Spoiler I'm a supporting role in a horror game, don't kill me / 공포게임 조연인데요, 죽이지 마세요

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Red and Mad, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Red and Mad

Red and Mad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Title: 공포게임 조연인데요, 죽이지 마세요
    Author: 바의

Link to official raws: https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=58056797

Synopsis (I used papago translator so maybe there are weird sentences lol):
    In the horror game "Killer's Night", I possess the body of "Arviche Green," Learmond's tutor.
    However, Arviche will be the tenth victim of the game. As expected, as soon as she is possessed, she dies at the hands of the criminal.
    When I opened my eyes again, a heart on the top bar disappeared. There are only two hearts left.
    All Arviche wants is to survive. The first round failed, but in the second round, I have to live as if a mouse is dead.
    The prime suspect is her employer, Duke of Learmond, Lakers!
    Arviche's actions to think he's the culprit and try to stay away from him as much as possible.
    Contrary to my intentions, I attracted the Lakers' attention...
    "Remember when I said that Lady Green was very interesting? That word should be withdrawn."
    It was nice to hear.
    The killer's interest is just terrifying.
    "It may not be enough to say that you are interesting."
    [Lakers Learmond's favorability has increased]
    '...Huh? This isn't it.'

Does anyone have spoilers of this novel? Please:blobpeek:

P.S. I didn't see any spoiler thread of this novel, but if there is one, please let me know. Also, this novel gave me a strong "Death is the only ending for the villain" vibes:blobhyperthink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ☠️ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
    Main Story
    ╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ☠️ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Chapter 1 & Chapter 2
    Chapter 3 & Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6
    Chapter 7 & Chapter 8
    Chapter 9 & Chapter 10
    Chapter 11 & Chapter 12
    Chapter 13 & Chapter 14
    Chapters 15 to 19
    Chapters 20 to 24
    Chapters 25 to 30
    Chapters 31 & Chapter 32
    Chapter 33, 34, 35
    Chapter 36, 37
    Chapter 38
    Chapter 39
    Chapter 40
    Chapter 41

╭═════════⋅✧⋅════════ ∗⋅✧⋅∗ ════════⋅✧⋅═════════╮

Thanks so much to @Haena for providing the rawsミ☆

Translator: @Red and Mad ⛧彡

╰═════════⋅✧⋅═════════ ∗⋅✧⋅∗ ════════⋅✧⋅═════════╯

╭═══════ ⋆☆⋆ ════════ ⋆☆⋆ ════════ ⋆☆⋆ ═══════╮

Thanks very much to @NohrNeir ☆≡
    for the spoilers of the mystery and the ending
    some fluff

╰═══════ ⋆☆⋆ ════════ ⋆☆⋆ ════════ ⋆☆⋆ ═══════╯
    For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  3. Red and Mad

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read only the first chapter, but this is the information I have so far:
    MC is a fan of the horror game "Killer's Night", in which she has to find out who the murderer is:blobspy:. The chapter instantly begins with her about to unlock the final stage of the game. She explains that she has been playing for 3 years, due to the difficulty of the game. This one was really popular at the beginning of its premiere, but after two months it had cool down quickly and by about a year almost no one was talking about it. However, when she starts the final scenario... she opens her eyes and now she is in the game:blobowoevil_horns:. At first, she thinks she's dreaming because a game window appeared in front of her with the following information: Arviche Green is Lv.1 and will receive 3 hearts. In fact, throughout this episode MC thinks she's dreaming. She looks in a mirror and describes Arviche as a young woman with wavy pale green hair. While she is looking in the mirror trying to remember which character she is, someone opens the door:blobpeek:.
    It was Mrs. Blier, an NPC character. She is an attractive woman with red hair, white skin, tall, who wears glasses and is in her 30s. Also, she is Learmond's butler and the character in charge of storage. During the short talk they have, it seems that the Archive character did not speak much to the other people; and when MC compliments mrs. Blier, a window appears indicating that the favorability of mrs. Blier had grown up (20/99). Suddenly, the conversation between them is abruptly ended with the sound of a scream:blobhyperthink:. Then MC recognizes where she is as a stage that appeared in the trailer for "Killer's Night". At the same time, MC can hear the voices outside who are looking for the serial killer. The thing is the voices outside are saying the same thing as the prologue of the first day of "Killer's Night". Mrs. Blier mentions that Lakers are still outside and she has to do something, leaving MC alone. (Despite all this, MC still thinks it's a dream).
    MC thinks about the Lakers character, describing him as the most attractive character in the game: blonde, seashore eyes, pale white skin and a beautiful smile that often stands out. A character that is so handsome that it's creepy:blobxd:. At the same time, MC reveals that she liked Lakers too much that she deliberately collected bad endings and repeated the same scenarios several times just to get a closer look at his face:blobrofl: MC was excited to meet him, until she remembered that she was 99% sure that Lakers was the culprit:blobspearpeek:.
    Anyway, MC hears another scream and she begins to be more aware of her surroundings. She is afraid and goes outside. MC quickly goes to the entrance of the first floor to go outside and when she is about to open the door she feels the touch of the iron handle is very real. Then, MC finally realizes that it's not a dream and at the same time remember who Arviche is: she was one of the victims who was found dead shortly after the game started:blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink:

