Spoiler I'm in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by CannonBro, Feb 12, 2017.

1. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spielberg isn't an antagonist, he's Drew's godfather after all. It has been a while, but I do remember that Eric directs Jurassic Park himself and gives Saving Private Ryan to Kathryn Bigelow, so Spielberg had fewer hit movies in the 90s than in our timeline. He never becomes an antagonist like Michael Eisner, just a competitor.

OldManGu likes this.
  2. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks

3. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NO LMAO they went to bed when kathryn was shooting Thin Red Line in Australia. It got awk af bc the bed broke and Kathryn's secretary was outside snickering so the mood died down. after that Kathryn was really uncomfortable around Eric so he left. She then kept avoiding him and nothing happened even when they met close to the end of the story.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  4. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there never really was anything much there. although the author hinted at a lot of studios in Hollywood not working with Eric or intentionally suppressing him bc he didn't sell Jurassic Park to Spielberg nothing really happened. mainly bc Eric went on to direct Running out of Time for Colombia soon after and it got like $200 million in North America and $500 million total box office. with talent like that (it was his fourth consecutive film to get over $100 million N.A box office and second film to get over $200 million N.A box office) who would dare offend him. also even tho spielberg was big at the time he hadn't made a movie with over $100 million N.A box office in a lot of years (outside of Indiana Jones sequel). on the other hand, Eric made four movies with over $100 million N.A box office in 2 years. plus Spielberg never really tried to make things hard for Eric either so he was portrayed as a decent person for the most part. he was also Drew's god father so Eric also invited him to the few parties he hosted. later Eric invited Spielberg over to Malibu 10880 for lunch to get tinkerbell's role in Hook for Nicole Kidman and he also helped out Spielberg in the screenplay and, out of goodwill, told him how shit the script was. Spielberg also knew it but all the preparations were already done so he couldn't abandon it all of a sudden. They never cooperated on a film bc 1) Eric took his biggest hits of the 90s, except schindler's list and 2) Spielberg is a big director and Firefly doesn't wish to have to lower its own profit just to invite a big director. They were still friends tho. He also stayed in Spielberg's farm in East Hampton (i believe) after his two kids were born to escape the paparazzi. Even tho he took Dreamworks' name it obviously didn't harm Spielberg. also, Spielberg still created Amblin Pics like the Amblin Partners IRL. Firefly also sold them the Matrix sequel copyright bc of a controversy so there was no hostility between them.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    OldManGu likes this.
  5. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    they did kiss and i think it was during the time when they met in new york and got into a night club.. cant really remember the chap since been a long time since the last time i read

6. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no dude what r u reading? his rookie life is much harder than Eric's was. Eric had it easy bc he got that book seller to contact Fox with his 17 again script and they actually gave him the role (which is unbelievable) and from then on his rise to the top didn't have too many troubles, except for Michael Eisner's tricks. In Hunt, Simon was almost at a point where he would've gotten driven out of Hollywood before he even entered it if there hadn't been a leak in WMA due to internal competition (he also got jumped once by five dudes). Afterwards, he had to do a contract movie for Orion with pretty shit profit distribution. He also has a contract movie with Disney pending and recently CAA is trying to screw him over, along with MGM bc of Rainman. His only advantage compared to Eric is that he came to hollywood in 1986 and was able to take part in the Black Monday of '87. but obviously author had written that in so that he wouldn't have to make the mc rely on the Gulf War again to gain the capital to buy one of the Big Seven.

7. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no i remember what ur talking about cuz i finished it recently. the night club was ch. 399-400; it was a bit after eric made a fortune from the gulf war and after cameron and bigelow divorced. they didn't do anything then or many of the other times they met (they ALMOST went to bed after Kathryn won the Oscar for Saving Private Ryan). They finally did it when Eric was in Australia for some business and he visited Kathryn while she was shooting Thin Red Line. They went to bed on the tiny bed in Kathryn's camp but the bed was old and broke cuz of the shaking so they had to stop.
    Update: I just checked; its ch. 768 and Eric is in Australia mainly to look at Digital Domain Australian branch and the shooting progress of the Matrix.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  8. sleepyguy12

sleepyguy12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone write how many kids he has and how many wives he got?

9. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Courtesy of Ren Arcadia
    Tier 1: Girls that receive rings (arranged in terms of Eric's love for the girls)
    Drew Barrymore (first appearance ch.9)
    Joanna Pacula (first appearance ch.323)
    Elisabeth Murdoch (first appearance ch.180)
    Virginia Madsen (first appearance ch.36)
    Julia Roberts (first appearance ch.39)
    Nicole Kidman (first appearance ch.139)
    Jennifer Aniston (first appearance ch.9)
    Cindi Crawford (first appearance ch.621)
    Linda Evangelista (first appearance ch.620)
    Famke Janssen (first appearance ch.310)
    Tier 2: Girls that he still cares but not enough to receive rings
    Carmen Kass (first appearance ch.1095) (makes the best couple with Eric imo)
    Jodie Foster (first appearance ch.949) ps: she was introduced long ago. ch.949 is when she was introduced as a potential love interest.
    Jennifer Connelly (first appearance ch.110)
    Christina Aguilera (first appearance ch.445)
    Kelly Haines (fictional character; first appearance ch.624)
    Marissa Mayer (former President and CEO of Yahoo; first appearance ch.920)
    Elizabeth Tina Fey (2nd tier movie actress, comedian, writer, producer; breakthrough work: Mean Girls)
    Claudia Schiffer (2nd tier movie actress and top former super-model)
    Gisele Bundchen (top former super-model)
    Alessandra Ambrosio (top former super-model)
    Miranda Kerr (former super-model) (still no snusnu cuz she's a loli)
    Charlize Theron (top tier movie actress; breakthrough work: Monster, Oscar: Monster)
    Anne Hathaway (1st tier movie actress; breakthrough work: Rachel Getting Married, Oscar: Les Misérables)
    Kate Beckinsale (2nd tier movie actress)
    Penelope Cruz (2nd tier movie actress)
    Diane Kruger (2nd tier movie actress and former model)
    Natasha Henstridge (2nd tier movie actress and former model; breakthrough work: Species)
    Sophie Marceau (2nd tier movie actress)
    Monica Cruz (3rd tier movie actress, Penelope Cruz's sister)
    Trish Goff (former model)
    Elizabeth Perkins (2nd tier tv and movie actress)
    Tier 3: (he snusnu but didnt give much care)
    Brook Shields (2nd tier movie actress)
    Tyra Banks (television personality, producer, former model) (two days in his house with Cindy, Linda, Diane, Tyra)
    Jennifer Garner (1st tier movie actress; breakthrough work: Alias, Oscar: Alias) (no snusnu, only an acquaintance through Kelly Haines)
    Christy Turlington (top former super-model) (she isnt part of his harem and she got married) (two days in his house with Cindy, Linda, Diane, Tyra)
    Elizabeth Hurley (2nd tier movie actress and former model) (no snusnu, only an acquaintance through Cindy Crawford)
    Candace Bushnell (author) (once during her meeting to discuss Sex and the City TV adaptation)
    Kris Jenner (television personality, producer) (once in his office in firefly while discussing Beverly Girls. she is still married to Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner)
    Jennifer Love Hewitt (2nd tier movie actress; breakthrough work: i know what you did last summer) (once together with Sarah Michelle Gellar)
    Sarah Michelle Gellar (2nd tier movie actress; breakthrough work: Buffy the Vampire Slayer) (once together with Jennifer Love Hewitt)
    Diane Lane (2nd tier movie actress) (once during Basic Instict taping)
    Jeanne Tripplehorn (2nd tier movie actress) (once during Basic Instict taping)
    Leigh Zimmerman (2nd tier broadway and movie actress) (once during Home Alone 2 taping)
    Kelly Hu (2nd tier tv and movie actress) (once so that she could get the role in Resident Evil)
    Fernanda Tavares (former model)
    Helena Christensen (former model)
    Kristanna Loken (2nd tier tv and movie actress; breakthrough work: Terminator 3) (once to show her "appreciation" after getting a role in FastnFurious)
    im too lazy to do the rest of the girls appearance rn ill edit it out later

10. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    nah, not that part.. all i remember is that kathryn and james already broke up and that its somewhere after the saving private ryan part so i think it was around chap 1k+

11. saidaone

saidaone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it worth reading the mtl of this novel. And if i should read it, shouldmi read it from lnmtl or a chinese site???

12. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) this is one of the best "back to the past" cheat novels i have read simply bc its the closest thing to realistic u can have. there is no bullshit logic. there are no autistic characters that would commit crime at a moment's notice while scoffing at the "law" bc of their "powerful family". there is no retarded plot where the mc is, out of nowhere, enlightened to the hidden murim in the world he lives in. this novel just has a simple mc who goes back in time to LA in 1988 with a perfect memory of all the movies he had watched in his "previous life", which is basically a degarded photographic memory since later on in the story he does start to forget events and memories of his previous life.
    the mc pretty much has a easy ride (as u would expect since there's a lot of content to cover for the author), except for a couple traps here and there. the harem is also good bc its no illogical bs with all the big star ladies becoming BFFs. they're polite to each other (except a few who're good friends) but thats it; they don't really like each other very much (and understandably so).
    mc also uses his previous memory to win big in the Gulf War and the NASDAQ Crash.
    for anyone who would like a story with the mc having less of an... easy ride then u should probably read the second work of this author: Hollywood Hunt (tho its still only at ch.232~ and the pace is quite slow at 1 chapter/day.
    2) i haven't read the entire MTL on LNMTL but the little bit i read seems worse then the MTL of the websites with raws. i recommend reading on Piaotian. just get the author's name in chinese from the NU website and then search it together with Piaotian.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  13. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thats prolly near the end of the novel when eric saw kathryn talking to someone at the firefly titanic restaurant. he found out that it was a screenwriter named Bráulio Mantovani who was talking with kathryn about directing the City of God. the two walked for a bit but then kathryn went home alone and nothing happened.

