Recommendations I'm looking for something to translate

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Land of The Fallen, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Land of The Fallen

Land of The Fallen Hax's | Immortal

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone!
    So right now I'm translating 'I Heard You Like Me Too' and have come to the conclusion that translating it actually quite fun to do + I get to read more stories. So I decided to search for something interesting to translate. So, I went to the novel pickup sub forum. (Cause I don't want to search on all the CN sites cause it hurts my eyes to see wall after wall of chinese characters... though I'm probably just being lazy.)
    Unfortunately, that was nothing that really caught my eye.
    So if anyone could kindly recommend me a novel to translate, I'll be very grateful. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Requirements
    1. Free to read (This is like the most important requirement. It has to be free to read. I am a broke student who has no way of earning money. For example, creating a paypal account is not possible as of now cause... parents... :notlikeblob: If they knew I was spending my free time translating I'll be dead.)
    2. Female protagonist (This helps narrow it down greatly. I'm not in the mood for OP male protagonist gathering himself a harem of females.)
    3. Nothing super explicit (Well, actually I don't mind if it's like just a bit :blobmelt:, but it shouldn't be like pure smut or revolve around the MC having sex or sth...)
    4. Chinese Novel (I can't read/understand Japanese. So unless you want MTL...)
    5. Short chapters (I'm planning for this to be like a side project where I release like one chapter a day if possible since the chapters for IHYLMT are actually kinda long... But I don't really care much about the number of chapters since when IHYLMT it'll become my main project.)
    6. Romance (I am currently in need of something fluffy and sweet... or just romance even if it ends in a tragedy or sth. Anything to get my mind off my upcoming exams... :sweating_profusely:)
    Extra
    1. I don't mind Yaoi/Danmei/Shounen ai/BL (As long as it isn't too explicit)
    2. Can't think of anymore right now :blobwoah:
    So yeah. If anyone could help me recommend some novels to translate, I'll be really grateful!
    In fact, thank you in advance *bows*
    PS: Please provide the link to the raws.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Chiiiiiiiii and pukeofhurl like this.
  2. pukeofhurl

pukeofhurl The Philosopher

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont have a recommendation but more of a hope for someone else who does suggest a decent novel that was dropped rather than picking up something new since there are tons of dropped novels that were pretty good but nothing ever happens with them would be nice to have more novels finished rather than a few dozen more novels that get half way done

3. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatever you do, don't translate QI novel. Unless you prepare for the dramaaaaaa

4. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    How about, Jashin ni Tensei Shitara Haika no Maou-gun ga Sassoku Metsubou Shisou Nandaga, Dousureba Indaroka?

Free to read? No. I can't find pirated version of the light novel.
    Female Protagonist? Nope, male.
    Nothing Super Expkicit? Idon'tknow if thereare any.
    Chinese? Lol no Japanese :)
    Short Chapters? Well it is a light novel so expect long chapters.
    Romance? Well the story is about being reincarnated as a god, in this case as a newbie god of a demon lord on the run with few soldiers left. Dunno how romance can get there.
    Yaoi? I have no idea. The Demon God and demon lord are both males though...

So with that, my suggestion checked a grand total of.... ZERO!!!

YEY! So when will you start translating? :)

5. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Land of The Fallen

Land of The Fallen Hax's | Immortal

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Wow, Unique Legend was one of the first novels I read when I first found out about the existence of Chinese novels...
    I remember MTL it cause I was so desperate to read it... (It was painful)
    Thanks for helping out!

Chiiiiiiiii likes this.