P.S. MC didn't mention anything about the character she played in the game before possessing Arviche:hmm:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    mmem, Elisee, DapperDabber and 21 others like this.
  4. Red and Mad

Reading List:
    Link
    HERE COMES THE ACTION!:blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink:
    Chapter 2 has a chilling ending:blobspearpeek:
    So, after MC realized that she is "Arviche Green", she thinks about all the information she has about Arviche. But only she knows that Arviche is a minor character that appears in the player's notebook that contains all the cases of deaths of the other characters. Also, it was not specified whether Arviche's case was a murder or suicide.
    Anyway, MC pushes the door so she can see what happened outside. She walks up to a crowded place and looks at an old mansion burning down. MC notices that there is a charred skeleton on the fourth floor. She is horrified and feels dizzy; then, she remembers that that scene belongs to the 1st day of the game.:sweating_profusely:
    MC can't believe she's not dreaming. Since she heard the scream (from the first chapter) she felt fear and had chills throughout the incident, but by this point she was totally terrified.:blobcry: For this reason, she leaves the place and flees without looking where she is going... Ending up in a dead alleyway.
    MC tries to get out of the dark alleyway, but notices that there is someone in front of her... Bright golden hair shining in the moonlight, stretched legs and a splendid body. A very handsome man... And... The most likely suspect in the game: Lakers Learmond.
    Lakers warn MC that he is not feeling very well and that she should not approach him. She is still processing that Lakers is talking to her (at this point she is excited but terrified to meet him). Then, Lakers raised their hands as if sighing as MC just looked at him without thinking of approaching him or leaving. But, she notices that one of his hands has blood, a lot of blood. She doesn't know if it belongs to him or someone else, but remembering her suspicions, she gets chills. Unintentionally, she mentions the word "killer" and an astonished Lakers asks her if she says that to him. Then, a notification appears to her saying that Lakers' favorability has declined.:sweating_profusely:
    Suddenly, Lakers nimbly pushes MC against the wall, which did not give her time to escape. Lakers tilts her head and leans closer to her so that he looks like he's going to kiss her while his blood-soaked hands gently gripped her wrists... :sweating_profusely::blobhyperthink:
    Just before her lips touch hers, he whispers softly to her: "Green, you're sure I'm the culprit, aren't you?"...
    :blob_zipper_mouth:
    MC's heart was beating wildly and she chose to move like she bumping into him. This worked and she started running down the alleyway. Unfortunately, this alleyway was connected to others (which also had no streetlights), so MC was spinning around them. MC was exhausted at this point that she stopped to take a deep breath. At the time, she heard the sound of footsteps getting closer. She was sure it was Lakers. She felt that her opponent was very fast and, while trying to run, she stumbled. MC tried to get up and run without shoes but it was too late... Someone grabbed her hair and covered her mouth. The difference in power between her and her opponent was so great that she could not struggle. She couldn't even see his/her face...
    At that moment, MC explained that feeling how his neck was twisted was a horrible experience. The pain tormented her so much that she wished she was already dead.:blobcry:
    In her last moments she could observe a shadow of adult passed by front of her, leaving her corpse right there. By the time, she was finally able to escape the pain and a window appeared saying "Game over" "Bad Ending: cleared the route" dangerous trap "...