14. Suyaris

Suyaris 〘C̶a̶p̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶n̶c̶e̶s̶s̶〙『ℕℯTøℛi ᴅᴇᴠᴏᴛᴇᴇ』

Reading List:
    Link
    So is Hunting Hollywood still a harem? It's a shame that the *snusnu* scenes are censored. I took a look at chapter 155 on piaotian(mtl) and it just said "Something happened like that". So vague. Hope you can make a list again of the women just like last time if you have time.

15. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    u want a list for Hunt or I am? basically there is no list for Hunt (at least currently) although there are potential harem members. main girl (Drew Barrymore of this story since she lets him fool around with other girls) is Janet Johnston, mc's public gf; the only other girl right now is kathryn bigelow though he does have an ambiguous relationship with his secretary, Jennifer Rebled. also Sandra Bullock wants to be his girl but he's taking it slow with her (tho he still feels good about her). basically so far mc hasn't shown too much interest in having ALL THE BEAUTIES like Eric. rather than just a physical relationship that may or may not evolve into one with real feelings, he's more into the idea of getting together with girls who actually like him FOR WHO HE IS not bc of his money or power (tho girls like that will be hard to find). michelle pfeiffer, courtney cox, and melanie grifith tried to woo him but he didn't bat an eye (which is a shame cuz michelle pfeiffer is all time top 5 hollywood ladies but even i get a not such a good person vibe from her so idk)

16. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for people wondering about the difference between this novel and the previous one:
    Some of the major differences in this novel when compared to the previous one is that 1) this novel doesn't revolve ENTIRELY around the mc. like in the previous novel EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER had the mc present in it (except for like three) but in this one the supporting characters are being given a lot more room to grow to develop them so as to not become super mediocre when compared with the mc. his gf has a playful personality, similar to drew, but she's also a social elite and is a very competent investment banker so he has more support with one of the major fields he will be associated with.
    2) the mc in this novel is looking towards other fields related to hollywood that he can stretch empire towards (which eric didn't start doing until halfway through the story by which time only the IT industry was left). like he's trying to create an LVMH before the LVMH is created (they just merged in 87 so its only been a year). he is also dabbling in video games market and blockbuster video rentals. so his empire is already very diversified and we're only in the 200s.
    3) the progress of the story is faster but not too fast. and there is also also some interesting drama brought about by his transmigration.
    ofc i find the previous novel better because its "complete" (bc the 1 chapter/day is a major turn off to rating this one higher) but if this one was also to be complete then there's no doubt that this one is better

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  17. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    wait so Janet's aunt is Simon's mother?

18. SaberToothedMonk

SaberToothedMonk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which chapter does the first of his children appear?

19. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well he adopts emma roberts and her first appearance is 330~ but he doesn't really think of her as his daughter until like 10-20 chapters later. his blood related children come in 520~ with a chapter named after his daughter Hawaii and then his youngest son is born in the second last chapter

SaberToothedMonk likes this.
  20. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    so wait Simon snusnu Janet, Kathryn Bigelow and also a threesome with Demi Moore and Renee Fecarotta Russo and also Lynda Carter.. did he also snusnu Jennifer(his assistant)?

is it me or Simon just likes older woman

Edit: he also has did it with Ella Macpherson, Jerry Hall
    Edit 2: Yep, he did it with Jennifer at chap 310
    Edit 3: Simon propose to Janet inside a car at chap 311.. he also gave a ring to Jennifer but it needs to be hidden
    Edit 4: Kinda disappointed that author makes Simon avoids those girls with connection to Eric(except Kathryn)
    Edit 5: Sela ward added to his 1 night stand list
    Edit 6: Simon and Janet's Wedding chap 338/march 3 1990. kinda surprise that author made Simon get married
    Edit 7: kinda surprise that Simon choose mca/universal over disney this time
    Edit 8: I am kinda slow.. just realize on why author made Simon and Janet cousin ~Lannister Approves
    Edit 9: damn so many edits :O

only good thing this time is that author finally dont give a whole review for the movie being release unlike I'm in Hollywood besides batman and butterfly effect(cant remember this one)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018