Novel I'm Finally a Tree, But Why am I a Demon Lord

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Harzche, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Harzche

Harzche Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My first novel >.<

Posted on webnovel~

2. Harzche

Harzche Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm Satoshi Ki, a simple man. I love games, I love my work as a botanist, and I am single. Not that it's bad, but yeah, you've probably read enough novels to know how my life works. Well, if you don't, I go to work in the morning till afternoon and play till I sleep — that's about it. Although I can say that I kinda enjoy this simple life, I… I can't help but admit that I get envious of those who can live their life to the fullest.

But yeah, it's another morning in my monotonous life. I take a shower while my instant noodles are cooking, wait, does putting instant noodles in hot water count as cooking? It probably does.

After eating my cooked instant noodles, I walk outside and walk to my laboratory building, or I could take a bus. I'll take the bus for today.

It's 5:39 am. I'm late to work, standing on a bus line and it's so, so hot. My legs hurt. Why did I bring such a big backpack? Oh right, I'm, going to present my research by today.

And I've been here forever. Won't the line move? And what's taking the buses so long? I could have just walked. But I'm now in the middle of the line, and it'd be a waste if I left. I should ask to go forward.

Should I ask? What if they get angry? Ok, I'll ask.

One

Two

Three, breathe

Ahh, never mind, the lady might get angry, BUT I'M LATE!

Okay, I'll ask,

Inhale

Exhale

"Miss, could I go ahead of you?"

"Why?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I have to hurry, I'm late to work"

"Okay, sure."

"Really?" What? That easily?

"Hm?"

"Nothing, thanks."

Well, that was a short, nerve-wracking exchange. Good thing the lady's nice.

Ughh, there's still 4 people ahead of the line. I won't make it to work. Where's my phone — oh, wait it's in my bag.

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, and 7 more shuffles later...

There, found it! I should call my boss.

"Um hello, maam?"

"Yes, Satoshi?"

"I might be late today, I got stuck in the bus line..."

"Why didn't you just walk? You live like, 30minutes away"

"Well I've been in the bus line for quite some time, it would be a waste to leave."

"Makes sense, alright, see you!"

"Okay, thanks." Wow, everyone's nice today.

My boss is not always nice. She once cut my salary because she thought I was the one who spilled soil all over the lobby.

Well, she presented me my own lab as a recognition for being a Nobel Prize winner for botany. And with that, I can research at my own pace.

Or maybe she's just nice because I'm a world-class botanist, and she receives quite a lot of credit for my work... I don't know, I'm just happy I have my own lab.

Nice, I'm on the bus now and to make it better, I'm sitting in the middle of the bus, beside the window, no one's sitting beside me, and I have the air-conditioner all to myself — a fine day. But before getting on the bus, I talked to like 3 more people after the lady, and it was the worst. I hope it doesn't happen again.

And unlike outside, it's freezing inside. Like two different worlds.

Huh, is that an apple? Oh, it's a yellow apple!

Why would there be an apple in the bus? Someone probably forgot it. Hmm, inspecting it closely, it's probably a Golden Delicious — a sweet, almost honey-tasting apple. Considering I only had instant noodles for breakfast, I'll take it, don't mind if I do.

It was a neat bus ride, not that bumpy except the humps. Well, that's kinda expected, isn't it? I mean, I live in a rural area in the middle of Florida. 5 minutes later, I'm at work. Well, the line took longer than my bus ride. I really should have walked.

In front of the lab, I looked at the big laboratory building I work at, then stopped in front of a metal door before I was greeted by the guard, John. One of the 2000 Johns that work in the facility.

"Yo, Satowshi!" He said while opening his hand for my ID

Oh look, another person who can't pronounce Satoshi

"Hi, here's my ID"

The ID scanner blinked green.

"Right, good to go."

"Okay, thanks"

Entering the facility, I was greeted by the smell of plants — oh, what a pleasant morning! I went to the cafeteria and took a cup of coffee and some biscuits.

I took the elevator and got off on the 4th floor. I walked in the long hallways with glass walls, so you can see the peaceful hills outside the lab. I walked down the hallways to my boss's office. I knocked once — no response — then I waited a bit then knocked for the second time.

