Spoiler I'm Stanning the Prince [Manhwa]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shoshorang, Mar 14, 2020.

1. MyPrinceOppa

MyPrinceOppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please..
    that chapter made my mind very messy..
    I can't stand it except for laughing every time on the panel..
    And think if that's how it is described if book 1 'Prince in a rose' is really real..:blobcatblush:

still i will see mano as a loyal bodyguard + handsome + good, but not with BL..:blobcatcop:

2. Queenofmirth

Queenofmirth More than a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Angela is so, so, sooooooo sorry right now. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

3. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YOU. STAY. YOU PRESENT A VERY GOOD THEORY. *GRABS YOU AND PRESENTS YOU LIKE BABY SIMBA* THIS LUCAS KINNIE INTRODUCED A VERY IN CHARACTER CHANCELLOR AND FERDERICK THEORY

SKSKKSKSKS I HOWLED. I USED TO BE A MANOBURN SHIPPER. Ahh I feel old. Good times. Remember when ISTP used to be mostly comedy. Now it's 40% comedy and the rest is angst, tension, and Angela saving the day

SKSKKSKSKS I HOWLED. I USED TO BE A MANOBURN SHIPPER. Ahh I feel old. Good times. Remember when ISTP used to be mostly comedy. Now it's 40% comedy and the rest is angst, tension, and Angela saving. Everyone. Talan arc needed. Our Golden retriever needs to shine again.
    Yeah. A bit. But she would also be not sorry. She made that ship. She should sail in it. Angela look your dreams came true

Marinessa and Queenofmirth like this.
  4. Leyan

Leyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We are very sorry to suddenly deliver unfortunate news to readers who have been waiting for <I Love the Prince> every Thursday. The author has been in charge of writing and drawing for a long period of time, and is continuing the work that is difficult to digest alone. As I worked in an unreasonable state, my physical and mental health deteriorated, which led to frequent absences. The writer had the will to continue his work, but he is not in the right condition to proceed with the weekly serialization, so he plans to proceed with the serialization on an irregular basis. The irregular series will start this week, and 15 episodes will be uploaded at a time. We ask for your understanding that we cannot give you a clear answer on the upload time as it is an irregular process. If you register your interest in the webtoon in the upper right corner, you can receive notifications when uploading works in the future, so we ask for your continued interest and love. Once again, I sincerely apologize to the readers who have been waiting for me, and I would like to ask for a lot of support for <I Dedicated to the Prince> and the author.

I don't understand. Does that mean that there won't be a chapter today ? And 15 chaps will be uploaded at once ?
    im confused. :confusedcatblob:

5. ISTPRayburn

ISTPRayburn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guys zoo sun is taking a long hiatus and we don't know when he'll be back but at least he doesn't drop the manhwa

6. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I MTL-ed the announcement and I'm trying to make it coherent.
    "Hello.
    It's "MstoryHub"
    Due to the artist being the writer and artist, doing everything by themselves and continuing to do so affected their health. Both mentally and physically.
    The artist wanted to continue the weekly upload schedule but at this point it is not possible for them to do so. So they will come back with an irregular upload after coming back from a break.
    This irregular chapter updates will be 15 times without a fixed time period. (15 episodes left maybe for S2?). It will start once Author nim comes back from a hiatus/long break to pick themself up again.
    Please understand that since it will be irregular we cannot say for sure when will uploads happen, subscribe to this webtoon to receive notification once it uploads(? Sth like that). So please continue showing your love and support.
    Again. I sincerely apologise to the readers who waited for "I Stan the prince". Please show a lot of love and support to the writer.
    Thank you"
    Honestly I'm glad Zoosun nim is finally taking the break. You can see how tired they are by watching recent chapters paint style; like little mistakes, and forgetting to polish and what not.

7. sugarwhale

sugarwhale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is ok at least author nim doesn’t give up for the manhwa, In fact, this story worth for waiting.
    I don’t mind it release each chapter once a month or return to ss1 painting style, more like a fairy tale. Character and background in ss2 are too detailed and too beautiful, although I enjoy it very much. It must bring lots of burden to author nim.
    I love this manhwa so much because of its slow burn pace and each character have their own story. They take action for their purpose and their action will develop the story as well as affect other character ’s actions and relationship . It is rare to have romantic manhwa in such completed structure. I even encouraged to learn Korea language by this manhwa.
    No matter how long please take a break and I will wait for it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  8. Marinessa

Marinessa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope the author is able to get plenty of rest and do whatever they need to feel recharged & inspired. I will eagerly await the chapters whenever it is released, It is truly unique and brings me so much joy.

