope. it's not like people can't have a sad backstory, that's a great element of character development but there's a degree to it. a lot some a lot of MLs are just straight aholes but forgiven at the end as if they did nothing smh:blobpopcorn_two:

15. lembayung

Reading List:
    Link
    If his emotions became weak due to exposure to the poison from an early age, he would have shown the exact attitude towards everyone.
    ‘Not to me.’

Asking someone who couldn’t bear children to try to give birth to an heir was not acting apathetically. He clearly knew what to say to effectively hurt her. He wouldn’t have said that unless he wanted to get rid of her.

Kathleen, ch 56

Finally FL who use their brain for once (I doubt she would use her brain in the next chapter, LOL). Ehem did you hear that Tia? I wonder why Ruve only lost his mind when it comes to you considering he too been poisoned from an early age.

Eelillya and lentilha like this.
  16. Sorabito

Sorabito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm loving this story in that I see it as a portrayal of a neural typical character and their interactions with someone who is neurodivrgent. Even before the reveal of the poison, the way he act seemed very typical of what I would expect. Somebody who is neurodivergent to act. Once the poison reveal came out, I was mildly disappointed because it then gave a legitimate medical reason why he acted that way. But, it is a good way to portray these types of characters without stepping foot into the community and possibly mucking things up.

Without a doubt this is a reading for an older audience. The chapters are so short. I would say 15 to 20 of these light novel chapters would be the equivalent of one chapter in a published printed book aimed at an adult audience. The pacing then is actually pretty good if I keep that in mind. A lot of action and exposition revealed within a short time span.

A friendly reminder to people who post and/or read these topics. You can always click on a user and select ignore. That ways. You won't have to see posts that they make. It could help you enjoy your experience in the spoiler forums and not engage in people that you do not find to enhance your experience.

17. gumshoerevolver

gumshoerevolver New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I don’t even know why people want to rant about the story when the tags clearly tell what ur getting from the story. The tags - “regretful ml”, “angst” etc have been described by the author and i think that so far he/she has delivered. If you don’t like the troupe then good for you… You don’t need to go on and on about how much u dislike it and just read stuff u like, cause people have different tastes. And also this just merely fiction… u don’t need to try to apply any sort of real life moral beliefs to a story that has fairies and magic. Just enjoy the story or let others enjoy it.

18. Linw

Linw Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone inlightened about the pregnancy of Kathleen:blobpats:. Before she run away she is pregnant in 3 months right? And after 3 years she give birth? How many months she carry the baby? I just confused:blobmelt:

19. lembayung

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fairy things, the pregnancy lasted for 3 years. That also the case with her mother and she got accused of cheating, her father didn't believed that she was his daughter till the temple confirmed with the paternity test.

Eelillya and snzzykitten like this.
  20. jajagem

jajagem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this seems like a trashy kind of angst genre. I'm not gonna waste my time reading the whole story when y'alls spoiler already showed how bad this is. i mean, you guys did great in translating and narrating the spoilers but the plot seems cringe and sooo gross.

Ophelia_Hecate likes this.