If Release that Witch had a game

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by juniorjawz, Nov 16, 2017.

?

Do you think someone can make a good RtW game?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Unknown

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like alchemy doodle + civilization ?

elengee likes this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Fire + Witches = ??? :sweating_profusely:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    juniorjawz likes this.
  3. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    hooo,

Kingdom Building,
    War,
    Love Simulator,
    Plot Branches,
    Love Scenes,
    Harem,
    Monsters,
    Troop Training,
    Scientific Advancements,
    Research,
    Magic,
    Swords,
    Guns,

Sengoku Rance!!!!???

SoulZer0, Neiden and juniorjawz like this.
  4. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a variety of different game types they could try out for the game, but which they could actually succeed with good result, is hard to predict.

Firstly, the important questions would be :
    1. Seriously true to the novel or just based on it ?
    2. R-18 modes available or not ? I mean, he effectively has a harem of willing ladies if he had ever wanted them

1. Which part of it would be most important ? Would it be like a VN / Eroge, something like Koihime Musou or Kamidori Alchemy Meister, focusing on the general story line but with lots of adult content available for the ones who want it? Would need a lot of decisions on how to make it work
    2. Would it be like civilization, not really any interaction at all, instead focusing on the development? Would be difficult, because a) the world is small b) there are already established kingdoms, and you just start out in the corner of one
    3. Would it be like Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis 4, one focusing more on nations, one more on the individuals leading the nations ? Because you're starting in the far away region, you could be ranked as a low ranked noble, but still have legitimacy towards the throne, but witches as a game thingie would be hard to make, and the massive technological difference wouldn't really be expressed well.
    Basically the way I see it, it has potential to become a game, but I can't think of any specific type of game which could cover all of it, and mixing it up wouldn't necessarily work out well either.

5. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on
    1. Whether Author allows the dev to do it
    2. Whether the devs want it
    Also I know it's going to be a split 50/50 for the gamers who want the true story or their own story, so players should be able to just follow the novel path 1:1 or just do whatever they want. @Cutter Masterson let your very own dreams come true :aww:
    Again dev & author choice. But personally they could just keep it at the Sims "woohoo" animation ( that's boring right :blobowoevil_horns:) or just told in another way. idk.

My ideas would mostly revolve around
    1. Building Border Town, allowing Sims style building editing but having the simple stuff like Civ style for the non builders.
    2. Population/Politic management. Handle food, resources, etc like those resource management games.
    3. Allowing to set your people and witches jobs ( imo this one of the stuff that made RtW a great read, seeing Roland assign work to people and witches)
    4. A proper battle system. Idk which system to use really, so many but with different style that might/might not fit. I can't give any feedback here.

Little experience with civ but yeah there should be developments like how your policy affect your community. Like changing their believes on the witches, etc. And also accepting you as a prince.
    On about the world, It would be small really in my imagination due to only needing BorderTown, the devil area, Timothy area and a bunch of forests and river for war scenes.
    "there are already established kingdoms, and you just start out in the corner of one"
    Well, that's basically the premise of RtW so the game should be like that. And it should be doable.

I'll just talk about the witches part.
    Here I was thinking on witches being people which you give unique/specialized jobs once you (the gamer/MC) finds her strength. You choose what she does. Maybe some witches don't agree and reject you so they will probably do their own thing.
    You manage what witches can do, assign jobs and take care of MC relationship with witches (through dialogue choices, action, etc)

True. It depends on the game foundation and what elements do they mix in. Personally I think it's possible just from this game( Sims Medieval) + added kingdom battle scenarios like from Civ or something appropriate (Roland army vs Timothy army, Witches vs Church, etc). And add some depth ( not complexity, we don't want that ) to the available systems.

Also we need to know whether we want to fully live out their experiences (Sims style)
    Or more simpler story telling style (idk which ones are a good example)

Again, do look at it and see if you can improve upon. Or something more along your preferences. :D

Boi I typed a lot, I wonder if any of that was just blabbers.

6. igiveup

igiveup a good boy

Reading List:
    Link
    You could create a story based kingdom building game like it.

Like if u wanted 2 kiddify it, and not make it a dating sim with big breasted witches,

"Time Wars"

Year 3000, a mad scientist/wizard publically releases blueprints for a time machine that can only go too set date. Soon various changes happen in the now due too changes in the past, and major powers can't ignore it.

X people have been sent back in time from various factions 2 try and change history 2 suit their ends.

Have a few default 1/2 totally evil end-boss peeps, with OP bonuses.

You get 2 choose between a few peeps, and each peep gets a few bonuses too territories they control. Like some drastically speed up engineering shit, others military shit, others medicine & food, others gold generation.

You could start off as a lord of a region.

It'd be easier if it was a story type game though like visual novels and RPGs, rather than a simulation type game like Civ.

i.e. The terrority the dude gets sent back too is set, then there are multiple routes that can happen depending on what choices the dude makes.

7. nikomaru

nikomaru 「Will of the Newtype」「NullPointerException」

Reading List:
    Link
    League of Legends
    Madou Koukaku