Recommendations I'm looking for more stories that..

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by crossover, Mar 8, 2017.

1. crossover

crossover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    have an intelligent female lead or mc that doesn't take shit from men or other women. It doesn't matter if there's romance in it or not, but if you are gonna recommend me a love story, at least recommend one that's well written and not dysfunctional.
    I would prefer if the genre included sci-fi,fantasy, and/or adventure.
    no smut/ecchi etc. please. I'm not a fan of descriptive sex scenes or excessive fan service in general.

2. AurumGold

AurumGold [An Element]

Reading List:
    Link
    None in this place hahahah.

Mufarasu and Esperwhim like this.
  3. henrywolf123

henrywolf123 『<(-.-<) kriby master』

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Esperwhim

Esperwhim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might as well add gender gender tag to your request. Authors don't write about strong independent women when they can cater to the masses and have men with unlimited vigor and harems filled with nothing but jade like beauties

5. thorlong

thorlong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. crossover

Reading List:
    Link
    I can give those a try. i don't care if the fics people recommend are shoujo or shounen. i'm not picky about whether or not the target audience is boys or girls

7. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    How about Poison Genius Consort the MC doesn't get bullied easily and can stand on her own two feet just fine. It is also a transmigration story but the emphasis isn't really on that.

8. Tsaimath

Tsaimath Otter Madness!

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, what others have said is true, there are few fictions with good (as in well written) female mains that don't turn retard as soon as the alpha-males start waving their tails. But there are some, some free and some on kindle unlimited.

As webfictions, there is Worm, one of the most famous cape fictions with an awesome protag and loads of character development.
    Whispers of the Nightingale is more of a xianxia/fantasy mix and very good as well
    Taint is more of a xianhuan as well
    Void Domain, for Urban Fantasy
    Tales of the Void Traveler for space mercenaries/pirates
    Starwalker, kinda a border case as the female protagonist is the ships AI which makes the fiction rather unique

Then, on kindle unlimited
    Perilous Waif, sci-fi, one of my personal favorites
    Dynasty Saga, starting with the Heavily Fox (young adult crosses over into an ancient China lookalike with reversed gender roles and plays sun tzu, rather funny)
    On Silver Wings Saga, one badass space marine (they are not called space marine) kicking ass, chewing bubblegum and realizing that she is all outa bubblegum

With a little more direction what you Like, I can think of more

9. crossover

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for even more suggestions. I'll see if i can think of anything even more specific.
    I should mention that while i'm not fluent in spanish, i can read it well enough to get the gist of what the text is saying(as long as it's not full of fancy words and such).
    Tsaimath, i also like that some of your recs have a psychological aspect to them, which can really good if done right.

10. henrywolf123

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way I am normally Very put off by gender bender, but this book seems to have pulled it off without shifting the focus off of the main action. It's not really a big deal in the book. (After the first chapter where she is like wtf why am I a guy)

11. henrywolf123

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way feel free to check out my reading list for anything that seems interesting.

12. Blique

Blique Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ people who think there are no such novels:
    Do you only read novels written by sexist guys? o_O I mean, I can tell by looking at most people's reading lists that the answer is yes, but...sigh. Honestly, people on this forum need to realize that there are fantasy/action/adventure novels written by women.

Breaking Off the Engagement… Bring it on!
    Demon Wang’s Golden Favorite Fei
    Feng Yin Tian Xia
    I’ll Live My Second Life!
    Konyaku haki? Yoroshī. Naraba, fukushūda
    Poison Genius Consort
    Mei Gongqing
    Princess Medical Doctor
    The Cry of the Phoenix Which Reached the Ninth Heaven
    The Magnificent Battle Records of A Former Noble Lady
    The Princess Wei Yang
    Female Warrior
    Genjitsuda to Nishiki shi teru Shojo
    Half Prince
    Konyakuhaki ni Zettai Kioku de Tachimukau
    In Exchange for Annulling the Engagement, Allow Me to Cut Ties With My Family
    Mulberry Song
    Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang
    The Villainous Lady Aims to Overthrow the Heroine
    Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite
    Gomen ne, Onii-sama
    Gong Hua (genderless though)
    Hokuou Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi
    Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (later on anyway, once she actually interacts with people)
    Man Chao Huan
    Tensei Shoujo no Rirekisho
    Unrepentant

I bolded the ones that are sci-fi, fantasy, and/or adventure. Some of the unbolded ones are supernatural or only have minor fantasy elements, so I didn't know if they counted. I hate unhealthy romances, so be assured that they're all fine in that regard.

I can also recommend a bunch of Western novels with good female leads if you're interested.

13. crossover

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not picky on whether or not it's eastern/western etc. as long it is either written or translated into english, or not advanced spanish.
    I'm gonna get started on making a reader list, with fics i plan on reading, based on what's recommended here, and the other posts.

14. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole "A Mistaken Marriage Match" series is this in a nutshell. I recommend starting with A Generation of Military Counselor.

Shem likes this.
  15. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
  16. shade0180

shade0180 your shadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Evil God Average

17. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Also for intelligent female MCs, don't forget To Be A Virtuous Wife (best of the female-MC historical reincarnation genre), and Common Sense of a Duke's Daughter (though these are more political drama than action/adventure...)

For strong female leads, even though they are not the MC, perhaps Risou no Himo might also suit? (Ruling Queen magically summons average Japanese salaryman to be her consort provided he never grabs for power). There is a little bit of sex involved (they have to get an heir for the kingdom after all), but it's never overdone nor gratuitous. Very much married-couple-sex. And about 1/4 of the story is told through the Queen's perspective.