Discussion If you're a villain, how would you deal with the MC?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Bad Storm, Aug 3, 2021.

?

Do you like heroes or villains?

1. Heroes, plot armor ftw

6.8%
  2. Villains, they just cool yanno

28.8%
  3. Mob character living a happy life

30.1%
  4. I want to be either the MC's best friend or someone emotionally important to the villain

12.3%
  5. hungry unopinionated potato

19.2%
  6. others

4.1%
  7. Skullie connoisseur

8.2%
  8. Yes

23.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I made the thread when I was barely conscious, I can't remember the original intention now

2. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    MC transmigrated into a minor villain from a rpg. He saves a lot of people but secretly for reasons. And at some point, he gets trapped by the main villain who wants to destroy the world, and he has to accomplish tasks for him, while sneakily working against him. So against his will, he does oppose the protagonist he had an amicable acquaintance relationship with up to that point.

If I'm a demon king, I would stop the war, organise demon land, then pass on the throne to a succubus, take a long holiday to live my cottagecore dream and come back to assume the post of library head at the castle town (it would become an amazing library, a cat cafe is guarantuated!). If I'm the evil king who summoned the hero to take advantage of him, same thing but with a "make up with wife and kids and make sure the kids become good people with morals and smarts" option.

3. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, yeah, that does sound similar.

Well, that’s probably how most forced into villainy plot will run. If someone doesn’t actually want to be evil, then something is going to force them to be evil. If someone is evil, the hero will have to be fought. Writing this will probably create a lot of mental anguish for the MC.

Baldingere likes this.
  4. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be sideline, mob character..

Try reading To be a Power in a Shadow ...
    You'll see what kind of mob i wanna be.

Baldingere likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd obviously seduce the hero! Then we'd live a happily ever after life as a couple! \(^^)/

6. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To take a page from the princess bride, I would have me and my top subordinates develop an immunity to a specific poison, one that works on contact would be best, and is fatal if untreated.

Then have someone who has developed an immunity seduce/honeytrap the hero, and administer the poison by having it mixed in with the various "aids" used during that night. if it is fast enough then they hero fall asleep after his "fun" and never wakes up.

7. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I would ignore them and focus on what I want to do

8. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I turn it into one of those childcare novels where villain raises MC and therefore doesn't get murdered by them? :sweating_profusely:

Baldingere likes this.
  9. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so, the setting I'm going with is "I'm reincarnated into another world, as a villain character. I know enough to know that I was a villainous character, and who the hero character was supposed to be, but not enough to actually know the story's original plot was, or even if I was either the end-story boss or an early-story trash-mob boss. I don't even know if I was killed, betrayed, beaten into submission, or killed off-screen later down the line. I also am uncertain as to whether or not this world is based on a Video Game or a Novel/Movie, or if there's a levelling system (unless everyone in the world is aware of the levelling system). Everything else is malleable".

First assumption I'll make is that there are other reincarnated people in the world, with the possibility of the hero character being one of them. Second assumption I'll make is that either something's going to destroy my family before the plot starts, and the local area's going to go to hell in a hand basket sometime soon after the plot starts. First things first, ignore the hero, unless they start picking fights with me. Secondly, train myself, preferably in magic for range, and decent close-combat weaponry like pole arms, if it's a sword-and-spell world or a cultivation world. Sci-Fi worlds are a LOT more complicated, and I can probably just get a standard job in an office somewhere to never get into trouble with the story's hero, and may be able to skip the plot entirely by doing so.

I'd honestly prefer a sword-and-spell world to a cultivation world, due to being pretty terrible at self-reflection, and cultivation having that as a primarily limitation on growth, particularly as you progress. Both do typically require you to be good at close combat to defend yourself, and both typically give some overly high significance to swords (because everybody overly focuses on those), but they aren't the only close combat weapons in the world, and non-magical ranged weaponry is often of minor importance, with even the most powerful being able to be disabled or outright destroyed with just a few dozen weapon strikes, at most, if you're sufficiently skilled or powerful.

I would avoid pushing myself too hard while growing up, both to enjoy my new, second, childhood, and to prevent myself from causing self-harm by pushing myself too hard while I'm too young. This plan may go out the window if it becomes apparent that training to a certain point while you're still young heightens your future potential (like it does in most Cultivation Stories) instead of hindering it (like it does in reality), but it's a good working concept to start with that would prevent me from crippling myself before I learn the local language (assuming I'm even mentally developed enough at that point to think about it, which varies). I would also want to discover if there's a levelling system, and if people who fight monsters are strong either as a result of fighting monsters, or so that they have the ability to fight monsters, if there even are monsters (if there isn't monsters, I can disregard being in a RPG Style Video Game).

If I'm bothered by the Hero, especially while ignoring them, I would query it both with the local authority figures, local populace, and the person themselves. Specifically, I would question them to their face about their actions, before asking about them and their actions to those that know them, and possibly go to the local police if I feel like their actions constitute harassment. Unless, of course, the "hero" is a noble's son/daughter, I'm a commoner, and the local police equivalent are the guards hired by the noble who's son/daughter is harassing me, at which point I would want to avoid them as much as possible, and leave town if at all reasonable, or even possible.

Also, all of the above is assuming that I'm living in a safe place with plenty of food, water, protection from the elements and major harm, and have a chance to get an education. If I'm an orphan living off of scraps on the street, and only the nobles learn how to read, I'm not exactly going to start trying to learn how to fight or cast magic without additional assistance.

10. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm the villain, I'll deal with the hero as a rival-opponent instead of an enemy.
    It's because I'm weary of the hero having plot armor. You can respect a rival, you can have mercy for an opponent, but an enemy has to be destroyed. I don't want the hero to see me as an enemy, thus I won't treat him as such.

Also, heros typically don't put appropriate protection around their family and friends until they have already started troubles with dangerous people. I would indirectly target them, not to seriously harm them, but to distract and delay the hero while I continue to strenghten myself.

If the hero is one of those arrogant hot headed youth, I may very well have my indirect minions cut a limb from his family-friends to teach him a lesson about not looking for trouble, or it will be MAD (thought I would trick him into MAD with someone he has already offended, thus one less rival for me).

If the hero has a hot sister-aunt-cousin he cares about, depending on the situation and their personnality, I may very well seduce and bang them. If the hero is attracted to other girls, but isn't decisive in claiming them, I'll make a move on the ones I like. He can't complain if I win them over without looking like a loser, and look worse in their eyes.

Anyway, if the hero is reasonable, we will be non-mortal rivals (shudders as the term "eternal rival" crossed my mind with Gai doing his 'nice guy' pose). If the hero is unreasonable, I will be the hidden boss that will lead him to his doom while pitting him against my enemies.

11. Reverand Insanity

Reverand Insanity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would scam the mc

baka8roukanako and Sti_les like this.
  12. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Sti_les

Sti_les Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Deal with him/her quietly, but if Heaven's will stood in the way, let others took care of the MC. I realized the reason all the villain lost was because they talked too much. They delivered the villain punch line too long to let them escape. Like what Lord Voldemort did...T_T

14. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Make the MC addicted to having sex with me.

15. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if he's not your type?
    I'm not a lolicon, so I wouldn't touch one no matter what, even the so-called legal loli. Can you really bear having so much sex with someone you're not physically attracted to?
    Or whose personnality is unbearable? One Piece is funny, but I wouldn't want to have to deal with Luffy's high stupidity. I can't read fanfics where self-inserts join his crew. Naruto is stupid, but he can learn a little. Luffy is a lost cause.