When she opened her eyes again, a new window appeared in front of her:
    Welcome back to the horror game "Killer's Night"
    The character of "Arviche Green" is Lv.1 and 2 out of 3 hearts are left.:blobpeek:

mmem, Elisee, DapperDabber and 21 others like this.
  5. Red and Mad

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I decided to post the chapters. They are translated with the help of Papago and Google Translate, but I edited some paragraphs to make them more coherent (anyway, the translation may not be 100% accurate).
    In my opinion, this novel is very interesting. Tbh, I didn't have high expectations, so the more I read the more hooked I was.
    It's my first time reading a novel with these topics, so I don't know if it falls into any cliché, but I really recommend it.:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

To avoid confusion in the narration, I am going to organize it like this:
    Narration: normal text.
    Thought: 'italic with this quotation marks'
    Conversation: "bold with this quotation marks"
    Noises: *italic with asterisks*
    *Originally in the novel, the game notifications are written in square brackets. I won't change that.
    *The chapters don't have title only the number. These I made up.
    Enjoy!:blobpopcorn_cool:

[Final chapter: Welcome to PARK.]

Seeing the white text on the monitor, I jumped up from my seat.
    "Finally!"
    'It took more than three years to get here. The level of difficulty is amazing.'
    This "Killer's Night," which I still hold on to, was a really famous game for it's terrible difficulty.
    Despite the unique genre of a mystery horror game, at first, thanks to the character shaping, it was a stormy hit.
    However, after only a few months, the fandom began to cool down quickly, and by the end of a year, the popularity had cooled to such a degree that it was hard to find a streamer who was playing this game.
    'It's fun, but... Sometimes I die like a sunfish, especially when I reach a bad ending.'
    Even though I grumble, every time I look at the monitor, I laugh.
    Even if I didn't have time, it was worthwhile to play it for 10 or 20 minutes every day.
    'Finally. The final chapter.'
    If I grab one, I tend to dig deep into it whether I like it or not.
    I've heard a lot that I'm lingering, but what can I do about my natural personality?
    That's probably why I'm still holding on to the game that everyone else has stopped playing.
    Maybe, I'm the only one playing this game so far. It's been a while since a new strategy has been posted, and even if I organize a route strategy that no one has posted, the number of views will hardly come out.
    “It’s the final chapter, so let’s try it.”
    In the center of the screen, I placed the mouse cursor over the white text that was flashing and clicked.

[Welcome to the horror game "Killer's Night". <Arviche Green> is a character of Lv.1 and will receive a total of 3 hearts.]
    As soon as I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was an information window blocking the middle of my view.
    No matter how many times I blinked, the phrase that seemed to have been engraved in my pupil did not disappear.
    'What is this...?'
    I looked around, wondering if it was a dream, but in addition to the information window, I saw a status window on the border of my field of vision.
    The name "Arviche Green" and three hearts there were at the top left. In the upper right, there was an information mark that opens the option when clicked.
    'Is it similar to <Killer's Night>?'
    Is it a dream?
    I could understand why I had such a dream.
    'I played a lot of games.'
    I blamed myself inside.
    When you play games, there are moments when you get too immersed in it.
    Just like the moments when you think you want to ride a warp because you feel unfair to walk around, and when you have a lot of groceries, you want to open an inventory window.
    Every night, I played "Killer's Night," and it seemed that I had a dream with such a system window.
    Because of the condition window, I couldn't see the surrounding view, so I shook my hand a few times, but it didn't work much.
    "Checked! I checked."
    At the same time as the mumbled voice, the window disappeared as if it had been clicked.
    As I moved both hands and stepped forward with both feet, my body followed the perception much softer than when I played VR games. No, it just felt like my body.
    A young lady with pale wavy green hair was facing me in the day.
    'Is this me? Arviche Green?'
    It is not awkward to have a nickname and appearance other than my real self in the game.
    However, there was something bothering me about this character called Arviche Green.
    I'm sure I've seen this character somewhere.
    I was carefully observing myself in the mirror, and someone opened the door and looked at me with a surprised face.
    "Oh, are you awake?"
    Tall character with red hair up and round glasses. Maybe she's in her mid 30's?
    She is an attractive woman with an impressive contrast between her bright red lips and pure white skin.
    She was the representative NPC that everyone who played this game cherishes, Ms. Blier.
    The reason I love her, who is Learmond's butler, is that she is the character in charge of storage.
    I was very surprised because I did not expect to meet the characters of the game, but it was nice to see Ms. Blier.
    Ms. Blier blinked and spoke to me again.
    "Are you okay?"
    I nodded quickly.
    "Of course, it's okay. Can you save load it?"
    "...What?"
    "Can't I"?