Realizing that she is not inside, I decided to just drop the research papers and wait for her to call for me. I entered her office which, as usual, is filled with her fragrant rose perfume and lined with pristine marble tiles. It is a very, VERY neatly arranged room that reeks of minimalism. Then, I walked to her table, took out the research results on a new plant I've been working on, and placed it on her desk with a note on top with my name written in big letters. And then, I left the room.

"Dr.Satoshi!" Someone shouted across the hallway as I was entering the elevator on my way back to my lab.

Hearing the shout, I looked back and noticed the apprentice scientist, Jonathan, running with his fit and muscly body at full speed towards me.

"Can you hold the elevator please?" He shouted again knowing that I noticed him.

I waited at the elevator for him then entered as he also got in front of the elevator.

"How's your day, sir?" He asked while panting.

"Fine."

"I see."

Noticing the dead atmosphere, I quickly searched my mind for distraction because this is getting hard to bear. I crossed my arms and leaned on the wall. Because I can't think of a distraction.

The elevator opened on the floor my laboratory is located, and I power-walked as fast as I can to get as far as possible from Jonathan who also got off on the same floor.

I got in front of my lab, scanned my ID, and after scanning, the door opened, and in front of me is another door which is the entrance to my lab. Before entering, I sanitized myself, wore my PPE, and dropped my backpack on the shelves.

Then, I remembered the apple I picked up from the bus and took it out of my backpack. After taking it, I washed it then took a bite as I entered my lab, greeted by the very strong scent of plants and soil. I proceeded with my daily routine.

After many hours of conducting my research on a new plant I created, I went out of the lab and noticed it's almost nighttime, so I removed my PPE suit, picked up my bag, and went straight to the cafeteria where I picked up 3 instant noodles before going home.

At home, I quickly took a nice warm bath then went to my room, played on my computer till I was sleepy then, I went to bed.

And when I woke up, I was looking at a guy with an extraordinarily long beard. He wore a light blue robe which floats behind him. He looked me straight in the eyes and said:

"You're dead."

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    TheLastAeon, Aachiin0914 and Kodiak like this.
  3. Viper_81293

Viper_81293 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will definitely give the novel a try.

Harzche likes this.
  4. Harzche

Harzche Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that as I was processing how I am suddenly sitting cross-legged on a mat, with a cool-looking man across an enormous round table that has a gavel on top.

Oh… I'm dead.

What? I'm dead?

Where am I? Is this Heaven? It's so bright, I can't open my eyes properly.

At this moment, thousands of thoughts ran across my mind, such as:

How did I die?

What time did I die?

Was I killed?

Who would kill me?

I haven't traveled the world yet!

Did I waste my life?

What is happening?!

"Calm down." The old-looking, sage-like guy wearing floating robes, has squinted eyes, and floating hair told nonchalantly.

"Alright, cool. Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, coo—"

"Stop talking."

He seems angry. Oh, he is angry.

"You're dead, my apprentice accidentally killed you." He said to me with a straight face, maintaining eye contact as if this type of thing happens on a daily basis.

Upon hearing that, my heart skipped 5 beats before beating again, and now I don't even know what to think. I'm lost.

I started sweating profusely, I stood up and backed away from him only to be pulled back to where I was sitting by a single wave from the old man's rough hands.

"I.said.calm.down!" He shouted with an unsavory tone.

"How am I supposed to calm down? I have a nice life, I live a peaceful lif—"

"STOP TALKING!" He shouted again as he slammed the table.

Then he waved his hand again as a soft streak of light covered my mouth, rendering me speechless.

"You were not the one who was supposed to die, it was the one living next door to you." He said in a calm tone, then he waved his hand one more time. When the old man waved his hand, soft streaks of light slowly formed an image above the table.

'It's my house' I thought with great shock and disbelief on what is happening

"You died of an unintended heart attack, as the God of Justice, I apologize on behalf of my apprentice." He said, raising his chin.

Wow, what a proud apology.

