Discussion If you were an MC, what kind of weapon would you carry with you?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Isaac20, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, what about having a relic that turns your vocal cord to allows you to let out a banshee cry?
    Also, have anyone heard of Overheal? It's a disease caused by too much healing that same like drug addiction but more lethal since heal was like accelerating your cells regeneration to heal body, its like a cancer but more and more horrifyingly unnoticeable.

Isaac20 likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    What? No! You want me to have to deal with the fact I killed someone!? It would probably make me have nightmares for the rest of my life. Dear God, what kind of psychopath are you!? >.<
    Alice recommends you visit your local psychiatrist~

Isaac20 likes this.
  3. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Miss, Alice you do know that banshee cry was so loud that it could just buzzed over your enemies and might aided your allies to fight? Even a cleric could fight in close range by staff bashing, look at Grimgar. Sad there was no s2.
    The world isn't exactly a kind place, I mean if there's church what are the odds that there won't be a demonic cult. Therefore churches also trains Paladin in their defense. If you said you wouldn't kill, as much as noble it was. Please know that if you're in rpg world and you couldn't use buffs or healing magic, your allies are dying defending a helpless cleric. You'll die...
    (Sorry, but just saying my opinion)
    Also, Eden Zero sister Ivry, well she certainly goes to psychiatrist and was able to hold herself back to at least 6 years without tormenting people with Overheal Destroy

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Isaac20 likes this.
  4. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah..ikr.(y) So you want to be a magician or a girl with a sword. Here goes...

207a313e0adb0231b5993ea7f4ac2525 (1).jpg

a7616a99782134ed378574b5e0fb438c.jpg

Another sword man...:)

Sword and Spear..
    20210331_145814.png

Longbow
    8a42d5049dcab92215342495487f7eb8.jpg

Yeah.. That's true.:hmm:

Whoa... Badass MC haa?! I didn't know you had such a thirst for blood!!!:blobfearful:

63fc8b770e9e614430133e01a0f731ed.jpg

Cool... So you're also a badass MC ha!..:blobsweat:

minimalizm-devushka-kinzhal-kinzhaly.jpg

*cough cough* what's this?! I think it's a +18 rated weapon. Sorry, I'm still underage.:blobsweat_2:

Da hack! Boba you!! Haaa...:blobdead:

20210331_154023.jpg

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait wait wait? Allies? Enemies? Fight? Why do you wanna put me in a battlefield!? I'd be the first to die! >.<

Leave the fights to the army, I'm not gonna get involved. I'll be at the church healing the wounded and aiding the families of the deceased, I have no intention of getting involved in any fight whatsoever.
    I wouldn't need any defending because I'd not get involved in the battles in the first place. I'm a Villager A, not the Protagonist of a Shounen Anime.

Moreover, I would probably be extremely safe since a cleric is a very respectable position, one that would usually not be killed even if a war broke out between my country and another, as that would be disrespectful to the world's god (s). Moreover, healers are usually neutral parties that don't take sides and are willing to aid those that come asking for help. So even if my city was taken over by a hostile force, they'd probably just ask me to heal their troops instead of trying to kill me... And I'd have no problem in aiding the wounded, regardless of what side they are at.

The only time I'd ever be in danger would be if a religious war broke out... Which happens from time to time of course, but are by no means as common as wars for political and monetary reasons.

PS: Banshee cries are known to either announce death or to cause death... Not stun... >.>

6. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless the one who invades your city were barbarians. Should I recount of Vandals sacked Carthage and have the priests being strip naked and were shipped back to Rome?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's fair to compare a cursed princess oracle with your average cleric.

Especially because what happened to her caused so much divine wrath that most of the Greek fleet was destroyed by it... I mean, sure, what happened to her was still horrible, but she is definitely the exception and not the norm...

8. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, true but if we're looking forward in ages. Boudeca, the barbarian queen of Brits, in her age of fighting the roman slaughters an island full of Britons priests in order to weaken the foundation of their faith to the god, you a priest/ cleric (honestly Its hard to find the difference between the two) are not well safe, if the one your kingdom up against have no sense of morality.

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, religious wars do put clerics in danger. It doesn't mean that religious wars are common when compared to political wars.

10. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    It does very well serve as a tactic to weaken an enemy.
    Another weapon, Terror.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if your religion isn't shared with the enemy. And considering wars usually happen between neighboring forces, it is very common for religions between both sides to be shared.

And well, killing priests that are devoted to deities you believe in would be heresy, so most wouldn't do it.

12. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell that to Cersei

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link

14. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    At the very least, please tell me cleric knows exorcism and anti demonic magic

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Those seem like the arts that put the cleric in danger the most though? Like directly dealing with hostile demons, spirits and what not.

I'd imagine only high clergy would learn that.

16. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, a scenario whereupon a the royal of a nation on which your city at. Decides to make a dark dealings with Infernal powers, and soon the whole nation were on a possession out break, the churches were helpless due to 'untrained' clerics are unable to assist even the slightest to fend off the corruption. In the end, you died. And worse you become the pawns for evil forces.

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yeah? That's what happens to your everyday villager when your king goes mad with dark powers and decides to destroy everything... You die.

That's just normal, you shouldn't really expect to survive a literal attack from hell on Earth...

Maybe your local hero can run away and gather the forces of light or something to then comeback to his now devastated home kingdom to defeat evil and save the world, but... Well, good luck to the hero I guess? The common citizen will just die at those calamities though.

18. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    More the reason I favors Villains than forces of Heaven

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    And I Favor The Villainess! \(^^)/

20. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Penelope Eckart and Medeia Beliard?

I'm not a fan of Yuri, though have slight interest on the reverse.

Isaac20 likes this.