Ms. Blier blinked her eyes for a while, as if she didn't understand me at all, and then she smiled faintly.
    "More than that, I was worried that you seemed to be in a very bad mood all these days, but I'm glad you seem to have improved a lot."
    'These days? You talk as if Arviche had been here all along'
    "Did I do that?"
    "Oh, my. You didn't want to talk to your master or the children at all. Even with other users and me."

Master? Children?
    'I don't know what you're talking about, but in this game, there's no way I can't talk to Ms. Blier...'
    "Killer' Night" is a game where you die if you let your guard down for a moment. I die even if I choose the wrong option, die if I can't solve a puzzle with a time limit, and die even if I can't build a good impression...
    What could be more important than a save load in a game where you die so easily?
    So Ms. Blier is almost like light and salt in this game.
    I shrugged.
    "I can't believe I didn't talk to Ms. Blier. You are truly an indispensable and precious person."
    Did the sincerity of the words conveyed well?
    Ms. Blier blinked his well-curled eyelashes as her cheeks turned red with a touch of emotion.
    "Oh, do you really think that? It's the first time I've ever heard such a thing..."
    *Ring!-*

[Blier White's favorability has increased. Lv.1(20/99)]

A short phrase appeared in the notification window in the lower left of the field of vision.
    '...It's really a game.'
    I am curiously admiring this situation, which is similar to a game, even with the favorability system, but Ms. Blier hold my hand, standing blankly as if she was impressed.
    I looked down at his hand, startled by the insignificant gesture.
    'What's this… It's so horribly realistic, isn't it?'
    Is it a dream?
    It's really a dream, but can there be a realistic feeling like this?
    And so is the color. There were days when I believed I had seen a certain color in a dream, but I have never seen a dream with all natural colors like this.
    As I started to think it was strange, I saw more and more suspicious things.
    'The smell of old furniture, the wind that you feel on your skin, how is this all a dream?'
    But, including this suspicion, it's probably a dream, right?
    'When I wake up, I can think of it as a very creative dream. right?'
    As soon as I was about to let go of Ms. Blier's hand, a high scream resounded.
    "Ahhhhhhhh!"
    We were surprised and we turned our heads to where the scream was coming from.
    "...What was that sound?"
    "I know, right."

I opened the window and looked out.
    It was only then that I realized that this desolate and narrow attic was part of a huge, terribly familiar old mansion.
    And the foggy evening scenery, the carriages passing through the gas lights, the crisp air and the fireworks in the distance are familiar.
    This is the representative building in the trailer for "Killer's Night"
    *Beep-*
    "Ask for additional assistance! The flames cannot be extinguished!"
    "It's over there! Catch him! You murderer, I won't let you escape today!"
    "Catch him! Don't go alone!"

'That whistle sound and those words are very familiar.'
    Every time I retry this game, I hear a line that I can't help but memorize completely.
    It is a line from "Killer's Night" in DAY 1, heralding the fifth serial murder.
    'Are you sure it's this a game... even if you pick and choose?'
    I clicked my tongue inside.
    If you're going to dream this realistic, there are many games with a better atmosphere.
    'In addition, I'm very anxious that the first day's development is completely the same.'
    Could it be that this strangely realistic dream and character are not the same, but the flow of events and the development of the game itself are the same...?
    If so, I became a supporting role in a manhwa featuring Conan or Kim Jeon-il.
    'I mean, you never know when you will die.'
    I don't want to do this.
    I was pulling my cheeks to wake up from my dream, and Ms. Blier muttered urgently.
    "The master is still outside, but it seems that something big is going on outside."
    “It’s your master… Duke Lakers?”
    "Yes."

Lakers?
    'You mean that terribly handsome character? In this game, there is no character other than Lakers that can be called master.'
    "I have to send someone, so I'll just leave."
    “What? Ah… Yes.”

