Discussion If you were an MC, what kind of weapon would you carry with you?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Isaac20, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Voracious_Cachinnations

Voracious_Cachinnations Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A book on economy 101. Hopefully within a year I'll install central banks.

Ginko Biloba likes this.
  2. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Wow it was fun.:blobrofl: Sure it's an absolutely useful weapon! Nice idea vora!(y)

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    A Lyre I guess. I would be my magical weapon that allows me to play healing music that heals the injuries of the wounded.

... What? You don't seriously expect me to get an actual weapon, do you? I'd freeze if I was ever given one, there's no way I'd ever be able to kill someone, I'd just die on the spot.

A healer's weapon would be much more suited for me. I could work at a temple or something as a cleric.

Isaac20 and Raven Evernight like this.
  4. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead, as a MC, ya choose to be the second FL as a cleric with healing powers... Amen!
    20210329_182137.jpg

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much! xD

Although... I reverse searched the image because I wanted to find out the source before downloading... So that I could name the image in my folder and stuff... Well...

Apollena:
    A goddess who rides a chariot that pulls the Sun and plays a harp. She becomes bored as her only task is to make the sun rise and set. So she plays her harp while she rides her chariot. Her harp playing is terrible.

I don't want to play the lyre terribly! I'd learn properly, alright! >.<

Isaac20 likes this.
  6. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice... But the last part is...:blobsweat:
    Sure why not. Ya can do it Alice..believe me. I think it's not that hard. I can play the guitar. So yeah...:blob_patpat:

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye, I'd love to learn one day tbh. I used to play the keyboard back when I was younger, but I haven't played it in forever. I already forgot most of the positions for the left hand as well... >.>

But I do love music, I also considered learning the piano, but I think I'd like something smaller... A lyre would be nice, I also love its sound~ <3

Isaac20 likes this.
  8. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    So my guess was right... Ya love music. Well I like it too. I can play the piano as well since it’s like a traditional thing in our family. Lyre's sound is so soft and sensitive.. It'll suite ya.

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. Nisarah

Nisarah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh this is fun. magic staff, I always imagined my of as magician, or sword/katana, it's cool you know.

Isaac20 likes this.
  10. chillidude

chillidude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sword

same here if its a magic world

Isaac20 likes this.
  11. Dhrunic

Dhrunic New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spears are god tier weapons no doubt. If we get into weird sword ki/aura type shit then at that point literally any weapon at that point is good since range doesn't matter.

Isaac20 likes this.
  12. Ginko Biloba

Ginko Biloba [♤Blackjack Sect Mascot♤] [☆100MB SPAMMER☆]

Reading List:
    Link
    A nuclear weapon. If I was a novel MC I want a nuclear weapon. 1 of it is enough to make millions of people cower.................I guess I am more of a villain than an MC with this though.......

Isaac20 likes this.
  13. iRynoh

iRynoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely daggers, assassin style.

Isaac20 likes this.
  14. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really depends on the world, how it deferrers from our own in nature, and the level of development and culture.

What I would like, if it was a high magic world, would be something using electro magnets, powered by lightning magic, to launch a projectile.

A Sword and dagger/knife would be likely as secondary weapons

Not really.
    Do not apply Game of fantasy writer logic, it is far from reality. Like a sword being anything other then the secondary weapon when not fighting with a shield or in close quarters urban warfare

Axes, real made for war/combat axes, would require less strength then a sword to kill, since they focus the impact and damage to one point, meaning the energy is more concentrated.

The total weight is also not that different then a sword. just placed closer to the business end.

and that the author knows nothing about what a scythe made for combat looks like.
    A farming scythe is not a combat weapon, when they got use din war they were modified and the blade positioning changed so you could use sweeping attacks.
    The pop culture design for a scythe is closer to a war pick, and would need to be used like one
    They just suck against heavy armor. Other then gaps, which you do not have time to aim for in a straight forward fight, most do not have the mass or force to penetrate.

I have seen sparring matched between sword and spear users, unless there are other factors involved (like shields) spear almost always wins since it is to hard to get within the spears reach.

Isaac20 likes this.
  15. coures

coures Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's right. It's why I wanted a halberd for myself. A weapon which takes advantage of its long range would've made me feel safe without having to lower my lethality rate. Instead, I always end up with a sword, and since I hate getting damaged due to rekless behavior, I end up being some thicc zerker swordie in all the games I play.

The only time I got to play with a spear is when I had a DnD session with my friends and I still ended up dying too fast to savor the taste of a spear-like-weapon in my fictional character's hands. :cry:

Isaac20 likes this.
  16. LolMania

LolMania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A metal cock of 3 meters that hits and enemy and travels in my hand again, with a buff of pleasure +999

17. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean a dildo?

LolMania likes this.
  18. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Scratch all my previous weapons . I want oni-Chan bathwater as my weapon . It’s godly immortality water .

LolMania and Raven Evernight like this.
  19. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes when I think about a sword, I don't exactly gets the power of the blade but rather the tales it bears, like Cortana.
    [​IMG]
    Cortana is based on the legendary sword Curtana, attributed to Ogier the Dane and the legendary knight Tristan. The real sword, Curtana, also known as the "Sword of Mercy", is a ceremonial sword used at the coronation of British kings and queens and is one of the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom

Why not a reverse harem book that could summon a horde of literally Yaoi harem to agonized your enemies?

LolMania and Isaac20 like this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmm, the piano is really beautiful, I really love it~

In retrospect, I really wish I had learned the Piano instead of the keyboard... It's just so prettier~ <3

But yeah, I think I'd really like a Lyre, it's always been one of my favorite instruments~
    I also really like the flute myself though, but I think I won't try learning it... Who knows though? Maybe one day~

Isaac20 likes this.