LCD I'm Really A Superstar

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Littledragonlady, May 31, 2016.

1. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    next chapter lets get fun..!!!!!
    this part is fun

2. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no story left in this novel anymore. He still wants to be a superstar but the novel has lost the plot. When is the last time he actually did something meaningful in the workplace? I can't even remember. He wrote a song but it takes 1 chapter to do that and then we get tens of pages of shitty nationalistic reaction chapters and him stirring up trouble. This story seems to have turned to nothing but filler.

At the start, Zhang Ye seemed like a person who was dedicated to reaching the top, and while I still think he is, the novel doesn't seem to care about this anymore. It's too busy talking about Zhang Ye (poorly) creeping on any woman he can be alone with, hating on Koreans, and and getting into senseless trouble. This hacking crap adds nothing of value to the story, it's all just so he can go and stir up more trouble and so that we can get another few stale reaction chapters.

I liked reading this novel because the updates were really quick but I shouldn't have repicked this up. The story's fall from grace is even worse that TDGs.

ZhaWarudo, Lotfi and Aeternelle like this.
  3. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason for him becoming famous is his stirring up of shit. Besides, it will give him reputation points that helps him get to his goal. Furthermore, he's nationalistic. So you expect him to sit there and do nothing when he is capable of doing so? That would be unrealistic and out of character.

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  4. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
    >.>
    lets hope he dont get to OP....
    i like the way he go too every type of job XD

5. Aizelf

Aizelf 『....』

Reading List:
    Link
    eh I think the story is getting more and more senseless and meaningless.....
    The vast knowledge that Zhang Ye has really frustrates me. I mean how can he just have knowledge about everything? He then uses the Memory Capsule to retrieve the info and ta-da! problem solved! In the beginning of the story it was fine; he knows about some poems and stories, that's okay, but now every time Zhang Ye is in a tight situation he 'coincidentally' has some knowledge and information that he can use and then solve the problem.
    Even in the latest chapter(c434), since he had just eaten 100 or more computer skill books, I thought he would just show his skills and beat the hackers and do some trolling or 'face-smacking' (a thing I really love about this series). But he again 'coincidentally' has seen a source code of a virus which he will unleash in this world. Is there really anyone here who has seen a source code of a virus(anyone not in the it field)?
    Also, Zhang Ye intends to become famous right? But if he doesn't really have talent of his own in literature or any other field and just uses other's works, then what would happen when he reaches the top or after 20 years or so? I guess he will still have memory of use left with him till he dies. -_-

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  6. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I call bs! In order to use memory search capsules he had to have seen it, no way that he has read virus codes.

What do you mean by TDG's fall from grace? It's the same stuff over and over, nothing's changed...do you mean because out of his goal to be with one woman it turned into a harem? However that was hinted in the early chapters so it's not unexpected.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
  7. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Without trying to write any spoilers, TDG started with a clear goal/plot in mind, which was to clear up the issues in Sacred City. That was Nie Li's goal, to ensure that whatever family/group it was (the bad one) was kicked out and for the city to remain safe. It had nothing to do with the romance or relationships. It doesn't matter how many girlfriends (if any) he picked up because the big picture (saving Sacred City) was the same. You could say that him and the girl's relationship was also something of interest though I guess, whatever her name was.

The story had a reasonable structure until then. There was a goal, there was things that the readers wanted to know (who is responsible, how are they going to defend, how strong do the people need to be, what will happen to the city, does he land the girl?) but as soon as that arc was done the bigger picture went out the window because all the questions were answered and there wasn't enough new questions. I would put money on TDG having a high drop rate after Nie Li leaves Sacred City because after that the story just went to shit, there was no direction, the plot was whimsical.

I compared it to IRAS because I think they both have similar traits. The author had a clear plan early on and stuck to it. There was an overarching story and it kept the story interesting. Then after a while it's the end of the rope and the content comes out on the fly which is just a shitload of irrelevant filler. IRAS and TDG were both very good early on, but they both reach a point where it seems like the author hasn't really done much planning and the stories both suffer because of it.

8. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's not. At all. Anybody can stir up shit on the internet or in public, they aren't famous are they? It is a combination of the fact that he is highly successful in his workplace, and also that he stirs shit. But the fact that he 'stirs shit' is only supplementary. Anybody can stir shit, but not anybody can reach the same levels of success that he does in the workplace.
    Same as above, he's only getting the rep points because his attitude is supplementary to his work.
    And?
    It has nothing about him going to work, working hard, or doing whatever. I don't doubt Zhang Ye's dedication to succeed in the slightest. I think that he is highly driven and intelligent enough to make it far. The author however, doesn't seem to be interested in that. The author doesn't want to write about his career, he wants to write about irrelevant shit that nobody cares about.

There is zero character development in IRAS. Zhang Ye should be using these experiences to progress as a person. But no, 400+ chapters later, after all the conflicts, he is exactly the same person as he was in c1. He's petty and he's a creep. He hasn't learnt anything. This entire 'hacker' arc could be removed from the story in it's entirety and it would have zero impact on the overall story. Filler.

9. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    was hoping there was christmas miracle mass updates FeelsBadMan

10. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Lately i think IRAS become quite repetitive in pattern and zhang ye relationship with woman cast in the whole story are really ambigue and have no clear direction every arc like author want to match zhang ye with this girl but afterthe arc done poof they relationship become plainly normal again at most become closefriend but atmosphere that builds in the arc are completely gone
    I do admit that until now IRAS still in my top list of reading but that doesn't mean the repetitive pattern are ok

Aicila likes this.
  11. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what makes Zhang Ye special. He is the ONLY person who gets famous by stirring shit.
    You haven't been reading carefully then. Zhang Ye is a workaholic. He works harder than anyone. Anyone on set is astonished at his ability to carry on working for so many hours on end. Yes, it is partly because he already has a script in his head, so he can do long recordings (7-8 recordings a day), but it was also said that he needed to control his pitch, his tone, his speed and reactions. That's not something you can do just because you have a cheat. That is still true skill. His delivering of literature has to be apt, you can't just randomly throw out a poem that has nothing to do with the situation, so that is his wit that impresses people. If I were to give you a compendium of poems, can you immediately pick one out when faced with a particular situation? Downplaying his achievements because of his memory capsule is bullshit. He still worked hard for it.
    Remember what Zhang Yuanqi said to him in Chapter 53. He is not the one going to change. The story is about him changing how others view him.
    Also, the pervert chapters are supposed to be redacted, so there's no point judging them for the story. There's almost none of those left any more.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Nefasdetestasti and Vorpal like this.
  12. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I already said it so I don't need to say it again. He did not get famous because he stirred shit, he got famous because his work was incredibly successful. If you removed his success in the workplace and just left the 'stirring shit' he would be a nobody.
    You haven't read my post carefully then. I literally said 'I don't doubt Zhang Ye's dedication to succeed in the slightest. I think that he is highly driven and intelligent enough to make it far.' I have already credited his intelligence and dedication to his work.
    I'm not the one downplaying his achievements, you are. I already said that he got famous because of his work, his work ethic, and his intelligence. You said that he is famous because he 'stirs shit'.
    He's not going to change, yes. And not a single shred of character development makes for a poor novel.
    Yeah, redacted because they are absolutely horrible cringefests. You can say they're redacted all you want but they are still written and translated. They're not redacted for me because I have to read through them.

13. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With his persona '2', how much point he got? 10M, 20M or more.

14. Aizelf

Aizelf 『....』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow The plotline....
    Zhang Ye saw the source code of a virus plus it's four variants. Such..
    Edit - oh..it increased to 100 variants :/

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  15. Slaggedfire

Slaggedfire Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I highly doubt any layman like me or Zhang Ye could understand even a tiny bit of Code, let alone the code of a complex virus!. Worst part? Why would he even bother looking for it, you'd think he would have spent his previous life bettering himself instead of gathering tons of knowledge of which he had no use of at the time.

16. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I can still believe if he know the original code of the virus, but to know hundreds variants is a bit....... I think there's only two possibilities first the variants exist because his own skill get by the booj from lottery or the memiry capsule is actually like google that can search any information from his original world, honestly this most unexplained arc in iras in previous arc author still write zhang ye know this because it's compulsory. In his university or education system in original world or it's a popular things between his peer so he know quite much about it or because he eat book skill the information flowing to hisbrain
    But this arc the plot hole is quitee heavy in my taste

17. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I can still believe if he know the original code of the virus, but to know hundreds variants is a bit....... I think there's only two possibilities first the variants exist because his own skill get by the booj from lottery or the memiry capsule is actually like google that can search any information from his original world, honestly this most unexplained arc in iras in previous arc author still write zhang ye know this because it's compulsory. In his university or education system in original world or it's a popular things between his peer so he know quite much about it or because he eat book skill the information flowing to hisbrain
    But this arc the plot hole is quitee heavy in my taste

paradoxlie likes this.
  18. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link

You are not Chinese, nor Asian people, right?
    In one Asian country, 30 years ago, one poem is one of the initiators of the civil war!

Too bad that the power of the poem is inevitable lost in translation.

I'm rather sure that when you read the chapter about the great Shudiao Getao, you think 'oh, another good poem'.
    I like to say : if Shuidiao is just 'the another good poem', there'd be thousand good poems this genre.
    But you know what? There's none.
    Because no scholar, no matter great, for the thousands of years of time span, could write the better one.

For Asian people, poem has power.

19. Slaggedfire

Slaggedfire Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Look, I get that they are heavenly poems from a culture I'll never understand unless I reincarnate as one of them without my memories, but I simply do not think every single person would act like a bunch of rabid dogs over a poem. Them being godly poems only makes the way Zhang Ye uses them even worse. I know none of these poems and honestly poetry bores me, I'm more into stories rather than poems, now if a story happens to have a poem then I can handle it, but if that story involves the main character stealing beloved things and using them for his own selfish goals, that I cannot stomach.

20. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    People who always fight about pointless things about this novel is making cringe so much..

Pushing their own selfish thoughts about the novel and downgrading it so much.
    Please, take it somewhere else..
    It's not good to downgrade a good novel just because of you not liking the way the story is going.. And besides.. you're not the only one who's reading this..

Please respect the hardwork of the translator too for translating this great novel.
    No one asked you to read this.