Watching Ms. Blier disappear in an urgent step, I felt strangely winning the lottery.
    'Lakers Learmond.'
    He is the most attractive main character in this game.
    His perfect sculpture captivated all players' hearts without burning their tastes.
    Blonde hair, gray eyes, pale white skin, and a beautiful smile that often appears.
    He's so handsome that it's creepy.
    Of course, I liked him so much that I deliberately collected bad endings and repeated the same scenario several times for an event where I could see his face more closely.
    'I heard that celebrities in our dreams are good dreams... If Lakers comes out, is it a lucky dream?'
    I was a little excited to think about meeting in person even in my dreams, but I don't think it's a good dream.
    'With that handsome face, the character is supposed to be a murderer.'
    At least from the scenario just before the final chapter I played, I was 99% sure he was the culprit.
    Even in a dream, meeting in person can be scary.
    I was excited thinking of Lakers, whom I hadn't met yet, when I heard another sound from outside.
    "Ahhhhhhh!"
    I woke up to that horrifying scream.
    Only then did I look around where I was standing.
    'what...'
    It's in a small attic with no proper lighting. It was terrifying to be left there alone and with a loud scream.
    My eyes kept falling on the white curtains, and I felt like I could hear rustling somewhere. I had cold sweat and fluffy hair stood on my back.
    'It's not a horror game for no reason, really.'
    I hurriedly opened the door and went outside.
    The long corridors on both sides were not very bright and still.
    While going down the stairs to the first floor, I ran into some workers, but when they saw me, they just slipped away and did not give me any comfort at all.
    Eventually, as I walked anxiously, I arrived at the entrance on the first floor.
    'If I go outside, it might be better.'
    As soon as I put my hand on a round iron handle carved in the shape of a crow, I hardened as it was, feeling a mixture of a little excitement and anxiety.
    '...What's this.'
    I looked down at my hand.
    Countless senses that have been ignored since earlier.
    But this time, I could never ignore it.
    The feel of iron that feels very cold in the palm of your hand. The feeling that the temperature of the handle, which was sharply cool in the hand while holding it, gradually becomes lukewarm due to body temperature.
    'This can't be a dream.'
    What if it's not a dream? If not what?
    Does it mean that I came into the game?
    I rolled my eyes and looked at the name written on the status window again.
    'Arviche Green'
    I barely remembered, who is the character I am playing now.
    Then, feeling my hair on my head standing up, I slowly released the doorknob.
    'I said I'm familiar with my eyes...'
    If this is not a dream, I chose the wrong character.
    Arviche Green was the name of one of the victims who was found dead shortly after the game started.

