Recommendations I'm looking for political stuff with other world setting

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Nikko Anderson, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Nikko Anderson

Nikko Anderson The Second Apprentice of The Fourth Librarian

Reading List:
    Link
    Been reading mei qigong and seven thus this pop up to my mind. What I mean by other world should be 'something different from our world'. for example lyle's world. It might be fun have something like governing territory and dealing with other nobles rather than going on adventure...
    I've read rakuin no monsu* (I forgot the spelling) but it's a bit heavy (not sure...perhaps just the flow and wording but it make me sleepy)
    If anyone has something in mind please tell me.

2. Doughb

Doughb Hand Tied

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Btoken

Btoken Nice Enough

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Darkanlan likes this.
  8. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/descent-of-the-phoenix-13-years-old-princess-consort/
    More about imperial court politics and military drama than city management.
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-tensei-dakedo-doushite-kou-natta/
    MC kills her evil family as a child and now has to fulfill her role as a noble.
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/god-and-devil-world/
    About rebuilding society after zombie Apocalypse. 18+ for gore and graphic sexual content (not tons but there).
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/hachinan-tte-sore-wa-nai-deshou/
    Nonheir noble son MC learns magic and tries to become an adventurer. Due to him being OP, the nobles don't let him be and make him a major noble in hopes of him being the hero of the kingdom.

Edit
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/seiun-wo-kakeru/
    MC is a modern day blacksmith that wakes up in a low tech village. Uses his knowledge to improve the villages way of life. No OP skills or anything just normal people doing normal things.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/ze-tian-ji/
    MC is a scholar from the country that heads to the city to find a cure for his illness. Due to a misunderstanding with some nobles, the entire social structure of the Empire changes due to the presence of the MC and the continuation of the misunderstandings. However, the MC just sits in his library not understanding what he caused.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Darkanlan likes this.
  9. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Shield Hero world was more than a little messed up if you're interested...

rpgbscout likes this.
  10. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Realist Kingdom

11. Nikko Anderson

Nikko Anderson The Second Apprentice of The Fourth Librarian

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow a lot of suggestions thanks!

12. ReaderBot

ReaderBot Android R-18 Series Winter Edition

Reading List:
    Link
    Dizzcity likes this.
  13. KuroShiroe

KuroShiroe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will get on the train of Realist Kingdom Reform Chronicle, is more focused in economics, but it still has quite a lot of politics.

14. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    Bwahahahaha

15. morli

morli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you dont mind fanfic try A questionable burden of leadership of troll emperor by Noodlehammer. It's about Naruto who is too strong and too much bored trying to conquer Stargate universe. Full of trolling around, empire building, spaceship war and conquering a planet. You dont even need to know Stargate plot to enjoy this story.

16. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 on Realist Kingdom

Ze Tian Ji, though the MC is someone caught up in and hindered by politics rather than someone controlling them.

Is that as ridiculous as it sounds or do they actually try to play it straight?

17. loeghaz

loeghaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soo.. anything else? I kinda interested to this kind of novel. I prefer male MC. Hell, I NEED MC to be male. lol
    Eyeing it for sometime.
    Read it, like it but the story is not that far yet to be sure. Lots of potential tho.
    For chinese novel, its too few chapter for my taste. As you know they progress slowly so 100 chapter for CN is like 20 chapter for others. lol
    Is this related to Otherworldly Evil Monarch or something? Chapter numbers is not too bad but is political stuff really there? the synopsis from novel updates is not clear.
    Do you know others that have male MC?
    The chapter number and update rate is a little bit... Is it worth the wait? Can we feel the political struggle enough?
    Really interested in this, but the manga version make me hesitate cause of fear of spoiler. Maybe I'll read it later. :D
    Read it, love it. I really want something like this. The political struggle is real but we can still enjoying MC's life. And more importantly, hot wife and harem potential. lol
    I prefer medieval era with magic and fantasy but the story pique my interest. Is it like lone wolf MC (maybe a few companion) salvaging and advanturing like walking dead or highschool of the dead? Or Group of people trying to build a settlement while defend from wave of zombies? :3
    Read it for a few chap but became bored cause I dont know even a little bit about blacksmithing and the story is too focused on technicality. Is the story developed to be more general? Something like talk about how to develop the village, not what tools did he used and what degrees to create something.
    Already in my todo list. :D

18. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Main emphasis probably won't be politics. The current arc however is political. Not sure how long it will last but it's a good novel regardless. Also it has the same author as OEM, but this is more xianxia-esqe

19. loeghaz

loeghaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Maybe I'll check it out later when chap count is rising. I really cant stand cliff hanger and waiting. Thats why I usually will not read something that only have very few chaps no matter how great they are. lol

20. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    A little of both. In the beginning small group. Later, he has a main settlement with thousands of people but goes out on raids or exploring by himself or with small group. The MC also has a hard time of not being separated from the rest of the group. There plenty of politics when the MC is with the main group. Occasionally, there is large battles with thousands of people against large amounts of zombies or mutated beasts,.
    The MC has now started to upgrade the village buildings (barns, hospitals, etc.) and their products (soap, wax candles, types of crops, etc.). Also beginning to manage trade relations with other nearby villages and with noble that controls all those villages. MC still makes items, but it is a more focused helping develop the village or relations between villages.

loeghaz likes this.