Discussion If only everyone can "read" MATH.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How long do you think until researchers find a way to grant everyone abilities in the realm of fiction?

I mean it will be far from now but waiting for a thousand years is not good enough. I would like for us to enter a technological singularity soon, since it would jump start our entry to the distant future. Hopefully a future where people have superpowers. I do not really care much about alien invasions or sudden automaton rebellions. I just want powers! Powers! P. O. W. E. R. S.!

On a serious note; how much years do I need to study quantum physics and bio-tech if I want to start my own lab? You wondering why I'm asking this question? Simply because I want to rip time and space in boredom. Convince the laws governing our world to make an excuse for me to warp common sense to my own sense of logic.

2. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it takes a thousand. I think we will reach the realm of quantum computer within 50 years.
    When that computer is online, then every field would skyrocket.
    An even better quantum computer would be made each year, and the speed increases exponentially.
    In another 10 years, we will achieve bio-tech microchip implants in brain. We can access internet and typing directly with brain.
    Memory would be all downloaded via library. There will be no school, but only virtual simulator for a specific profession.

I think we can map the entire of humanity gene in another 50 years at most. Which basically increasing our genetic capabilities essentially without limit, with little side effects.

After that, I don't think anything is impossible at that point.

4. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SquadCammander354 likes this.
  5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Already exist
    [​IMG]

SquadCammander354 and Lazriser like this.
  6. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    You can do all those in your dreams. So yeah, neurotech will be the closest we will ever be to "unlimited power." Lol

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  7. yuzen

yuzen ⚝Ńihilisťič⚝

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly how I view a technological singularity. A jump start into the scientific future! All I can ask for is that human rights still have a domain in the authorities and free Internet for everyone.
    We would entering ESP territory. Not that I'm complaining but in cases involving ESP experiments, the subjects tend to die off from mental and physical exhaustion or survive with behavioral patterns unaligned with society. Common result of human experiments, that we all know will become a norm in places in the distant future.

9. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    There are three major hurdles standing in our way of technological superiority.
    1) power supply : A lot of things that can be built today that might seem SciFi, are basically constrained by the lack of a proper power supply. We already have railguns, laser based plasma generators, particle colliders, etc. But they all require massive setups for supplying power. Until we can have batteries with sufficient energy density and portability, it's gonna be hard.
    2) Over dependence on Electronics - as the name suggests, electronics run on electricity. Everything today more or less runs on electricity, and anything that doesn't needs to be converted back and forth. This narrows down our tech quite a bit. Photonics is an emerging field and is the reason internet is so fast nowadays. But it is solely used for information transmission.
    3) Material science : we have barely scratched the surface of all the materials in the universe. The ones naturallly available have been researched well, but we are still lagging in terms of synthesis. Aerogels and carbon nanotubes are just the beginning. We have yet to create a material that superconducts at room temperature. Let alone something that can store sufficient electric energy without too much leakage. Advances in this field can actually help solve the previous two problems as well.

Ps: if you want to rip space time, go try to understand general relativity first.

asriu and mir like this.
  10. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    your info is outdated.....we are already have quantum computers since last years....

mir and Martialegg like this.
  11. Beleren

Beleren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quantum Computers are more of a disappointment than you would suspect.

Not only are you incapable of mass producing them due to 1) Expensive materials 2) Strict environmental requirements for reliable operation, but they are also only better than your average computer in just some ways. Granted, those things they do better, they do so exponentially better, but again those are boring things that are unlikely to lead into what people are all hyped about.

Still, it is a pretty neat cornerstone of human achievement.

12. Martialegg

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh??? Holy shit o.o

Then it won't be long till we have a micro-chip brain implant. It will be within my lifespan.
    And We can actually play virtual reality SAO for real.

So, it's not that good as we thought huh? I thought it would be like at least ten times faster than the fastest supercomputer.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020
  13. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    it is, but the issue is the fact it's not good at data storage like your average computer....so in the end a supercomputer is faster because of that

Martialegg likes this.
  14. Martialegg

Reading List:
    Link
    In other words, it's still at the prototype stage?
    Then it's not a finished product? Do we have potential here? or just a wasteful kind that corrupt people would use to mask the money?

15. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    for you average consumer it's usless...for researchers is valuable....so it's not something that will be commercialized until they make new advance....

16. Martialegg

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, then i think it’s good enough if researches could make use of it. The goal is more on the advances on technology after all.

17. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:
    I don't know much about materials science, but I do know that whenever I've read about new discoveries/studies in this field, it nearly always blew my mind. It gives me the got feeling that there is alot there to be found.

18. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read math? What about writing with math?

19. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically speaking, you do not need to study quantum physics yourself. What you need are strong backing and some capital.
    Then hire CERN scientists to do the research.

asriu likes this.
  20. Irlin-senpai

Irlin-senpai I ain't got a Clue(-chan)

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to state my thoughts for a little bit.

You guys are talking about technological advance, which is a topic I myself am quite fascinated by.

However, we humans often failed to make advances as a society. You talk about implanting chips in the brain and all that, but rather than the good things that will bring about, I'm wondering what ill-effects it would have.

Humans in general are more destructive than constructive after all.

Okay, you may think I'm simply being too pessimistic, however, take world hunger for example. You might have heard of how there is enough food wasted every moment to feed all those in areas suffering from hunger strife, right? I personally think that this is an example of how we humans, as a whole, are still very less developed.

You also see many people on the internet that are just looking for things to diss at. Then talking about irl, there are so many things I personally fine are stupid so many people are concerned about.

Okay, I'm not gonna go in details about those.

In conclusion, what I want to say is that we humans have to make progress as a society first before our technological advance goes too far. Otherwise, we might all live in our personal VR worlds in the future, devoid of any real interactions with real human beings.