Arviche Green.
    I stood in front of the doorknob and tried to think of everything I knew about Arviche Green.
    However, there was nothing special about her except that she was a minor supporting actor.
    Because she was of so little importance.
    'What's unusual is that she dies quickly...'
    I bit my lips tightly.
    As far as I can remember, Arviche Green was listed in the player's notebook at once along with articles about other corpses.
    It seems that it was an unfortunate supporting role without any close people, so there was no one to testify to her usual actions, and it was not clear whether it was suicide or murder.
    'Why are you in a game like this and within this character?'
    I pushed the gate and went outside, sweeping down my goosebumps arm.
    Yellow gas lamps were lined up in the dark city center, and people surprised by the disturbance were pulling their heads out of each window of the building.
    The gloomy and secret atmosphere, which embraces the truth of what happened somewhere, was not pleasant.
    Swallowing a hard breath that smelled of fire, I was convinced once again.
    'I don't know why I opened my eyes in this game, but it's definitely not a dream.'
    My head was pounding.
    What's going on and how it's going on.
    'But how did I come to this place?'
    I tried to trace the last memory I had, but I couldn't remember anything.
    It looks like I was playing a game, but then I fell asleep?
    I pressed my trembling temple and looked at the strange night scenery.
    'What should I do now?'
    There is no more excitement left, such as the excitement I felt when I was about to go see Lakers.
    I hesitated for a moment, but I decided to go to the crime scene that I originally aimed for.
    Anyway, I had to figure out what was going on.
    Still, I was an optimistic person.
    'This is fun.'
    While taking a slow unwilling step in fear, I suddenly thought of that.
    That was the fact that the spaces I saw in the game were embodied in detail.
    The park where several dogs were lying, yeah, that was where Baron Railers' arm or iron was found in the trash, and that mossy and shady alley was where the killer's message would be engraved.
    When I came to my senses after following my memory, I arrived at a crowded place.
    The air was spicy and very hot, so I couldn't help but raise my head.
    I swallowed my saliva.
    'This is...'
    The scene I saw every time on DAY 1 was right in front of my eyes.
    The sight of the fire devouring the huge old mansion was much more realistic and frightening than what I saw in the game.
    Red flames stick out their long tongues from the top of the four-story old mansion and engulf the building with nothing but black skeletons.
    Between the belatedly sprayed streams here and there, in the middle of the fourth floor, a body hanging as if displaying in a strange state was seen.
    'I didn't want to see this in person.'
    The fire was so intense that the proper shape could not be recognized, but the scene of the completely dry and twisted body shaking lightly made my stomach churn.
    The common emotion on the faces of the crowd, seen through the red reflected lights, was deep fear.
    I took a step back and covered my mouth without realizing it.
    "Ugh"
    'I think I'm going to vomit.'
    Modern people rarely face death. Death is completely separated from everyday life and is treated secretly and confidentially.
    To face the body in front of my eyes... Even though I saw the scene several times over the monitor, it was not something I could easily move on.
    In addition, at that moment, the page on which Arvice Green's death was recorded in the case notebook… It even overlapped with the scene of death in front of me.
    My body trembled at the indescribable horror and the disgust of the unusual sight.
    Even though I didn't think this was a dream, I pinched my cheek once again.
    There was only intense pain, but nothing happened.
    I took a few more steps back.
    'I have to get out of here first.'
    I couldn't stand here anymore.
    I took a quick step as if running away from the creepy feeling that someone was about to pull my hair.
    I panicked and didn't even know where I was going.
    How long have I been walking aimlessly like that?
    At the place where the alley bends at a right angle, I suddenly stopped.
    'What, it's a dead end.'
    Only then did my head cool down.
    I walked so recklessly that I don't know how far I've come.
    'Let's calm down and go out to the alley where there are many people for now. It's too dark here.'
    The moment I made fun of myself, I realized that there was another person in front of me.
    His bright golden hair shining in the moonlight, his outstretched legs and his splendid body. A beautiful man ripe to the eye.
    The most likely suspect in this game, Lakers Learmond.
    The unrealistic beauty was in front of me, so I stopped there, forgetting all the confusion I had just felt.
    'Wow… '
    How can I keep my breath and look at him as if he were neither a reality nor a dream when he was just standing in front of my eyes?
    He, who was one head taller than me, frowned, barely realizing that he was not a marble sculpture of beauty.
    Lakers warned Arviche, sharply folding the excellent pine nut eyes.
    "...I'm not in good condition right now, so I hope you don't come close."
    It was a gloomy voice, as if the wind was passing, but it was different from when I heard it through a humble cheap speaker.
    To the point where I feel a strange thrill running behind my neck, like a creepy feeling that can only be felt when you hear something so perfect and good.
    Lakers sighed and raised their hands as I just looked at him without thinking of approaching him or leaving him.
    I could see something red on the hand.
    'Is that blood...?'
    Looking closely again, I was undoubtedly certain.
    Not a small wound, not just a drop or two, but soaked so much that you can't see the palms of his hands.
    'Whose is this blood? Lakers...? If not...'
    It was then that I belatedly reminded myself that Lakers is not just a handsome and beautiful man, but a killer in this game... No, it's almost 99% certain that he's the culprit.
    It was only then that I was able to withdraw the gaze I had been looking at him as if I was possessed.
    Instead, the blood that flourished in Lakers' hands, I spoke to myself without realizing it.
    "...Killer."
    Did he hear myself talking?
    His eyes lit up with wonder for a moment.
    "Lady Green, did you say that to me now?"
    The moment I heard the chilly voice, my tongue hardened with tension. There was no witty excuse.
    After that short silence, Lakers' eyes quickly subsided.

[The Lakers' favorability has decreased.]

A small notification window appeared in the lower left corner.
    At the same time, he pushed me close to the wall.
    The movement was so fast that there was no way to respond.
    Trapped firmly between the wall and Lakers, he tilted his head as if we were to kissing. His blood-stained hands gently clenched my wrists.
    I was so surprised that I couldn't even think of moving, but just before his lips touched mine, he murmured softly.
    "Lady Green, you're sure I'm the culprit, aren't you?"
    Pounding.
    My heart was beating like crazy.
    'I shouldn't have said that.'
    I must have thought that this place was real, but in my heart I was still thinking that it was just a game.
    That's why I said such things carelessly.
    But it's also very realistic.
    Looking at Lakers' beautiful jewel-like eyes in front of my eyes was ridiculously frightening.
    'I have to run away.'
    I moved like I was bumping into him with a trembling body.
    "Ugh!"
    Biting his lip, I barely escaped him and ran into the darkness.
    I ran frantically wandering around the road. Even though I wandered through a dark alley, I couldn't dare to look around.
    It was in vain to know the way well.
    Unlike modern times, there were a series of alleys without streetlights, and even if I set foot towards the smoke rising from afar, I would just keep playing around the alley.
    I was getting more and more scared and only my hair stood up.
    "Uff... Uff..."
    I was out of breath to the point where my head was tense. I leaned against the wall and breathed heavily, and I heard the sound of footsteps getting closer.
    It's Lakers. I was so sure.
    I was terrified, so I turned to another alley and ran away, but my opponent was much faster than me.
    The moment I thought the distance narrowed in an instant, I tripped over a stone beak and fell.
    The shoes came off, and I fell like I was throwing them away.
    "Argh..."
    I had no time to moan with bitterness. I felt a large hand covering my mouth, and my hair was caught.
    The difference in power was so great that it was impossible to even try to resist. It sounded very light to me. There was no time to check the opponent's face.
    The feeling of twisting the neck was terrible. No death I imagined was as terrible as that. The short beating bothered me mercilessly enough to think I'd rather die.
    As soon as the body turned upside down, a black personage passed by in front of me, and everything was barely over.
    I was allowed to escape from that hellish pain to death.
    In the meantime, only white letters came to mind clearly.

