Spoiler I'm in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by CannonBro, Feb 12, 2017.

1. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit 4
    Same tho; one of the charms of hollywood was the emotional connections the MC made with the beauties of Hollywood but I guess maybe bc of political correctness the author's editor didn't allow him to make it like before.
    Edit 6
    Yea it kinda sucks but I guess its good in a way bc its not the exact same thing as the last one.
    also, it has been clearly stated beforehand that Simon and Eric are two very different individuals; Eric is just a middle-aged ad director from China who stumbled upon the throne of Hollywood, while Simon is partly a very hardworking and determined young man, partly a Universal studio exec, partly a famous producer, partly a famous musician, partly a famous director and many more successful and powerful middle-aged men mushed together in one brain. Therefore, its obvious that they would have two very different outlook on life.
    Also, Simon was only about 70% ready to marry; he married Janet bc he has a strong sense of responsibility towards her as she supported him from his early days. Eric, on the other hand, only feels responsible towards his children.
    Edit 7
    TBH Disney was never too great, especially not post mid 90s - mid 2000s, with ABC's lacking performance and debt pulling it down. if Iger and Roy Disney had not usurped Eisner from his throne then Disney would only continue to decay further. MCA Universal has everything that Disney has and then some. MCA has a cable TV with great potential in USA TV; over a million copyrights of a vast amount of mainstream music in Universal Music; a seat in the MPAA and a mature movie production and distribution system in Universal Studios; its personal theater chain which ensures that it can never really be forced into a corner even if all the other six studios and theaters decide to simultaneously attack it (tho that's nigh impossible).
    We just look at Disney's $150 billion market cap and think its the best of the big six and always has been but the great management and simple competition were the two main reasons Disney was able to develop into the behemoth it currently is.

surya666 likes this.
  2. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I prefer he took over MCA than Disney (actually I want him starting from zero but it would take too long I guess).

It's slow but I think I like this MC more than the prevous one, kinda curious too how he would make The Dark Knight since he already used half of the story into the first Batman movie which I think a jumbled mess like the real DC movies, but hey if the author actually can make a great DCCU (the author use Cinematic Universe instead of Extended Universe) he wouldn't just be a webnovel author right~.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    surya666 likes this.
  3. surya666

surya666 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can you give me a recommendation from the novel genre of business management, the storyline is good, and other characters aren't like npc who don't have a brain?

ignore my language (This is the result of google translate)

4. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    damn
    Eric's daughter = Hawaii
    Simon's future children = Seattle and Melbourne
    wtf author

5. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Anddddd... Westeros is basically name of a continent, imagine having name of places as first name and last name.

I thought naming his companies based on women from Game of Thrones is already cringeworthy.

6. surya666

surya666 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry can you recommend me a novel with a business management tag that is good like "Hunting Hollywood"

please reply to my comment

7. surya666

surya666 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry can you recommend me a novel with a business management tag that is good like "Hunting Hollywood"

please reply to my comment

8. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Extraordinary Genius is okay if you can just ignore the extreme patriotism of the mc
    Very Pure and Ambiguous: The Prequel if you are fine with Harem
    Rebirth in Hollywood (this one doesn't have any translation so you can only mtl it)

9. Windsley

Windsley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of the Entertainment Giant
    Monster Factory

10. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just spent a weekend reading the MTL of the sequel series up to the current chapter. Pretty interesting seeing the similarities and differences in the two plots. The author probably did a lot more research into investment banking since the last series, going by the lavish amount of details he gives in running a hedge fund. But a lot of the internet technology plot was copied almost wholesale, with relatively minor changes.

The whole "name every division of your company for a Game of Thrones lady" running gag was actually pretty irritating, if only because Google Translate didn't know how to translate any of them correctly. On the off-chance this ever ends up on LNMTL it'd be a really easy fix.

From the similarities of the two series it's also clear that the author has a fetish for older women, naming kids after geographical names, and
    kissin' cousins.

11. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    damn I just can't imagine Nicholas Cage being the mc for mission impossible.

yeezus likes this.
  12. bob3002

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about that. I think Simon is right, Nick Cage was good (and handsome) in The Rock and Moonstruck.

It's funny seeing all the same movies being made, but I guess both novels worked around the same pool of hit 90s films and star actors/actresses. At this point I'm thinking of the second novel as a spiritual remake instead of brand new novel. There's too much overlap in plot, love interests, and even the enemies (the author must really hate Tom Cruise or something, he always ends up blackballed).

13. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    ye lol, Cruise and CAA.

I'm now just waiting for the titanic part considering how Simon doesn't like James Cameron's way of going over the budget.

14. bob3002

Reading List:
    Link
    CAA always made sense as an antagonist in context. Their packaging of actors raised the price of film production and directly cut into studio profits. Tom Cruise always felt a little arbitrary as a choice of expensive actor to suffer. But now that Simon and Eric both slept with Nicole Kidman, maybe that explains why the author hates Cruise.

Titanic would be interesting, but it's still hundreds of chapters away at the soonest. Also so far the author seems to be avoiding describing the same movies in great detail again, so maybe it won't play as big a role in the plot. But then again earlier on Simon seemed to be meeting different ladies than Eric, and recently that appears to have reversed a bit, so who knows *shrug*.

15. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    was confuse with Simon since at first he was trying to avoid girls then suddenly he started turning into Eric lol

And ye, I am glad author stops describing movies in details since those took too much of the chapters

16. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, and seems like Spielberg going to be a somewhat relevant character finally (I hate how he just become backgorund character that only mentioned here and there in the previous novel).

Somehow based on the last chapter I think Spielberg will probably become potential enemy. Maybe there would be a fight on Jurassic Park sequel later on and Spielberg set up Dreamworks as a result. Just speculation though, since CAA seems pretty docile lately after Ovitz lose against Simon in MCA purchase (my favourite arc of the novel currently) and we need some kind of new Hollywood enemy.

yeezus likes this.
  17. Darkbeowulf08

Darkbeowulf08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did the author made simon and janet cousins?

18. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    IDK my guess was only me joking since author likes Game of Thrones and well there are quite some incest in there

Edit: ugh, Hawaii, Seattle, Melbourne, at least in Hawaii's case her last name isnt Westeros
    Edit2: seriously Author better not introduce another Jenny .-.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  19. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    now I am really curious if due to Simon's company naming will affect Game of Throne. I doubt someone sane enough will use Westeros, Daenerys, Cersei, Ygritte, Melisandre names else only thing I could think of is Simon talking with George R R Martin about GoT

20. AvatarWan

Reading List:
    Link
    Will he go for new actress like emma Watson ?