Recommendations I'm looking for ... demon cultivator

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by DocB, Dec 12, 2015.

1. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if there is any xianxia in which the MC is a demon beast?
    I'm kind tired of a human MC with a demon brother and want to see if the MC was the demon would he still need a human brother

2. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    There are novels with demknic beasts as the MCs. No xianxia though, from what I know at least.

3. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    Most demonic beast MC are reincarnated, and into a game like world, but xianxia put demonic beast without wisdom until X level and that view would probably be very insteresting

4. AnarchyDev

AnarchyDev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Although not a demonic beast, Re:Monster felt quite close, he is a goblin which evolves into an ogre (at point in manga) Not sure how far the ln has gone yet.

6. Cien

Cien 『Omnivore Reader』Inactive

Reading List:
    Link
    How about a MC that has demon veins

7. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    Possibility
    Read it until day 200 after that i couldn't distinguish between goggle translate and the edited version so gave up
    name it

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  8. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can read Chinese, then this one is pretty good I think. It's roughly translated as "The Great Saint's Legend" or "The Saint's Legend", (Whether it's plural, I don't know.) I personally prefer Saint rather than Great Saint. And no, this is not your western "Saint".

The description is super short, so I'll translate it.
    This is your typical Xianxia. It starts from weak to strong. Protagonist is also fairly OP. There are intimacies but no concrete harem. So harem is a subplot. The novel starts off from a small mountain village and slowly proceeds to larger places and eventually to realms. Now to what you want, a demon protagonist.

It's not a mindless demon (or animal) progressing stronger until gaining a mind of their own, sorry. It's a human who happened upon an unique cultivation art. It's called something like "The Nine Transformations of the Divine and Demonic". The Divine and Demonic are referring to "Divine Beasts" and "Demonic Beasts". It allows the protagonist to transform into a beast and a hybrid (humanoid form). There's a total of 9 ranks, one rank for each beast. His first two, which really aren't spoilers, are the Ox and the Tiger. With some imagination, his first form looked pretty cool. He had the legs, hoofs and horns of an Ox, similar to a satyr, and the claws and muscular upper part of a Tiger. And by simply learning and practicing this art, his blood naturally changes into those beasts'. Therefore, he's not much of a human anymore...

There are others with the protagonist as reincarnated as snakes, lizards, chickens or other various things. But I like this one the most.

9. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    seems interesting i might give it a try and MTL it