[-Game Over-」
    [-Bad End - Cleared the route 'Dangerous Trap'.]

When I opened my eyes again, a small guide window opened in the middle of my view.
    [Welcome back to the horror game "Killer's Night". <Arviche Green> is a character of Lv.1, and 2 out of 3 hearts are left]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  6. Haena

Haena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Red and Mad likes this.
  7. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers @Beautiful Silene, I'm seriously invested in this story now :blobpopcorn_cool:

Tukhb and Red and Mad like this.
  8. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Ending and mystery spoilers

Lambiel is the actual kidnapper/killer. ML had kept reliving his lives many times. ML already lived 10 times. Lambiel felt as if they were destined to be each other's rivals since he knows ML has memories even though Lambiel doesn't, so he always aim to kill ML and ML always try to kill him but Lambiel has the ability to switch his identity every time. When Lambiel realizes FL also has "memories", he gained interest in FL. It took a long time for FL to find out it was Lambiel. She's been suspicious of ML for more than 75% of the novel until Lambiel reveals himself.

As for ML's history, he had told FL he had never killed humans, but he confessed he had killed his brother. The reason is that his family bloodline are descendants of a long chimera bloodline mixed with dragon blood which makes their power difficult to control. His brother killed his wife even though he loved his wife. When his brother's blood consumed him, ML killed his brother. FL had a difficult time trusting ML when she heard his confession and only later on realize the actual killer could be someone who pretended to be a victim. (The dragon chimera bloodline is why the king also dislikes ML and doesn't want his daughter to marry into that family.) For some reason FL is able to help ML control his powers.

FL had only told the High Priest her secret that she's not from this world from the beginning, but ML does know FL is special and has memories so he's betting this life on her to help them stop this rendition of repeated lifetimes. Another thing FL found out is that the reason "NPCs" acted normal even though there are spider monsters is because the church had been removing the memories of the general public. The people of ML's manor are mainly kept under ML's control and thus their memories are controlled by him.

When FL realized why ML bet everything on her in this life, she shot herself in the head, hence why in the 2nd cover, you'll notice there's only 1 heart left in the top left corner when in the first cover she had always had 2 hearts after her quick death from the initial entering in the game. This is so everyone will forget and she completed the bad end ending. When she died, she noticed there is one saved file. She decided to take that even if she loses one heart. She woke up to ML calling her and told him that she knew about his reliving many lifetimes. It was here she finally told him she's not from this world and it's her final life.

As for why the spiders kept gathering, it's because Lambiel is trying to gather them all to one place to intake them. He's trying to be a chimera. Lambiel's goal is to have memories like ML. ML doesn't know why he would want to keep reliving life over and over again. FL is the one who shot Lambiel when he transformed. When Lambiel prayed at the end to his god, FL glowed. It was then revealed the reason FL came into this game world is because of Lambiel. He called for someone with eternal life (and in a game, it's the player who has eternal life). This whole final chapter is called "Welcome to Park" because Lambiel is welcoming the player to Park.

FL was given the chance to log out after achieving the happy end. ML knew it's the final chapter and she might be leaving. He didn't want her to go. He proposed to her and warned her that if she accepts, he won't let her go. She had already thought to stay. Fl was given a Christmas event reward that allows her to disable the system. When that happens, the game became her reality. They married at the end.

mmem, NuniOk, komo komo and 29 others like this.