Spoiler I'm a Martial Art Villainess but I'm the Strongest!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jan 1, 2021.

1. blnk_spce

blnk_spce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I don't know where to buy the physical copies. I bought the Google Play version, but it is lacking the side stories.

He gets a good ending. I don't know how the manhwa will approach this, but Haewon helps him by using the poison in her body. It subdues that worm + demon's control. I am re-reading the novel, but from what I remember, he ends up falling for Haewon too. He helps Haewon and co. against the demons, so yes, he turns against his family. He gets seriously injured in the process, but he is saved. He sticks around Haewon's home after he is cured (same with her ex, actually) to request to be Haewon's concubine (which she rejects), but he lets her know he's available. :blobxd:

This hot spring scene was skipped in the manhwa:
    When Gunwoo catches her in the basket, they both have to sneak out of the spring. Because she was in there for so long, her legs got cramped, so he took her out and massaged her legs, then carried her (against his bare chest lol); she was blushing so much because, in the novel, she really, really likes Gunwoo's body. :blobokhand: Some other guards come into the men's bath, so to hide, they both jump into the water. As they're hiding under, Haewon is losing breath. Suddenly, Gunwoo kisses her and pushes air into her mouth. They resurface and get incredibly shy/flustered and cute with each other.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    lan2001h, aineria, ISTP23 and 20 others like this.
  2. Naenia

Naenia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ex-fiancé finds out that fl was being poisoned?

3. luanara

luanara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he purposely approach Haewon to help him or nah? And that's pretty cute of him, I just hope he won't feel alone.

I find her ex annoying in the manhwa, probably because he doesn't have much screen time or he's really just infuriating. Please tell me if I'm just mistaken, I'll try to support his character.

It's a shame we didn't get the chance to see this heart fluttering moment. Being broke is depressing.

Laerta and snzzykitten like this.
  4. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why Gunwoo left the royal family?

5. snzzykitten

snzzykitten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can a kind soul please continue posting the mtl of the novel from 100+ please? :aww::aww::aww: the raw manhwa hasn’t updated for almost 2 weeks now..:blobcry:

you can read this in the latest manhwa updates :blobsmile:

6. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think she was ever stronger than the ml heck we haven't even seen him full force i mean he has been training his whole life and is royalty he even stopped a war by himself

Laerta likes this.
  7. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just stay here for the more spoiler

The art is gorgeous, and the plot is good.

DOHere and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  8. blnk_spce

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I missed this question. He did not approach her on purpose. He was assigned to kill her (and her team) out on a mission, but she ended up helping him instead when she saw how pitiful he was.

Fun fact: On this particular mission, she was working with her ex. :blobsweat_2:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    Laerta, luanara and DOHere like this.
  9. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you to Whatever Project translations, @.Gothita, @.StrawberryShin, @.blnk_spce :notworthy:

Please share more spoilers if you can. I'm very curious about Haewon and Gunwoo's blossoming romance after chapter 70 and how Gunwoo will handle Hwi and Namgung. also, it's been 20 days since the last raw chapter came out. Does someone know when it's coming back?

10. newbornleaf

newbornleaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoiler about the festival? current chapter in the manhwa

hwi and OG ml freeloading in FL estate?

blnk_spce and ISTP23 like this.
  11. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WelI, I bought books 6 and 7. I'm missing context from the previous books, but I have some random spoilers.

First of all, it seems that the fact that Gunwoo was a prince is not revealed in the main story, but in the side stories! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It turns out that Gunwoo has some kind of vicious/destructive entity living inside his body, and he was scared shitless that Haewon would fear and reject him if she found out. At the beginning of book 6 it looks like Haewon already knew about it for some time, but there's a huge dramatic scene cause he thinks he's busted.

Whatever was going on at the end of book 5 forced Haewon to confront him because he had pushed his limits and was hurting himself. He keeps telling her he's not a monster, she reassures him. They make out, they embrace. At this time, the airhead ex sees them :

"After leaving the cave, Namgung Jiha quickly slammed the ground and jumped out. [...] It was frustrating. He couldn't breathe properly, as if his stomach was choking. He kept pulling his clothes off his chest [...]. The image of the two he had seen a while ago came to mind again. Even if he tried to keep going and not to think about it, he couldn't keep his composure. The cool rationality he boasted of was shattered, and his stern face was distorted miserably. Because Haewon, who was in Gunwoos arms, was in the form of a woman in love. A figure of perfect reason that he himself had never seen before."

