Recruitment I'm A Japanese Translator Looking For Proofreaders...

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by LovelyLight4, May 15, 2020.

1. LovelyLight4

LovelyLight4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm Hinami, a newbie Japanese Translator. I am looking to start a small team where we can translate Japanese novels and post them here. I am a newbie translator, who has to rely on MTL heavily more often than not, and am looking for a proof reader that can help me with my mistakes and edit my translations to readable form.
    It may end up as quite the difficult task since I'm still learning, and therefore I request the assistance of anyone that can manage it, make grammar errors correct and make the sentence flow better etc. There is no pay, and we will be doing business over discord. You can either reply to this thread to apply, or you can contact me at @Hinami#8174 at discord.
    Incidentally if you wish to know what novel I have in mind, its this: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-headhunting-lady-and-her-double-suicide-seeking-suitor/
    I can do other novels, as long as they are shoujo.
    EDIT: I think I should specify that I'm looking for TLC's, editors for my translation entirely, not just proofreaders^.^

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  2. LovelyLight4

Reading List:
    Link
  3. AdCaelum

AdCaelum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than a proofreader, you might need an editor and translation-checker if your work needs a lot of help.
    A proofreader can only help with checking for simple errors. If you're worried about your level of translation, I strongly suggest a TLC accompany you.

4. LovelyLight4

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I see, I understand. Thank you for the information, I'll edit my post!

5. pnemnn

pnemnn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'd be glad to lend you a hand. I can understand some Japanese yet it's too basic to be of help. I'm much more comfortable applying as an editor. If you're on discord, contact me at pnemnn#4016 or at [email protected]. Much thanks!

6. mannibal1

mannibal1 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello!! are you still looking for editors?