I'm Done with this shitty chips.

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by xiazixin, Aug 27, 2019.

1. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

:p

AMD master race! :blob_thor:

(sorry, couldn't resist >.>)

prongsjiisan likes this.
  2. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL
    I mean bull amd girls are cuter by design. I do have a bull dozer last time.
    upload_2019-8-29_16-57-21.png
    upload_2019-8-29_16-58-15.png
    but just like what it state in manga, the stability is not there yet for AMD. Not so sure if it's the same for ryzen or not. I tried both bull dozer and phenom ii (yes insert meme from 4mb L3 cache to 6mb L3 cache here).
    Not so sure how L3 cache benefit from it, it's the same as Athlon ( with out the cache) I think. I never used Athlon.
    If your poor, go i3. Nothing can go wrong just a bit lesser specs i3 or a second hand cpu than phenom ii or Athlon ii.
    upload_2019-8-29_17-10-50.png
    upload_2019-8-29_17-22-45.png
    There is lots of reason to get intel last time. an Example would be :
    Intel Core i3-2130 vs AMD Phenom II X2 565
    both 3.4 Ghz, both 2 core 4 threads both 130 USD to 135 USD. yet intel is almost twice as fast with a little bugs.
    This is Gen 2 where Amd is still not that far behind. when Core gen 4 came out the gaps is just huge.

Amd chips is just like ES chips from intel, like legit you can open core from bios, changing 3 core to 4 core. Just like open cores in R9 fury to R9 fury X (from shading 3584 units to 4096)

Some people said they opened an x6 chips to x8, pretty sure that's fake but i'm not sure, didn't see it with my own eyes or any of my friend did that.

I'm sure my friends in china would hate me at this points. As mother Su contributed the whole Zen design to china.
    As a native citizen of china i really want to buy ryzen, but habits and natural instinct keep telling me to buy intel. As some one who learn to disassemble a pc within a minute from Amd, Amd is my teacher in PC building and I really respect people who buys their chips.
    As an old Akina Skilled Driver in the master race, i shall just rest and take a look before changing my car to ensure every thing is stable as i don't want it to flip.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  3. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    there are two kinds of builder, budget (rubbish collector) builder and waifu (7k builder) builder.
    example of second hand
    upload_2019-8-29_18-1-58.png

and example of a
    upload_2019-8-29_18-3-49.png
    upload_2019-8-29_18-4-32.png
    Note all image are copyrighted by Intel, displaying those image in any where e.g pixiv or danburu all all illegal.
    Some one faster draw my 9700k waifu.

4. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    I should really delete that later, as we didn't get their license for their trademark. and they incensed their trade marks in every sectors including arts.

Miku likes this.
  5. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't you use older chip, like 2011 first gen?

6. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    mother board, lga2011 is 3rd gen, that's where your x79 x99 and all those beast com from. E3 1280v3 or so for gaming or 2680v3 for multi-core gaming too. They have their own problem, getting those cpus are easy, but getting the motherboard are difficult.

first gen intel is not really good. LGA 1156 for first gen, that's where your H55, P55, all those.
    I had an 2nd hand p55 6 years ago, it lasted 4 years for me. It still works I think? didn't power it for 2 years. the real value for money is 2nd gen with i5 2550K.

There are people who know and get the famous 2550k which can easily all core 5.ghz with a cheap p67 and an 2nd hand R9 290 or R9 fury, but all p67 board in the market to day have survived 4 bit coin hype, some of the chip set broke and change their north bridge, or south bridge or the whole board other than the chip sets. so they basically don't last very well, if you don't want to have all the pain to trouble shoot, changing your Capacitance on your motherboard. With enough care and maintenance those second hand boards can last 4 or 5 more years in the right hands.

Problem with old hardware is that most of boards on taobao, ebay, amazon, are survival or graphic cards, classic build like P67 + i5 2550k + R9 fury or R9 290, 390.
    P67 would have survived 4 season of crypto currency mining, R9 290 5 season? 390 would be also 4 season, and fury would be 3 season or mining?
    miner usually sell their cards for cheap after mining, so those boards or cards have close to like 10 owners.
    of cause there are common forks like you and me who want to sell their first hand boards like 5 years after using, but they sell it in an insane price.
    so We 2nd hand builders usually look for motherboards in internet cafe.

• boards in taobao, ebay amazon, are all mining boards. cheap but low life, have lots of problem from time to time. not recommend if you don't know how to change your dimm header, pcie header and Capacitance. electronic running 24/7 under overclocked 100% loads.
    • boards from other users like you and me cost a hellish amount, like legit twice or trice of miners amount.
    • boards from internet cafe cost similar to those from miners but they have more health. yeah, they run 24 hours but they don't really overclock and game don't usually take 100% load.
    top 3 component that is most likely to break are :
    1. motherboard
    2. graphic card
    3. HDD

those who buy x5680, 2550k, they don't use that as their main PC, imagine when you are doing a project and your mother board suddenly dies, which might took you 2 week to trouble shoot and fix it. your going to have 2 weeks without PC.
    and people who play with that are experienced players who can change their own dimm header, pcie header and Capacitance.
    Experience player will usually don't use that as their main PC. And they wait for the right seller.