Later in the story, they transfer the entity that lives inside of Gunwoo ("Chiwoo") into a feisty tiger cub that kicks ass. They needed him to fight without putting our cutiepie in danger.

At one point, Haewon and her party + og FL + og ML go to a nightlife place involved in human trafficking to investigate it. The place is recruiting and the group plans to use someone as bait to inflitrate it. To protect the women's reputation, they decided to disguise one of the men with feminine attire and makeup. Most of them were too rough looking for the role (y'all have seen that bunch lmao). In Gunwoo's case, he was too big, burly and masculine looking so everyone agreed that the mental images were terrible enough. The only option left was Namgung Jiha, who had no choice but to self-sacrifice volunteer. At some point Haewon thinks that Jiha looks less manly standing next to Gunwoo. "The height, the size and the voice" :blob_blush:

Jiha felt humilated to have to do this in front of Haewon. After he was dolled up, he was introduced by her as a beautiful woman who was an idiot and couldn't do the job interview herself, so Haewon did all the talking with the guy in charge. After succeeding to enter the place:

"Namgoong Jiha rubbed his lips roughly, not caring about the red rouge. Then, as he strode across the room, he suddenly sat down on a crumpled red chair.

"I don't know what the hell you're doing."

"Confucius, we need to fold our hands little more gently. Keep your head up. The chin should be slightly raised and the eyes should be down. It's not feminine at all." Jegal-hee pointed out quietly.

"It is because these clothes are very uncomfortable."

It was a yellow safflower color given to new artists. Namgoong Jiha frowned and lifted up his puffy sleeves. His back was already torn and the seams were fluttering. Why was his chest so tight again?...

"Shut up because we wear those uncomfortable clothes for the rest of our lives."

Then a female coach told him "she" wasn't smiling properly and couldn't figure out how to be charming to seduce men. He got smacked with a stick every time he tried to do it right and miserably failed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
    lan2001h, aineria, FunSmiles and 17 others like this.
  12. blnk_spce

Reading List:
    Link
    Q1: From what I remember, Hwi takes her around the festival, and they talk about family responsibilities and whatnot. Details between them are vague because of Hwi's secret, but he's drawn to MC, so he can't help himself. MC tells him there's always a pathway; he just need to make one for himself.

Here's the thing; I don't remember ML showing up in the novel as he did in the most recent manhwa chapter to interrupt Hwi and MC. As I remember, he went on a mission by himself, so FL was talking to Hwi alone. Again, I could be mixing up events, so take this spoiler with a grain of salt.

Q2: They were at the estate because it was after the big final battle between the martial artists and the main demon, so they were being treated for injuries.

I can add context for the spoiler from @roseO above in re
    He went on a mission by himself after the events in the shipping town. I think this is hinted at in the most recent manhwa chapter since he is meeting with his men to investigate some weird happenings in a rural village. (Not sure where the manhwa is going with this now though since so much has changed already.) Gunwoo and his men unfortunately encounter a powerful demon in that village which decimates ML's entire squadron, and despite his best efforts, the demon starts consuming ML painfully limb by limb. The demon ate the people in the village if I remember correctly. As he is desperate to live and go back to MC (because she doesn't know here he is, and he didn't tell her where he went to protect her), another demon shows up. You guessed it: Chiwoo. He is a demon of greed and bloodlust. He offers ML power to escape and fight off the demon, but ML needs to give Chiwoo his body.

At this point, the other demon has already chewed off Gunwoo's arm and legs, so he agrees. Chiwoo possesses Gunwoo; his limbs come back, and he defeats the other demon with ease. Except NOW he has to live with Chiwoo in his body, and he fights for control of his body to the point where he won't sleep just so Chiwoo won't gain control. He starts cutting his arm regularly to relieve Chiwoo's bloodlust. ML is missing for two weeks before he shows up again in front of FL. She's worried about him, notices his cut arms, but he distances himself from her because he doesn't want to lose control and hurt FL.

