If super power is a thing...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, May 23, 2019.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If super power is such a thing in this world, people would be giving up their freedom for security. And oh, there is no tax cuts, no such things. Just watch your tax money inflated 50% and quality down 90%, to repair the constantly damage infrastructures, medical cost, and who knows what. You think Caption America, Iron man, Superman and so on can fight like the whole world is their stage without unintentional killing, damage, and misplacing people? Boy, if super human beings is like the wildfire in California--you bet it, people is going on an outrage cry!

What do you think? If super power is a such thing in our mundane world.

Suton likes this.
  2. CuiFen

CuiFen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I have super powers, my life would be much easier.....:sweating_profusely:

3. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    "people would be giving up their freedom for security" This already is reality. People don't want guns because a policeman can to teleport for anyplace in the city.

Anyway, for the society survive the State will need be removed or everyone will die starving. Wait, when super powers, even with nuclear bombs, maybe, you can remove yourself from state and lives finally free.

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  4. Unrivaledfury

Unrivaledfury Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I First saw a superhero movie when I was a kid, i was wondering if the uncle buried under the building was still alive? Well, I could say thats one of the reasons I never liked superman till now. Out of marvel and DC universe, I only find Batman acceptable.
    If superhumans come in our real life then there will also be superhumans who will work for the government and keep track or monitor, and people will invent foolproof or secure buildings well, it will take time but humans are quick to adapt.

5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    If superpowers existed it would be better to use them to improve infrastructure than to fight, so basically you'd just have a new kind of blue collar upper class.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  6. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll establish a real Cardinal Cult. We shall become one of the most powerful super-villain organizations in the entire world.

CuiFen, Asdq, strayCat0 and 1 other person like this.
  7. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Some kinds of abilities akin to superpowers does exist though. Also, not all superpowers is about destruction.

8. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    If Super powers are a thing then Anarchy would set in or countries can only remain stable if Patriotic/Nationalistic individuals get the best powers.

9. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I choose what superpower first?

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the superpower to slap face over the internet and make others cough blood. :blobhero:

11. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think ppl would be mad since the reason that super heroes exist is because super villains exist. what would you prefer? 10 square blocks destroyed from being saved or have the entire city/world slowly die from some virus that kills everyone horribly?

12. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, life either got more dangerous or more convenient. Probably both. With super powers, technology may or may not advance while products and services will probably be more widely available and cheaper. Meanwhile, it'll be a super powers arms race. My bet is on those countries with high population and national loyalty. Maybe China and India? Of course, some smaller country might get lucky and get a someone with a super power that outclasses everyone else.

13. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    If super power are common and well distributed it should create balance of power. I agree that the avenger destroy a lot of things intentional or not and there's no excuse to their ill consequence.

cap.toon likes this.
  14. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If super powers were to be real and everyone got them, I imagine either of two scenarios:
    • Planet destroyed faster and all life gone, of course some with great powers will go look for other planets to live on or conquer
    • Some sort of global understanding or should I say mind synergy would be founded and within years earth would become like planet OA from the DC universe comics and humans will become something like the guardians

15. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    If there were superpowers, I would be too busy fearing for my life and repairing my home to give a shit about the rest of the dystopian nightmare around me tbh

16. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Hasn't this been turned into an anime?
    [​IMG]

Sorry.... wrong pic...
    [​IMG]

I mean...
    [​IMG]

P.S.
    [​IMG]

17. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean it's not like you have freedom in the first place. You, I and everybody else is dancing on the palm of the Government's hand. It's just that the grip is not too tight

18. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I will destroy the world

19. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Brightburn? Depends on your superpower and your ability to cope and/or internalize your situation.

IDK. Sounds possible, until another superpower comes into play.

Imagine the cost of that secure building.

Ya think the elite cares? Just stronger soldiers to fight their wars for them.

I think not. Super villains exist because people are awesome at creating the problems that lead to mental breakdown.

Can't say. The avenger have been fighting for a while and peace isn't one of them. I guess cooperation will only comes into existence once the country head decides they want to and so follow the super power.

20. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I like your perspective but think about it, people with super powers (of course how strong and lethal the super power is will vary from one person to another), some of those people (with insane amount of powers) no one will be able to control them, and depending wheter they are good or bad, there are several different possible futures.
    My point is, the concept or rather notion of country, country head and army might not even continue to exist, for all I know, some lunatic with an insane power might be born and decides to make everyone participate into a death match or perhaps even as @Nakakure (don't mean you) will blow the entire planet and galaxy then decides to live in space alone or something.