Discussion If you get transmigrated in a book, do you think you'd realize?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Bad Storm, Sep 30, 2021.

?

what genre you want to be transmigrated on

1. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

16.9%
  2. Slice of Life

26.0%
  3. Fantasy

42.9%
  4. Drama

2.6%
  5. Tragedy

1.3%
  6. Scifi

11.7%
  7. Cultivation (I dunno what you call them... xuanxia? wuxia?)

23.4%
  8. Rom-Com?

15.6%
  9. Food novel! (Biased Stormy loves this so I'm putting it)

14.3%
  10. others

2.6%
  11. *noms skullie*

1.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, would you even remember the major and minor plot lines? Do you think you would even know the character you got transmigrated to? I really find it weird sometimes how transmigrated mc knows every little details of the book they've read. Well yah, I guess plot armor...

2. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Fantasy and Cultivation. Would be fun getting to use fictional powers, high chance of dying though.

3. Muskanoo

Muskanoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup me as well:blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused:
    I even forget what did I eat in yesterday's dinner
    How they are able to remember even which brand shoes are wearing by the villains

Snowbun and Bad Storm like this.
  4. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    High risk, high return. At the very least it seems to be the most exciting genres

5. Munimuyi

Munimuyi Chili <33

Reading List:
    Link
    Fantasy, and I probably won't even remember a single bit of information from the book...
    Considering that I have pretty bad memory I will forget about all of the most important plots and won't know what part of the book I'm even in and what character I am.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  6. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably remember the plotlines, unless its one of those 200+ chapter webnovels, abut whether I realize it or not depends at on where and when I am located compared to the plot.

Gadget likes this.
  7. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Or that super minor character that disappears after one chapter and never appear again...

Snowbun, Muskanoo and Gadget like this.
  8. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If I meet some of the main characters and/or see some of known events, I think I should be able to realize XD

Gadget likes this.
  9. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    If I transmigrated into a book, I'd probably just think that I was insane.
    But one of those depicting theoretical utopias would be maybe nice

10. Noni606

Noni606 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not understand how you all choose fantasy, you understand that it means 99% that there are no cell phones, chips or air conditioner, right? Science fiction is much better, imagine how comfortable humans will get.

DoNotLikePie likes this.
  11. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    We are all in a book called the akashic records. Every thing that ever was, will be, and anything else possible or impossible is there. The only difference is if I have special knowledge of the future concerning very specific people considered to be main characters in a certain perspective.

12. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fantasy
    I recently read The Alchemist of Harry Potter, if I got transmigrated into Harry Potter. I definitely remember the plots lol
    But honestly I'm so curious to see whether all the MLs will like FL in reverse harem novel (granted that no one other than me transmigrate over)
    Or a yaoi novel is good too
    I wanna be in the sidelines watching them lovey dovey UWU

13. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Fantasy cause you can learn Magic and I will probably be just a Hermit living in the mountain alone learning Magic.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  14. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I would remember the plot, main characters and important side-charas and their relationships with each other, and the eye-catching world-building elements.
    I want to tramsigrate into a gourmet novel too! I wanted to transmigrate into Japan! Some years ago. Or Shougeki no Sõma.
    But science-fi is cool. I want to experience high-end technology and travel through space! Otherwise, into a relaxing SOL.

Bad Storm likes this.
  15. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation...cause now I know their plot like a textbook...

If I get up in a bedroom with no one else and it's quite luxurious then I'm a young lord who has a tricky status in a middle or low class clan...

And some asshole poisoned me.

If normal methods find no cultivation talent in me then that means there's a godly body cultivation technique somewhere I need to find. Or some treasure that is on me or in me that I need to check on.

If I'm engaged then blah! I need to run like there's no tomorrow and cancel it before she does it to save all the complexities.

Hmm just that I'm quite familiar and pretty much anything I do I will get everything so it's a perfect choice for a lazy prick like me muhahaha

Gadget likes this.
  16. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    magic can replace those

you don't read much sci-fi do you? I don't want to end up in a post-apocalyptic world, have earth invaded by aliens , fight terminator-like robots, or worse.

17. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    assuming if i have read the book that i have isekai'ed into, i'd probably need some reference before i connect the dots..
    i would probably remember the overall plot of the story and some random funny or heartfelt moment in the story. but i probably couldn't remember the description of their face.. so blindly looking for the main cast of the isekai world while trying to profit from the plot that i remember

Bright_Lucky_Star and Baldingere like this.
  18. Noni606

Noni606 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    לא אכפת לי למות באלימות כל עוד הוא בחדר עם מיזוג אוויר.

19. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on how familiar i am with the book. I'd probably be able to guess the moment i meet the main character along with side characters.

20. One Perfect Veteran

One Perfect Veteran [ICL] [Bureaucat] [Cereal Killer]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I would for major plot lines. At least most of them. Probably...
    2. No, I would not. Would I realise that I transmigrated? If I have my memories then 100 percent. Would I realize where I transmigrated? Not a chance in the world. Unless I am thrust right into the thick of it I would not know anything at all.
    3. Book mcs are special people. Maybe they are not people at all...
    4. a) Cultivation? Yes, but I would probably die or be some kind of victim of horrific abuse.
    b) Fantasy? Yes, but I would probably be that crazy person who died from doing too many dangerous experiments. Or I would again be some victim of horrific abuse who will turn into a lich and be one of the minor villains of some unimportant arc!
    c) Rom-com? Yes, I chose rom-com. Omg, I don't even know. But don't you wanna experience that sweetness too sometimes?! Though I can't really imagine who I would be in a rom-com. Would I remember the plot lines? Definitely not. But I guess it would maybe probably be a little bit fun if I transmigrated there. Not as fun as the above two where I horifically die of torture of course...
    d) I don't want to get disilussioned with the world by transmigrating into some kind of sci-fi where lives are numbers and entire planets are mind controlled through the use of some sci-fi devices.
    e) Tragedy? I would probably be the one to cause the tragedy and live with the guilt of it for the rest of my life... or turn into a trigger happy murderous sociopathic disgusting freak.
    f) Drama? Lessgo! Down the bridge and into the river we go! Drown the sorrows literally! Though I would not even realize I am in a novel if I transmigrated into drama probably...
    g) Slice of life? The same as rom-com.
    h) Food novel? I will be working in some old run-down building cutting onions for 50 years...

Baldingere likes this.