Unfortunately, one night, Gunwoo is too tired to fight Chiwoo off. Chiwoo runs into FL, and FL instantly recognizes that there's another entity in Gunwoo's body. Chiwoo likes FL though, but she wants him out of Gunwoo's body. Gunwoo doesn't know that she knows until the later chapters. It's angsty and sad because Gunwoo, once again, feels like he cannot be with MC.

Edit: Chiwoo made a deal with FL to leave ML's body if she can find him another suitable body to inhabit. Chiwoo grows to actually like both ML and FL by the end of the story, and he later helps in opening the demon portal for ML and FL to go fight the final demon against his demon-nature.

And just a side note/opinion: I was disappointed that things happened this way because they just overcame their distance in the shipping town, so it was just MORE of Gunwoo avoiding FL. It'll be interesting if the manhwa takes the same approach.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  13. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jegal-hee was originally very bitter that she was born a woman and undermined bcz of this. She couldn't train with a sword like her brother and felt very stifled.
    Btw, the Mulan gif is so fitting lol

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    snzzykitten, Laerta and Jukki like this.
  14. Mangagirl4

Mangagirl4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers on the storyline with her ex fiancé? What happens with them? He annoyed me in the latest chapter singling her out :blobexpressionless:

Fikriii, Naenia and ISTP23 like this.
  15. thomie

thomie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish they won't go with love triangle :mad: it's a boring arc

ISTP23 likes this.
  16. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From earlier in the thread there's no love triangle

CosmicGhost and WisteriaAsia like this.
  17. thomie

thomie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad :oops: i thought there is bc of the cover
    Edit: lol iknew there is but someone comment they change the recent chap hwi and fl are only talking but OUR ML didnt appear in the novel(?) But he in the manhwa OUR ML interuped them

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  18. words

words Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where do y'all read the novel? I could just find two chapters online (and here on NU)... Is there a free translation or is it on any paid sites?

19. blnk_spce

Reading List:
    Link
    That was my comment. I don't think the manhwa is going in the direction of a love triangle though. My point was just that the manhwa is involving ML more in FL's affairs whereas the novel had them do separate things. ML keeps busy away from FL in the novel; like I said in the previous spoiler, he was supposed to travel to a rural village to investigate demon activity. There is also no love triangle in the novel. Not sure if the manhwa will lean into the love triangle, but I hope not. It is out of FL's character.

ML is occasionally insecure about FL's past with her ex, and ML is wary of Hwi. Hwi is fascinated with FL that's why he sticks to her. Her ex is salty she moved on when she was literally obsessed with him, but FL never glances at Hwi or her ex in a romantic way. She thinks her ex is silly, and she thinks Hwi is pitiful. ML is the only one she has romantic moments with. Her ex walks in on ML and FL having a full make-out session at one point. :blobxd:

The manhwa skipped ML's misfortune (spoiler above post #292) and went straight to the disappearance of a martial artist. Not sure how things are going with the manhwa at this point. A lot has been skipped over or put in different places. Manhwa seems to prioritize having ML and FL together all the time. Their constant separation in the novel must've been an issue for the manhwa artist/storyteller is all I can say. :hmm: lol

Clans gather to investigate the case of the missing martial artist led by Namgung-Jiha. FL naturally joins as next head of the Dang clan. This is already hinted in the manhwa chapter, but the missing martial artist was taken by the demons. FL suspects they are setting a trap to eliminate the rest of the marital artists.

The demons set up the disappearance to make the group think the martial artist is in a specific area. FL notices that the steps are just too perfect. She proposes they go the opposite direction because she thinks its a trap. Namgung, being the stubborn jerk he is, refuses FL's request and thinks she's doing this to get attention again. After bickering, they decide to split the group in two with most people going with Namgung. FL asks ML to go with Namgung's group to protect them since she thinks they're walking into a trap which he reluctantly does. Hwi goes with FL.

Namhung's group is ambushed by the demons. FL is right. Namgung realizes what an idiot he's been after FL comes back and saves his ass along with the others from disaster. She also resolved the issue of the missing martial artist. He's willing to work together and listen to her after this.

Bought it on GooglePlay and then MTL. MTL is definitely a challenge to get through with this novel though.

20. words

words Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw, shucks. MTLs tend to drive me crazy and kill novels for me... I'll just have to wait and see if some translator steps in then or stick with the webtoon.

blnk_spce and Naenia like this.