Im feeling a bit weird?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lighterxx, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Listen, kid, unless she was a sex offender or a murderer its still a cunt thing to say. Im sure any family and friends will care A WHOLE LOT about her death. So, "no one cares"? Even a random stranger cared enough to post about it in some random place like this. So you're already wrong.

I dont give a fuck how many people you help, that dont give you the right to talk shit baselessly. Get off your high horse, you spastic twat.

2. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    None of this would have happened under kim jog un's rule. Instead of dying from suicide because of societal pressure, failing to meet school goals or because of the shark like media that preys on the weak, they'll be dying in prison camps, from starvation or bad healthcare.

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    And yet, you do not express how you are better in helping.

My mother committed suicide a few years ago. And I still live through the repercussions of that.

For all the people who expressed sympathy toward me or toward her, I never once felt the need to belittle them. Frankly, I don’t understand why you feel the need to belittle the people here.

4. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, just because they are actor they were no longer part of the THOUSANDS of people that are suffering from depression? Anyone, at some point could be tempted by suicide and succumb. I only meant here not to speak so lightly of it here. After all you just agreed that NOBODY CARES hence triggering me because I dont believe that NOBODY CARE. I care. Very much. I've seen my brother hang himself. He was saved thankfully. But anyhow, it just made me very much aware about the subject. Caring about these people is never a competion. I am by no means a saint, but every time I read a case I could heavily empathize. I simply absolutely hate words that NOBODY CARES especially in such a public forum. What if a suicidal person reads this? How does it feel? Thats why I found it horrible you second it.
    And sorry Im all talk, truthfully its too hard to help, even when they are arms reach much less in the internet. Ive thought what I could do? Very simple. Watch my words.

Simply put, condolesnce to do family.

Anymore is superfluous from a stranger isnt it?

5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because their sympathies are only for today and by tomorrow they'll all have forgotten about the whole thing. It's only spur of the moment emotionalism and nothing of real value. Sob sob so sad what's for lunch? It's all fake. Media hype and sob stories then it gets forgotten. On the other hand, it can take months to piece together someone who tried to commit suicide by OD and even longer to get them treated and usually their families either try to actively interfere by micromanagement or try to run them over even more. Definitely needs more than a day and with all the budget cuts and everything, there is never enough staff.

Now that I went back on my posts, I think I might have to apologise as well. Too much of this stuff, stressed, overwork and undermanned, not to mention in the end we always lose, it's tough in healthcare.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  6. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you saying that the same is true for myself and anyone who sympathized with my mother? She touched a great many lives, you know, as a professor. Do you think so badly of all her former students? All her former friends and colleagues? Her brothers and her sister?

Lurking, Osamaru and lighterxx like this.
  7. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Korea has the 4th highest suicide rate according http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/ . IMO i dont think much can be done anyways to stop suicides.
    IDRC either because imagine if she was a normal person and suicided, we/I wouldn't know. If she wasnt famous she could suicide and die in a hole and no one would care, except for family.
    The media may cover her for about a day but thats it. Thats how worthless human life is in the growing apathetic culture. People dont really care other then family or friends. Some may probably even joke about it.
    Also on average 7~ people die in SK every day.

Total Population: 10,054,979 (http://english.seoul.go.kr/get-to-know-us/seoul-views/meaning-of-seoul/4-population/)
    Death Rate: 26.9 suicides per 100k (http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/)
    10,054,979/100,000 = 100.54979
    100.54979*26.9 = 2,704.789351
    2,704.789351/356 (Not taking into account leap years) = 7.5977228961
    2,704~ Suicides per Year
    7~ Suicides per Day

Delirious, Lurking, Nightow1 and 2 others like this.
  8. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Night ii understand your strong feelings about the topic, however, it is very unnecessary to ask people stop feeling about one person because there are thousands in pain. If anything, that one person should make you recognize those thousand forgotten ones more, not the opposite, where one is deem as unnecessary over thousand. If you are working on hospital, please stop treating everyone like number, I already lived through numeration by doctors once, I don't need again.

I understand your feelings but as long as I know them, even from afar, I will care, am I not allowed to? All this thread added to my life is how apathetic people here honestly. I don't know about majority of you, but I care about every single issue if I can.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2019
    Lurking and Drake98 like this.
  9. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are treated like a number because of understaffing. If the workers have absolutely minimal time to get things done due to workload, how sociable do you think they can be? Friendliness is for when you have time. Which is why once you get complaints about friendliness, it means your human resources are already stretched to the point where they cannot afford the time to be friendly.

Drake98 likes this.
  10. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    she used to get ALOT of sexual comments from Young age, even now, one of the most popular female idols are 14, companies didn't really learnt their lesson.
    Recently she got hate for not wearing bra, before going out with older guy, another time, for not letting a drunk fan get close to her, basically all stupid things, yet repeated over and over and magnified thousand times. At every article girl would get thousands of gate comments.

Also thank you for your other comment, im not really a forceful person but you said what I wanted to say

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  11. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a shittalking event going on over here? :blobpeek:
    Oooh allow this little one to join in the fun! :blobpopcorn:

Umm... Uhh... Ah!

fuckyoufatfuck

12. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer if over complete apatheticness honestly, but don't worry its OK as long as you guys don't continue from my side.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  13. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you even know they have forgotten? You don’t even know her so you have no idea how many young lives she has influenced. How many people she inspired even when she was being heavily criticized?

I really liked F(x) when they debuted. I reckon I’m not the most avid kpop fan out there and after their hiatus I’ve only followed Amber’s solo career but this still upsets me a lot.

Yes, you’re right. Everyone has to go on with their lives eventually but your assumptions are really triggering and upsetting.

It’s all fake? Don’t just assume people’s feelings. You’re just being another douchebag. I hope you’re feeling good about yourself.

Lurking and lighterxx like this.
  14. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think they're trolling though.

That's a serious statement by a serious person.

Nightow1 likes this.
  15. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    even worse. But, eh, guess i should just let it die.

16. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    What understaffing? Please don't assume we are even same country. That's how doctors feel. To them you are the problem, not your sickness, there is a reason I hate going to a psychotherapist

17. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    completely forgot about that......now that i see who was it, i remember why he ended there......too much of fanboy of kr idols....

18. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually find this agreeable. Nobody really cares for someone else's lost for more then about like a day. Life happens, people die, doesn't matter, to most people, except for those close to the one who suicided. Apathy has overtaken our generation. We have grown numb to a lot of once horrible things. Shootings for example. Give it a month and its quickly forgotten by all those not affected. At one point we would have been shocked at shootings, but now one goes on like every month, so we've grown numb to it. Just saying. No offense to anyone btw.
    For example,
    1. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/14/us/fort-worth-police-officer-charged-murder.html

19. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course it is different for doctors or nurses or etc, they see death everyday, whether they want to or not, please can both of stop assuming all people are colossal dicks who care about something for 1 day max.

Lurking likes this.
  20. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    The pimping out to others is so unlikely... The studio would never do it it's way to easy for someone to discover it and report on it then the idol's image is tarnished forever. It's a similar reason to why that idols are discouraged from having boyfriends. The price is far to high for the idol studio to do this just in case. The only time they would do this is if they were soon to retire the idol and at that point they may as well just quit really cause they have already been thrown under the bus.

lighterxx likes this.