"As compensation, I will transmigrate you to the body of a demon lord in another world, do you agree?" He asked as he raised the gavel midway of his speech and looked at me.

The soft streaks of light covering my mouth disappeared after the old guy asked his question and I immediately asked,

"Do I have any other choice? Being a demon lord sounds so edgy and cumbersome."

"Alright, you won't be a demon lord."

Phew, I would hate that

"Instead, you could be a nameless civilian, living a boring life, a soldier who serves as a cannon fodder, an animal, a hero, an adventurer, a plant, or mayb-"

"I can be a plant?!"

As soon as the God of Justice heard what Satoshi said, a quick and menacing gleam flashed in his eyes.

"Well sure you can, why not? I am a God, nothing's impossible."

Calming myself down, I contemplated this choice I'm about to make. If I became a normal human, I would live a simple but boring life again. If I choose to be a demon lord, I could probably live very freely, and I will be powerful. But if I were to become a plant, it would answer the questions I've been seeking an answer to.

'How does it feel like to be a plant?'

Sounds dumb but this has been the question that became my driving force to pursue botany and become a leading scientist in that field.

I've decided.

"I'll become a tree." I said to the old guy with sheer determination emitting from the crevices of my face as I looked straight at him.

After I said that, I could solemnly swear that the old guy smiled for a bit.

"It is decided then." He replied as he started to float and the gavel became a huge hammer, streaks of light formed a huge hand which followed the hand movements of the old man as he held the huge hammer with his huge light hand and smashed it onto the round table which, and I am not lying, sounded like trampling animals, but every footstep is like a big gong being smacked.

After he smacked the round table, I disappeared into a flash of light and beamed up the room until I can't be seen from the room anymore.

------------

The God of Justice floated down after he sent Satoshi away and the huge hammer also eventually turned back into a small gavel and the old-man closed his eyes.

A few moments later, the God of Justice opened his eyes and saw a beautiful woman sitting on the round table with her back behind him.

After a minute of silence, the woman said, "This is the first time you've lied in 8121 years" with a seductive yet soft voice, as if mocking the God.

To which the God slowly closed his eyes and replied, "I had to. His soul had a jarring gold hue, and it's too soon for another problem."

"Why was that damned fruit on that realm anyways?" The woman asked as she turned to the God and looked down with a rather unpleasant look on her face

"I do not know either, but it means Yggdrasil has attracted some eyes again."

"Hm, that's bad."

"I know, I hope he dies faster in his new life."

Hearing that, the woman raised her eyebrow slowly and smiled, "Is that why you lied for the second time and still made him Demon Lord?"

"It's the fastest way for him to die and also the fastest way I can get answers to this phenomenon." The God replied with an irritated face.

"Alright then." The woman replied as she left the room in a blink.

After the woman left, the God stood up, waved his hand, then a book appeared in his hand. While weaving through the book, he was whispering "world fruit" under his breath, as if trying to search for it.

Eventually, the God stopped weaving through his book and a few moments later, the God's eyes were wide open, he stumbled a few steps back as if in deep shock before regaining his balance.

"So it will happen again." He mumbled to himself in disbelief.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Harzche
    Code:
    [SPOILER="title"]--text--[/SPOILER]

6. Harzche

Harzche Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omoo thankss

LaDyViL likes this.
  7. Harzche

Harzche Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel weird...

I can't see, everything is black...

I can't move...

But I can feel, I can feel things. Oh, I can move an arm, or arms — wow! I have so many arms — oh wait, are these branches? How come I can move my branches?

"Yo Hin es"

What? Did someone talk?

How can I hear? I'm a tree, right?

"H is m a jes can s e u"

Is someone spe — OUCH!!

I felt a sharp pain all around my body then suddenly, like light breaking into a window, I can see little by little, but everything is blurry. I can still feel the sharp pain in my body, but it's getting weaker.

Oh, everything's getting clearer! All I can see is a black and red room filled with red lighting and a long hallway filled with what probably is blood, guts, and bodies together with 6 figures kneeling. Why are they kneeling?

Can I talk?

"Herlhow" Wow, I'm a slow speaker.

