Im feeling a bit weird?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lighterxx, Oct 15, 2019.

1. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Its done alot actually, smaller companies don't mind giving their trainees and idols to CEO's afterall, media doesn't dare to post anything about ceo

Wujigege likes this.
  2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would the media not dare to post anything about a ceo... That's kind of silly. The media will do anything to shit on it's opponents...

lighterxx likes this.
  3. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think you heard about it but there’s a movie based on a scandal that involved the death of a young Korean actress and lot of media moguls were on the list of people she denounced in her suicide note...

lighterxx likes this.
  4. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there a reason why the media moguls were denounced in her suicide note or in the movie? Clearly the media was the one who were running this so the media is clearly shitting on the media again. Could have been that she gave something tot them and they wouldn't run a story cause of lack of evidence or that they had been writing terrible articles based on her? There are hundreds of reasons why the media could be denounced and most of them don't relate to being sold for sex.

lighterxx likes this.
  5. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t remember the details correctly since it’s been quite some time now but there was an uproar about it because too many people were involved and they accused each other, it was all very inconsistent.

The fact is that she’s dead. Her name was Jang Jayeon if you want to look it up.

lighterxx likes this.
  6. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet you will here more about her in like a year or two.

At the time of her death at the age of 29, Jang had been starring in Boys Over Flowers. She had been suffering from depression, and it was revealed in 2019 that the initial investigation into her death in 2009 was corrupted and false.[1] The 2009 faux-investigation concluded that her death was a suicide at first, and was reopened in 2018.[2] Her death caused a national scandal in 2009 when it was proved that she had been sexually and physically abused by a number of prominent entertainment executives during her career, most importantly the CEO of Jang's former talent agency, The Contents Entertainment, Kim Sung-hoon.[3] After three witness testified against the CEO, Kim was found guilty of abuse by the Korean courts, specifically of forcing girls from his agency to come to parties where he was prostituting them to entertainment executives and also physically and verbally abusing them.[4] According to Jang's suicide note, this abuse contributed to her depression and suicide.

She's also a very different type of star to most idols. She's an antagonist of the stories she plays and less of an idol for this reason.

7. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    You should read about open world entertainment the ceos that were using the trainees and idols are still unknown

8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Nightow1 reminds me of Kiritsugu Emiya. I'm on your side for the cruel reality of suicidal folks. I mean, we have some or many in this forum, I like to assume. Hope I'm not wrong, because it would seem I'm the only depressed person here who's just rotting in and out.

@CandleLight I'm not even part of this argument, but that hurt for a cynical fool like me. I'm also on your side for the unwarranted indifference about a suicidal victim's death, regardless of their situation, as I don't care if they're bad or good. Values are subjective and I have no way to truly force people to change their measure for people's caliber. Death is one thing, and murder is another, but suicide is worse, because you're your own taker who took out of despair.

@lighterxx Who she was is irrelevant, but her death made some people mourn, so it means she must have been a light to some people's darkness in their everyday life. I won't say anything else, because it seems I might be intruding too much. Let's just say, hope her career help those in dire need like her's, where they cannot confront others about their problems, hence, resulting in suicide. Her death has pass, and her life is now a memory. But, if there's any value she had left in this world, it's her fame to remind everyone about the despair of suicide, and that others can learn from this, strongly adapt, and hopefully overcome their own despairs. Cry enough to make a stain, but not enough to wash away the signs on the other side of that shore. The lighthouse makes light for those lost in the shores beyond, and by those signs, they be saved and land back in human hands.

I still dislike K-pop, not the persons or group, just K-pop in general. I hope you get over it soon, if you haven't, and thanks for sharing this as I got to see a heated argument rarely seen these past few weeks. Makes me think that people are still sane, but at least, they're somewhat honest and decent folks. That's a good thing, because some decency is always nice in this maddening gray world.

9. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, sulli is dead?!!

10. Jae lautner

Jae lautner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its horrible .. I don't fucking understand why can't these idols live their life the way they want . Why these paparazzi keep harassing them like everyday. Its Its easy to be judgemental and keep on passing comments how should they act, react or whatever but sometimes try to keep yourself in their shoes and stop pestering them like whenever and wherever [RIP] I feel sad for everyone who has to face these horrible situations

11. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...maybe she'll get stuck with a cute system and become a mc. When my father died, I imagined him becoming like one of those op harem protagonists in his next life. Silly and childish probably, but it gave me comfort, and still does :blobsweat_2:

Gon_, lighterxx and Snowbun like this.
  12. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, we lost her yesterday in the afternoon.

Thats an odd idea, but im ok with all kinds of coping mechanism o.o
    True, I hope she is at least happier now.

Jae lautner and Innieminnie like this.
  13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn it!
    I was checking up dramapanda for dramas to watch and saw this mentioned in the homepage on a different article.
    All the doxxing and cyber bullying that goes on here too and the members who have gone AWOL makes you wonder

lighterxx and Ahodesuga like this.
  14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I was dreading looking up your thread and my fears turned out to be true. Lets make a post to celebrate her life

That loser has been in my ignore list for a long time. I am not surprised

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    lighterxx likes this.
  15. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Korea do have toxic mentality, many of them seem to be engaging in depravity as can be seen in the Burning Sun case and in their H manhwa. And from my reading experience of H manhwa, I feel that their sense of “lewd” is distorted. They need a societal mental check up

16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I read how she had a wardrobe malfunction during a live stream and got a lot of hate.
    Then I recalled she had a nude role in 2017. She is not the first actress that committed suicide after a nude role. Although, unlike the actress from Scarlet Letter, there is no direct correlation but Real 2017 is another movie I added to my never watch list
    This is even worse since she had taken a hiatus previously for cyber bullying so her agency are culpable for not doing enough.
    And to me this show is just stupid, they giving trolls a national platform and it isn't empowering
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_of_Hate_Comments

Calling myself a slut doesn't make me feel less like a slut
    It's dumb

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    lighterxx and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  17. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, assuming she did commit suicide, her friends, family, and fans would care!

Innieminnie and lighterxx like this.
  18. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, I also think they do not know how to respond to the negativity or engage in them a healthy positive way. Some of them seem to be lacking that “common sense” (?) that other people in the world have. Not sure if it because they aren’t use to these societal issues or because of something else entirely

Innieminnie, lighterxx and Wujigege like this.
  19. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean how the victims respond?
    It is completely cultural.
    Suicide is seen as an option compared to other culture eg African cultures as shown in Things Fall Apart.. When you commit suicide you are considered unclean.
    Basically defiled.
    Asian culture for the most part see suicide as the best option to deal with shame.
    There are too many examples to count.
    This is a real thing : during exam season by law rooftop access is locked in all homes to prevent kids from jumping off the top of buildings.
    You can't make this stuff up
    https://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2014/08/05/suicide-is-sometimes-means-of-atonement-in-japan/

lighterxx likes this.
  20. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    Korea has highest suicide rate per young people average, by young, i literally see elementary school kids committing suicide because their parents act mean to them when they get 95 out of 100, both you and @MasterCuddler are right, they need a whole mentality change, they have both extreme education expectation and a weird type of madonna complex