Meomeo0411, cris_elle, Lemew and 4 others like this.
  9. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the news! This is my only channel for ISTP's news so, thank you so much!

Zoosun-nim could take 10 years to wrap up this story and I would still be waiting. Because I stan the Prince is that good.
    The plot is unique. There are panels full of details that, sometimes, I just understand to the fullest in my third or forty read. There is a sense of humor flowing in the images, text, and onomatopies the author chooses.

There are those four women: Angela, Hoya, Garnet, and Bourbon. They are so different. What they want for their lives is so different. Sometimes they get in each other's way. And even with all that, I don't think there is a big feeling of annoyance and hate growing disproportionately.
    Hoya's abandonment issues and trust issues and her mindset "Maybe we should kill the author before something happens" makes my faith in her get shaken? Sometimes.
    Garnet's delusions annoy me? Of course.
    Bourbon be unable to understand that Rayburn is not Frederick's deathly enemy irritates me? Tremendously.
    Yet, I can see myself hating any of them.
    And that is something to be celebrated.
    There is a great deal of empathy in this story. Not just "good characters's" pain to justify why we should hate "evil characters" and be okay with their suffering.

A lot of manhwas work with this logic of protagonist vs. villain, in which is given to us a character to hate easily without considering the complexity that creates them.
    But here I'm, still considering what we will discover about the General.
    What is his emotional motivation in all that? Inferiority feelings because of the way he was treated? He really thinks the Espelinds would walk over Frederick and, as his uncle, he is Fred's only hope? He thinks the empire was built over his hard work on the battlefield so his family assuming the Emperor's place is the right thing to do?

A lot of manhwas also work with the "amazing male protagonist". He is the more handsome, the more intelligent, the more capable, the more powerful... The perfect one.
    From what I see Zoosun-nim's work is not going in that direction. If I thought otherwise, I would have no hope of Hoya becoming Rudext's Empresses. Which I still have.
    Rayburn is the best swordsman, but he has plenty of problems. And Angela saved him once or twice, of the world and of himself.
    I don't like "perfect male protagonists" and I love "the girl saves the boy". So I'm having great fun with this story.

Now that I already pointed some of the reasons I love "I stan the Prince" as much as I do, I have to say that I find Zoosun-nim a genius.
    There is Mozart to Music, Einstein to physics, and Zoosun-nim to manhwas.
    The author has to live long and healthy and calm and happy.

Cu1turedweeb, Lemew, Martha. and 5 others like this.
  10. Thoughtful-Dreamer

Thoughtful-Dreamer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really understand... They said that the author is taking a break but they will release 15 chapters at once?! How is that possible? Will Zoosun-nim finish the chapters during the break by doing it at their own pace?
    I hope it will be a real break where the author can fully recover and relax they deserve it so much:justabotheart::justabotheart:

11. Bubblesyou

Bubblesyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To help you understand, the author will take an indefinite hiatus until she fully recovered. AFTER that, she will publish the remaining 15 chapters in a irregular interval (not weekly, whenever she feels ready to publish). So you have to wait until the author is ready to work again and wait for the irregular updates. And its not 15 chapters at once, its 15 chapters updated at irregular interval. Maybe once a week or once a month.

MayaAelins, Marinessa, Lemew and 4 others like this.
  12. Thoughtful-Dreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you! I love how complex the characters are! This is why I'm really looking forward to Bourbon story since we don't know anything and she seems to have so much potential to become a really great character (maybe become a fan favourite after all the hate she received). That's also why it always make me uneasy when I see all the violent hate characters (like Bourbon or even Garnett) recieve when they are first introduce. Sure, they appeared as antagonists who are not very likeable but we do not know everything, their real motives, what or who make them do what they are doing... They have the potential to become ally and their stories are complex:
    - Garnett search for power come from her insecurities as she was basically "sold" to the dark prince and is now the fiancee to someone who do not consider her. She is just a mean to an end and do not have any real friends (besides Angela?)
    - Bourbon appears to be someone really protective but who has been hurt in the past. She is now lost, without anyone to support her, doing things she thinks are right but not in reality. She is on her own and is the enemy, the target of the most dangerous and powerful man in the empire...:notlikeblob:
    - These two are on there own for survival (Garnet in a less dangerous way but still). They have their own problems but with some help and consideration could overcome them and become great allies and characters! People only see them as threat for the leads but not as characters with their own struggles which are not necessarily related to the love story between the main:blobexpressionless:
    The author really gave depth to the characters and it is always so captivating to read!:blobReach:

Oh okay I didn't understand correctly my bad:blobtired:
    Like everyone else, I hope the author take all the time she needs. She deserves it so much! We will wait and go at the author pace supporting and giving all the love we have:justabotheart::justabotheart:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    Lina5, Ruzova, Marinessa and 4 others like this.
  13. Ruzova

Ruzova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish we could see Bourbon's developement outside of Frederick. She's the only female knight and one of the strongest. She's here to save her family from ruin which is awesome but everything is destroyed by her obsession with fred. At first i thought he was treating her like that to protect her from the general like so that he doesn't kill her to punish him but after seeing the way he turns into a puppy in front of Angela in broad daylight for all the world to see even in Vess i just understood that i was wrong :blobunamused: and that he's just using her. Even when the general was about to slice her throat her thoughts were for him. No you're worth more than that sister you deserve better.

As for Garnet her delusions are hella annoying i get that it's mostly played for laughs but i wish the author would stop with them honestly lmao.
    Plus it's a pity cuz her character has potential i like that she has more than 1 personality trait. I really want to like her :blobsmile:

These 3 need to get a grip and i get that frederick is a victim of abuse but i really don't like his attitude towards the people around him.

eirenne, Marinessa, Lemew and 4 others like this.
  14. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you remember that moment in the first season, when Rayburn was dripping wet and Garnet tried to hit on him? :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: I loved her for being so straightforward and confident. (It was not as Rayburn's 8 years crush on Angela would be shaken just by that.)

But I think Fred values Bourbon not just as someone to use.
    After Rayburn almost kills her in the duchy, during the first season, he says she should just do as it pleases her.
    Fred, who thinks almost everyone is two-faced who wants to use him, probably likes to keep Bourbon close because she is honest.
    (He is such a hypocrite.)

I see Fred as a pet snake. It's beautiful, interesting, it can be loved, but it still can bite you. Be careful.

About Bourbon. She likes Frederick, ok. But, even if he liked her back, Can the shadows involve themselves romantically with their masters? Would she have to choose to be his shadow or his sweetheart?

15. ISTPRayburn

ISTPRayburn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you're right, this manhwa is worth the wait. even if it will take them a year it's fine as long as they don't drop the manhwa and we can see them again

so the irregular serialization is only in S2? maybe the author would get better in S3

16. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The beauty of ISTP everyone. Everyone has their annoying side. (Except Mano. Man is he perfect, I know you tried to kill Angie in early chapters but he realized in 3 seconds of "What the hell was I doing") Even Angela has her downsides. She's pretty obsessed with "stanning" Rayburn, hiding her feelings for him, and has a bit of inferiority complex. And not white lotus self-less but actually genuinely healthy self-less she thinks about her wellbeing too (Early chapters remember when she wanted to flee but deduced that she'll become a fugitive again. And she stayed for Eldrige, the pink haired kid mostly cause she didnt want to put her on the spot on losing "The scholar)

17. Thoughtful-Dreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that, at the end, we will have a time skip to see what everyone is doing or maybe a spin off with the kids (Oh gosh I have so many ideas about them!!:blobReach:)

18. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww::aww: Kyaaaaah!
    Me too!!!
    To me, there will be three of them: Anna (안나), Lucy(루시) and Kaio (카이오).
    There is so much to say... I'm already thinking they grown-up life. :blobjoy: I can't bring myself to write anything in English at this moment, I'm so thrilled!

19. Thoughtful-Dreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that you will do it one day:blobReach:
    Honestly, I really wonder if it is possible to have a spin off... Has it already been done for other manhwa?

20. Lina5

Lina5 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for saying this. I feel like some people only care about the romance (which ofc is important) but forget that there is a plot and well made side characters.

Why she had to go to the duke
    Survive as the hero's wife
    A Bittersweet couple
    A villain's saviour
    These have sort of flashforwards like that after the ending.