After my very inaudible speaking, one of the figures wearing a gold-colored yukata with a lot of red stains suddenly stood up and spoke for a whole 5 minutes.He seems to be speaking in a different dialect, I can't understand him.

'What on Earth' is the only thing I can think of. I get accidentally killed, I meet a God, he turns me into a tree, and now there are 6 figures kneeling before me? What!?

Ugh, my head hurts. All these things happening one after another gives me a headache, usually when I'm in this status-

*Ding*

Wha —

-----------------------

Status Display

Name: Abies

Title: Demon Lord

Buff: None

Debuff: Weakened

Abilities:

-Transfer Consciousness

-Nature Magic

-Fruit of Yggdrasil

--------------------

Whaaat?!!

What's this?

Is this some Isekai novel?!

Why am I a Demon Lord?

Oh my Godd! What is happening?

After 20minutes, I'm still trying to process everything, and I'm still confused. But here is what I can put together; I know a whole different language, and for some reason, I know how to speak it. And after multiple tries, every time I say 'status', a status display appears, like in MMORPGs, and according to it, I'm a Demon Lord. But although I can see my status display, I can't see the numerical figure of my stats, such as my strength, dexterity, etc.

"Hello" I tried to speak in English.

When I spoke, a thick and old voice came out, and it's probably my voice. At least, my voice sounds cool.

After that, the 6 figures in front of me, none of which look human, stared at me questioningly as if trying to decipher what type of stupidity is standing in front of them.

"Are you speaking in human, my lord?" The man wearing a golden yukata asked.

Oh, so they can understand English? What?

"Yes, I am."

Hearing that, the air around the man turned red for a short period of time and shouted, "But My Lord, you deeply desecrate the human tongue, why would you speak it in front of your remaining loyal subje — I'm sorry for shouting, My Lord."

"It's fine, it's just that I find it hard to speak the other language that we totally used to communicate in before."

The man's face turned even uglier upon hearing that and slowly walked back to kneel beside the other 5 figures.

It's quite hard to describe how the other 5 figures look.

One looks like a small human with gray skin and pointed ears. The figure appears to be a woman also, she is wearing a cute pair of round glasses and is wearing what seems to be a hakama? Well, that's cute.

The other is basically a huge chunk of menacing looking armor with red, black, and gold colors, and a whole lot of blood with a huge sword on his back the size of a whole person.

The other two look like female twins, both of them are wearing skin tight suits with yellow and red. The one on the right has a huge bow on her back while the other appears to not have any weapon at all.

After staring at these figures for probably 2 hours trying to make sense of what they are wearing, one of them finally spoke.

"We were only able to make a narrow escape, My Lord. If we arrived even just a few seconds later, we could not have been able to extract your consciousness from your body and find a tree worthy enough to contain your majestic soul." The girl with cute glasses narrated with a low and cute tone,

Damn, I have to up my acting game.

"I see, good job, then."

Hearing that, the girl's cheeks turned beet red.

"May I ask you, my loyal subjects, to leave me for a while?" I asked.

To which they all replied with a, "Yes, milord"

And proceeded to leave the long hallway.

Where do I even start to process this

----------

"Ren, I have doubts that the Gods have meddled with our world again", said the man wearing a long yellow kimono.

"Why do you say so?" Ren, the small woman with cute glasses replied.

"BECAUSE MY LORD DOES NOT SPEAK THE HUMAN TONGUE!" The man exclaimed as the surrounding space seemed to twist and bend due to his anger.

"But he is my lord, I swore to give him my life and I shall not speak ill of him behind his back", Ren replied as she suddenly disappeared.

"Yes, yes he indeed is my lord as well. It might just be the effects of the soul transfer." The man mumbled to himself.

"Iris, Ivy, secure the perimeters, make sure no one finds this place. If someone does, ensure the Lord's safety first, he is very weak as of now."

"As you wish, Maxim", the twins replied to the man wearing the kimono then disappeared.

Then, Maxim pointed to the big hunk of armor, "Glut, guard the Lord."

To which he replied, "As you wish, Maxim."