Discussion If I were born Japanese, would I still be "me" that likes anime?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To avoid another misunderstandings, I don't know much about Japan except from what I've seen in YouTube. No, not anime, but literal people in videos discussing the actual Japanese folks, rather than hearsay.

So if I were born a native in Japan, would I still be the same person that likes anime, including all the content comes with it, and not just from Japan, but also from China and Korea? I likely believe not, because I might be misinformed, but the environment (50%) and everything else in personal-social relationships (50%) is what makes who we are today, and still even now as continue to shape in to a new person, from our experiences and the knowledge with them.

There are a lot of advantages if I were born Japanese back in my timeline, but said advantages come with newer difficulties, and for one, I can be considered an actual "low-class social degenerate" by my suppose fellow peers. That is not a problem for the current me, but what about the Japanese "me"? Will I still have the same philosophy in life and society, if I were born Japanese in Japan back in my time of birth?

So many scenarios, but all I can continue is speculate. Speculation is all I can do, since I don't have the power to peek through time, or even traverse it. Needless to say, the me right now is technically equivalent to those social-recluse in Japan, who stay in their houses or rooms. I, have no problem since death is imminent for the likes of me, but what about the Japanese "me" that was raised in Japan?

Would I seek the fictional world or the real world? Would I be the same like those who died to crippling depression, and end myself by my hands or literally rot alone in apartments? Would I be different, and strive for something real and become like those in the society? Get my qualifications, land myself stable job, and settle down with my own family? Do the same as my parents did, and continue the perpetual cycle of society? When I think about that, it's scary. We are all anonymous by birth and when we die, we shall continue to be anonymous in the eternity of time.

2. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're born Japanese, you wouldn't become you, so the situation is invalid

For that "you" to like anime, it depends on that "you" surrounding

MrSplashy, Ai chan and nightcore34 like this.
  3. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't read it, cause it's nonsense.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Some random thing could've happened and your life would've been totally different even if you re-lived your 'current' life. Never mind having a completely new one in another country...

Meloman and KKristen like this.
  5. KKristen

KKristen Crazy Cat Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer to this question is as unpredictable as if you had asked "Would I still have the same interests if I had different parents? If I was a different gender? If I was born in a different time period? If my hair was a different color?" Any tiny thing could change the outcome of your life.

All I can say is that the people of Japan are as diverse as anywhere else, so it's better not to generalize a whole country. Some people like anime and are perfectly well-adjusted members of society. Some are awkward and reclusive. Some people don't care about it at all. Some people look down on it.

It's not that different from fans of Western comics or video games. And with Marvel movies making geek interests more mainstream and popular, who knows how time will change.

Ai chan, Arexio and AA70098 like this.
  6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The grass is always greener on the other side.
    Japanese men don't want to have sex with Japanese women while you all are obsessed with JAV and gravure idols.
    I am sure that if you were Japanese you would prefer _fill in your current country_'s women.

Humans are stupid like that

AA70098 likes this.
  7. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this, and my first thought was, "what a weeaboo"

SoulZer0, MrSplashy and Astaroth like this.
  8. gangsar1998

gangsar1998 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, because you would bring shame to the famiri now commit sudoku

AA70098 likes this.
  9. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most kids like japanese kids like anime just like most american kids like cartoons. As they grow older, anime is phased out except for the some long running series (one piece) and people will usually stick to manga if anything at all. Manga is far more common than anime in Japan.

10. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    My mother was proposed to by two men around the same time. I’ve always wondered what would have happened if she’d chosen the other guy. :hmm: Personally, I think she would have probably been happier, but there’s no way I would have existed. I look at “Man in the High Castle” and think, “man, there’s no way I would ever be born in that world” because my parents could not have met/would have been killed. There’s another turning point in my life in which I wonder about and think that if things had gone differently, I would never have become a Doctor Who fan (among other various differences). But that’s after my birth. Before my birth, with different parents, there’s no way I could exist.

To put a long story short, I believe that if you were born to different parents, without being a reincarnater or transmigrator it is 100% impossible that you would be you. If there was a point in your life which was a turning point, I think, yes, you could have taken a different path and not liked anime.

11. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    this post is so stupid it could be a meme. you should reading woke post or truth / conspiracy videos they will help you find yourself.

12. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If you were japanese, your personality would probably be... well much 'deteriorated' :blobsweat_2: (I mean you are not japanese and you are clearly suffering from delusions meaning you are or trying to be a shut in, perhaps you are actually aiming to be one :blobunsure:?) and you might ask or post something like "What is the fastest way to reincarnate and become prince charming with OP powers and perhaps become a supreme lord?" :blobpeek: if you've been a japanese, so thank god you are not :blobxd:

13. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I think about it, the very premise of my thread is retarded. Well, anyway, continue on with this discussion we shall.
    You... you have the nerve to farm forum currency on my thread, without bothering to read it at least in one or two sentences? Treason! You are committing treason against me!
    Yeah... but... but thinking about "what if's" always give me hope. If I failed in something or someone in this timeline, another "me" succeeded in another timeline, so it's regretful that I failed in this timeline. At least I succeeded in another time, and knowing this, makes me hopeful.
    As I stated in my OP, I don't know much about Japan except from what I've watch in YouTube. I'm not basing Japan on anime, because that's stupid.
    It's stupid but if it works, it ain't stupid is what I heard. I'm not talking about my taste in women though, even though I'm likely to prefer fictional women over real women?
    Unfortunately, I'm not, because I don't cosplay or buy merchandise.
    Solved it in about nine lifetimes.
    This I did not know. Now I know. Thanks for increasing my knowledge tree on Japan related things
    Every "what if's" are like that. You think, but then you start applying facts, and you forget until you start thinking again. Ha-ha!
    I already found my self. I believe I am not who I say I am or who and what they say I am. I believe I am beyond this, but currently am this. So no problems about who I am or what I am, because call me insane, but I do have a god-complex. Time will prove if I'm insane or not, when I'm dead. I can't confirm though from the other side, so you'll have to join me in another time. (serious here)
    I'm already a shut-in, and I'm just waiting to die as I waste my lifetime on the Internet. If I were Japanese, I would likely be either what you stated, or an average Japanese citizen. Best scenario would be that I'm a light novelist or game creator during the golden age, ya know?

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  14. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    If I was to lead the same life I had, just being born in Japan, yes I would still love anime/manga, lightnovels/webnovels, and hentai/doujinshi. Granted I am unsure if I would have married, started working as a young teen, or even dropped out of school after my first year of highschool. Actually I have no clue how I would have turned out, because the further back in time I go, the more i could see it benefiting me to have been raised in a different culture.

15. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Things like survival island, X factor etc

Getting insulted and eating shit on TV can make it you rich but it is still stupid

16. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me ask my parallel world that born Japanese.:hmm:

Yup, he said I still like anime, manga, etc. :blobok:

17. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    A bigger qualifying factor for being a weeaboo is wanting to be Japanese though, which is kinda in line with this thread.

18. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's completely stupid
    I don't want to born in a socially desperate and sexually frustrated country's
    I'm living a peaceful lifestyle

19. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes deep down I’m still the same, a degenerate that needs escapism to the fantasy world, all the more for a Japanese cuz society is damn annoying

20. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows.
    About the anime stuff,
    for me, I got into liking it because it's different from what I knew. A whole new world of cliches. Plus I like art.
    So, if all else being equal, anime was the starting point of normal for me, I'd probably end up being really into foreign films later on. Because it's something new.
    (Convenience plays a huge part of course, but ignoring that for now.)

Why do you find it scary?